Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
Dr. Tact

Re: Keep on keepin' on LaxFan2000. Your observations are a breath of fresh air.

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:27 am I don't know the real identity of LaxFan2000. To me it's irrelevant. What has been written by LF2k in this thread about how things can be on this forum is right on. I've experienced it more times than I could count myself in my 3-1/2 years on this site. It isn't only that some members will engage you on an issue where there are differing opinions. Nothing wrong with that. It's the insults and snotty more-educated-than-thou/holier-than-thou attitude; the self-deluded moral and intellectual superiority that is flaunted by certain members that provokes others when they can't convince the other of their perspective. If they can't convince you with their logic then they'll insult you.

I don't know, or know of, one human being who enjoys being talked down to in the condescending, pedantic way that certain members address you with when you disagree with them or post an opinion that they disagree with. For all the higher learning and obvious intelligence and knowledge of these finger-wagging members--it's childish what they resort to when frustrated. I can't convince you that I'm right and you're wrong so now I'll insult you and laugh at you with emoji and talk down to you like the under-educated, uninformed, lesser than person that you are. I am fully within my right to insult you and make fun of you because you brought it on yourself by holding to your opinion and not agreeing with me.

Speaking as one member who has experienced these things here, that's my testimony--and THAT is what LF2k (and others) are saying and have said over the years. And THAT is what should be taken to heart and pondered.

(You watch--guarantee that what follows this post will be insults and attacks on what I wrote and how I wrote it and the inconsistencies therein, and what's really behind it and what my true ulterior motives are, along with my character and history on this site--all to discredit and dismiss not only what I've written here--but what LF2k and others have written. Wait for it...)
I don't know if you set this up to get people to respond negatively, on purpose? I am not here to chastise or demean, but I do bristle at the "holier than thou", "More educated", "Condescending" rhetoric. I try to not pound on you or others, but that us/them, blue/red, little guy/bully message you repeatedly post is sad. I hope you don't really feel that way, as that isn't how I see it. But, as you always say, you have yours, I have mine. "All we are saying....is give peace a chance"
DMac

Re: Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

Post by DMac »

I don't know if you set this up to get people to respond negatively, on purpose?
The answer to that, Dr., is of course he did, hence the wait for it part. Wait no longer. It's the same MO regardless of the many aliases. Instigate, agitate and then run and hide under a skirt when the retaliation is a little too rough. Gotta give credit where credit is due though, I guess, he even came out of his own personal little safe space in order to do it here again.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:26 am
I don't know if you set this up to get people to respond negatively, on purpose?
The answer to that, Dr., is of course he did, hence the wait for it part. Wait no longer. It's the same MO regardless of the many aliases. Instigate, agitate and then run and hide under a skirt when the retaliation is a little too rough. Gotta give credit where credit is due though, I guess, he even came out of his own personal little safe space in order to do it here again.

People out here having an argument with nowheregetoutifheteweggett (sp?), likely irritating the Admin, further crushing my dreams of being giving compassionate release out of the Fanlax dungeon.

Do you know what it’s like being water-boarded for four+ months?

Please sign my petition at change.org

https://chng.it/bHWfcQtdFV
DMac

Post by DMac »

Petition details
Comments
Updates
Release Peter Brown from the Fanlax Dungeon

Peter Brown started this petition
Peter was set upon by a gang of libs who won’t debate any topic. We know the deal. Totalitarians amongst us. Weak argumentation. Terrified of defending their thoughts.

Free speech is the American way. Lacrosse players must have more sac. A sad day for sure.

I miss Joe Mauer and Cradle, Tech37, OS, Youthathletics, and all the independent thinkers of Fanlax. They need help.

Don’t let leftism win!
I like the petition but you'll have better luck getting it signed here than there, too much required info at the other place.
You do know this will fall on admin's blind eyes and deaf ears regarding this subject though, right?
Keep it all in house, sign here.
DMac
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:53 pm Petition details
Comments
Updates

Peter was set upon by a gang of libs who won’t debate any topic. We know the deal. Totalitarians amongst us. Weak argumentation. Terrified of defending their thoughts.

Free speech is the American way. Lacrosse players must have more sac. A sad day for sure.

I miss Joe Mauer and Cradle, Tech37, OS, Youthathletics, and all the independent thinkers of Fanlax. They need help.

Don’t let leftism win!
I like the petition but you'll have better luck getting it signed here than there, too much required info at the other place.
You do know this will fall on admin's blind eyes and deaf ears regarding this subject though, right?
DMac
I signed and I dont even know PB
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Comments
Updates

Don’t let leftism win!
DMac
Just when one thinks there's a lunacy limit around here poor Petey goes medieval on the evil libs thus attracting a whole bunch of moths to his flame and failing to realize the the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cannot wait to see how much stupider this gets - hard to believe he's in a dungeon but can still post from his cell. What's the point of it all?
:oops: or is this just a new version of "That's Entertainment".
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:52 pm
Comments
Updates

Don’t let leftism win!
DMac
Just when one thinks there's a lunacy limit around here poor Petey goes medieval on the evil libs thus attracting a whole bunch of moths to his flame and failing to realize the the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

Cannot wait to see how much stupider this gets - hard to believe he's in a dungeon but can still post from his cell. What's the point of it all?
:oops: or is this just a new version of "That's Entertainment".
From personal experience, when you post from the dungeon your posts don't show up on this forum until cleared by the moderator. So whatever comments PB makes have already been screened for content.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Kismet wrote
Just when one thinks there's a lunacy limit around here poor Petey goes medieval on the evil libs thus attracting a whole bunch of moths to his flame and failing to realize the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

I just get a kick out of it all...the incremental punishment and all, ya know.
cradle is right and we're both speaking from experience when saying that the guards screen outgoing messages allowing some and deeming others unacceptable.
Example: During my last (well, my last to date anyway) Seacoaster(1) was kind enough to ask if if I needed or wanted anything.
I replied with this but it never made it out of the confines.

Yes, I thought with my time in here I'd practice a little voodoo. If you come across one of those voodoo dolls drop one off for me if you would, please. Oh, and don't forget the pins. (ONW is still here squawking and rambling on so obviously the message was never delivered and I never got the doll.)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:27 pm
Kismet wrote
Just when one thinks there's a lunacy limit around here poor Petey goes medieval on the evil libs thus attracting a whole bunch of moths to his flame and failing to realize the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

I just get a kick out of it all...the incremental punishment and all, ya know.
cradle is right and we're both speaking from experience when saying that the guards screen outgoing messages allowing some and deeming others unacceptable.
Example: During my last (well, my last to date anyway) Seacoaster(1) was kind enough to ask if if I needed or wanted anything.
I replied with this but it never made it out of the confines.

Yes, I thought with my time in here I'd practice a little voodoo. If you come across one of those voodoo dolls drop one off for me if you would, please. Oh, and don't forget the pins. (ONW is still here squawking and rambling on so obviously the message was never delivered and I never got the doll.)
As with social media, engagement is good for business, I suppose. :lol: :lol: :lol: Also better than checking cakes and pie to see if files are baked into them. :D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Comments
Updates

Don’t let leftism win!
DMac

Appreciate it.

Maybe the Admin will have a change of heart. There’s humanity in every warden, except Warden Sam Norton.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:41 am
LaxFan2000 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:28 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:17 am
LaxFan2000 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:48 am
JBFortunato wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:48 pm
admin wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:28 pm
admin wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:39 am More trolling. Peter Brown, Your last penalty was a 16 Minute (32 day) Penalty. This one is an 32 minute (64 day) penalty. Penalty will be up on Tuesday, January 25th at 9:37 AM EST.
More trolling. Peter Brown, Your last penalty was a 32 Minute (64 day) Penalty. This one is a 64 minute (128 day) penalty. Penalty will be up on Thursday, November 17th at 11:27 PM EST.

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=389397#p389397
Let me get this straight, Peter Brown is banned from the site for four+ MONTHS for "trolling"?

I'll say it again: this is a senseless system, it's punitive and brings about ridiculous outcomes. And it only seems to apply to those with certain political views. I'm certain we can do better.
egregious such, JB, and after a warning that day from Admin.
It's possible, in our small forum, that only a very few posters actually have the intent to incite anger with clearly false information.
Not merely contrary opinion. Not merely political views.

I support the progressive penalty concept with escalating penalties for repeated offenses.
As a relatively new poster, it seems that you engage with this poster more so than others. Why are you unable to ignore him and not engage? It's not anybody's jobs to discount what he is saying. It's a politics forum on a lacrosse website for Pete's sake. In the scheme of things, it's a fly on a elephant's poop. Just don't engage, regardless of what you think of it. I've been on this site for less than I month and even I can see that. Not anyone's responsibility to provide the "truth". Regardless of what you think that poster's intent is.
Probably good advice, but as another poster noted on a related thread about such trolling, (in that case someone who posts prolifically on the women's D1 thread), posts that go unchallenged gain credence as if accepted...while I don't think that's entirely the case, there's certainly an element of such. And this is, after all, a discussion forum.

You're right that I do engage more than some others who try to simply ignore him and the clutter he posts. However, I don't engage with Petey nearly as much as a few others do. I do get fed up at times with flat out lying; and the frequency of his references to me and my views, inaccurately, when I haven't been anywhere near that particular conversation is certainly irksome. But I don't have nearly the patience of some who debate him at each turn, dissecting his BS exhaustively. Different strokes.

You are certainly free to disagree with me (and many others who have voiced their views) regarding Petey's intent and his use of flat out falsehoods.

And we certainly needn't agree on any particular "truth" that is subjective in nature, again it's a discussion forum. People have different perspectives. That's the point... reasonable, fair-minded, and civil discussion and sharing of information can be plenty full of debate, discussion, and learning. I definitely learn a lot from other posters, including, though not exclusively, from those with a different worldview than my own.

The forum has some rather simple rules and there's a 'ref' who makes the calls. That undoubtedly involves some subjectivity, as in any refereeing, but when the ref (Admin) warns one to cool it, cool it. Else expect to go to the box...and if you violate over and over again, expect time in the box to get longer. You'll note that Petey has violated many times...I don't think it's unreasonable to infer intent to incite from that pattern. And ultimately, my opinion is merely that, I'm not the ref.

BTW, pretty sure he did so under another alias before this one. I could be wrong about that, but many others have seen that connection as likely as well.

To be clear, I think that there are others who "troll" occasionally to stir up debate, but generally they engage civilly and if told to cool it, they cool it. Thus, less time in the box. And that includes folks on opposite ends of the political spectrum.
I'm not so sure I see "trolling" as gaining credence if not challenged, I look at it as quite the opposite. If you respond to it, you are giving it credence by the nature of the fact your responded to it. It's nobody's job on this site to police the truth, that's impossible and futile. If that's how somebody wants to contribute, they will eventually pay the price, get sick of it, or some combination of both. This is a fly in the ointment site in regards to politics, we are not solving the world's issues here. It just seems that some take the politics section way too seriously and have become obsessed with it, sometimes lacking awareness of this point.
Undoubtedly a fair assessment, certainly a reasonable one to have. ;)

But it's a discussion forum, and people engage with one another's information, logic and views for their entertainment, and to some extent education.

I find it a great way to keep abreast of political news (and lax news!), and am far better informed by the myriad of readers of various other sources beyond my own regular consumption. I also find it a way to sharpen and refine my own views, often through observing or participating in debate over conflicting perspectives. Sometimes that means considerable modification of my view, sometimes it means recognizing the logic and fallacies of various arguments.

I just appreciate when that debate and discussion and sharing is done civilly and with fair and reasonable intent...basic social contract stuff. I understand someone getting super passionate, but I find it most interesting and potentially persuasive when they explain their perspective fully and logically...BUT when those who play partisan games with flat out lies get in the way of that discourse, it spoils the tenor of surrounding discussions.

I'll look forward to your participation.
I think the point is that this is a community. Virtual in most ways but not always. If it’s so unimportant then rolling in and choosing to participate after long time viewing and then deciding “I’m going to begin participating by jumping into questioning the behavior of others, context of no relevance at all, and my argument that they’re wrong will be predicated on how unimportant this is. But it’s important now that I choose to participate by quickly starting to question the behavior of others.” Makes a ton of sense.

But we know some people don’t value or care to participate in communities when it’s inconvenient to their own priorities so like a physical community it reflects the same mix of behavior.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nigel wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:50 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:02 am It's laughable though. We get regular bs inflamatory stuff from 2 people in particular, on the opposite polar from Pete, and nothing ever happens.
because a lib in the box would look like this-

I find it’s the regressive MAGA crowd that talks tough and then cries victimhood while shriveling the way the dumb jewelers do when trying to rob bullet tooth Tony at the bar…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1crhwQPKr7w
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:48 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:29 pm
LaxFan2000 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:37 pm Interesting as always, LandM.

I think I only winced/blinked twice, once when you used the word "enemies" re Heather Cox and NYT...if I understood your meaning correctly. Really, they are the "enemy"? Your enemy? Totally agree with you that it's good to read perspectives, experiences, tastes, expertise that don't directly align with one's own...lots of learning can happen in that way...

But "enemy"? ugh, this polarization in America is an ugly thing.

The second was "when I and a few others put myself out there for that freedom is over the top"; which freedom? What are you referring to with this? Do you mean freedom of speech?...that describing someone's "speech" as "trolling" is "over the top"? So, "speech" describing another's "speech" in negative terms should not happen?? I may be totally misunderstanding you, but that's what I've gleaned so far...

Or is it just that the rules of the site that penalize trolling or vicious personal attacks are what you think is "over the top"? I'm thinking that view seems to lead into the "echo chamber" notion...that a few guys getting sent to the box for breaking the rules reduces the number of "speech" providers, or "speakers", so don't penalize...?

That phrase followed you saying you had been called a nazi or fascist (I don't recall anyone calling you either of those, but things do get heated at times and those words do get thrown around to describe the far right wing populist movement ...I just don't recall you writing anything that would get that degree of response to you personally...some others have, but I don't recall that from you...sure, 'right wing' or 'conservative' but not "fascist" or "nazi"...but then maybe my memory is slipping...I think I'm a couple years younger than you, but only a couple, so maybe ;) ...).

Here's my sense, at least on the politics threads (the women's thread 'trolling' issue is a different kettle of fish, I think), a handful of people somehow associated with our sport (and at least one with no affiliation, but with a professed rooting interest...) participate in discussions on various topics of timely interest, sharing information and perspectives, debating etc...a few seem to see it as a battleground, an opportunity to be keyboard warriors for a partisan cause...ideology doesn't seem to matter, just the partisan aspect...a few are simply ideologically passionate, both ends of various spectrums. But most are actually interested in discussing and learning from one another... It's not many total people...most think it would be great if more people, of good faith, joined in...

We're not sure why more people don't participate, one theory is that such discussion is too contentious, one exposes oneself to attack...certainly the reason why I for one don't participate on Twitter or Facebook etc; those areas IMO are a cesspool of anger and vitriol and, yes, "trolling". Others say, hey, we'd have many more participants if people were free to post any darn thing they want, attack each other all they want, etc. Others (esp.the mods) preferred a forum in which many moderators wielded power, no seeming recourse or discussion brooked.

so, when this forum was being put together after the earlier one failed, the founders asked for input from the handful of people who first showed up...the result was a forum with very few rules, but a few, with the intent that people would feel welcome to read and post, without concern about the kinds of stuff one can readily get on Twitter or FB.

Moreover, another area of the forum, Hamsterdam, was created where there are no holds barred, say what you want, post what you want. Result? Hamsterdam gets very little posting.

This overall forum is pretty darn active daily, but the total # of posters remains pretty small...
Do you really not know why the number of posters remains small? It's because a small number of posters go out of their way to try and control the conversation to fit their narrative. There's very little actual discussion being had. It's more admonishing others who don't fall in line. Only been this way recently. If you can't see that it tells me you are one of the worst offenders...
But "enemy"? ugh, this polarization in America is an ugly thing.
Unless of course a guy like VDH posts an article. Then the objectivity from the FLP folks on this forum that lavish praise and admiration on HCR and then eviscerate VDH. No bias or prejudice from the FLP folks in that regard is there?? These are the same FLP folks always lecturing us of the need to be "open minded" and respecting of opposing points of view. There is a hot steaming load of horsechit for all to contemplate. It might be helpful if some of you folks actually read what you post??? When you avail yourself of that opportunity and look up the definition of what a hypocrite is.. you might be surprised... :D

Very good post Cradle.

Miss you!

Laxfan is of course correct, hence the stirred-up 🐝’s. 😂

I don’t know how to file an appeal here. I’m trying to find the portal but don’t see much. 😂
Don't worry, you'll be back in time to gloat about the November red wave.
2000 sounds a bit like a cross between you and Joe...

Coincidentally(?), 2000 joined the forum the same day has Joe received his last penalty. Same reluctance to engage with facts/logic/info on any topics other than a couple in the women's lax area (solid there). In the politics area just chastising others for "group think", but not engaging with facts/logic/info, his or others. Difference, so far, is that 2000 hasn't resorted to all caps shouting etc.

But he posted yesterday a response re Gavin Newsom as a potential candidate positioning himself for 2024 that was quintessential "Petey". Exact same style, indeed his writing style is more akin to yours than Joe's, but less of the exaggerated nonsense and, so far, no outright disinformation.

Rest well, Pete.
I think you will get at least most of your wishes in November...a couple not so much...
Reading from the same script.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ILL7N8ACJUc
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:27 am I don't know the real identity of LaxFan2000. To me it's irrelevant. What has been written by LF2k in this thread about how things can be on this forum is right on. I've experienced it more times than I could count myself in my 3-1/2 years on this site. It isn't only that some members will engage you on an issue where there are differing opinions. Nothing wrong with that. It's the insults and snotty more-educated-than-thou/holier-than-thou attitude; the self-deluded moral and intellectual superiority that is flaunted by certain members that provokes others when they can't convince the other of their perspective. If they can't convince you with their logic then they'll insult you.

I don't know, or know of, one human being who enjoys being talked down to in the condescending, pedantic way that certain members address you with when you disagree with them or post an opinion that they disagree with. For all the higher learning and obvious intelligence and knowledge of these finger-wagging members--it's childish what they resort to when frustrated. I can't convince you that I'm right and you're wrong so now I'll insult you and laugh at you with emoji and talk down to you like the under-educated, uninformed, lesser than person that you are. I am fully within my right to insult you and make fun of you because you brought it on yourself by holding to your opinion and not agreeing with me.

Speaking as one member who has experienced these things here, that's my testimony--and THAT is what LF2k (and others) are saying and have said over the years. And THAT is what should be taken to heart and pondered.

(You watch--guarantee that what follows this post will be insults and attacks on what I wrote and how I wrote it and the inconsistencies therein, and what's really behind it and what my true ulterior motives are, along with my character and history on this site--all to discredit and dismiss not only what I've written here--but what LF2k and others have written. Wait for it...)
Have you seen the number of emojis and lols the topic of this thread hs used? Seriously. I think both emojis and lol are the dumbest things in the world. But while I understand what your claiming to feel, it’s pretty incongruous to suggest it’s some people but not the dude who’s in the booty house here now.
See Martin, Malcolm
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:34 pm Have you seen the number of emojis and lols the topic of this thread he used? Seriously. I think both emojis and lol are the dumbest things in the world. But while I understand what your claiming to feel, it’s pretty incongruous to suggest it’s some people but not the dude who’s in the booty house here now.
Not even remotely suggesting anything about Peter. My original post was in support of what LaxFan2000 has been writing, in addition to relating my experiences on these boards which echo his sentiments.
DMac

Post by DMac »

LF2000 has come in after intermission and has no idea what this movie is all about. You with your many aliases and self-admitted instigating and enjoyment derived from poking the bear have gotten everything you deserve by damn near everyone on the wlax side of things here. So what did you do when that happened? Found a skirt to hide under and create your own little safe space. Now you're playing the po' lil' ol' me, everybody's pickin' on me role. Revolting and sickening but typical and fully expected. You should stay in your safe space where you can ramble on with your never ending nonsense rather than coming out to the big playground where people are going to call you out, things get a little too rough for you out here.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Just a note to you, D. I no longer read what you (or certain others, for that matter) write in particular contexts. You've become all too predictable when it comes to either talking to me or about me. It's too bad because I enjoy reading what you write when I am not the subject. You have a great sense of humor and an extensive history with the sport in addition to just being a downright interesting read. You're also a great storyteller. The stories you share are always interesting and usually funny.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yeah, I can see you don't tune in. Good idea though, keep yourself protected from those who see through your bullschidt and call you out. Your Utopia, the imaginary community with skirts and shelter a plenty is an ideal spot for you. Suggest you stay in there and don't come out.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Just had to reply - man - I apologize - MD if you are an investor in this site just say so - you act like one - it is all good but full disclosure is even better.

MD - playing ball - football that is - we always watched film (I am old) on who the weak sister was - you know the crybaby - so you would hit the weak sister when no one was looking - the Catholic and Mormon boys in a bit of a scrum would twist a knee or two - you know the weak sister. Make them cry a tad - you all do not do that in lax? I gotta ask my kid.

So to all the weak sisters out here:
1. "Know your enemy" is what Sun Zhu said, it is/was his term not mine - read history man - it was not meant to be a negative it is what a guy said how many years ago - SMH - it means know what others are thinking and contemplating;
2. You claim you were in a few frat fights - we do not have frats at AFA or in SF but been in many a barroom and other fights/brawls both stateside and keeping the peace internationally - sheesh - you had to be the guy with the glass chin?
3. I do mean what I said - there are folks out here that have been shot at in anger compliments of your tax dollars - I am sure they did not ask for that thrill - to come out here and disparage them, that to me is bad form and I will stick up for them. It truly sucks being shot at in anger. But keep rolling - I honestly think you are the troll - just my opinion.

Best

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”