Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
Brooklyn

Re: Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

Post by Brooklyn »

If that was true, you'd be the perfect librul. :lol:
I just knew that was too good to be true.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:28 pm Sorry, but your post reminded me of a time, after I had spoken at a conference. How long ago? I had a stack of paper business cards on a little table for those who wanted to come up after the talk. So, maybe a couple of weeks later, I get a call, and the caller introduces himself, "Hello? I'm Joe Schmoe, from the IRS." Pause. My heart stops for a second. "Anyway, I appreciated your talk the other week" Heart restarts. Before we ended the call, I asked him to think twice about the way he starts his phone calls.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s exactly how I feel
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:13 pm
smoova wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:42 pm Seems Kramer is not complaining, just stating the obvious. The real right leaning (minority) on this forum are far ...
... more inclined to fling the particular variety of poo that lands them in the box.
As stated by others: it's easy to land in the box if those enforcing the rules have a different political ideology.
Lets revisit this...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Gretchen wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:27 pm But has it ever crossed your mind that people receive leniency because of selective rule enforcement?
Yes. And I don't see it. I see specific posters getting out of control, being warned, and then not relenting. That these posters are right or left or otherwise isn't relevant to me. For example, Peter Brown, you can say that he's a victim of his being right-wing or whatever you want and... You have to be joking. His penalty box time has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with, and I'm being kind when i say this, being a troll. Infractions put these people in the penalty box, not politics.
Still waiting for the flag...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:43 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:43 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 am Here's a couple of hints...
I'll add another hint. Personal attacks on a group of people (e.g. Xs are idiots. Ys are child molesters. Zs are liars.) is a personal attack on the people who are members of Group X, Y, and Z.
How about attacks or name calling on groups like "Antivaxers?"
Like this one:
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:14 pm
Post title: Re: Unvaccinated Trash Harm Their Children, Themselves, and Burden Healthcare System

Let’s dispense with the niceties here.

If you are an adult who refuses to get the Covid-19 vaccine, or if you are a parent who refuses to get your eligible children vaccinated, then you are by definition, TRASH.

Stop being ignorant, dangerous, reckless morons … get vaccinated.

DocBarrister :?
Another
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:47 am
As one of the irrational unvaccinated, you are part of the problem. We are continuing to see large surges in serious Covid-19 infections mainly because of the unvaccinated. By the way, if you live in South Carolina, they are beginning to see a surge right now.

https://www.wbtw.com/health/coronavirus ... -rise/amp/

There is absolutely no rational reason to be unvaccinated. It’s selfish. It’s irrational. It’s cowardly. It’s reckless. It’s senseless. It’s costly to society.

Get fully vaccinated. Then get the booster. Do us all a favor and perform your civic duty.

DocBarrister
Another
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:58 am Ignore the ignorant (including the ignorant anti-vaxxers on this forum) … get the Covid vaccine and get the booster.

DocBarrister :?
As I was saying...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Now this:
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:14 am
old salt wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:50 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:28 am Why do you constantly criticize NATO?
Having to deal with the Parliament of Estonia calling for an air war with Russia. Maybe they could buy an airplane & join us,
...or maybe Poland will give Estonia their Migs, if the US will backfill them with new F-16's.
These former Russian provinces are quite demanding. Thanks for the consultation.
I would say your repugnant pro-Putin views would cost you what little credibility you have, old salt, but you have no credibility at all to lose.

Both Estonian and Polish troops served in Afghanistan, Estonia for a decade and Poland for nearly two decades, all as part of their responsibility to NATO and the United States, the only NATO nation to ever invoke Article 5 of the NATO treaty.

Estonia and Poland are not “former Russian provinces,” they are independent nations and NATO allies who answered America’s call after we were attacked on September 11, 2001.

And instead of standing by these allies, you choose instead to spread the smears of the malignant war criminal, Vladimir Putin, and his murderous fascist state that is contemporary Russia?

Your support of Putin and Russia makes you a supporter of a fascist and fascism.

You can end any pretense, which must be tiring for you, since you are once again showing your true colors.

Just come out and admit it … you admire Putin because he is a fascist, and you are rooting for Russia against Ukraine because you, in your heart, support fascism. You would not be the first American fascist in history, and you will not be the last. And you have plenty of company among the Trump cultists.

That is what you represent, is it not … the latest manifestation of the American fascist movement?

Just admit the obvious and maybe we can finally have an honest contribution from you on this forum.

DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:24 am Now this:
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:14 am
old salt wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:50 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:28 am Why do you constantly criticize NATO?
Having to deal with the Parliament of Estonia calling for an air war with Russia. Maybe they could buy an airplane & join us,
...or maybe Poland will give Estonia their Migs, if the US will backfill them with new F-16's.
These former Russian provinces are quite demanding. Thanks for the consultation.
I would say your repugnant pro-Putin views would cost you what little credibility you have, old salt, but you have no credibility at all to lose.

Both Estonian and Polish troops served in Afghanistan, Estonia for a decade and Poland for nearly two decades, all as part of their responsibility to NATO and the United States, the only NATO nation to ever invoke Article 5 of the NATO treaty.

Estonia and Poland are not “former Russian provinces,” they are independent nations and NATO allies who answered America’s call after we were attacked on September 11, 2001.

And instead of standing by these allies, you choose instead to spread the smears of the malignant war criminal, Vladimir Putin, and his murderous fascist state that is contemporary Russia?

Your support of Putin and Russia makes you a supporter of a fascist and fascism.

You can end any pretense, which must be tiring for you, since you are once again showing your true colors.

Just come out and admit it … you admire Putin because he is a fascist, and you are rooting for Russia against Ukraine because you, in your heart, support fascism. You would not be the first American fascist in history, and you will not be the last. And you have plenty of company among the Trump cultists.

That is what you represent, is it not … the latest manifestation of the American fascist movement?

Just admit the obvious and maybe we can finally have an honest contribution from you on this forum.

DocBarrister
I would agree that this goes a notch too far, though the push back is definitely being invited on the merits of the discussion. The issue with doc's post (IMO only) is not his (accurate IMO) opinion that Salty's posts are reflective of the "fascist" tendencies in the right wing movement in America, indeed in right wing nationalist movements around the world, but that he goes to the personal accusation. If I was Admin, I'd ask Doc to tone down the personal a notch. Make his counterpoint more generally.

If you think it deserves a flag, report it. Personally, I'd only give a warning to tone it down.

I don't agree that Doc's challenge, more generally, of anti-vaxxers is a personal attack.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Bart wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:06 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:54 pm OK, maybe that was the way the original was written. If so, that makes the movie a likely improvement over the story.

I’m released tomorrow. Might not sleep this evening. Brooklyn has been waiting to have substantive conversations again.

Been so long.

These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. After long enough, you get so you depend on 'em. That's "institutionalized."
Ceaser's has your over/under to the next ban at 38 days................

Over/under to being called a troll is only 8 days...........

Good luck!
crushed the over/under........took it all the way to the bank!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:10 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:06 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:54 pm OK, maybe that was the way the original was written. If so, that makes the movie a likely improvement over the story.
I’m released tomorrow. Might not sleep this evening. Brooklyn has been waiting to have substantive conversations again.

Been so long.

These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. After long enough, you get so you depend on 'em. That's "institutionalized."
Ceaser's has your over/under to the next ban at 38 days................

Over/under to being called a troll is only 8 days...........

Good luck!
crushed the over/under........took it all the way to the bank!

:lol: :lol:

I think I skated really close to the thin ice once. My previous board Achilles was my opponents dared me to return fire, knowing they were safe. And so I did, and got rightfully crushed.

We did get the ‘troll’ comment well within the window, so basically 1 for 2.

Anyway, every time I see my name pop up in the Rules and Penalty Box, my heart skips a beat or five because I assume I’m done for. :lol: :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:28 pm
admin wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:39 am More trolling. Peter Brown, Your last penalty was a 16 Minute (32 day) Penalty. This one is an 32 minute (64 day) penalty. Penalty will be up on Tuesday, January 25th at 9:37 AM EST.
More trolling. Peter Brown, Your last penalty was a 32 Minute (64 day) Penalty. This one is a 64 minute (128 day) penalty. Penalty will be up on Thursday, November 17th at 11:27 PM EST.

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=389397#p389397
128 minutes (256 days). August 8, 2023...
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Happy Days Are Here Again

https://youtu.be/htwB0TaFquk
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

admin wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:39 am More trolling. Peter Brown, Your last penalty was a 16 Minute (32 day) Penalty. This one is an 32 minute (64 day) penalty. Penalty will be up on Tuesday, January 25th at 9:37 AM EST.
More trolling. Peter Brown, Your last penalty was a 32 Minute (64 day) Penalty. This one is a 64 minute (128 day) penalty. Penalty will be up on Thursday, November 17th at 11:27 PM EST.

Let me get this straight, Peter Brown is banned from the site for four+ MONTHS for "trolling"?

I'll say it again: this is a senseless system, it's punitive and brings about ridiculous outcomes. And it only seems to apply to those with certain political views. I'm certain we can do better.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JBFortunato wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:48 pm

Let me get this straight, Peter Brown is banned from the site for four+ MONTHS for "trolling"?

I'll say it again: this is a senseless system, it's punitive and brings about ridiculous outcomes. And it only seems to apply to those with certain political views. I'm certain we can do better.
egregious such, JB, and after a warning that day from Admin.
It's possible, in our small forum, that only a very few posters actually have the intent to incite anger with clearly false information.
Not merely contrary opinion. Not merely political views.

I support the progressive penalty concept with escalating penalties for repeated offenses.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Obviously most normal people agree with you, JB.

I’m not certain this reply will even be posted but I’ll give it a whirl.

The issue comes down to this: the Fanlax politics board is populated mostly by liberals and Democrats. The gods honest truth is they don’t want to engage the other side because they can’t. This leftist fingers-in-ears approach to debate is also seen on college campuses and most social media. It’s here at Fanlax.

So if any independent thinker who refuses to go along to get along shows up, the usual Fanlax suspects (see above post :roll:) inundate the admin with ‘complaints’, which are effectively pleas to not entertain competing ideas.

Those same folks get away with calling posters ‘stupid’, ‘fascists’, ‘racists’, ‘assholes’, etc…never sent to the box. Mostly they don’t get sent off because independent thinkers aren’t soft and so ignore the personal insults. Which only makes the board Democrats even more angry. So they fire off more complaints. It’s comedy, tbh.

And I don’t blame the admin. He’s just trying to shut up the whiners and complainers.

In any event, November 8 will reveal it all.

Onward.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:48 am

It's possible, in our small forum, that only a very few posters actually have the intent to incite anger with clearly false information.

I support the progressive penalty concept with escalating penalties for repeated offenses.
As a relatively new poster, it seems that you engage with this poster more so than others. Why are you unable to ignore him and not engage? It's not anybody's jobs to discount what he is saying. It's a politics forum on a lacrosse website for Pete's sake. In the scheme of things, it's a fly on a elephant's poop. Just don't engage, regardless of what you think of it. I've been on this site for less than I month and even I can see that. Not anyone's responsibility to provide the "truth". Regardless of what you think that poster's intent is.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:37 am

As a relatively new poster, it seems that you engage with this poster more so than others. Why are you unable to ignore him and not engage? It's not anybody's jobs to discount what he is saying. It's a politics forum on a lacrosse website for Pete's sake. In the scheme of things, it's a fly on a elephant's poop. Just don't engage, regardless of what you think of it. I've been on this site for less than I month and even I can see that. Not anyone's responsibility to provide the "truth". Regardless of what you think that poster's intent is.
Probably good advice, but as another poster noted on a related thread about such trolling, (in that case someone who posts prolifically on the women's D1 thread), posts that go unchallenged gain credence as if accepted...while I don't think that's entirely the case, there's certainly an element of such. And this is, after all, a discussion forum.

You're right that I do engage more than some others who try to simply ignore him and the clutter he posts. However, I don't engage with Petey nearly as much as a few others do. I do get fed up at times with flat out lying; and the frequency of his references to me and my views, inaccurately, when I haven't been anywhere near that particular conversation is certainly irksome. But I don't have nearly the patience of some who debate him at each turn, dissecting his BS exhaustively. Different strokes.

You are certainly free to disagree with me (and many others who have voiced their views) regarding Petey's intent and his use of flat out falsehoods.

And we certainly needn't agree on any particular "truth" that is subjective in nature, again it's a discussion forum. People have different perspectives. That's the point... reasonable, fair-minded, and civil discussion and sharing of information can be plenty full of debate, discussion, and learning. I definitely learn a lot from other posters, including, though not exclusively, from those with a different worldview than my own.

The forum has some rather simple rules and there's a 'ref' who makes the calls. That undoubtedly involves some subjectivity, as in any refereeing, but when the ref (Admin) warns one to cool it, cool it. Else expect to go to the box...and if you violate over and over again, expect time in the box to get longer. You'll note that Petey has violated many times...I don't think it's unreasonable to infer intent to incite from that pattern. And ultimately, my opinion is merely that, I'm not the ref.

BTW, pretty sure he did so under another alias before this one. I could be wrong about that, but many others have seen that connection as likely as well.

To be clear, I think that there are others who "troll" occasionally to stir up debate, but generally they engage civilly and if told to cool it, they cool it. Thus, less time in the box. And that includes folks on opposite ends of the political spectrum.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:17 am

Probably good advice, but as another poster noted on a related thread about such trolling, (in that case someone who posts prolifically on the women's D1 thread), posts that go unchallenged gain credence as if accepted...while I don't think that's entirely the case, there's certainly an element of such. And this is, after all, a discussion forum.

You're right that I do engage more than some others who try to simply ignore him and the clutter he posts. However, I don't engage with Petey nearly as much as a few others do. I do get fed up at times with flat out lying; and the frequency of his references to me and my views, inaccurately, when I haven't been anywhere near that particular conversation is certainly irksome. But I don't have nearly the patience of some who debate him at each turn, dissecting his BS exhaustively. Different strokes.

You are certainly free to disagree with me (and many others who have voiced their views) regarding Petey's intent and his use of flat out falsehoods.

And we certainly needn't agree on any particular "truth" that is subjective in nature, again it's a discussion forum. People have different perspectives. That's the point... reasonable, fair-minded, and civil discussion and sharing of information can be plenty full of debate, discussion, and learning. I definitely learn a lot from other posters, including, though not exclusively, from those with a different worldview than my own.

The forum has some rather simple rules and there's a 'ref' who makes the calls. That undoubtedly involves some subjectivity, as in any refereeing, but when the ref (Admin) warns one to cool it, cool it. Else expect to go to the box...and if you violate over and over again, expect time in the box to get longer. You'll note that Petey has violated many times...I don't think it's unreasonable to infer intent to incite from that pattern. And ultimately, my opinion is merely that, I'm not the ref.

BTW, pretty sure he did so under another alias before this one. I could be wrong about that, but many others have seen that connection as likely as well.

To be clear, I think that there are others who "troll" occasionally to stir up debate, but generally they engage civilly and if told to cool it, they cool it. Thus, less time in the box. And that includes folks on opposite ends of the political spectrum.
I'm not so sure I see "trolling" as gaining credence if not challenged, I look at it as quite the opposite. If you respond to it, you are giving it credence by the nature of the fact your responded to it. It's nobody's job on this site to police the truth, that's impossible and futile. If that's how somebody wants to contribute, they will eventually pay the price, get sick of it, or some combination of both. This is a fly in the ointment site in regards to politics, we are not solving the world's issues here. It just seems that some take the politics section way too seriously and have become obsessed with it, sometimes lacking awareness of this point.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:28 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:17 am

I'm not so sure I see "trolling" as gaining credence if not challenged, I look at it as quite the opposite. If you respond to it, you are giving it credence by the nature of the fact your responded to it. It's nobody's job on this site to police the truth, that's impossible and futile. If that's how somebody wants to contribute, they will eventually pay the price, get sick of it, or some combination of both. This is a fly in the ointment site in regards to politics, we are not solving the world's issues here. It just seems that some take the politics section way too seriously and have become obsessed with it, sometimes lacking awareness of this point.
Undoubtedly a fair assessment, certainly a reasonable one to have. ;)

But it's a discussion forum, and people engage with one another's information, logic and views for their entertainment, and to some extent education.

I find it a great way to keep abreast of political news (and lax news!), and am far better informed by the myriad of readers of various other sources beyond my own regular consumption. I also find it a way to sharpen and refine my own views, often through observing or participating in debate over conflicting perspectives. Sometimes that means considerable modification of my view, sometimes it means recognizing the logic and fallacies of various arguments.

I just appreciate when that debate and discussion and sharing is done civilly and with fair and reasonable intent...basic social contract stuff. I understand someone getting super passionate, but I find it most interesting and potentially persuasive when they explain their perspective fully and logically...BUT when those who play partisan games with flat out lies get in the way of that discourse, it spoils the tenor of surrounding discussions.

I'll look forward to your participation.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

It's laughable though. We get regular bs inflamatory stuff from 2 people in particular, on the opposite polar from Pete, and nothing ever happens.

Report it all you want. It's like the dead crosswalk sign buttons. Nothing ever happens.

https://wamu.org/story/19/08/08/you-pus ... cars-stop/
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:02 am It's laughable though. We get regular bs inflamatory stuff from 2 people in particular, on the opposite polar from Pete, and nothing ever happens.
because a lib in the box would look like this-

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”