NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LongPoleGuy

Re: NESCAC

Post by LongPoleGuy »

The players can be excused for being classless…if they were on your team you would think their BS is funny, but because it’s the other team and always win it’s easy to hate on. It’s the parents that give them the reputation for being classless. Biggest group of “living through their kids” group of yahoos you will ever meet. Take the worst hockey and AAU parents, mash them together, and you’ve got every Tufts parent. A bunch of booze bags that just chirp the visiting parents all game and act like they’re the ones scoring the goals.
fortheloveoftheCAC

Post by fortheloveoftheCAC »

Is it true that the Tufts formal that was cancelled after the Wes loss was rescheduled to last night and cancelled again?!? If true, would be poetic justice in the ‘CAC.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Nescac12001 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:13 pm
JumboDeano20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 am Long time lurker but figured to finally get on and join the conversation. So, was at the game yesterday and Hamilton played well and deserved the win. I think the hate on this board towards the student-athletes and coaches at Tufts is unfair. Every single team in the NESCAC gets as up as possible to play Tufts, they get everyone’s best shot. And they’re 13-3. 7 regionally ranked wins. Everyone said preseason that Tufts would be “down” but they’ve still been ranked in the Top 5 pretty much all year. Yesterday’s loss doesn’t change the full body of work this season. It’s also OK for these kids to have games where they don’t play their best. They’re not robots. Fair play to Ham, and excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. And about the broadcasters, they’re students at Tufts, obviously they’re going to be somewhat biased. It’s a student-run club that streams the games.
The hate is totally deserved. People don’t hate them because they are good, people hate them because the way they carry themselves and their cockiness on the field and on social media. Any coach posting what Jordan’s they are wearing for game day in D3 lacrosse is going to get hate. Nobody hates on Salisbury like this, even though they win all the time. It’s not the winning people hate, it’s the arrogance and classlessness that people hate. Rightfully so
You are totally full of sh!t!!! First off, hate is a waste of time you freakin A hole. Furthermore, your jealousy makes you a complete loser. Get a life dude. Musta gotten rejected by Tufts!!! Still stings huh?!?!!! Roll Bos!! CLD
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

JumboDeano20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 am Long time lurker but figured to finally get on and join the conversation. So, was at the game yesterday and Hamilton played well and deserved the win. I think the hate on this board towards the student-athletes and coaches at Tufts is unfair. Every single team in the NESCAC gets as up as possible to play Tufts, they get everyone’s best shot. And they’re 13-3. 7 regionally ranked wins. Everyone said preseason that Tufts would be “down” but they’ve still been ranked in the Top 5 pretty much all year. Yesterday’s loss doesn’t change the full body of work this season. It’s also OK for these kids to have games where they don’t play their best. They’re not robots. Fair play to Ham, and excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. And about the broadcasters, they’re students at Tufts, obviously they’re going to be somewhat biased. It’s a student-run club that streams the games.
The hate is totally deserved. People don’t hate them because they are good, people hate them because the way they carry themselves and their cockiness on the field and on social media. Any coach posting what Jordan’s they are wearing for game day in D3 lacrosse is going to get hate. Nobody hates on Salisbury like this, even though they win all the time. It’s not the winning people hate, it’s the arrogance and classlessness that people hate. Rightfully so
Last edited by callaxdad on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

callaxdad wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 pm
You are totally full of sh!t!!! First off, hate is a waste of time you freakin A hole. Furthermore, your jealousy makes you a complete loser. Get a life dude. Musta gotten rejected by Tufts!!! Still stings huh?!?!!! Roll Bos!! CLD
Unfortunately you totally proved his point, but that rocks.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

LongPoleGuy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm The players can be excused for being classless…if they were on your team you would think their BS is funny, but because it’s the other team and always win it’s easy to hate on. It’s the parents that give them the reputation for being classless. Biggest group of “living through their kids” group of yahoos you will ever meet. Take the worst hockey and AAU parents, mash them together, and you’ve got every Tufts parent. A bunch of booze bags that just chirp the visiting parents all game and act like they’re the ones scoring the goals.
Hilarious!!! 🤣🤣🤣 Are you the arbiter of this issue?!! Sorry you/your loser kids couldn’t get into Tufts, the mental scars are readily evident.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

CentennialPundit wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 pm
Unfortunately you totally proved his point, but that rocks.
You must be confusing me for someone who gives a Sh!t about you opinion!! 🤣🤣
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

LongPoleGuy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm The players can be excused for being classless…if they were on your team you would think their BS is funny, but because it’s the other team and always win it’s easy to hate on. It’s the parents that give them the reputation for being classless. Biggest group of “living through their kids” group of yahoos you will ever meet. Take the worst hockey and AAU parents, mash them together, and you’ve got every Tufts parent. A bunch of booze bags that just chirp the visiting parents all game and act like they’re the ones scoring the goals.
Dude, my second response to this post but I gots to compliments you on it, that is truly rich, what a quality bunch of gobbledygook, I mean that is pure unadulterated BS (FYI Mr. Dumass, that’s sh!t that hasn’t been stepped in yet!! Haha). You have my vote for (delusional) post of the year!!
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

tufts parents are the worst parents i have witnessed in person. yes. they chirp at the opposing players. yes, they are rude. the game we attended , tufts fanboys (the parents that were acting like kids and wearing old tufts football jerseys) would stand against the railings on the away teams bleacher side. and when politely asked to sit, or stand on the tufts side, the got confrontational. had to get the local security to come over and ask them to move, and they still put up a dispute.

there were several quite tufts parents sitting or standing on the home bleacher side that acted like regular fans. but this groups of 10-15 obnoxious parents left a lasting impression
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 pm
tufts parents are the worst parents i have witnessed in person. yes. they chirp at the opposing players. yes, they are rude. the game we attended , tufts fanboys (the parents that were acting like kids and wearing old tufts football jerseys) would stand against the railings on the away teams bleacher side. and when politely asked to sit, or stand on the tufts side, the got confrontational. had to get the local security to come over and ask them to move, and they still put up a dispute.

there were several quite tufts parents sitting or standing on the home bleacher side that acted like regular fans. but this groups of 10-15 obnoxious parents left a lasting impression
Just curious Laxatackjackwagon, what game/year was that? Home or away? Who won? Did you have any skin I the game? Do tell!!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

smoova wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 pm I generally mute the NSN announcers anyway since most don't have spotters (so they frequently mis-identify players) and many have only a passing familiarity with lacrosse rules.
Wait, are you saying that the guy who yells “bada bing, bada boom, bada back of the net” 10x a game and misses half the action isn’t the ideal broadcaster?

To be fair, it isn’t all bad. The NSN guy who did Bowdoin-Wesleyan last week was awesome. Good insight, actually could follow the action, really good overall. Very welcome surprise! Some D-III schools have great broadcasts, but it’s definitely not the norm.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Everyone’s experience is different (player/parent/fan/etc.), but IME Tufts fans never went beyond the standard heckling/trash talk that you almost expect to hear. They weren’t remotely close to some of the stuff I saw/heard at multiple other NESCAC schools.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

ah23 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm
smoova wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 pm I generally mute the NSN announcers anyway since most don't have spotters (so they frequently mis-identify players) and many have only a passing familiarity with lacrosse rules.
Wait, are you saying that the guy who yells “bada bing, bada boom, bada back of the net” 10x a game and misses half the action isn’t the ideal broadcaster?

To be fair, it isn’t all bad. The NSN guy who did Bowdoin-Wesleyan last week was awesome. Good insight, actually could follow the action, really good overall. Very welcome surprise! Some D-III schools have great broadcasts, but it’s definitely not the norm.
Could be worse. The Swarthmore guy says, "heavy metal music in [goalie]'s ears" every time someone hits a post.
Nescac12001

Post by Nescac12001 »

CallLaxDad is clearly Casey D with how defensive he’s getting
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I've only interacted with NESCAC parents/fan bases on two occasions. Wesleyan and Amherst. NCAA games. Both were very positive IMO. Nothing out of turn. Complementing each others rosters and individual plays made.

Tufts fan base's reputation is obviously different, but I haven't seen it to comment on it. To the point made before, I've been to Seagull Stadium more than a half dozen times. Plenty of noise, complaints towards the refs, etc. But never really directed at Cabrini. They were respectful of tailgates as well. WAC might feel differently.
dannyric

Post by dannyric »

I'm curious about the state of the Jumbos locker room. The team has lots of talent, but doesn't seem to have the heart or mentality of prior teams. They've had so many close NESCAC games, including against Colby who they really should have smashed given their record. Losing to Hamilton in the conference quarterfinals at home might break their resolve. I could see them losing early in the NCAA tournament (2nd round?). Perhaps they just want to move on to their summer internships on wall street and come back next year. I hope I'm wrong because I think Tufts going deep in May is good for the conference overall.
fortheloveoftheCAC

Post by fortheloveoftheCAC »

dannyric wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:51 pm I'm curious about the state of the Jumbos locker room. The team has lots of talent, but doesn't seem to have the heart or mentality of prior teams. They've had so many close NESCAC games, including against Colby who they really should have smashed given their record. Losing to Hamilton in the conference quarterfinals at home might break their resolve. I could see them losing early in the NCAA tournament (2nd round?). Perhaps they just want to move on to their summer internships on wall street and come back next year. I hope I'm wrong because I think Tufts going deep in May is good for the conference overall.
Word on the street is that they like to keep their internships close to home, so they're gearing up to move from West Hall to the apartments all their fathers bought them in Seaport.

In all seriousness, it seems like there is little offensive leadership on the field, in stark contrast with the steady hands of Bredahl in '22 and Boyden in '23. Based on the view from the live stream on Saturday, it doesn't seem like Waldbaum is giving them much levelheaded guidance--that man was livid in Q4/OT, borderline temper-tantrum. As he should have been with the way the Jumbos played in the final minutes. Gotta wonder whether two weeks without a game will help or hurt their locker room situation. You have to imagine they are doing much reevaluation after scoring only 2 goals through 27 minutes.
CoachDgoBos!

Post by CoachDgoBos! »

Just finished my 2 cups of coffee and have some time between meetings so I thought I would add my take on the winners from this weekend games.

1. Wesleyan V Trinity. Trinity got the best of them in overtime just a few weeks ago, Davis Burleson broke their hearts literally in front of their bench. The cards came into Saturday with that bad taste in their mouth and stomped the bants 18-10, and the 10-1 run in the second half sent the bants back into the arms of the blondes waiting for them at the frats. Despite being the class act of the Cac, Tarnow was most definitely happy with how the bants ended their season, throwing punches and cross-checks down by 8 with 2 min left in the game. The bants are lucky they were led by Bo Paige otherwise they would have had zero offensive attack all year. Word on the street is he doesn't even go out with the mens team he just hits the squash courts late at night. Focusing more on Wes, Ck Giancola didn't take his meds Saturday as he was buzzing and dropped 8 goals on the birdcage. their balanced attack is very tunnel vision aside from Raba, who has more assists than shots taken all year. Hamilton needs another game plan like they had on Saturday if they want to be back in the hotel with the norma-techs prepping for Sunday.

2. Hamilton V Tufts. Their zone seemed to have Dannolfo flustered for the first half as they couldn't understand the concept of valuing the ball and instead pissed the ball away and let the Hamilton keep have the game of his life. Hamilton just outcoached the bos as much as I hate to admit. The speech after the game went something like this. "we have to much talent for us to be losing games, its the coach's faults. we will be re-evaluating every player on our roster and determining who deserves to play and who doesn't. No one is safe." Per reliable source. The bos are more worried about letting their LSM who cant weigh more the 160 soaking wet shot 15 yarders, then setting picks for Regnery in 6v6 play. might be time for the Bos to change their gameplan. The conts came out firing and were up 10-2 at one point, then the mitts became shaky and they let the bos back into the game and almost gave it away. Their attack was lead by Justin pearl, referred to as pearlsy who had 5 goals. He almost blew the game on a clear in OT when he decided to chuck it to the corner and it sailed 15 yards over the poor attackmen's head. But it was Jesse Delinsky who was the hero, after the conts rode the ball back he caught the ball on the crease spun away from walbum and dunked the ball. A spectacular finish, gave the bos just a warm steamer courtesy of the cardiac conts.

3. Bowdoin V Williams. This game was uneventful, williams must have forgot how to beat matchups because im not sure they drew a single slide all game or won a single faceoff. Bears dominated despite Byrne only having 1 goal. The fact that he only netted 1 and the bears still beat up on the cows makes the bears look very dangerous, his 4 assists did crush the cows proving he is an elite distributer as was already determined. they have a multitude of guys who can score and if their can find their stride they could be a wagon. Williams goalie was the only bright spot for them on Saturday, he had upwards of 20 saves and was the only one who decided to show up. Their attack is shorter then the lineup of girls back in Williamstown, now that is saying something. the poles are fat and need to cut down, might be time for McCormack to reevaluate his recruiting tactics. The bears have struggled at times with taking care of fast and aggresive dodgers who can shoot, that is Midds identity, which will make for a good one in CT this weekend.

4. Midd V Amherst. I didnt get to watch this game and im glad I didnt because 9-6 is an ugly score and neither team is looking dangerous. Midds OC is a midget, he needs to find better ways to help his team score goals, that is all I will say. But still, somehow he still set them up to score just enough and beat out the Mammoths in a defensive game. Amherst had some bright spots this year but their inconsistency have been their downfall. With this first-round exit they are on the outs and keeping their fingers crossed on Sunday that Wes wins the ship and keeps the at-large wishes alive. they are holding on the RPI win, despite nearly blowing the game after Kopp did the heartbreaker celebration in the 3rd which sparked a RPI 7 goal run. convinced gross is a fraud, henry tarr put him in a seatbelt and he was a non factor. A team full of eggheads and im glad midd sent them packing. Midd has loads of talent in their midfield and they are gonna have to lean on them if they are gonna take down the bears. the funniest part of this team is they benched their lefty attackmen who is a senior and a captain, talk about embarrassing. :lol:

HM. Tufts, heard the baseball team runs campus. theses guys need to head to the drawing board and fix the culture that this forum has been harping on.

Anyways I have got to get back to my desk and work on investment banking stuff, yk the big bucks, the boys at conn have no idea, future school teacher. #fakecacmember
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Lots of arguing over cockiness, class, announcers, will they even make the tournament now etc. callaxdad, aka ah23, has been pretty quiet recently. #RollBos

The real pressing questions are; what sneakers will Coach D wear to watch the rest of the conference tournament, and more importantly, will he post them online still?
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

callaxdad wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 pm Get a life dude. Musta gotten rejected by Tufts!!! Still stings huh?!?!!! Roll Bos!! CLD
I don't really get this line of insults when most of the posters here went to NESCAC schools or have kids who did. The admission rates of most of them are similar.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”