NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
pcowlax

Re: NESCAC

Post by pcowlax »

Uh oh. Gloves are getting tight on the Continentals. Hamilton was up 11-5, now down to 12-11 with lots of time left in the 4th. Clearly though Tufts is now the in conference machine of years past, they are very vulnerable.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Relentless barrage of shots and finally Tufts ties with 40 sec left, 13-13 in OT
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Hamilton!!!!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Hamilton!
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Wow. How do you throw a pass like that to the middle of the field after that scrum? Congrats to Hamilton.
jetdirect47

Post by jetdirect47 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm Wow. How do you throw a pass like that to the middle of the field after that scrum? Congrats to Hamilton.
Huge win for Hamilton. I'm sure Wes is even happier than they are.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

There will be a non-Tufts NESCAC champion for just the second time in fourteen years. Both semis will have massive postseason implications, what a (potentially) great way to end the season.
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

jetdirect47 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 pm
ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm Wow. How do you throw a pass like that to the middle of the field after that scrum? Congrats to Hamilton.
Huge win for Hamilton. I'm sure Wes is even happier than they are.
Midd, too.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

They almost threw away their shot.
cheesyCacLover420

Post by cheesyCacLover420 »

What a crazy day in the CAC. First America's team's run ends on the ferdcage then D'annolfo's Jordan's lose at home for just the second time in 5 years. I wonder what kind of punishment he's gonna put those poor kids through. Just a crazy day for the conference overall.
D'Annolfo's Jordans

Post by D'Annolfo's Jordans »

Guess D’Annolfo’s gonna have to burn that pair of Jordans…
LILaxGuy08

Post by LILaxGuy08 »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 pm
They almost threw away their shot.
I see what you did there…

My Shot - Hamilton
Gqlaxer27

Post by Gqlaxer27 »

Gqlaxer27 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am Dont be shocked if the conts shock the world today! Stylistically, i think this matchup isnt the best for the jumbos. Hamilton likes to control the ball and let their goalie makes saves, so we will see if tufts is able to get up and down today. They were tied 9-9 deep in the third of the mustang classic, so hopefully its another good one!
lol. Never a doubt. Conts roll. Watch out for Memorial Day weekend
Branwinstonforth

Post by Branwinstonforth »

!!!!!THE COLONIALS GET IT DONE!!!!!
The game started with a HUGE run led by ICE JJ FISH and the Hamilton attack. I have had my doubts about Thomas Healy and his ability as a human being, but he seemed to have the sauce today. he set the tone early with the Legendary Bar MEXICAN gene. I had a chance to interview him during the week and he seemed out of touch and more focused on fixing his guitar string. All in All, Healy Played a commendable game. Moving on to the Defense, John (Face) McKinnon had a complete legacy game, even managing to net one. Mckinnon is a Star in the making, going to haunt those Jumbos for years to come.

Justice Pearl definitely managed to make his imprint in this game. Not sure exactly how many goals he had but it was more than thomas Healy can count in his head.

The Game ended with Christian Byrne picking up HIS FIRST groundball of his career, and of course, ICE JJ Fish IECED it for the Alexanders.

Looking forward to seeing what the Hamiltons put together for next weekend, this is now America's Team.

#WelcometoBrownTown
Branwinstonforth

Post by Branwinstonforth »

Laxguy456 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:26 pm
SaltCounty wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:37 am My best guess at the weekend.

Hamilton @ Tufts - Everyone is headed to Medford next week.
Trinity @ Wesleyan - It's been a good April for the Bants, but Wesleyan wins big on the grass.
Williams @ Bowdoin - Bowdoin ends their skid at home, ready for a run.
Amherst @ Midd - Almost 2 months later, Amherst is the better team and gets a rematch with Tufts.

As for the others...

- Disappointing year for Conn... feels like a missed opportunity & not sure where it goes from here
- A lot to be optimistic about at Colby with Coach Bernhardt... they may be headed back to the JT days
- Too much hype around a team with 4 wins in 2 years; the best being an OT escape from Emerson... next year is make or break at Bates
My pre-season ranking were off:
1. Bowdoin – ended 3rd in regular season, will have to play with an edge on D to come out with the title.
2. Middlebury - ended 4th in regular season, so inconsistent this year…
3. Tufts - ended 1st in regular season, can anyone beat their pressure- must be aggressive against it to have success.
4. Connecticut College - ended 10th in regular season – will have a complete write up on this year – Coach Nagle did not do a good job leading the Camels…
5. Williams - ended 6th in regular season, lost to the top three teams in the regular season.
6. Wesleyan - ended 2nd in regular season, 11 Seniors and Super-Seniors helped the Cards.
7. Amherst - ended 5th in regular season, very strong attack line needs to light it up in the post season
8. Trinity - ended 7th in regular season, finish one spot ahead of predicted…
9. Hamilton - ended 8th in regular season, finish one spot ahead of predicted but are done on Saturday.
10. Colby - ended 9th in regular season, will see what Coach B can bring in for next year…
11. Bates - ended 11th in regular season, much improved from 2023.

My final four : Tufts, Wesleyan, Bowdoin and Amherst
LOL
AOD

Post by AOD »

topstringking327

Post by topstringking327 »

The Cardiac Cardinals survive a battle on the grass. The NESCAC runs through a grass field in the middle of Connecticut.

Tufts can’t get it done at home, and the NESCAC is open for the first time this decade

Bowdoin rolls the purple cows

A lot of tee times are being booked across the northeast
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

topstringking327 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm The Cardiac Cardinals survive a battle on the grass. The NESCAC runs through a grass field in the middle of Connecticut.

Tufts can’t get it done at home, and the NESCAC is open for the first time this decade

Bowdoin rolls the purple cows

A lot of tee times are being booked across the northeast
Anyone know if the semi-final games will be played on grass of turf?
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Is Tufts now out of the NCAA’s certainly not a home team.
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

Asgot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm Is Tufts now out of the NCAA’s certainly not a home team.
Definitely making tournament- definitely not hosting.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”