NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
CoachDgoBos!

Re: NESCAC

Post by CoachDgoBos! »

Adding my take to this forum, which just came across my desk. I was unaware this even existed, I like to focus my attention on Twitter or as the kids call it X. I also need to ensure I have fresh off-brand Jordans for each game, as you can see I am a very busy man.

I'm concerned about the disrespect my team has been receiving on this forum, I spent countless hours hand-picking each of my recruits off the island (ACK), and their game speaks for itself, I love the pretentious, jerk players that can score from deep. You will be eating your words soon when you watch us on the nationally accredited NSN network on Memorial day. Never forget who recruited BOYDEN. Roll Bos
brainbox9

Post by brainbox9 »

CoachDgoBos! wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 pm Adding my take to this forum, which just came across my desk. I was unaware this even existed, I like to focus my attention on Twitter or as the kids call it X. I also need to ensure I have fresh off-brand Jordans for each game, as you can see I am a very busy man.

I'm concerned about the disrespect my team has been receiving on this forum, I spent countless hours hand-picking each of my recruits off the island (ACK), and their game speaks for itself, I love the pretentious, jerk players that can score from deep. You will be eating your words soon when you watch us on the nationally accredited NSN network on Memorial day. Never forget who recruited BOYDEN. Roll Bos
Clearly a troll post, as Coach D would never give credit to such a poverty livestream network (NSN). The rest might be him though. Chew on that.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

jumpman23 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:30 am
SaltCounty wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am Good for Bowdoin - what a turnaround since the Endicott / Babson losses.
Those two must be feeling good that if they don't lock up the AQ, they're in a good spot on 5/5.

Bowdoin ending with Wesleyan / Tufts is unique given the scenarios for #1 seed

Bowdoin wins both - Undefeated Regular Season & #1 seed.
Bowdoin beats Wes / Tufts loses to Amherst - Bowdoin is #1 seed regardless over 2 loss Tufts / 3 loss Wesleyan (Tuesday results don't matter)
Bowdoin beats Wes / Tufts beat Amherst - they play for #1 seed Tuesday.
Bowdoin loses to Wes / Tufts beats Amherst - they play for #1 seed Tuesday

Bowdoin loses to Wes / Tufts loses to Amherst would make for a wild finish in Medford...
An 8W-1L Bowdoin loss at 7W-2L Tufts would make Wesleyan the #1 seed (pending a win over Conn)

After the past few weeks - who knows what will happen.
BTW... Trinity is in position to be as high as #3 ( :shock: ) if they can win the last three and get some help from a Wesleyan loss.

As someone who thought this was Middlebury's year... the excitement about others outweighs the disappointment of being wrong
Fantastic write-up of all these scenarios, many thanks. I watched the game and I was very very wrong about Amherst, they got blown off the field. And it would have been even worse if the faceoffs weren't 50/50. Bowdoin defense looked mean, and the first-year pole probably should be considered for ROY. Beating both Wes and Tufts on the road is seemingly too tall a task for Bowdoin, so one of those complex scenarios will probably happen. With Wes as the #1 seed being the wildest yet in play. Can't wait for the tournament and hopefully 4 NCAA bids for the CAC again this year.
I think this week is going to determine the 3 bid v. 4 bid debate
And may continue to do so, if the parody we've had the last two seasons continues.

If your top 4 is Bowdoin, Tufts and some combination of Wesleyan / Amherst / Midd / Williams then were looking at the potential for 4.
Then the focus shifts to the 3 and 4 seed winning their home Quarterfinal games.
A loss to a 5 or 6 seed could jeopardize that... both losing creates a hot seat for someone.

If your top 4 includes Trinity, than Amherst and Midd have made things really complicated for selection Sunday.
And a 3 or 4 seed loss almost certainly tips the scale toward 3 bids.

Unless Trinity were to win out and win the NESCAC.
Thats quite an AQ to steal - you gotta take Bowdoin & Tufts... Wesleyan has a Tufts win (& could have a Bowdoin win)
Wouldn't that be something.

For those ready to jump at me - I think its HIGHLY unlikely that actually happens.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

SaltCounty wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am Good for Bowdoin - what a turnaround since the Endicott / Babson losses.
Those two must be feeling good that if they don't lock up the AQ, they're in a good spot on 5/5.

Bowdoin ending with Wesleyan / Tufts is unique given the scenarios for #1 seed

Bowdoin wins both - Undefeated Regular Season & #1 seed.
Bowdoin beats Wes / Tufts loses to Amherst - Bowdoin is #1 seed regardless over 2 loss Tufts / 3 loss Wesleyan (Tuesday results don't matter)
Bowdoin beats Wes / Tufts beat Amherst - they play for #1 seed Tuesday.
Bowdoin loses to Wes / Tufts beats Amherst - they play for #1 seed Tuesday

Bowdoin loses to Wes / Tufts loses to Amherst would make for a wild finish in Medford...
An 8W-1L Bowdoin loss at 7W-2L Tufts would make Wesleyan the #1 seed (pending a win over Conn)

After the past few weeks - who knows what will happen.
BTW... Trinity is in position to be as high as #3 ( :shock: ) if they can win the last three and get some help from a Wesleyan loss.

As someone who thought this was Middlebury's year... the excitement about others outweighs the disappointment of being wrong
Great synopsis, Salt County! Thank you… I just hope there’s not a quiz! Ha ha
dannyric

Post by dannyric »

Not to use this game to compare Tufts to Bowdoin as the Polar Bears are clearly a much improved team now, but any predictions for Tufts-Babson tonight?

I haven't seen Babson play this year. I feel like it could be a Tufts domination if they focus and bring their best game, or a very close game (even an L) if they are looking ahead to Amherst.
humpdaddy

Post by humpdaddy »

I have Babson over Tufts, 14-12. Beavers win a close one, stronger defense and better at the faceoff X. Rainville has 6 goals, Dannolfo cries, and all is right in this world. Go CAMELS!!
CoachDgoBos!

Post by CoachDgoBos! »

10 minutes until the first draw! The boys are dialed! I'm in blue and black Jordans that my lovely wife set out for me. Jared Rainville fled the 'CAC to get away from the beatings we gave him year in and year out, but what he didn't know is that there is no escape from the Brown and Blue. Too bad I recruited all the real ACK ballers and left the lowly Cape boys to Coach Batty. As always, go 'Bos!
Husky1

Post by Husky1 »

Does anybody know why Conn College vs USCG was postponed?
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

humpdaddy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm I have Babson over Tufts, 14-12. Beavers win a close one, stronger defense and better at the faceoff X. Rainville has 6 goals, Dannolfo cries, and all is right in this world. Go CAMELS!!
Almost had it right.
D'Annolfo's Jordans

Post by D'Annolfo's Jordans »

Congrats to Williams on winning the NEWMAC this year…
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 pm
humpdaddy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm I have Babson over Tufts, 14-12. Beavers win a close one, stronger defense and better at the faceoff X. Rainville has 6 goals, Dannolfo cries, and all is right in this world. Go CAMELS!!
Almost had it right.
Hmmmm, define “almost”!!! Lol!! Rainville a very nice player, 3&1, really talented kid. Babs goalie was excellent. Tufts was just too big, strong and athletic tonight for Babson. Jumbos starting to figure things out…. They’re still very young.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Almost had it right.
Hmmmm, define “almost”!!! Lol!! Rainville a very nice player, 3&1, really talented kid. Babs goalie was excellent. Tufts was just too big, strong and athletic tonight for Babson. Jumbos starting to figure things out…. They’re still very young.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

“Dannolfo cries”….really? I guess you really are a freakin hump humpdaddy!! Haha!!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 pm
Almost had it right.
It was sarcasm calaxdad. I'm a Tufts homer.
Nescac12001

Post by Nescac12001 »

Feel like people aren’t really noticing how dominant Bowdoin has been playing. They play some serious bully ball on defense. 2 mid week slip ups that certainly don’t look great, but I watched those games and they didn’t look like the team they’ve looked like in other games. Agreed with the previous takes on Jack Pyne deserving rookie of the year, he makes everyone else look like high schoolers out there, kid is a machine!
laxguy12389

Post by laxguy12389 »

Jumbos seem to be hitting their stride at the right time. We'll see if Amherst can bounce back after taking a beating Monday or else they may be in for another long day.

Agreed on Jack Pyne being the front runner for ROY. While statistically strong, but not blowing anyone away (20 GBs and 13CTs), it's his play that sets him apart as a lock down cover man who also handles the ball well. Paired with veterans Hoggard and Ryan, Bowdoin's close defense appears to be the real deal. We'll find out very quickly how real with the two best offenses in the conference in front of them in the next week.

When was the last time a defensive player (non-goalie) won ROY or POY?

On another note what's up with Conn having both the Coast Guard and Trinity games this week postponed?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Great question about Conn, that is very odd. Also good question about ROY/POY. 2 best defensemen of the last 25 years in NESCAC (in my opinion but not exactly a hot take) were Jed Raymond (3x First Team AA, 2x National Defense Player of the Year, 1999 National Player of the Year) and Spike Malangone 3x AA, National Defense Player of the Year). I’m pretty sure Spike was not NESCAC POY but Jed was. That however was 25 years ago, not sure about anyone since off the top of my head.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

On another note what's up with Conn having both the Coast Guard and Trinity games this week postponed?
Trin game was ppd due to storm in early April. Today was the only day they could squeeze it in, so it replaces a non-conference CGA game.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

sguy9 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:54 am
Trin game was ppd due to storm in early April. Today was the only day they could squeeze it in, so it replaces a non-conference CGA game.
Conn has a path to the 8 seed; and one in which they control / need no help from others.

They need to beat Trinity OR Wesleyan.
They get Trinity at home which I'm sure helps some.
Since Coach Nagle has arrived, they've matched up well against Wesleyan.
Not sure which one is more in reach for them.

They HAVE to beat Hamilton; with it being their final NESCAC game of the season.
Hamilton wins - they have 4 league wins and the field is set.
Conn wins (plus beats 1 of the 2) and their 3 wins gets the head-to-head tie breaker over Hamilton.
Good year to be on the right side of a long bus trip.

If that all unfolded - it would make this a "not how you start, how you finish" type season for a Conn everyone thought would perform better.

I just hope that the Quarterfinal rounds have more early-season rematches (IE. Trinity @ Bowdoin) than repeats from the final 7-10 days.
humpdaddy

Post by humpdaddy »

Almost had it right.
Unknown Participant, I have traced your IP address to the back corner of the Tufts athletic center near the visiting teams showers. We know who you are, its time to take the mask off, Casey.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”