NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ah23

Re: NESCAC

Post by ah23 »

The odds are definitely low for some teams, but I think it’s still too early in the season to call anyone AQ or bust outside of the bottom four. Way too many games left against the meat of the schedule, aka plenty of opportunities for teams to build (or torpedo) their resumes.
dannyric

Post by dannyric »

Tufts doing to Union exactly what they did to CNU. Tufts looks good but Union just can't handle the pressure, made worse by the rain and sloppy passing. Thought this one would be closer.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Tufts takes advantage of another mid week game with rain/cold conditions! Lynchburg, CNU, and now Union falls victim! It’s a Trap!
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Oaklax wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm Tufts takes advantage of another mid week game with rain/cold conditions! Lynchburg, CNU, and now Union falls victim! It’s a Trap!
Schenectady is rougher.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Well, Bowdoin is looking truly putrid out there.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

SixBySix wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:19 pm Well, Bowdoin is looking truly putrid out there.
:idea: Don’t say something snarky about what I called preseason, Don’t say something snarky about what I called preseason:idea:

Please note, I’m resisting the urge everyone.
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

solid win by trinity tonight in a tough season...
ah23

Post by ah23 »

SixBySix wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:19 pm Well, Bowdoin is looking truly putrid out there.
Pretty important game for seeing where each program shakes out right now. Babson still isn't taken seriously enough, and Bowdoin isn't close to making the leap a lot of people expected this season (preseason Inside Lacrosse #6, USILA #10).

The "Babson obviously isn't actually good because I'm not familiar with them" stuff from last season (edit: which is somehow still a thing this season!) continues to age like milk. They're legit. The goalie who took over the starting job (Fascilla) has been lights out, their offense is diverse (imagine if Price had stayed for a grad year), and they generally make life difficult for everyone. We'll see if that applies @Tufts on April 16 - hopefully will be a really good late season OOC matchup.
Last edited by ah23 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

dannyric wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:03 pm Tufts doing to Union exactly what they did to CNU. Tufts looks good but Union just can't handle the pressure, made worse by the rain and sloppy passing. Thought this one would be closer.
Ummm, sorry the weather had nothing to do with this outcome…. Was actually somewhat pleasant tonight at Bello Beach. This one was completely unexpected but, not whatsoever affected by weather.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Oaklax wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm Tufts takes advantage of another mid week game with rain/cold conditions! Lynchburg, CNU, and now Union falls victim! It’s a Trap!
Wrong wrong wrong…..conditions had nothing, let me repeat, nothing to do with the outcome of this contest.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:16 pm
Wrong wrong wrong…..conditions had nothing, let me repeat, nothing to do with the outcome of this contest.
I agree - Tufts has really improved its settled 6v6 on both sides the last few seasons.
They were better on both sides of the ball.
I think Union scored 7 seconds in... 29:53 without a 1st half goal in a Top 10 matchup is impressive

As for Bowdoin - they are in a tough spot.
I thought Endicott snuck by them off a few key plays.
Babson was all around better.

Is it time to start thinking that Hamilton could be that 3rd team come selection Sunday ???
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

ah23 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 pm
Pretty important game for seeing where each program shakes out right now. Babson still isn't taken seriously enough, and Bowdoin isn't close to making the leap a lot of people expected this season (preseason Inside Lacrosse #6, USILA #10).

The "Babson obviously isn't actually good because I'm not familiar with them" stuff from last season (edit: which is somehow still a thing this season!) continues to age like milk. They're legit. The goalie who took over the starting job (Fascilla) has been lights out, their offense is diverse (imagine if Price had stayed for a grad year), and they generally make life difficult for everyone. We'll see if that applies @Tufts on April 16 - hopefully will be a really good late season OOC matchup.
Attachments
thank-you.gif
thank-you.gif (145.47 KiB) Viewed 643 times
TucoBPJMRamirez

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

ah23 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 pm The "Babson obviously isn't actually good because I'm not familiar with them" stuff from last season (edit: which is somehow still a thing this season!) continues to age like milk. They're legit.
Turns out, having ~23 seniors/grad students on the roster can be quite beneficial. Here's hoping that Uncle Rocky keeps the train rolling once all the extra eligibility runs out.
Nescac12001

Post by Nescac12001 »

Bowdoin got man handled by the Babson defense. The Bowdoin defense actually played about as well as they could have with all the possessions Babson had. If it’s any consolation, Bowdoin had a brutal storm over the weekend and lost power and hadn’t practiced since last Friday. I’m thinking no field prep for this mid week trap game did not help them, not saying they would’ve won, but likely would’ve been a closer contest had they been able to prepare since Friday
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

Nescac12001 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:13 am Bowdoin got man handled by the Babson defense. The Bowdoin defense actually played about as well as they could have with all the possessions Babson had. If it’s any consolation, Bowdoin had a brutal storm over the weekend and lost power and hadn’t practiced since last Friday. I’m thinking no field prep for this mid week trap game did not help them, not saying they would’ve won, but likely would’ve been a closer contest had they been able to prepare since Friday
OMG just looked at the box score. Seems like coach is not getting team up for big games or they aren’t taking OOC teams seriously enough. It does seem clear that Babson is simply a better team, storms in Maine or not.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Do we agree now that Tufts has reloaded and there has not been really a hiccup from last year. You might call RIT a hiccup but I think that those two teams can beat each other on any given day. Compared to how they played against RIT vs CNU/Union, it was night and day. I think if Tufts plays there A game, they could easily beat RIT. Regenery looks to be the real deal and we are starting to see Freshman getting a lot more playing time. Emsing and Beyers looks like they are the next two impactful players. Lots to be excited about especially since their are a lot Sophmores getting a substantial amount of playing time.
EasternShoreLaxGuy

Post by EasternShoreLaxGuy »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:19 am Do we agree now that Tufts has reloaded and there has not been really a hiccup from last year. You might call RIT a hiccup but I think that those two teams can beat each other on any given day. Compared to how they played against RIT vs CNU/Union, it was night and day. I think if Tufts plays there A game, they could easily beat RIT. Regenery looks to be the real deal and we are starting to see Freshman getting a lot more playing time. Emsing and Beyers looks like they are the next two impactful players. Lots to be excited about especially since their are a lot Sophmores getting a substantial amount of playing time.
I think Tufts thrives when they are the bigger faster team (as most teams do). The problem is that they don't get away with their run and gun game when teams can keep up with them (Specifically the other teams mids). CNU and Union don't have the athletes that SU and RIT have which allows Tufts to get up and down the field at a high rate of speed uncontested. Whereas when you have pressure at that rate of speed, they turn the ball over and look UGLY. Which leads you to say that they weren't on their "A" game. I will say they look like they have reloaded well. But they don't play many tight games due to this reason IMO
dannyric

Post by dannyric »

I agree with that. The players on Salisbury and RIT can handle the pressure of the Tufts ride and get the ball into the attacking third quickly. Their skill and vision helped them pick apart the backside of the Tufts defense. That was the story in the first quarter of the RIT game this year and championship last year. Tufts didn't adjust at all and went down 4-5 goals, which is too much to come back from against elite teams.

Union and CNU turned the ball over due to the pressure and Tufts jumped down their throats. Not sure the Jumbos will face another big challenge until the semifinals, unless they encounter RPI or RIT in the quarters.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Is it me, or does Bello field have a lot of guys slipping, not Jumbos players as much as opponents? Saw this in NESCAC semis last year too. I think the middle of the field might need more rubber.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Whether they make the semis or not, this is a very young team with the pieces to make another run over the next couple of years. With so many new faces on the offensive end, I expect (and hope) the team will to continue to gel as the season goes on. Feels like the north bracket could be pretty wide open this year with the rise of RPI and the apparent drop off in the NESCAC.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”