NAIA Scholarships

NAIA Mens Lacrosse
DQKing

NAIA Scholarships

Post by DQKing »

Curious if anyone can tell me about lacrosse scholarships in NAIA? Anyone know the total limit per institution for lacrosse? That being said, are their schools maxing out on that number?
LaxManiax

Re: NAIA Scholarships

Post by LaxManiax »

Most NAIA doesn't have allotments of scholarships or money on hand. Many of the schools are given an average to work off of. Example most schools are allowed to give an average of 5-7k per athlete as an athletic scholarship. However, if you have a student who has a high academic scholarship then that athletic will be lower. Its a huge money game for NAIA schools. They all work off a certain discount per student and rarely will a student athlete get a full ride. It happens but its rare. Its a numbers game for these schools. Most of them are struggling and are lowering their discounts %s to get students in. Coaches that I know who coached in the NAIA and left for the NCAA say its a ticking time bomb for the NAIA to blow up. If your kids looking at an NAIA school I would make sure its one of the handful of legit ones, and I do mean there are only a handful of legit ones.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

LaxManiax wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:52 am If your kids looking at an NAIA school I would make sure its one of the handful of legit ones, and I do mean there are only a handful of legit ones.
No skin in the game for me or my kids just trying to understand more about the NAIA. Curious what you would call the legit ones?
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Most NAIA schools give money but you still pay a lot. I feel like they have a high tuition just so they can discount it. I seen sports programs close at schools because the kids quit paying the fees. Academic scholarships are what helps these schools.

Return to “NAIA MENS LACROSSE”