Tweak the College Rules

D1 Mens Lacrosse
xxxxxxx

Re: Tweak the College Rules

Post by xxxxxxx »

Actually I didn't sorry, I appreciate your feedback. This could end the dive as it will be virtually impossible to dive into the crease without touching the line. As info I din't see one dive attempt at the Delaware UMBC Scrimmage on Saturday.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

I am sure this has been asked before but does a dive have to end with your body hitting the crease? What if you leap (assuming you take off from the proscribed legal launch point) and land on your feet but outside of the cone line?
DMac

Post by DMac »

That's a goal, it doesn't matter how you land, it matters where you land.
As mentioned before, it's a pretty easy fix, IMO, if you want to keep the dive in the game. Make GLE a physical line 3-5 yds long on each side of the crease rather than an imaginary line. Go airborne from behind the line (no way you're heading toward the mouth of the goal from there) and you're good. It's a goal if it goes in before you land, and in the crease if it doesn't. Seems pretty simple to me.

Pretty sure there were no dive attempts in the Cuse-Denver scrimmage either.
palaxoff

Post by palaxoff »

Anyone have an opinion on modification to rules this fall now that Fall Ball is in full swing?
calourie

Post by calourie »

Couple of observations. Watched a good deal of lax today, and saw 4 instances where the dive and landing modifications ("goalie box") came into play and all looked to be called quickly and correctly. Big thumbs up on that one.

The other observation is that with 11 games completed today, the lowest point total for any was 17 (Providence-BU) with the next lowest being 21 between Marquette and Cleveland State. Looks like the shot clock is having having a greater effect this year than last, and it also appears that it will render old scoring records obsolete in the very near future.
CarolinaLax Dad

Post by CarolinaLax Dad »

Having played and taking face offs prior to the modern day - I would say that the new era of face offs is a progression of the game. I like it better. I still play and take face offs. Its different but the game and athletes that play are better too. How many posters have actually taken a face off ? During the scrum - or grind the ball isn't really all the way anyone's stick. The rule change " not allowing carrying in the back of the stick" changed the dynamics. The "optics" from the stands and sidelines look as if the ball stays in while the player is taking multiple steps. It's not- go take some live face offs. And eliminating the moto grip won't stop the best guys like TD or the Tessler kid or mine. Move the wings in 5 yards closer - that makes it more exciting

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”