Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
suffolk

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by suffolk »

Hailey Rhatigan is an enormous pickup for Northwestern.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Lauren Figura to UNC is a nice pickup as well
UO22

Post by UO22 »

Pope wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:16 pm Sophie Student VTech to UNC SR mid
Heard she leaning to BC.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

How good is the source. Was UNC a rumor or was it officially announced?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

IL confirmed that Student is headed to UNC. her IG bio says UNC as well. and I think she's going into her Junior year with a covid year so 3 years of elegibility remaining
Mrs@inthe8m

Post by Mrs@inthe8m »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:52 pm IL confirmed that Student is headed to UNC. her IG bio says UNC as well. and I think she's going into her Junior year with a covid year so 3 years of elegibility remaining
Believe she has two years remaining, no Covid year for 2020 high school grads.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Anyone know where Madison Doucette ended up?

(And I know there are many reasons and many unique situations that impact moving on for a 5th year, but transferring from a successful program where you have made a significant contribution always gives me pause. My own daughter, who took a fifth year after her AD told the team the 2020s they were not wanted back, would have run through a wall to wear her undergrad jersey just one more time).
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Posted on the Cuse thread too

Abigail Lagos UIndy -> Cuse

Nothing officially has been announced that I know of, but it’s on her Instagram
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:50 am Posted on the Cuse thread too

Yep. Will be interesting to see how she does. Wish the kid luck.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:32 am Anyone know where Madison Doucette ended up?

(And I know there are many reasons and many unique situations that impact moving on for a 5th year, but transferring from a successful program where you have made a significant contribution always gives me pause. My own daughter, who took a fifth year after her AD told the team the 2020s they were not wanted back, would have run through a wall to wear her undergrad jersey just one more time).
Not sure if people realize that very last minute just prior to the transfer portal deadline Doucette was told by her coach that there was not à place for her as a 5th year player. She was blindside by the news. I know this to be true and was shocked to hear it. She is a fierce competitor, great teammate and is very coachable. Will be curious to see where she lands
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Lax101 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:25 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:32 am Anyone know where Madison Doucette ended up?

Not sure if people realize that very last minute just prior to the transfer portal deadline Doucette was told by her coach that there was not à place for her as a 5th year player. She was blindside by the news. I know this to be true and was shocked to hear it. She is a fierce competitor, great teammate and is very coachable. Will be curious to see where she lands
Wow. Seriously? That kid gave a lot to that program. If there was not a place for her, the least KAH could have done was help her move on. Wish her luck in landing in a place where she is valued.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Bart wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:55 am

I'm very curious as well. This will be her 7th year, not sure if anyone has every done that before! Looks like she had a redshirt, a medical redshirt, and a COVID year in addition to the 4 years.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:49 pm

I'm very curious as well. This will be her 7th year, not sure if anyone has every done that before! Looks like she had a redshirt, a medical redshirt, and a COVID year in addition to the 4 years.
wow! thats insane. also you really gotta love school to stick around for that long
Bart

Post by Bart »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:49 pm

Yep. This is the case. I hope she does well. Will be interesting to see.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Sorta flew under the radar, but another really interesting transfer is Jolie Creo who transferred from Holy Cross to Stony Brook. She was arguably one of the best attackers in the patriot league over the past 4 years. I believe she was granted 2 years since HC canceled its last couple of games of the 2021 season.
lax410

Post by lax410 »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:33 pm Sorta flew under the radar, but another really interesting transfer is Jolie Creo who transferred from Holy Cross to Stony Brook. She was arguably one of the best attackers in the patriot league over the past 4 years. I believe she was granted 2 years since HC canceled its last couple of games of the 2021 season.
That is interesting. HC is another program that’s really underachieved.
washedup

Post by washedup »

Two more transfers on UVA’s roster that I haven’t seen named yet— Darby Welsh from MD (grad) and Taylor Mullen from MD (grad)
jff97

Post by jff97 »

washedup wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:32 pm Two more transfers on UVA’s roster that I haven’t seen named yet— Darby Welsh from MD (grad) and Taylor Mullen from MD (grad)
Welsh was reported a while back. Looks like Mullen transferred from Vermont but went to school in MD.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”