B1G 10 Conference Championship - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: B1G 10 Conference Championship - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Give Hop credit. They're doing more than still fighting. 8-6 w 8:20 left in 2nd.
OuttaNowhereWregget

9-7 NU at the half. Interesting 2nd quarter. Hop showed a ton of fight.
OuttaNowhereWregget

All tied at 9. Big time credit to Hop. They ain't goin nowhere. This is a real blood and guts fight to the death now.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Even though the Wildcats have taken the lead back 12-10, Hop is playing their hearts out. Highly commendable effort. TO with 6:28 left in the 4th.
OuttaNowhereWregget

This Hop team has a boatload of scrap. 13–12 Wildcats with 2:45 left in the fourth.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

As much as I love cheering for Northwestern, I was a Bluejay before I was a Wildcat. I think it’s great how well Hopkins has been playing in this tournament. The competition in the B1G is just going to get better with all these teams with coaches with NU ties.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

ultravisitor wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:20 pm As much as I love cheering for Northwestern, I was a Bluejay before I was a Wildcat. I think it’s great how well Hopkins has been playing in this tournament. The competition in the B1G is just going to get better with all these teams with coaches with NU ties.
Goalie play fro JHU really helping the blue jays this year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lot of cracks in the foundation seen in the Wildcats today. The Hop defense made Scane look almost pedestrian. I'm not so sure they win it all this year. Some of the coaching decisions were puzzling, like who they chose to take possession of the ball coming out of their last timeout. Not nearly the most sure handed or confident ball carrier on the team. Sure enough, Hop caused the turnover and had a shot at the end.

Got to give it to Hopkins though. They played their guts out. With everything they had going against them they made this a struggle to the death. Their confidence should receive a huge boost after this one. They have all the tools to make some real noise in The Tournament.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm Lot of cracks in the foundation seen in the Wildcats today. The Hop defense made Scane look almost pedestrian. I'm not so sure they win it all this year. Some of the coaching decisions were puzzling, like who they chose to take possession of the ball coming out of their last timeout. Not nearly the most sure handed or confident ball carrier on the team. Sure enough, Hop caused the turnover and had a shot at the end.
That was Emerson Bohlig, right? I'm guessing she had possession because I believe she's actually the speediest on the team.
OuttaNowhereWregget

ultravisitor wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:30 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm Lot of cracks in the foundation seen in the Wildcats today. The Hop defense made Scane look almost pedestrian. I'm not so sure they win it all this year. Some of the coaching decisions were puzzling, like who they chose to take possession of the ball coming out of their last timeout. Not nearly the most sure handed or confident ball carrier on the team. Sure enough, Hop caused the turnover and had a shot at the end.
That was Emerson Bohlig, right? I'm guessing she had possession because I believe she's actually the speediest on the team.
Agreed. She does run like the wind. I thought that was the plan too, that she would fly when the whistle blew, but she failed to hold possession, which I lay more at the feet of the coaching staff that made the decision to task her with something that is clearly not where her strengths lie. The coaching staff should know that by now.

But, all's well that ends well. They scratched out the win. It remains to be seen whether this game will prove the catalyst for the final drive the way the scare vs Michigan was in the 2nd round of last season's NCAA's.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Well, Northwestern will get a shot at redemption vs Penn State Saturday. One of only two teams they lost to this season. I'd love to see them put it all together and wipe the field with them, and then do the same thing to Notre Dame in the quarters if the draw works out that way.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Not saying Izzy doesn’t deserve it, but I’m curious how you can be named Big 10 attacker of the year when you don’t even lead your team in points.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

user1020 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:50 am Not saying Izzy doesn’t deserve it, but I’m curious how you can be named Big 10 attacker of the year when you don’t even lead your team in points.
Not saying she doesn't deserve it but how can Maddy Burns be Big Ten defender of the year when she wasn't Big Ten defender of the week a single time all season and there's another defender that won the award 3 times and is first in the Big Ten in both CT/game and GB/game?
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

user1020 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:50 am Not saying Izzy doesn’t deserve it, but I’m curious how you can be named Big 10 attacker of the year when you don’t even lead your team in points.
Izzy Scane leads her team in goals.

I think what also needs to be considered is whether Madison Taylor's numbers would be as high as they are if defenses weren't working so hard to contain Izzy Scane.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Because she is the best attacker, which isn't a statistical award, just like many other awards in many sports. She is clearly the best attacker on the field and draws all of the attention.
hmmm wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:04 am Not saying she doesn't deserve it but how can Maddy Burns be Big Ten defender of the year when she wasn't Big Ten defender of the week a single time all season and there's another defender that won the award 3 times and is first in the Big Ten in both CT/game and GB/game?
Because Maddy Burns is the best defender and gives opponent a really tough match up. Jordan Carr's numbers are friendly due to the zone that hop plays but like above, stats alone do not tell the story. Eye test (coaches vote on this award) and ability to defend is recipe here.
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

ultravisitor wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:06 am
Izzy Scane leads her team in goals.

I think what also needs to be considered is whether Madison Taylor's numbers would be as high as they are if defenses weren't working so hard to contain Izzy Scane.
edited

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”