ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Brownlax

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by Brownlax »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 pm Will throw my thought in on the KT weight loss. Notice an engagement ring on her that I've never noticed before...advertising it. Wedding coming up soon? Sure is typical of a woman to want to lose weight for her wedding day. Just a guess.
In todays day and age it’s a little strange to be talking about a head coach’s weight and looks.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

tothedraw wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm Interesting commentary about playing time and getting starters out- for SU. Going to be 80 in Cary Sunday. ND and BC are not used to playing in heat, let alone warmth.
If by interesting commentary you mean, WHY IN THE F DID TREANOR LEAVES HER STARTERS IN UNTIL ONLY MINUTES LEFT IN THE BLOW OUT???

This just shows her lack of depth to handle HC duties.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

caged21 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm I know people were hopeful for Syracuse after their game against Virginia, but I don't think playing against Virginia's youth and level of post-season experience can really compare to playing BC.
If anyone sees the ACC All Tourney team please post! Thx!
More than surprised by this ACC All Tournament list. Here we go again. Clark, Bell Smith- WHAT??? Did the decision makers tune into the games? The semifinal and championship games? Martello, Lopinto and Davis clear and obvious snubs. It's one thing when the Inside Lacrosse and US Lacrosse magazine people choose the all stars, they obviously don't watch the games but the ACC for the tournament??????? Wow. These lists mean nothing anymore.
Well said. It's the reason I stopped paying them--any of them--any mind.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm I know people were hopeful for Syracuse after their game against Virginia, but I don't think playing against Virginia's youth and level of post-season experience can really compare to playing BC.
More than surprised by this ACC All Tournament list. Here we go again. Clark, Bell Smith- WHAT??? Did the decision makers tune into the games? The semifinal and championship games? Martello, Lopinto and Davis clear and obvious snubs. It's one thing when the Inside Lacrosse and US Lacrosse magazine people choose the all stars, they obviously don't watch the games but the ACC for the tournament??????? Wow. These lists mean nothing anymore.
Where did you see the all tournament team? The All ACC regular season teams were announced on the 23rd. Is that what you’re looking at?
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

intheknow247 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:54 pm
tothedraw wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm Interesting commentary about playing time and getting starters out- for SU. Going to be 80 in Cary Sunday. ND and BC are not used to playing in heat, let alone warmth.
If by interesting commentary you mean, WHY IN THE F DID TREANOR LEAVES HER STARTERS IN UNTIL ONLY MINUTES LEFT IN THE BLOW OUT???

That's one way of putting it, lol. How much of her bench does she use in general? Without crunching numbers I would say AWW regularly uses more players. I could easily be very wrong
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm
Where did you see the all tournament team? The All ACC regular season teams were announced on the 23rd. Is that what you’re looking at?
Wow, just found it. That’s a head scratcher.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm Where did you see the all tournament team? The All ACC regular season teams were announced on the 23rd. Is that what you’re looking at?
2024 ACC All-Tournament Team
Sydney Scales, Boston College (MVP)
Rachel Clark, Boston College
Shea Dolce, Boston College
Belle Smith, Boston College
Cassidy Weeks, Boston College
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Olivia Dooley, Notre Dame
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

https://theacc.com/news/2024/4/28/bosto ... nship.aspx

Maybe I am mixing this up with some other "all" this or that team, but I've heard of such teams being comprised of a certain number of players from the winner, a certain no. for the finalist, and a certain no. from each semifinalist. I thought the coach picked the players from her/his team. If that is the process here, then AWW picked the players from BC who made the all tourney team.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm
On Twitter I follow @TheACC and they posted the ACC All Tourney List and MVP
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:22 pm
Justalaxdad wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm Where did you see the all tournament team? The All ACC regular season teams were announced on the 23rd. Is that what you’re looking at?
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

Maybe I am mixing this up with some other "all" this or that team, but I've heard of such teams being comprised of a certain number of players from the winner, a certain no. for the finalist, and a certain no. from each semifinalist. I thought the coach picked the players from her/his team. If that is the process here, then AWW picked the players from BC who made the all tourney team.
I believe the ACC commitee makes - chooses the list
OuttaNowhereWregget

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:47 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm I don't know who mentioned it earlier but it was a good observation. Kayla Treanor doesn't look well. Noticeably thinner.
You are almost 70 years old, I assume, and sitting in your home commenting on women’s bodies for what? You are the grumpiest, nastiest, and MOST ANNOYING person on this thread. You are an attention seeker and get off by throwing big words around, belittling anyone who has a differing opinion, and posting unfunny gifs from your favorite 1950s movie. You seriously need to reevaluate your life because why on earth is it your daily goal to argue with people about WOMENS LACROSSE? I genuinely don’t understand what compels someone to make a comment about a person’s body on a forum discussing a sport? You post to get a reaction and get offended when people call you out.
I have to admit--I got a good couple o' chuckles reading your amusing diatribe.

I'll graciously help you with the main aspect of your ignorant and misinformed scolding.

Quoted below you'll note the who I alluded to in my initial comment:
thedisciple516 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 am Is Syracuse the favorite to win it all after this performance? UVA is no joke and has some very impressive wins this year (ND, BC, JMU).. this was definately Syracuse's best performance of the season. Peaking at the right time? Head coach of SU looking really skinny too hope all is well with the K-Train
It was then commented on by DMac before I weighed in with the comment you see displayed up top. After my comment, the observation initially made by thedisciple516 has since been commented on by other posters, as well.

So--next time you have an episode of verbal diarrhea on a public forum, you might want to do a little reading first (Looking at you too, njbill and Justalaxdad) to help get your facts straight before you start making lazy, knee-jerk, holier-than-thou reprimands. Capische?

Auf wiedersehen.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

No it’s a simple formula ,semi losers get 2, etc. The head coaches pick who makes it from their team. It’s an easy way to see who the coaches pets are. There are offensive players on the list who had more turnovers than points. Honestly the entire list is a head scratcher except the MVP who deserved it .
njbill

Post by njbill »

For starters, ONW, you are a fraud. You claim you don’t read my posts, yet you repeatedly comment on them.

Now to the issue at hand. Well, ol’ bean, you really stepped in it this time. Violated your own precept of “read first, post second.”

Here is the initial post you claim to have been referring to:
thedisciple516 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 am Is Syracuse the favorite to win it all after this performance? UVA is no joke and has some very impressive wins this year (ND, BC, JMU).. this was definately Syracuse's best performance of the season. Peaking at the right time? Head coach of SU looking really skinny too hope all is well with the K-Train
Here is your post:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm I don't know who mentioned it earlier but it was a good observation. Kayla Treanor doesn't look well. Noticeably thinner.
516 says KT looks skinny and hopes all is well. She/he did not say she didn't look well. You, on the other hand, said she “doesn’t look well.” 516 did not comment negatively on her appearance. You did. 516 hoped all was well with KT. You expressed no such sentiment. Now, do you see the difference? Does that sink in “at this address”?

But there is a larger issue. We aren't writing on a blank slate here. You are a convicted felon. A recidivist. A while back you posted pictures of female athletes and criticized their appearances. It caused a firestorm on this board. Remember, ol’ bean? It resulted in admin suspending you, sending you to the sin bin. Surely you remember that. You then took your little keyboard and went home. You stopped posting here for six months. I’m sure I’m not the only poster who hoped you were gone for good.

Furthermore, you are a repeat offender with regard to Treanor as has been laid out clearly in recent days on this board. You don’t like her and gleefully level (unfair and inaccurate) criticism of her. And now you comment negatively on her appearance. It’s part of an all too familiar pattern with you.

While we are “picking up the pieces,” there’s more in your history of making disparaging comments about women. Remember that thread you started under your own name? You know, the one that was initially entitled “Thots, ponderings, and such.” On a women’s board, you named a thread “Thots.” I imagine you thought you were being clever. In fact, you were being insulting and vulgar.

And then a few days ago you post a video rubbing salt into the wounds of the Syracuse player who missed a shot in OT. This despite the fact that this poor girl had lost her father shortly before hand. You remember what Joe Welch said? Applies here.

And you wonder why you are considered to be the scourge of this board.
caged21

Post by caged21 »

ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 pm
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

No it’s a simple formula ,semi losers get 2, etc. The head coaches pick who makes it from their team. It’s an easy way to see who the coaches pets are. There are offensive players on the list who had more turnovers than points. Honestly the entire list is a head scratcher except the MVP who deserved it .
Is it true that the head coach chooses the players for the list? Surprising but at least it explains the list.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

caged21 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 pm
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

Is it true that the head coach chooses the players for the list? Surprising but at least it explains the list.

Looking into it further:
"the All-Tournament Team is determined by the coaches. The two semifinal teams each get two representatives, the runner-up gets three and the champion gets five, including the MVP. Each team's coaching staff picks their team's reps for the All-Tourney Team."

from ANDY FLEDDERJOHANN
Assistant Commissioner - Communication
The ACC
caged21

Post by caged21 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 pm
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

Looking into it further:
"the All-Tournament Team is determined by the coaches. The two semifinal teams each get two representatives, the runner-up gets three and the champion gets five, including the MVP. Each team's coaching staff picks their team's reps for the All-Tourney Team."

from ANDY FLEDDERJOHANN
The ACC
Wow. Thanks for the clarification.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

caged21 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

Looking into it further:

from ANDY FLEDDERJOHANN
The ACC
Honestly it’s a terrible idea especially that it is widely known the coaches get to choose who from their team get the awards. This years list tells me most of these coaches are clueless or don’t care that the rest of their players know they have pets .
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

Looking into it further:

from ANDY FLEDDERJOHANN
The ACC
Honestly it’s a terrible idea especially that it is widely known the coaches get to choose who from their team get the awards. This years list tells me most of these coaches are clueless or don’t care that the rest of their players know they have pets .
Curious to see who you put on the list? I would definitely switch out a couple but I don't think the list is bad or unfair.

Midfield and D won the Cuse and ND games for BC and both Smith and Weeks are are two way middies who played really well throughout the tournament.

I would put Martello instead of Clark and maybe also switch out Ward for Adamson, but apart from that happy to leave as is.
OuttaNowhereWregget

If by interesting commentary you mean, WHY IN THE F DID TREANOR LEAVE HER STARTERS IN UNTIL ONLY MINUTES LEFT IN THE BLOW OUT???

Well, well--someone else questions Treanor's head coaching ability--will wonders never cease...
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm
Katie Goodale, Syracuse
Kate Mashewske, Syracuse
Emma Ward, Syracuse
Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
Kate Galica, Virginia
Morgan Schwab, Virginia

Looking into it further:

from ANDY FLEDDERJOHANN
The ACC
On balance though, it’s only the same as any other week of season. Coaches are the ones nominating their players for their weekly conference accolades - so I guess this is just a continuation of the same approach.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 am
If by interesting commentary you mean, WHY IN THE F DID TREANOR LEAVE HER STARTERS IN UNTIL ONLY MINUTES LEFT IN THE BLOW OUT???

Well, well--someone else questions Treanor's head coaching ability--will wonders never cease...
So you agree with this criticism of KT because she left starters in a blowout game to keep scoring but are perfectly fine with it when it's one of your adopted teams? Just making sure I'm keeping up.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”