D1 Womens Lacrosse
cltlax

Re: Unbeleeble!

Post by cltlax »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:20 am
Brownlax wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:01 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:52 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:47 am Someone should tell Sheehan, maybe a close friend, but the sheer number of times she says, "unbelievable" (or most times actually pronounces the word with only four syllables "unbeleeble") during a broadcast is getting to be stupefying, brain-numbing. As I've said previously, if folks were involved in a drinking game where you had to take a sip everytime Sheehan said, "unbeleeble" folks would be hammered out of their minds--probably passed out by halftime. It's getting bad...

Okay, ENOUGH! I am not going to let you badmouth Sheehan Stanwick without responding. I have known her since she was a sophomore in HS. Great Lacrosse player(National HOF '21) and an even better person.
I have never heard her say "unbeleeble". Why do you have to be such a putz to someone that is universally liked and respected?
What?...not enough BC drooling for you? Do not mess with Sheehan! Keep it movin ONW!
She says' "Unbelievable" too much, Larry. She says the word so often it has become insufferable. Most times she pronounces the word with four syllables, not five so it comes out, "Unbeleeble". The content of SSB's character is sterling, but she keeps repeating this one word to the point where it is now a parody. "Unbeleeble" "Unbeleeble" Ugh! I'll take Rachael DeCecco doing color over SSB any day, every day. If SSB cleans up the element of redundancy in her commentary, I'll go back to having no problem with her sharing the broadcast booth. Until then--I can't take one more unbeleeble minute.
ONW I think you may be in the minority here. Sheehan is one of the absolute best.
Sheehan is such a great ambassador for the game. Of all people to complain about in wlax this seems like an odd choice.
She is consistently viewed as the best commentator in women's lacrosse. I love watching games that she is calling.

Maybe a certain someone would prefer an obnoxious sports radio jock who would make a bunch of 'choke' comments.
lax410

Post by lax410 »

cltlax wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:27 am
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:20 am
Brownlax wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:01 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:52 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:47 am Someone should tell Sheehan, maybe a close friend, but the sheer number of times she says, "unbelievable" (or most times actually pronounces the word with only four syllables "unbeleeble") during a broadcast is getting to be stupefying, brain-numbing. As I've said previously, if folks were involved in a drinking game where you had to take a sip everytime Sheehan said, "unbeleeble" folks would be hammered out of their minds--probably passed out by halftime. It's getting bad...

Okay, ENOUGH! I am not going to let you badmouth Sheehan Stanwick without responding. I have known her since she was a sophomore in HS. Great Lacrosse player(National HOF '21) and an even better person.
I have never heard her say "unbeleeble". Why do you have to be such a putz to someone that is universally liked and respected?
What?...not enough BC drooling for you? Do not mess with Sheehan! Keep it movin ONW!
She says' "Unbelievable" too much, Larry. She says the word so often it has become insufferable. Most times she pronounces the word with four syllables, not five so it comes out, "Unbeleeble". The content of SSB's character is sterling, but she keeps repeating this one word to the point where it is now a parody. "Unbeleeble" "Unbeleeble" Ugh! I'll take Rachael DeCecco doing color over SSB any day, every day. If SSB cleans up the element of redundancy in her commentary, I'll go back to having no problem with her sharing the broadcast booth. Until then--I can't take one more unbeleeble minute.
ONW I think you may be in the minority here. Sheehan is one of the absolute best.
Sheehan is such a great ambassador for the game. Of all people to complain about in wlax this seems like an odd choice.
She is consistently viewed as the best commentator in women's lacrosse. I love watching games that she is calling.

Maybe a certain someone would prefer an obnoxious sports radio jock who would make a bunch of 'choke' comments.
Agreed. So petty to complain about the overuse of one word. She’s so far above the other choices.

I recall that one of the men she called the 2019 championship game with kept talking about and promoting the club team he coached. It was embarrassingly bad.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

lax410 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:13 am
I recall that one of the men she called the 2019 championship game with kept talking about and promoting the club team he coached. It was embarrassingly bad.
Stugotz. He's unbearable. Hope he never calls another game. But the sports radio fan probably loves him.
@inthe8m

Stugotz is a dick!

Post by @inthe8m »

cltlax wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:34 am
Stugotz. He's unbearable. Hope he never calls another game. But the sports radio fan probably loves him.
It is not a coincidence that his last name is Weiner, because he is a giant dick.
Last edited by @inthe8m on Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: WLax Broadcasts and Publications: Comments/Reviews

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

You guys are going to make me go to the game film...

I like 99.9% of SSB as a commentator. I just get tired of hearing the same word over and over and over—and mispronounced most of the time to boot!
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:37 am You guys are going to make me go to the game film...

I like 99.9% of SSB as a commentator. I just get tired of hearing the same word over and over and over—and mispronounced most of the time to boot!
There is some incredible irony in this post.

Here's to Sheehan and her Bawlmore accent.....and knowledge and poise.
OuttaNowhereWregget

If I was her producer I would say, “Sheehan, sweetheart, you know we love you but can you please find another word besides ‘unbelievable’ to describe great plays? You’re killing us up in here.”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Just ridiculous. This is like complaining about the Oxford educated, stunning, and utterly pleasant, Alice Eve's birthmark on her asz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QULPnDDYcbI
lax410

Post by lax410 »

Terrible. I sent in a complaint which I’ve never done before and which I’m sure was promptly ignored. But it really bothered me.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

lax410 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:04 pm
Terrible. I sent in a complaint which I’ve never done before and which I’m sure was promptly ignored. But it really bothered me.
He was universally panned on social media after he was on one of the semi-final games and then he was never heard from again on ESPN wlax coverage.

But, he is often part of the NW announcing team for their home games if you want to listen to an insufferable human who goes on and on about Lauren Gilbert being the best player to every play lacrosse and how KAH is the greatest coach in the history of sports. His daughter is a 2022 who signed with NW, so he may be a bit of a homer. :lol:
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
8meterPA

Re: Stugotz is a dick!

Post by 8meterPA »

@inthe8m wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:36 am
It is not a coincidence that his last name is Weiner, because he is a giant dick.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Team USA vs AU players

In case anyone is interested in the scrimmage tonight, it will be streamed:

https://twitter.com/usawlax/status/1534 ... 16993?s=21
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

He was absolutely Satan awful. I kept sending Sheehan FB messages, during the game, to get him out of there. She was nice as usual and said it wasn't her call to make. The woman could work next to anyone.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Team USA vs AU players

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:11 pm In case anyone is interested in the scrimmage tonight, it will be streamed:

Here's the stream:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings

click on link to right

Quality looks decent so far, just have to hope the body they have on the camera knows what they're doing.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Team USA vs AU players

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:32 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:11 pm In case anyone is interested in the scrimmage tonight, it will be streamed:

Here's the stream:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings
Rosters for Team USA and Athletes Unlimited

https://www.usalacrosse.com/sites/defau ... %20(1).pdf
OuttaNowhereWregget

Team USA roster

OuttaNowhereWregget

Athletes Unlimited roster

OuttaNowhereWregget

IL Women's Calendar - How reliable is it?

In combing through upcoming games, I noticed a discrepancy:

IL Women has the Virginia Tech at Mercer game listed for Sunday Feb 18th when both schools list Saturday Feb 17th as gameday.

(Those dagnabbit untrained, unsupervised, unmonitored interns are at it again. I wonder how many other screw ups exist on the calendar?)

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/wdi/calendar/2024

https://mercerbears.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/schedule

https://hokiesports.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/schedule
OuttaNowhereWregget

Big Ten Women's Lacrosse Broadcasts: Comments/Reviews

A couple of observations from two recent Big Ten Network broadcasts. Penn at Maryland with Mark Dixon on play-by-play and Taylor Cummings on color commentary. Then Penn State at Ohio State with Dean "Giggles" Linke on play-by-play and Caley "I'm just doing this for a little extra spending money" Chelios on color commentary.

All four broadcasters are proficient enough at their jobs. No major complaints--but I do have a few bones to pick.

One bone is know what the frick you're talking about. One would think that former players Cummings (Maryland '17) and Chelios (Northwestern '16) would know what they're talking about when it comes to lacrosse, but both of them put their foot in it during their recent broadcasts. Cummings (along with Dixon) botched the explanation of the 2024 edition of Green Cards in the sport. Cummings erroneously told viewers that last year the rule between the 30's was 3 fouls then a yellow card. Wrong. Anyone paying attention knows it was 3 team fouls between the 30's then a green card for a kind of delay of game trip to the penalty chair.

Chelios began her comments about what turned out to be the game winner with "What a rivalry." With Ohio State and Penn State? In women's lacrosse? Okay--we know that's not true. How about Ohio State with anyone in women's lacrosse...? Nope. Ohio State hasn't been in D1 women's lacrosse long enough, nor have they been good enough, to form any What-a-Rivalry's. But I get it--Chelios hails from today's Industrial Hype Complex School of Broadcasting, so...what else can we expect. Then she forgot what the score was, twice, after Fab Frosh Kate Tyack brought the Buckeyes even at 8 with 1:04 left in the 4th. Pay attention, Caley.

Multiple angle camerawork with replays was stellar on both broadcasts. Field mics on both were perfect. On-screen shot clock/power plays--all top shelf.
SocalGeoff

Post by SocalGeoff »

I am fortunate to have been the play the play commentator for a DI program in California for the last few seasons. I also officiate high school and college level women’s lacrosse, which provides an interesting intersection of perspective.

I believe women’s lacrosse is one of the most demanding of sports skills and athleticism wise, which makes it so much fun to call from a broadcasting point of view!

Would love to hear what others think brings them a positive viewing experience to a game.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”