2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am Wait a minute wait a minute.

This is from Bidens official campaign website. This morning!

Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected.

If Trump was smart, he should defer all questions and answers to Biden for the entire 90 minutes the next debate. Every American voter would come away confused with what Biden believes in.

I do realize that Trump is incapable of not talking so my post is a pipe dream.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:11 pm

Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected.
:lol: What are you gonna say now, 6ft?

What's your argument? That we can't (snicker) afford it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trump borrowed almost $4 Trillion BEFORE Covid, and for NO REASON. Can you even tell me where that money went? Yep, $700 billion+ went to defense. And besides that? Where did it go......?

You don't care. Why? Because when an R spends money, you look the other way.

This is going to be fun if Biden manages a miracle, and wins the election. You're not going to be able to whine about ANYTHING that Trump didn't already do, my man.

a fan: you consistently miss a poster's implied message even when the message is spelled out right in front of you.

6 didn't raise cost as his point. You do, naturally. 6's message is about the spellbinding inconsistency of Joe and that perhaps he has no idea what he believes in since he just stated for the record in unambiguous terms in front of a worldwide audience that he has NOT signed on to the Green New Deal, only the BIden Green Deal (whatever that is). And this morning, a whole 36 hours later, it appears as if he has a change of heart. :lol:

We all know what happened, the eco-terrorists of the Democratic Party twitter-bombed Biden and said no AOC fan would now vote.

So in one feel swoop, Joe proved that he is untrustworthy when it comes to what he says, and he is weak. That is 6's message.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:11 pm

:lol: What are you gonna say now, 6ft?

What's your argument? That we can't (snicker) afford it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trump borrowed almost $4 Trillion BEFORE Covid, and for NO REASON. Can you even tell me where that money went? Yep, $700 billion+ went to defense. And besides that? Where did it go......?

You don't care. Why? Because when an R spends money, you look the other way.

This is going to be fun if Biden manages a miracle, and wins the election. You're not going to be able to whine about ANYTHING that Trump didn't already do, my man.
kick the jukebox will ya. I'm really tired of that one song.

This post is about being able to believe a candidate. The guy who says HE"S the Democrat party tells us that he wants nothing too do with the green new deal but has it listed on his campaign website.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 pm 6 didn't raise cost as his point. You do, naturally. 6's message is about the spellbinding inconsistency of Joe and that perhaps he has no idea what he believes in since he just stated for the record in unambiguous terms in front of a worldwide audience that he has NOT signed on to the Green New Deal, only the BIden Green Deal (whatever that is). And this morning, a whole 36 hours later, it appears as if he has a change of heart. :lol:
Oh no!!! He's the first candidate to change his mind!!! OMG, stop the presses!!!!
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 pm We all know what happened, the eco-terrorists of the Democratic Party twitter-bombed Biden and said no AOC fan would now vote.
Oh no!!!! Biden might be listening to some Americans!!! We must stop this insanity!! Presidents are only supposed to do what 6ftstick and Pete want, or it's illegal and unAmerican!!!!

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 pm So in one feel swoop, Joe proved that he is untrustworthy when it comes to what he says, and he is weak. That is 6's message.
:lol: OMG!! You're both right!! I should vote for Trump, who is SO trustworthy. And Trump NEVER contradicted himself as to what his policies are!!!

Anything else, Pete? You're on a comedic roll today! :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:17 pm kick the jukebox will ya. I'm really tired of that one song.
I'll remember that when you complain about your taxes being raised. ;)
6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:17 pm
This post is about being able to believe a candidate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sure it is. Because Trump----who you have relentlessly supported not matter how many lies he told-----is so believeable.

Sell it somewhere else. When Biden lies, you get upset. When Trump lies, you cheer. You don't have a leg to stand on, and neither does Pete.

If you and your fellow Republicans REALLY want honesty in your leaders, you would have called Trump out when he lied. You didn't do that. Instead, you spent four years whining about the free press calling out Trump's lies.

You earned this, my man. I hope Biden wins, and makes Trump look honest by lying more than he did, and by stuffing as much of YOUR MONEY into Hunter's pockets, and the pockets of his family members.

You guys ASKED and CHEERED for this behavior. Enjoy!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 pm 6 didn't raise cost as his point. You do, naturally. 6's message is about the spellbinding inconsistency of Joe and that perhaps he has no idea what he believes in since he just stated for the record in unambiguous terms in front of a worldwide audience that he has NOT signed on to the Green New Deal, only the BIden Green Deal (whatever that is). And this morning, a whole 36 hours later, it appears as if he has a change of heart. :lol:
Oh no!!! He's the first candidate to change his mind!!! OMG, stop the presses!!!!
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 pm We all know what happened, the eco-terrorists of the Democratic Party twitter-bombed Biden and said no AOC fan would now vote.
Oh no!!!! Biden might be listening to some Americans!!! We must stop this insanity!! Presidents are only supposed to do what 6ftstick and Pete want, or it's illegal and unAmerican!!!!

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 pm So in one feel swoop, Joe proved that he is untrustworthy when it comes to what he says, and he is weak. That is 6's message.
:lol: OMG!! You're both right!! I should vote for Trump, who is SO trustworthy. And Trump NEVER contradicted himself as to what his policies are!!!

He didn't CHANGE HIS MIND. He told us one thing two nights ago and has a different belief listed on his campaign website.

ON a topic that will change the way we all live, how we stay comfortable and how we get around.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:24 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:21 pm

He didn't CHANGE HIS MIND. He told us one thing two nights ago and has a different belief listed on his campaign website.

ON a topic that will change the way we all live, how we stay comfortable and how we get around.

a fan has an urgent need to defend leftism at all costs even though of course he is a self-described 'NON-PARTISAN' who of course will someday soon utter these famous liberal words "I WAS UNDECIDED UNTIL LAST NIGHT'S DEBATE, BUT TRUMP WAS SO AWFUL I MUST VOTE BIDEN'. Go ahead and put it in your calendar.

a fan's posts have become more and more illogical and uninformed, purely hysterical reactionary posts of relatively sober assessments of life on the left. Why is that? hmmmmmmmmm...

Your post's message was easy for everyone to understand; a fan took the opportunity to try to make it something it wasn't.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:24 pm He didn't CHANGE HIS MIND. He told us one thing two nights ago and has a different belief listed on his campaign website.

I see. So if a President changes his policies from what he campaigned on, you'd be REALLY angry? Do I have that right?

And yes, this is trick question. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:31 pm Your post's message was easy for everyone to understand; a fan took the opportunity to try to make it something it wasn't.
Oh, it was easy to understand. You're both pretending like Biden is the first candidate in the history of our nation to say one thing, and do another. I'm not defending doodly.....I'm mocking you both. But because you have the self awareness on par with Donald Trump, you don't notice.

Let's vote Trump, because he would NEVER say one thing, and do another. Problem solved, right, Pete? :lol:

I already told you that I can't stand Biden. What's hilarious is that you and Six are attempting to hit Biden for things that Trump has already done...dozens and dozens of times. It's hilarious! Keep it coming, by all means!! :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:48 am "C-R-U-C-I-A-L F-R-A-M-E-W-O-R-K"

Say it slowly six and maybe you can keep up. Negotiating and compromising on a P-L-A-N is how effective government takes place. You know, government for the good of EVERYONE. The Green New Deal is a CRUCIAL FRAMEWORK from which to discuss the issue. Duh.

Course, for a guy who is just peachy keen with governing by Wishful Thinking and the "gut impulses" of a lifelong narcissist, business failure and conman...having a "plan" probably sounds like radical far-left ideology. :lol: :lol:

"The Green New Deal is a CRUCIAL FRAMEWORK from which to discuss the issue. Duh."

The only thing the Green New Steal provides a new and expanded network for your FLP friends to steal as much taxpayer money as they can get their greedy little hands on. Save the planet my effing left nut. The planet does not need FLP ninkompoopery to save it. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:48 am "C-R-U-C-I-A-L F-R-A-M-E-W-O-R-K"

Say it slowly six and maybe you can keep up. Negotiating and compromising on a P-L-A-N is how effective government takes place. You know, government for the good of EVERYONE. The Green New Deal is a CRUCIAL FRAMEWORK from which to discuss the issue. Duh.

Course, for a guy who is just peachy keen with governing by Wishful Thinking and the "gut impulses" of a lifelong narcissist, business failure and conman...having a "plan" probably sounds like radical far-left ideology. :lol: :lol:

"The Green New Deal is a CRUCIAL FRAMEWORK from which to discuss the issue. Duh."

The only thing the Green New Steal provides a new and expanded network for your FLP friends to steal as much taxpayer money as they can get their greedy little hands on. Save the planet my effing left nut. The planet does not need FLP ninkompoopery to save it. :roll:
+1
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:34 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:24 pm He didn't CHANGE HIS MIND. He told us one thing two nights ago and has a different belief listed on his campaign website.

I see. So if a President changes his policies from what he campaigned on, you'd be REALLY angry? Do I have that right?

I suppose it might be a good idea for any candidate to wait more than 24 hours before doing a 180 on what your position was the previous day. Of course you can reverse your position the next day and go back to your original position. It ain't like having a real position on something really matters. You can be against something today, then for it tomorrow and then against it the next day. i call it the Al Gore syndrome. You vote for something before you vote against it. When nobody is paying attention to what you say, getting away with double talk is not a problem.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm The only thing the Green New Steal provides a new and expanded network for your FLP friends to steal as much taxpayer money as they can get their greedy little hands on. Save the planet my effing left nut. The planet does not need FLP ninkompoopery to save it. :roll:
And this would be a valid complaint. But the problem, as you very well know, is that the "other side"-----oil, gas, coal----are stealing as much taxpayer money as they can get their greedy little hands on.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm The only thing the Green New Steal provides a new and expanded network for your FLP friends to steal as much taxpayer money as they can get their greedy little hands on. Save the planet my effing left nut. The planet does not need FLP ninkompoopery to save it. :roll:
And this would be a valid complaint. But the problem, as you very well know, is that the "other side"-----oil, gas, coal----are stealing as much taxpayer money as they can get their greedy little hands on.
For every dollar of net earnings in the U.S. between 2008 and 2017, ExxonMobil incurred more than $1.22 in taxes to federal, state and local governments.

During the period 2008 – 2017, ExxonMobil's total U.S. tax expense exceeded U.S. operating earnings by over $15 billion.

On a dollar-for-dollar basis, the oil and natural gas sector's profits are generally in line with the average of all U.S. industry. From 2012 – 2016 the average profit margin of the U.S. petroleum industry was 1.5 percent and the effective tax rate was 33.6 percent. The average profit margin for U.S. industrials during the same period was 7.2 percent and the effective tax rate was 28.2 percent.

The industry that provides the means to deliver all our goods and services, transportation needs and creature comforts.

Those baztids
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:47 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:34 pm

I suppose it might be a good idea for any candidate to wait more than 24 hours before doing a 180 on what your position was the previous day. Of course you can reverse your position the next day and go back to your original position. It ain't like having a real position on something really matters. You can be against something today, then for it tomorrow and then against it the next day. i call it the Al Gore syndrome. You vote for something before you vote against it. When nobody is paying attention to what you say, getting away with double talk is not a problem.
i'm pretty sure the green new deal stuff was on his website throughout?

joe will certainly clarify all of the differences between the green new deal and the biden green deal newer in due course.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

The media is reprehensible.

Todays White House press briefing

Trumps a White supremacist.

No He's denounced them for years.

Trumps a white supremacist.

I just listed all the times he's denounced them

Americans have to be fed up with this leftist bs.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

From the Times today, a former head of the RNC:

“Other Republicans were despairing not just for their party and its prospects in November but for the country after a debate that they felt represented a low point in American political history.

“I was embarrassed, that’s why I shut off,” said Marc Racicot, the former Montana governor and chairman of the Republican National Committee under former President George W. Bush. “I thought it was a degradation.”

Alluding to Mr. Trump’s remarks about the Proud Boys, Mr. Racicot said the president offered comfort to racists that betrayed the moral leadership responsibilities of his office.

He said he knew he could not support Mr. Trump but had recently decided to vote for Mr. Biden.

“It gnawed at my conscience,” Mr. Racicot said, adding of the president: “I’ve concluded that he’s dangerous to the existence of the republic as we know it.”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:12 pm From the Times today, a former head of the RNC:

“Other Republicans were despairing not just for their party and its prospects in November but for the country after a debate that they felt represented a low point in American political history.

“I was embarrassed, that’s why I shut off,” said Marc Racicot, the former Montana governor and chairman of the Republican National Committee under former President George W. Bush. “I thought it was a degradation.”

Alluding to Mr. Trump’s remarks about the Proud Boys, Mr. Racicot said the president offered comfort to racists that betrayed the moral leadership responsibilities of his office.

He said he knew he could not support Mr. Trump but had recently decided to vote for Mr. Biden.

“It gnawed at my conscience,” Mr. Racicot said, adding of the president: “I’ve concluded that he’s dangerous to the existence of the republic as we know it.”
You all are reprehensible on this topic. Is Racism is all you have?

Time Magazine
BY ZEKE J MILLER AUGUST 14, 2017 12:50 PM EDT

President Donald Trump sharply condemned racist, white supremacist, and neo-Nazi sympathizers on Monday afternoon, after nearly 48 hours of bipartisan criticism over his response to the weekend’s violent clashes in Charlottesville, Va.

“Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups,” Trump said.

In an unsigned statement Sunday morning, a White House official clarified Trump’s initial remarks. “The President said very strongly in his statement yesterday that he condemns all forms of violence, bigotry, and hatred,” the statement said. “Of course that includes white supremacists, KKK Neo-Nazi and all extremist groups. He called for national unity and bringing all Americans together.”

Trump’s comments Monday afternoon followed a meeting with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Chris Wray, which was added to his schedule Monday morning. The Department of Justice launched a civil rights investigation into Saturday’s violence.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

If Winning is Your Ideology, Being a Loser is Fatal
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/if ... r-is-fatal

A friend asked me to read and give my reaction to this debate reaction piece by Tim Alberta in Politico. Of late I haven’t been on the same page as many things Alberta has written. There are various assumptions and claims in this one I don’t agree with. But on the big point I think Alberta really nails a key element of what happened Tuesday night. I mentioned yesterday that’s there a certain roguish fun and entertainment Trump can bring which we shortchange ourselves not to understand and credit no matter how much we might loathe him or despise what he represents.

This was one of Trump’s campaign superpowers in 2016. Whatever else you could say it was really, really clear that Trump was enjoying himself. And why wouldn’t he be? He was breaking the rules and getting away with it. On his maiden political campaign he was felling the men who were supposed to be the futures of the Republican party one after another. He was being himself and it was working. He would provoke, crack a joke, offend and while his competitors were prepping tut-tutting press releases he was on Fox or on Twitter moving on to his next stunt.

And he was getting adulation. Not adulation, a lot of adulation, the heroin of every narcissist and profoundly insecure person. Trump was enjoying himself and he oozed confidence – two magic elixirs of politics. As he won and won again he became more confident and his confidence became more credible. It got more alluring to supporters and more frightening to opponents.

Donald Trump was not having fun Tuesday night and he did not look confident at all. Indeed, I think it’s pretty clear Donald Trump hasn’t had many fun days since he became President. He tells us this himself. Grievance and unfairness are his whole story. Now he’s losing and he knows it. It’s not a good look. It never is but when your ideology and premise is winning then losing wears very badly.

In our latest podcast episode Kate Riga and I compared Tuesday with the 2016 debates. It’s easy to forget just how crazy they were. They each had a number of over the top moments. Tuesday was nonstop over the top.

But the most salient difference was qualitative not quantitive. Trump was sullen, angry and panicked – kryptonite for politicians, especially for Donald Trump.

The centerpiece of Alberta’s column is the second presidential debate in 2016. Days before Trump had been hit with the Access Hollywood tape. Lots of Republicans were renouncing him. Reince Priebus, then head of the RNC, told him to drop out. It seemed obvious Trump would lose and perhaps lose by an historic margin. Would he even show up at the debate? He did show up at the debate and acted unscathed and unscared. This is apparently a core part of the Trump World mythology. That night won him the presidency. He showed he was strong, unafraid and unbendable. Who knows whether that is true, whether it was such a key moment. But that’s what they believe and Alberta does too. To Trump debates are pressure tests. He showed that he didn’t break or wilt under the most withering pressure. People saw that and wanted back onboard.

What I saw then and recall now in retrospect is slightly different. As Trump might say, what did he have to lose?

Trump had managed the unimaginable: secured the major party nomination and wasn’t so far from the presidency itself. Sure he wanted to win. Winning is his ideology. But if he lost … well, no one thought he could win in the first place. As he said again and again, he could just go back to being Donald Trump.

This may not all check out but pretty close. What did he have to lose? Double down again, up the ante. He was having fun. Win he wins and lose he would still mostly win.

The Trump we saw on Tuesday didn’t look like he was having fun at all. As Adam Serwer puts it, in Trumpism the cruelty is the point. But the fun is also the point. The fun of winning, the fun of breaking the rules and getting away with it and having a good time doing it. It’s not sadism if you’re not enjoying it.

Trump didn’t look like he was having fun at all Tuesday night. And what does he have to lose? A lot. Getting rejected for another term – after people have seen four years – is a far greater ego blow than losing the first time. And Trump is holding off numerous lawsuits and criminal investigations with the semi immunity of the presidency.

What does he have to lose? Quite a lot. He knows it better than anyone.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:04 pm The media is reprehensible.

Todays White House press briefing

No He's denounced them for years.

Trumps a white supremacist.

I just listed all the times he's denounced them

Americans have to be fed up with this leftist bs.

It’s stunning. Realize however that no Democrat objects to the patently outrageous bias.

Return to “POLITICS”