All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:57 pm ... Vance and Hawley, they are pieces of sh*t. They will suffer the same fate as all such. Someone will step on them sooner or later, only a question of time ...
My sentiments too.

Not that I can't find politicians on the other side of the aisle to disdain, but these guys are lowlifes by choice, not brains or education. What ticks me off most is that they darn well should know better.
old salt

Post by old salt »

What bitter haters ! Vance & Hawley have already accomplished more than you can ever aspire to.
They're following through on what they told their voters they would do.
They're young & will still be in power long after we've departed.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... fairy tales can come true when you watch faux news :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:58 pm What bitter haters ! Vance & Hawley have already accomplished more than you can ever aspire to.
Please, we know where the younger generations are in their views on major policy issues. Your generation has already lost the war, you just aren’t willing to concede defeat.

The racist, xenophobic, bigoted, and misogynistic policies that you espouse will be washed away by time, the discarded detritus of hateful right-wing ideology.

You are part of a generation of dinosaurs … doomed to extinction.

The young will soon rule the Earth, and it will be a better world than the one you have envisioned.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:11 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:58 pm What bitter haters !
:lol:
Please, we know where the younger generations are in their views on major policy issues. Your generation has already lost the war, you just aren’t willing to concede defeat.

The racist, xenophobic, bigoted, and misogynistic policies that you espouse will be washed away by time, the discarded detritus of hateful right-wing ideology.

The young will soon rule the Earth, and it will be a better world than the one you have envisioned.

DocBarrister
:lol: ...thanks for proving my point.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:28 pm

DocBarrister
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DocBarrister
I’m so pleased that you are taking your replacement so well.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:03 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister 8-)
I’d say displacement, not replacement. Unless you’re looking to occupy the same niche…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:02 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister 8-)
I’d say displacement, not replacement. Unless you’re looking to occupy the same niche…
Too much Thufir Hawat in you.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:02 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister 8-)
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/202 ... -explained

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:58 pm What bitter haters ! Vance & Hawley have already accomplished more than you can ever aspire to.

DocBarrister
Would those be the same deadbeat young people who can't pay back their college loans?? Americas future sure looks bright and full of forgiveness yes indeed. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The real reason Putin invaded Ukraine. Russia's demographic crisis.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:34 pm The real reason Putin invaded Ukraine. Russia's demographic crisis.
So Russia will be speaking Afrikaan-ski soon?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 am

DocBarrister
Would those be the same deadbeat young people who can't pay back their college loans?? Americas future sure looks bright and full of forgiveness yes indeed. :D
remember when we called a generation, the "greatest". turd, not only did they get FREE college, from Princeton to Caly Poly, didn't matter where they enrolled. they got housing and board funds as well. Free for any roomates, too (wife/kids)

your a "deadbeat", if you can't pay things off, yes ? strange, why, than, don't you call tRump a "deadbeat" (oh, that's right, young people can't declare "student loans" in a bankruptcy declaration.

are we STILL paying off the Savings and Loan "deadbeats", from the late 80's ?

Ask yourself, cradle......why CAN'T they pay the loans ? Guess, they should have been smarter, and joined the Mesa AZ police, kill a person in a hotel hallway...and than retire with FULL pension, bc of the PTSD you're suffering. For murdering a drunk guy, crying for his life. Quality jury. again, seacoaser must have been the Prosecutor, doing a "Marcia Clarke" bang up type job :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:44 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 am

DocBarrister
remember when we called a generation, the "greatest". turd, not only did they get FREE college, from Princeton to Caly Poly, didn't matter where they enrolled. they got housing and board funds as well. Free for any roomates, too (wife/kids)

your a "deadbeat", if you can't pay things off, yes ? strange, why, than, don't you call tRump a "deadbeat" (oh, that's right, young people can't declare "student loans" in a bankruptcy declaration.

are we STILL paying off the Savings and Loan "deadbeats", from the late 80's ?

Ask yourself, cradle......why CAN'T they pay the loans ? Guess, they should have been smarter, and joined the Mesa AZ police, kill a person in a hotel hallway...and than retire with FULL pension, bc of the PTSD you're suffering. For murdering a drunk guy, crying for his life. Quality jury. again, seacoaser must have been the Prosecutor, doing a "Marcia Clarke" bang up type job :lol:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Biden Admin preparing excuses in case Ukraine's coming offensive fails to live up to Senile Joe's "whatever it takes" assurances.
They'll find a way to blame Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/2 ... e-00093384
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:41 pm Biden Admin preparing excuses in case Ukraine's coming offensive fails to live up to Senile Joe's "whatever it takes" assurances.

Ukraine is defending an invasion by an aggressor for nearly a decade. Cool story bro, you do you. You look like a fool.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:19 am
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:41 pm Biden Admin preparing excuses in case Ukraine's coming offensive fails to live up to Senile Joe's "whatever it takes" assurances.

Ukraine is defending an invasion by an aggressor for nearly a decade. Cool story bro, you do you. You look like a fool.
The invasion was thwarted months ago. Now we're just bankrolling the attrition of the Russian army.

RFK Jr is right about this stupid war.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5067589/ ... ar-ukraine
I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE WAR IN UKRAINE. WE NEED TO HAVE A NATIONAL CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS WAR. WE NEED TO HAVE A MATURE CONVERSATION THAT ALLOWS FOR NUANCE AND COMPLEXITY AND WE NEED TO DO IT RESPECTFULLY. WE CAN'T BE TELLING ONE SIDE THAT THEY'RE NAZIS AND THE OTHER SIDE THAT THEY LOVE PUTIN. EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY LOVES THIS COUNTRY. WE HAVE TO RESPECT DIFFERENCES OF OPINION AND WE HAVE TO RESPECT PEOPLE'S CAPACITY TO ASK QUESTIONS. SOME OF THE ISSUES WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT, NUMBER ONE - IS THIS WAR IN THE U.S. NATIONAL INTEREST? WE NEED TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION. SOME OF OUR MOST RESPECTED PAST NATIONAL DIPLOMATS, THEY HAVE ALL SAID DEFINITIVELY, IF YOU WANT TO ASK IF IT'S IN OUR NATIONAL INTEREST, IT IS NOT. IT IS NOT IN AMERICA'S NATIONAL INTEREST TO PUT RUSSIA CLOSER TO CHINA. IT'S A CATACLYSM...NUMBER TWO, IT'S NOT IN OUR NATIONAL INTEREST TO INVOLVE IN A NUCLEAR EXCHANGE IN A KIND WITH A COUNTRY THAT HAS MORE NUCLEAR WEAPONS THE US. HAVING SAID THAT I WANT TO SAY THAT WE ARE IN THE UKRAINE FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS. WE ARE THERE BECAUSE WE ARE GOOD PEOPLE. ABRAHAM LINCOLN SAID THAT WE ARE OUR A GREAT NATION BECAUSE WE ARE A GOOD NATION, AND WE CONTINUE TO BE A GOOD PEOPLE. THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INVADED, AND HAVE SHOWN EXTRAORDINARY VALOR AND COURAGE DEFENDING THEIR COUNTRY, AND DEFENDING THEIR FAMILIES AND THEIR BELIEF AND LIBERTIES AND INDEPENDENCE, THINGS THAT AMERICANS HAVE TO ADMIRE. MY SON FOUGHT IN THE KHARKIV OFFENSIVE AS A GUNNER. [APPLAUSE] BUT WE NEED TO KNOW AS AMERICANS AND WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT IS OUR GOVERNMENTS CHIEF OBJECTIVE IN THIS WAR? NOW, WE WERE TOLD INITIALLY THAT THE OBJECTIVE WAS HUMANITARIAN. THAT IS A GOOD REASON TO BE THERE. HUMANITARIAN. WHAT THAT MEANS IS TRYING TO END THE BLOODSHED AND MINIMIZE IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IN RECENT TIMES, PRESIDENT BIDEN SAID THAT ONE OF OUR OBJECTIVES IS REGIME CHANGE OF VLADIMIR PUTIN. THIS IS THE SAME STRATEGY THAT DID NOT WORK WELL FOR US IN IRAQ AND ITS MANY OF THE SAME PEOPLE THE SAME NEOCONS THAT WERE AROUND PRESIDENT BIDEN WHO HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THAT FOR A LONG TIME AND HAVE ENGAGED IN GEOPOLITICAL MACHINATIONS IN THE UKRAINE SINCE 2014. AND THEN PRESIDENT BIDEN'S SECRETARY OF DEFENSE, LLOYD AUSTIN VALIDATED PRESIDENT BIDEN'S STATEMENT BY SAYING THAT OUR OBJECTIVE IN UKRAINE IS TO EXHAUST AND DEGRADE THE RUSSIAN ARMY SO THAT THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF HAVING BATTLES ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. INDEED, MANY OF THE STEPS THAT WE'VE TAKEN IN UKRAINE HAVE SEEMED TO INDICATE THAT OUR INTEREST IS IN PROLONGING THE WAR RATHER THAN SHORTENING IT. IF THOSE ARE OUR OBJECTIVES, TO HAVE REGIME CHANGE AND EXHAUST THE RUSSIANS, THAT IS ANTITHETICAL TO A HUMANITARIAN MISSION. [APPLAUSE] IF WE ARE THERE FOR A HUMANITARIAN MISSION, IT MEANS TO REDUCE BLOODSHED AND BRING AN END TO THE WAR QUICKLY. IF WE ARE THERE TO EXHAUST THE RUSSIANS OR REGIME CHANGE, DOESN'T IT MEAN THAT UKRAINE IS JUST A PAWN IN A GEOPOLITICAL BATTLE BETWEEN TWO GREAT SUPERPOWERS AND THAT OUR STRATEGY IS TO PUT THE FLOWER OF UKRAINIAN YOUTH IN AN ABATTOIR OF DEATH IN ORDER TO EXHAUST RUSSIA. IF THAT'S TRUE, THEN WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT. AND IF IT IS NOT TRUE, THEN WE NEED A DISCUSSION WITH THE PRESIDENT, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE AND OTHERS TO TELL US EXACTLY WHAT ARE WE DOING THERE.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:58 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:19 am

The invasion was thwarted months ago. Now we're just bankrolling the attrition of the Russian army.

RFK Jr is right about this stupid war.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5067589/ ... ar-ukraine
I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE WAR IN UKRAINE. WE NEED TO HAVE A NATIONAL CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS WAR. WE NEED TO HAVE A MATURE CONVERSATION THAT ALLOWS FOR NUANCE AND COMPLEXITY AND WE NEED TO DO IT RESPECTFULLY. WE CAN'T BE TELLING ONE SIDE THAT THEY'RE NAZIS AND THE OTHER SIDE THAT THEY LOVE PUTIN. EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY LOVES THIS COUNTRY. WE HAVE TO RESPECT DIFFERENCES OF OPINION AND WE HAVE TO RESPECT PEOPLE'S CAPACITY TO ASK QUESTIONS. SOME OF THE ISSUES WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT, NUMBER ONE - IS THIS WAR IN THE U.S. NATIONAL INTEREST? WE NEED TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION. SOME OF OUR MOST RESPECTED PAST NATIONAL DIPLOMATS, THEY HAVE ALL SAID DEFINITIVELY, IF YOU WANT TO ASK IF IT'S IN OUR NATIONAL INTEREST, IT IS NOT. IT IS NOT IN AMERICA'S NATIONAL INTEREST TO PUT RUSSIA CLOSER TO CHINA. IT'S A CATACLYSM...NUMBER TWO, IT'S NOT IN OUR NATIONAL INTEREST TO INVOLVE IN A NUCLEAR EXCHANGE IN A KIND WITH A COUNTRY THAT HAS MORE NUCLEAR WEAPONS THE US. HAVING SAID THAT I WANT TO SAY THAT WE ARE IN THE UKRAINE FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS. WE ARE THERE BECAUSE WE ARE GOOD PEOPLE. ABRAHAM LINCOLN SAID THAT WE ARE OUR A GREAT NATION BECAUSE WE ARE A GOOD NATION, AND WE CONTINUE TO BE A GOOD PEOPLE. THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INVADED, AND HAVE SHOWN EXTRAORDINARY VALOR AND COURAGE DEFENDING THEIR COUNTRY, AND DEFENDING THEIR FAMILIES AND THEIR BELIEF AND LIBERTIES AND INDEPENDENCE, THINGS THAT AMERICANS HAVE TO ADMIRE. MY SON FOUGHT IN THE KHARKIV OFFENSIVE AS A GUNNER. [APPLAUSE] BUT WE NEED TO KNOW AS AMERICANS AND WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT IS OUR GOVERNMENTS CHIEF OBJECTIVE IN THIS WAR? NOW, WE WERE TOLD INITIALLY THAT THE OBJECTIVE WAS HUMANITARIAN. THAT IS A GOOD REASON TO BE THERE. HUMANITARIAN. WHAT THAT MEANS IS TRYING TO END THE BLOODSHED AND MINIMIZE IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IN RECENT TIMES, PRESIDENT BIDEN SAID THAT ONE OF OUR OBJECTIVES IS REGIME CHANGE OF VLADIMIR PUTIN. THIS IS THE SAME STRATEGY THAT DID NOT WORK WELL FOR US IN IRAQ AND ITS MANY OF THE SAME PEOPLE THE SAME NEOCONS THAT WERE AROUND PRESIDENT BIDEN WHO HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THAT FOR A LONG TIME AND HAVE ENGAGED IN GEOPOLITICAL MACHINATIONS IN THE UKRAINE SINCE 2014. AND THEN PRESIDENT BIDEN'S SECRETARY OF DEFENSE, LLOYD AUSTIN VALIDATED PRESIDENT BIDEN'S STATEMENT BY SAYING THAT OUR OBJECTIVE IN UKRAINE IS TO EXHAUST AND DEGRADE THE RUSSIAN ARMY SO THAT THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF HAVING BATTLES ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. INDEED, MANY OF THE STEPS THAT WE'VE TAKEN IN UKRAINE HAVE SEEMED TO INDICATE THAT OUR INTEREST IS IN PROLONGING THE WAR RATHER THAN SHORTENING IT. IF THOSE ARE OUR OBJECTIVES, TO HAVE REGIME CHANGE AND EXHAUST THE RUSSIANS, THAT IS ANTITHETICAL TO A HUMANITARIAN MISSION. [APPLAUSE] IF WE ARE THERE FOR A HUMANITARIAN MISSION, IT MEANS TO REDUCE BLOODSHED AND BRING AN END TO THE WAR QUICKLY. IF WE ARE THERE TO EXHAUST THE RUSSIANS OR REGIME CHANGE, DOESN'T IT MEAN THAT UKRAINE IS JUST A PAWN IN A GEOPOLITICAL BATTLE BETWEEN TWO GREAT SUPERPOWERS AND THAT OUR STRATEGY IS TO PUT THE FLOWER OF UKRAINIAN YOUTH IN AN ABATTOIR OF DEATH IN ORDER TO EXHAUST RUSSIA. IF THAT'S TRUE, THEN WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT. AND IF IT IS NOT TRUE, THEN WE NEED A DISCUSSION WITH THE PRESIDENT, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE AND OTHERS TO TELL US EXACTLY WHAT ARE WE DOING THERE.
Putin can withdraw…… Senile Joe… nice.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:44 am Putin can withdraw…… Senile Joe… nice.
RFK and his band of morons can't answer is how to accomplish what they're claiming is so easy.

If you stop arming Ukraine, Putin will advance. RFK and the rest of the "Biden is doing it wrong" crew can't explain is: how to get Putin to surrender and leave Ukraine.

Pretend both sides agree to a cease fire and to let Russia hold the land that they have.

Now what? Can't put NATO in Ukraine. And you can't keep giving Ukraine REAL defensive weapons to fortify this new border. Hoping everyone here is smart enough to understand why.

Putin can't stay in the newly acquired land from the current war. Pretty obvious from where I sit.

Return to “POLITICS”