ABV 8.3%

Re: Is a 2021 season going to happen?

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:25 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:44 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:25 am
a fan wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:18 pm
FMUBart wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:39 pm Don’t bother Joe! As soon as the McConnell statement was made, you knew what you were dealing with :roll:
Yes. You're dealing with someone who can read, and is trying to help you to answer the question: "Is a 2021 season going to happen"?

You partisans are reading what you want to read. I didn't blame McConnell for doodly. Or Trump. Or Pelosi. Or anyone. For anything.

What Im trying to tell you is that University Presidents are concerned about liability. So much so, that McConnell won't sign a stimulus without legal protections...and he's been demanding this provision for months. This is a truth. He's on the record for this. Is he right to do that? I have no idea. I'm not a lawyer, and have no idea what's at stake.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s insistence that legal liability protections for businesses, schools and colleges be included in any new coronavirus relief bill is approaching a moment of reckoning.

Warning that an avalanche of litigation would undercut any rebound from the pandemic’s economic damage, McConnell has repeatedly said he won’t let a bill to pass the Senate without a temporary shield from most coronavirus-related lawsuits for businesses that follow public health guidelines.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... alks-stall

I'm simply telling you what's happening in DC. It has a direct effect on whether or not we have lacrosse. Maybe grow up, and knock off the partisan nonsense for five minutes. Or keep at it, I guess. It's doing wonders for our nation......
Partisan bashing ? ;) .....and yet you provide no...as in NO......links to the any actual bills. Just an article from FIVE months ago. From a publication owned by a guy who ran for POTUSA.

No liability provision in the original CARES act of late winter :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

good luck with liability when it comes to forcing people to have to get a shot that won't work

Suddenly, Mitch is drafting ALL US Congress legislation?
Suddenly you know that a vaccine is not going to work and you didn’t even work on the development?!
......false tracing models, especially on the GOT thread in mT's......short hand .....looks good at first but replication is almost areoboic .....but, better to burn out, than to rust....yeah, yeah, my, my. ask the spouse.

problem IS....I wasn't asked to work on it. ;)

You talking the vaxx, TLD. (0h, right....when it IS your turn. ) Love how all the "connected" people suddenly just can't seem to be able to jump the line. "what, ME.....I'm NOT essential "....kickinNscreaming
How long you been with Moderna or Pfizer? My wife favors the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Pfizer can't survive without its welfare checks. Fact. You really think someone with principles worked for bigPharma? :lol: :lol:

You haven't answered. When are YOU taking the V19 vaxx, TLD? You seem "CONnected".

Oh, right...you will wait your turn, as you are at the end of the line of essentialness. Funny how Congress ain't lining up to take the vaxx. How CNN hasn't announced it annual yankee swap will really be a vaxx taking party. Led by the Cuomo's. :lol: :lol: :lol:
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:57 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:41 am Instead, you acted like it was ALL, as in entirely, Lt. Col's McGrath's US Senate opponents idea.
Who controls what bills make it to the Senate floor? You? Or Mitch McConnell, the Majority Leader in the US Senate?

And what you're telling me here is that you don't believe what Senator McConnell told you and your fellow citizens about not flooring a bill if it doesn't contain, and I quote, "liability protection for everyone related to the coronavirus".

Fine. I can't make you believe what he told you.

And with the CARES act? Do you see liability "for everyone related to the coronavirus"?

No. You don't. What you see is, and I quote: LIMITATION ON LIABILITY FOR VOLUNTEER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS DURING COVID–19 EMERGENCY
RESPONSE.

That ain't "everyone related to the coronavirus". That's one very specific group. And McConnell has told you that that's not enough.

You're arguing just to argue. If i'm not specific enough, you ask for specifics. If I give you specifics, you tell me to be more vague.

Maybe relax a bit?
Or, maybe, you can point out WHO wants the liabilty language. You know, it's as if the College Presidents don't ever lobby. Or have twatts.

Not like I was alone in calling out your TRUE motives. BTW, I loved all your posts, comments & links supporting Lt. Col McGrath this past election cycle. Of course, DocB, and others, tops you in positive comments regarding Mitch Chow's US Senate opponent. Suddenly, he IS the problem.

regarding being relaxed, perhaps stop projecting, geez. (calm instead of "relaxed"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtSA18z3wc
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

If it helps in this conversation, for spring sports NJ just pushed the start date back a few months to April 1, with games first being able to start April 19. They also consequently pushed the end dates out a month as well.

Here's to hoping that we get a spring season.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:07 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:25 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:44 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:25 am
a fan wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:18 pm
FMUBart wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:39 pm Don’t bother Joe! As soon as the McConnell statement was made, you knew what you were dealing with :roll:
Yes. You're dealing with someone who can read, and is trying to help you to answer the question: "Is a 2021 season going to happen"?

You partisans are reading what you want to read. I didn't blame McConnell for doodly. Or Trump. Or Pelosi. Or anyone. For anything.

What Im trying to tell you is that University Presidents are concerned about liability. So much so, that McConnell won't sign a stimulus without legal protections...and he's been demanding this provision for months. This is a truth. He's on the record for this. Is he right to do that? I have no idea. I'm not a lawyer, and have no idea what's at stake.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s insistence that legal liability protections for businesses, schools and colleges be included in any new coronavirus relief bill is approaching a moment of reckoning.

Warning that an avalanche of litigation would undercut any rebound from the pandemic’s economic damage, McConnell has repeatedly said he won’t let a bill to pass the Senate without a temporary shield from most coronavirus-related lawsuits for businesses that follow public health guidelines.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... alks-stall

I'm simply telling you what's happening in DC. It has a direct effect on whether or not we have lacrosse. Maybe grow up, and knock off the partisan nonsense for five minutes. Or keep at it, I guess. It's doing wonders for our nation......
Partisan bashing ? ;) .....and yet you provide no...as in NO......links to the any actual bills. Just an article from FIVE months ago. From a publication owned by a guy who ran for POTUSA.

No liability provision in the original CARES act of late winter :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

good luck with liability when it comes to forcing people to have to get a shot that won't work

Suddenly, Mitch is drafting ALL US Congress legislation?
Suddenly you know that a vaccine is not going to work and you didn’t even work on the development?!
......false tracing models, especially on the GOT thread in mT's......short hand .....looks good at first but replication is almost areoboic .....but, better to burn out, than to rust....yeah, yeah, my, my. ask the spouse.

problem IS....I wasn't asked to work on it. ;)

You talking the vaxx, TLD. (0h, right....when it IS your turn. ) Love how all the "connected" people suddenly just can't seem to be able to jump the line. "what, ME.....I'm NOT essential "....kickinNscreaming
How long you been with Moderna or Pfizer? My wife favors the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Pfizer can't survive without its welfare checks. Fact. You really think someone with principles worked for bigPharma? :lol: :lol:

You haven't answered. When are YOU taking the V19 vaxx, TLD? You seem "CONnected".

Oh, right...you will wait your turn, as you are at the end of the line of essentialness. Funny how Congress ain't lining up to take the vaxx. How CNN hasn't announced it annual yankee swap will really be a vaxx taking party. Led by the Cuomo's. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no idea. I haven’t heard anything yet. My guess is that I will get it with rest of the peasants.....what about you?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

GIve AFAN credit for posting this link about how college leaders are lobbying Congress.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2020 ... education/

Bacow said he has been on calls with the American Council on Education and the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities in Massachusetts.

ACE Senior Vice President of Government Relations and Public Affairs Terry W. Hartle said the pandemic has impacted every aspect of higher education.

“It is easy for people who don't spend a lot of time in higher education to underestimate the impact of the increased costs the schools are seeing and the reduced revenue,” he said.

Hartle said even prominent state schools are facing unprecedented financial burdens. For instance, one Division 1 university in the Big Ten Conference estimates it has incurred $71 million dollars in costs and lost revenue through April 1, according to Hartle.

“Colleges and universities are refunding by our estimate about $8 billion dollars in room and board charges alone,” he said. “Any college, university budgeted that money as if they would be getting it for the full year. Nobody anticipated that for 20 or 25 percent of the year, they would simply have to give that money back.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard’s $40 billion dollar endowment is in a grave situation as the country faces the pandemic and a possible recession, according to experts.

Though the pandemic affects every institution of higher education, Hartle said that for some institutions, the unexpected costs pose “an existential threat.”

“The implications for some parts of the higher education community are dire,” he said.

Because the needs of different institutions in the higher education industry are “diverse,” Hartle said they “build a consensus set of recommendations for policy makers that we can all stand behind.”

Last month, Congress passed a $2 trillion stimulus package to fund legislation that included, among other provisions, providing small-business loans, unemployment benefits, and individual checks to households to relieve the economic effects of the pandemic. It is unclear what lawmakers will prioritize in a possible fourth stimulus bill.

In the third supplemental spending bill, Hartle said ACE lobbied for money to provide discretionary money to colleges and universities, as well AS discrete, emergency grants to students seeking financial aid to help them meet food, shelter, housing, travel, and other needs. The stimulus package set aside $14 billion for higher education to offset costs and fund student grants.

“The fact of the matter is that Congress noted the needs facing institutions and students in the third stimulus,” he said. “We're hoping that in the fourth stimulus we can encourage them to do even more.”

Newton also wrote that Harvard has been collaborating during the pandemic with federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Education, National Institutes of Health, and Department of Homeland Security, to ensure researchers receive adequate support.

“Beyond legislation, we have also worked with leading federal agencies on flexibilities to assist students in emergency costs, ensure research grants can continue to support our skilled workforce even as labs have been mostly shuttered, and to work toward visa systems that remain operational, particularly in critical fields,” he wrote.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

I would like to know of which Universities are actually giving room&board, tuition etc. back, to the students and their families. For THIS past fall.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

[u

I have no idea. I haven’t heard anything yet. My guess is that I will get it with rest of the peasants.....what about you?
[/quote]
According to you, since I tested O-positive, it would be silly for me to get the vaxx. Regarding THIS current batch of useless vaxxs? never, evah, will I be taking it. Again, remember, why? I already tested positive for Covid 19. Even lost sense of smell.....not much else tho. So, why bother getting the vaxx. You can't get V19 twice, can you? :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:17 am Or, maybe, you can point out WHO wants the liabilty language.
So now you want details, after giving me grief for being too specific.

You're looking for a fight. I was trying to help folks understand how big the liability angle looms in the minds of University Presidents when it comes to playing lacrosse this year.

Let it go.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:48 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:17 am Or, maybe, you can point out WHO wants the liabilty language.
So now you want details, after giving me grief for being too specific.

You're looking for a fight. I was trying to help folks understand how big the liability angle looms in the minds of University Presidents when it comes to playing lacrosse this year.

Let it go.
No, just admit that YOU were looking for a fight. Others see it that way too. By bringing Mitch Chow up. at all,

when it IS the lobbying of the college world. Same for "tuition foregiveness" All Mitch's idea.
My choice to learn from this, you can "let it go" and pretend you were right all along. How very Trump like. :D
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am No, just admit that YOU were looking for a fight. Others see it that way too. By bringing Mitch Chow up. at all,
So I quote Mitch, verbatim, telling you that he wants a liability shield for colleges. That shield is not in place, and University Presidents are deciding whether or not to have a sports season this spring (lacrosse). So it's 100% relevant to the discussion. And I tell you that I have no problem with Mitch's desire for a liability shield.

And that means I'm looking for a fight.

Got it. Anything else?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:58 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am No, just admit that YOU were looking for a fight. Others see it that way too. By bringing Mitch Chow up. at all,
So I quote Mitch, verbatim, telling you that he wants a liability shield for colleges. That shield is not in place, and University Presidents are deciding whether or not to have a sports season this spring (lacrosse). So it's 100% relevant to the discussion. And I tell you that I have no problem with Mitch's desire for a liability shield.

And that means I'm looking for a fight.

Got it. Anything else?
YES, college leadership seeking legal protection IS 100 % relevant to the season. They want the protection. Why blame others, is my only point.
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:29 am I would like to know of which Universities are actually giving room&board, tuition etc. back, to the students and their families. For THIS past fall.
Merrimack College would reimburse room and board only for those students that opted to go remote or commute within the first two weeks of the semester. After that date no refund would be offered this fall even if students were sent home for testing positive, having a Covid contact, or instances where their entire dorm was closed. Last spring they manipulated academic scholarships and reduced them to offset room and board refunds. I believe athletic scholarships were untouched. I felt they handled it unethically at the time. They even upped the tuition this year and tacked on a hefty Covid fee.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

the harvard endowment should have done quite well in the stock and bond market rally , all due respect
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Interesting article re “young people” and COVID-19. If true, few colleges and universities
will take the risk of spring athletics without liability shield.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/16/opin ... e=Homepage
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:58 pm Interesting article re “young people” and COVID-19. If true, few colleges and universities

You do realize that young people are dying at a record rate from suicides and drug overdoses as a result of the restrictions necessitated (not getting into whether they are warranted to the extreme some of them are in place e.g, NY)

buried in within the article of course,

"we are also concerned that unintentional overdose deaths have increased during the pandemic as well." THEY ARE NOT CONCERNED IN THE SLIGHTEST. It doesn't take an expert to realize that the lack of social interaction is a MAJOR DRIVING force in causing young adults to OVERDOSE and COMMIT SUICIDE. Yes this is a result of the virus, but NOT because the majority of these young adults are SO WORRIED about getting seriously sick from CV-19, it's rather because in many places there are SEVERE restrictions in place that prevent young adults from exercising a basic human need, SOCIAL INTERACTION. This article is misleading at BEST.But that's to be expected as the NY Times has lost its objective nature and greatly lacks the credibility it once had. Everything is promoting an agenda, I suggest not looking to this particular media outlet as the voice of reason!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:57 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:58 pm Interesting article re “young people” and COVID-19. If true, few colleges and universities

You do realize that young people are dying at a record rate from suicides and drug overdoses as a result of the restrictions necessitated (not getting into whether they are warranted to the extreme some of them are in place e.g, NY)

"we are also concerned that unintentional overdose deaths have increased during the pandemic as well." THEY ARE NOT CONCERNED IN THE SLIGHTEST. It doesn't take an expert to realize that the lack of social interaction is a MAJOR DRIVING force in causing young adults to OVERDOSE and COMMIT SUICIDE. Yes this is a result of the virus, but NOT because the majority of these young adults are SO WORRIED about getting seriously sick from CV-19, it's rather because in many places there are SEVERE restrictions in place that prevent young adults from exercising a basic human need, SOCIAL INTERACTION. This article is misleading at BEST.But that's to be expected as the NY Times has lost its objective nature and greatly lacks the credibility it once had. Everything is promoting an agenda, I suggest not looking to this particular media outlet as the voice of reason!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
And what’s your agenda?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Joe
And what’s your agenda?
I won't ask you the same question because your agenda is very clear. The guy who calls lacrosse a "childish thing" but spends his time trolling people on a lacrosse forum. :D
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

I don’t think colleges will want the liability, especially after the recent collapse of Keyontae Johnson during a Florida Gator basketball game. Sounds like he had Covid and recovered, but there seem to be questions as to whether this was related. This incident will no doubt impact many colleges’ decision. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

JBFortunato wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:49 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Joe
And what’s your agenda?
I won't ask you the same question because your agenda is very clear. The guy who calls lacrosse a "childish thing" but spends his time trolling people on a lacrosse forum. :D
JB,

Much appreciated, couldn't of said it any better!

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

bauer4429 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:43 am I don’t think colleges will want the liability, especially after the recent collapse of Keyontae Johnson during a Florida Gator basketball game. Sounds like he had Covid and recovered, but there seem to be questions as to whether this was related. This incident will no doubt impact many colleges’ decision. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
bauer4429,

You are just speculating here :roll: :roll: :roll: , there hasn't been one credible report that has determined whether the cause of his collapse is CV-19 related. Making assumptions is a dangerous road to go down. In fact his own Grandfather, who technically is his "guardian" isn't even sure he had "COVID". These incidences unfortunately happen EVERY year WITHOUT CV-19. Let's not go down this road. If what you are saying is true, College Basketball and College Football would have shut down the next day... These decisions regarding Lacrosse in the spring will certainly involve liability, but it will come down to $$ for the smaller programs. Lacrosse is going to played in the spring, it's just a matter of if EVERY program partakes or not, which we know will not be the case.

Joe

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”