2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:33 pm Totally proved my point.

Trump never smiles. Never laughs. Has zero empathy or warmth. Cold, selfish, spiteful, mean.

If he were a gal, he'd be the bitterest harpie and biggest beeeyotch in the history of the world. And a fat cow.

Guy Hillary would have crushed Gal Trump in an epic landslide.
"Trump never smiles. Never laughs. Has zero empathy or warmth. Cold, selfish, spiteful, mean."

If trump had ever been on E harmony HRC would have been his perfect match. Funny they never hooked up seeing how much they both have in common? Maybe trump would have been uncomfortable being with a woman who was as nasty and despicable as he is.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From RCP (Real Clear Politics) - averages of swing state polls this year compared with the same date four years ago (9/29/2020 vs 9/29/2016):

PA

2020: Biden 49.6/Trump 43.9 (+5.7 Biden)
2016: Clinton 43.6/Trump 41.8 (+1.8 Clinton)

MI

2020: Biden 49.2/Trump 44.0 (+5.2 Biden)
2016: Clinton 43/Trump 38 (+5 Clinton)

FL

2020: Biden 47.8/Trump 46.7 (+1.1 Biden)
2016: Clinton 44.7/Trump 43.5 (+1.2 Clinton)

WI

2020: Biden 49.8/Trump 44.3 (+5.5 Biden)
2016: Clinton 43/Trump 38 (+5 Clinton)

NC

2020: Biden 47.0/Trump 46.2 (+0.8 Biden)
2016: Clinton 42.3/Trump 43.1 (+0.8 Trump)

AZ

2020: Biden 48.2/Trump 44.8 (+3.4 Biden)
2016: Clinton 39/Trump 42 (+4 Trump)

AZ shows a big swing to D. Otherwise fairly similar leads with a huge exception - Biden flirting with 50% in every one of these races. If Trump cannot take some of those Biden votes away, he is likely toast, as it is extremely unlikely that the remaining undecided vote breaks all to Trump.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

New Quinnipiac Poll of GA:

Likely voters, Sept. 23-27

Biden 50/Trump 47

Ossoff (D) 49/Perdue (R-Inc) 48

Warnock (D) 31/Loeffler (R-inc) 23/Collins (R) 22/Lieberman (D) 9/Tarver (D) 4

Last race is a jungle primary on election day with a runoff likely (unless someone gets 50%). Warnock was 3rd just a few days ago, and there were calls for Lieberman (JoeMentum's son) to drop out.

Very low numbers of undecideds.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I was sitting here playing poker on my computer and thinking. I know some of you think that is a dangerous thing. :D trumps solution to not having to admit defeat in the upcoming election came to me in a vision. He has to take a page from the FLP playbook that has already been field tested. It involves a variation of the occupy wall street movement. trump calls this one " Occupy 1600" He can set up tents in the rose garden and invite all those red neck always trumpers in for the worlds biggest pig roast. They can build a dirt track on the front lawn so that the red necks can race their pick up trucks around in circles 24/7/365. Endless kegs of beer and bottles of Jack Daniels. The party never has to end. trump can have rallies morning, noon and night with all kinds of FRC stars hitting the stage to entertain and amuse. Sean Hannity can sponsor a marathon telethon to raise money for trump. He can call it dollars for donnie. There can be clowns and face painting for the kids. trump can even use a page from the Clinton playbook and rent out rooms in the Whitehouse for the night for a "nominal donation" Think of it as the worlds most exclusive bed and breakfast. Maybe trump can talk Rush Limbaugh into parachuting into the festivities and do his radio show also to raise dollars for donnie as well. Think about it yall. Would it not be yuuuuuuuge fun? :D :D :D
Bob Ross:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:50 am Well, it's interesting to see how much the narrative has changed on this debate.

For months we've been told by our Trumpist friends that Trump will mop the floor with Sleepy Joe, he won't be able to put a coherent thought together, his dementia will cripple him in the face of Trump's brilliance. Trump will dominate Joe. It won't be remotely close.

Maybe.

But it sure sounds like the Trumpists are worried.
I'm not worried because I don't give a flying fig about either of these jack wagons. I am curious how dementia Joe handles himself when trump inevitably starts throwing verbal sheepdip all over him. DJ can't allow himself to take the bait. I will admit the possibility of this turning into a boxing match makes me want to pop an extra batch of popcorn. This could be less of a debate and more of a freak show. I hope Chris Wallace is wearing the proper PPE.
well, the night's here and i couldn't be more excited. kanye of course is missing, and that would've been epic, but that was probably never in the stars.

cradle, i can't believe you wouldn't be juiced at this arrangement from the jump.

what i have via prop bets:
trump using, strong, very strong or strongly.
vs.
biden getting lost in his train of thought mid-sentence and digressing or conceding he's been speaking too long. 100:100

trump taking personal credit for the economy/black/hispanic unemployment, etc.
vs.
biden citing what he and obama did on any range of issues. i think biden is the favorite here. 180:115

biden stepping to trump 3:1
biden cocking or closing a fist while stepping. 10:1
biden stepping and getting inside 6 feet without a mask. 45:1
altercation. 100:1
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:50 am Well, it's interesting to see how much the narrative has changed on this debate.

For months we've been told by our Trumpist friends that Trump will mop the floor with Sleepy Joe, he won't be able to put a coherent thought together, his dementia will cripple him in the face of Trump's brilliance. Trump will dominate Joe. It won't be remotely close.

Maybe.

I'm not worried because I don't give a flying fig about either of these jack wagons. I am curious how dementia Joe handles himself when trump inevitably starts throwing verbal sheepdip all over him. DJ can't allow himself to take the bait. I will admit the possibility of this turning into a boxing match makes me want to pop an extra batch of popcorn. This could be less of a debate and more of a freak show. I hope Chris Wallace is wearing the proper PPE.
well, the night's here and i couldn't be more excited. kanye of course is missing, and that would've been epic, but that was probably never in the stars.

cradle, i can't believe you wouldn't be juiced at this arrangement from the jump.

vs.
biden getting lost in his train of thought mid-sentence and digressing or conceding he's been speaking too long. 100:100

vs.
biden citing what he and obama did on any range of issues. i think biden is the favorite here. 180:115

In any other year watching a POTUS debate is like staring at drying paint. This year i guess i am a little bit juiced at what could happen. I like your odds. i wish they had a betting line for them in Vegas. Would it not be cool if Joe had a small barn built as a backdrop so he could take trump out behind it? :D
Bob Ross:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Maybe.

vs.

vs.

In any other year watching a POTUS debate is like staring at drying paint. This year i guess i am a little bit juiced at what could happen. I like your odds. i wish they had a betting line for them in Vegas. Would it not be cool if Joe had a small barn built as a backdrop so he could take trump out behind it? :D
trump/clinton town hall was pretty special.

https://youtu.be/qVMW_1aZXRk

joe had a pretty good minorities/ phonograph debate not long ago. even him and bernie had quite the back and forth for an hour on all the things they signed or didn't sign.

these guys are vets. they're not dry paint material.

biden offering to take trump behind any type building. 12:1
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Maybe.

vs.

vs.

joe had a pretty good minorities/ phonograph debate not long ago. even him and bernie had quite the back and forth for an hour on all the things they signed or didn't sign.

Donna Brazile is in the house. Odds she gets Joe the questions ahead of 9 pm are very good.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:57 pm

Maybe.

vs.

vs.

Donna Brazile is in the house. Odds she gets Joe the questions ahead of 9 pm are very good.
it's obvious you don't appreciate the special-ness potential of what we may be about to see. who cares if 2020 joe has the questions ahead of time? that would matter?
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 576843001/

we have earpiece-gate, a death toll watch, breaks that may be negotiated and might include drug tests or pill popping... who the hell knows what else?

i'll be the first to admit i'm setting myself up for disappointment here, but there's no way in hell i'm downplaying the possibilities.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:57 pm

Maybe.

vs.

vs.

it's obvious you don't appreciate the special-ness potential of what we may be about to see. who cares if 2020 joe has the questions ahead of time? that would matter?
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 576843001/

we have earpiece-gate, a death toll watch, breaks that may be negotiated and might include drug tests or pill popping... who the hell knows what else?

i'll be the first to admit i'm setting myself up for disappointment here, but there's no way in hell i'm downplaying the possibilities.

I'm also hoping for Thunderdome, meaning it will be bland. And for those expecting any excellent and witty posts from me this evening, I shall be reflecting rather than writing. Would we all. I expect the house libs here to be posting incessantly (ridiculous need to impress others...), further driving away any and all sane taxpayers from ever voting Democratic.
njbill

Post by njbill »

njbill wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 pm The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled today that ballots received by the Friday after election day may be counted as long as they were postmarked by election day or as long as there is no indication they were mailed after that date. Ballots without postmarks will be counted if received by that Friday.

The court also ruled that drop boxes will be permitted.

Lastly, the court ruled the Green party candidate cannot appear on the ballot.

All in all, good news for Biden.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronav ... 00917.html

The question of early processing or counting of ballots is still up in the air. Governor Wolf wants that to begin three weeks before the election. The Republican proposal in the State Legislature is that the process may begin three days ahead of time.
The Republicans have appealed this case to the US Supreme Court. Justice Alito has ordered that opposing papers to be filed by October 5.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 pm The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled today that ballots received by the Friday after election day may be counted as long as they were postmarked by election day or as long as there is no indication they were mailed after that date. Ballots without postmarks will be counted if received by that Friday.

The court also ruled that drop boxes will be permitted.

Lastly, the court ruled the Green party candidate cannot appear on the ballot.

All in all, good news for Biden.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronav ... 00917.html

The question of early processing or counting of ballots is still up in the air. Governor Wolf wants that to begin three weeks before the election. The Republican proposal in the State Legislature is that the process may begin three days ahead of time.
The Republicans have appealed this case to the US Supreme Court. Justice Alito has ordered that opposing papers to be filed by October 5.
i saw wisco also lost a ruling recently in fed courts.

you may not know postal protocol, but why would they rule that non postmarks are cool and how often does that happen?
njbill

Post by njbill »

I'm certainly not an expert of postmarks, but what I've read, which is consistent with how some of my mail looks, is that a lot of mail these days does not get stamped with an actual postmark with date. So it makes sense to me that they would allow all ballots received by the drop dead date if they don't have a postmark. If they have a date after Nov. 3, the ballot isn't counted.

We'll see if the Supremes get their noses under the tent.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Who says anti-Trumpists in NC aren’t as motivated as the Trumpists? Local news tonight reports the three counties in and around Wilmington, NC are looking for Republican volunteers to staff polling locations. All three have more than enough democratic volunteers.

Bend over and kiss your rump goodbye, Donald.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:41 pm Who says anti-Trumpists in NC aren’t as motivated as the Trumpists? Local news tonight reports the three counties in and around Wilmington, NC are looking for Republican volunteers to staff polling locations. All three have more than enough democratic volunteers.

Bend over and kiss your rump goodbye, Donald.

Maybe the rioting looting arson and intimidation tactics of Democrats are working.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

here we go!!!
my dad is 78. these guys have to be on something! they've gotta be juicing! letttt's gooooo!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trump is laughable.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:06 pm here we go!!!
my dad is 78. these guys have to be on something! they've gotta be juicing! letttt's gooooo!
I don’t post on the political threads often but 10 minutes in and I think a stump is better than both of these guys. It’s like listening to two 8th grade boys argue about....what I don’t know.

At the least they shoulp be able to turn off a microphone or two
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 pm
I don’t post on the political threads often but 10 minutes in and I think a stump is better than both of these guys. It’s like listening to two 8th grade boys argue about....what I don’t know.

At the least they should be able to turn off a microphone or two
without any rules this is a disaster so far. trump is the majority culprit.

i can only hope he and they'll tire of cutting in.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 pm

At the least they shoulp be able to turn off a microphone or two
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”