Johns Hopkins 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: Johns Hopkins 2025

Post by OCanada »

Steel Stanwick was an Assistant Lacrosse Coach in the teens. He enjoyed his time at JHU
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:11 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:17 am
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:03 pm Curious about Bing Burch's recruitment — IL's #33 ranked player, son of Sheehan Stanwick Burch and nephew(!!) to Steele, Wells, and Shack. Grew up a big Blue Jay fan from what I understand. Figured you could pencil him in as a Jay but he's probably doing the smart thing and taking other visits. Hope we ultimately end up with him, would be a cool story. I'm sure Georgetown where his mom went is interested too.
Burch is a Blue Jay

https://x.com/natlaxfed/status/1837152269793431729

Beyond the obvious family history it's good to get a highly ranked local kid to stay home
Not all recruits are the same. This one has direct connections to UVA/Georgetown and who knows how many other places including Hopkins and chose Hopkins. A Stanwick endorsement of Milliman is a big big deal. This is like a Manning choosing a school.
I feel like this is overstating the importance / how much of a coup this is but it certainly isn't a bad thing that he intends to "stay home" for college. I imagine he had other suitors but it sounds like we may have already had the inside line before the race began. Excellent news at any rate.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:12 pm I feel like this is overstating the importance
Oh - do you think? Look, I am glad he has committed to Hopkins - 99.99% because he's appears to be a good player with a high future. If it somehow helps future male children of the clan to come to Hopkins - great but would be a small input and I think that's probably several if not more year's away. It impacts no one else at all with the possible exception of a friend that might want to play with der Bingle. How great are these names? Incredible family.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Are there other stanwick family kids on the horizon? I imagine they will all be good
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

I'm struggling with the idea of a member of the Stanwick clan being a . . . . long stick? I guess someone has to play defense in the family games. Great news though.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:12 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:03 pm Curious about Bing Burch's recruitment — IL's #33 ranked player, son of Sheehan Stanwick Burch and nephew(!!) to Steele, Wells, and Shack. Grew up a big Blue Jay fan from what I understand. Figured you could pencil him in as a Jay but he's probably doing the smart thing and taking other visits. Hope we ultimately end up with him, would be a cool story. I'm sure Georgetown where his mom went is interested too.
Burch is a Blue Jay

Beyond the obvious family history it's good to get a highly ranked local kid to stay home
Not all recruits are the same. This one has direct connections to UVA/Georgetown and who knows how many other places including Hopkins and chose Hopkins. A Stanwick endorsement of Milliman is a big big deal. This is like a Manning choosing a school.
I feel like this is overstating the importance / how much of a coup this is but it certainly isn't a bad thing that he intends to "stay home" for college. I imagine he had other suitors but it sounds like we may have already had the inside line before the race began. Excellent news at any rate.
I don't follow recruiting too much but I'm sure one of you could come up with a list pretty quickly of all the kids with deep Hopkins ties who have not chosen homewood over the last decade. So to get a stanwick is a good thing.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:54 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:12 pm
Burch is a Blue Jay

I don't follow recruiting too much but I'm sure one of you could come up with a list pretty quickly of all the kids with deep Hopkins ties who have not chosen homewood over the last decade. So to get a stanwick is a good thing.
Jackson Morrill very prominently comes to mind. But if I recall, that's because Petro did not really pursue him.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”