D1 Mens Lacrosse
Nassaufan

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2021

Post by Nassaufan »

7-4 Drexel in Q2. Upset in the making?
calourie

Post by calourie »

Drexel is a solid team. Wouldn't be that big an upset.
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

No doubt Drexel is good, but UD is 4-0 and DU is 2-2 in CAA play. I would call that an upset.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Tigers Fairfield game is nerve racking.
12-11 Tigers.
Why do Tigers always play these type of games ?
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Great upset win over Delaware by the Dragons. Unfortunately, now that Drexel has beaten UMass and Delaware back-to-back, they will not be sneaking up on anyone.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Ryan Genord was out this game, Drexel played a
short bench, helped though by Reid Bowering’s
return.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:51 pm Tigers Fairfield game is nerve racking.
12-11 Tigers.
Why do Tigers always play these type of games ?
Tigers,
just a heart attack away,

7 games this year, decided by a total of 8 goals,
5 of the last 6 games decided by 1 goal,

sheesh !
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Some very knowledgeable lacrosse folks on this thread. I watch a lot of CAA lax. I happen to think it is one of top 4 conferences this year. Should get a at large. Going to ask simple question. Please Rate where you would put your favorite team in rankings(1-6). If ranking team first/second in categories, provide an explanation why. Attack, Offensive M, Def M,FO, G, Def,Coaching Towson Is team I back Attack 4. OM 5 DM 3. FO 6. G 1or2 Def/Lpm1.
Coaching. 1or2
My reason for rating Towson G 1/2 and Def 1 is simple. Most non educated lax folks strictly look at goals ave per game or Save %. I look at 3 other things. Strength of schedule(Towson by far has toughest) Then Time of possession. Towson plays Def about 34/35 min per game) Last is how many shot clock violations does Def cause. Coaching think Nads and company always get most out of team they have. Towson is a solid team that has had few heartbreaking losses. They just keep working and giving everything they have. Says a lot about team and staff.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Neverplaydown wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:42 pm Some very knowledgeable lacrosse folks on this thread. I watch a lot of CAA lax. I happen to think it is one of top 4 conferences this year. Should get a at large. Going to ask simple question. Please Rate where you would put your favorite team in rankings(1-6). If ranking team first/second in categories, provide an explanation why. Attack, Offensive M, Def M,FO, G, Def,Coaching Towson Is team I back Attack 4. OM 5 DM 3. FO 6. G 1or2 Def/Lpm1.
Coaching. 1or2
My reason for rating Towson G 1/2 and Def 1 is simple. Most non educated lax folks strictly look at goals ave per game or Save %. I look at 3 other things. Strength of schedule(Towson by far has toughest) Then Time of possession. Towson plays Def about 34/35 min per game) Last is how many shot clock violations does Def cause. Coaching think Nads and company always get most out of team they have. Towson is a solid team that has had few heartbreaking losses. They just keep working and giving everything they have. Says a lot about team and staff.
Nice post, but we are in the meat of the schedule. Towson in 7 days has FF, HOF, and UMASS. Let’s see how things pan out .
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Per usual,
the CAA teams beating the daylights out of each other.

The Tigers as pointed out, 3 games in 7 days,
a major grind.

But also, the Dutch, 3 games in 8 days.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

As mentioned a bunch this year, it is tough to beat any conference opponent twice in a season. This year, CAA teams may be asked to do it three times to win the conference tourney.

So far this year, UMass has split games with Hofstra and Drexel while Delaware has so far only split with Drexel. Towson will have the opportunity to split with Hofstra, Drexel and Delaware over the next two weeks. Huge home game for the Tigers tomorrow vs Hofstra. The only CAA sweep so far has been Delaware beating Fairfield twice.

Not sure what criteria will be used for tie breakers in order to determine who gets into the CAA tournament. The unbalanced conference schedule makes that a challenge, I believe.

Regardless of which team ends up with the top seed, they'll still have to win two games on Long Island (May 6th and 8th) in order to get into the big dance. These teams are so closely matched, I don't want to begin guessing. But Go Hens!
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

whats Hof gonna do about attendance at the CAA playoffs?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Another great game tomorrow,
TUESDAY, APRIL 13
TIME
GAME
M/W
NETWORK

12 p.m. Hofstra at Towson Men TowsonTigers.com

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/towson/
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

Neverplaydown wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:42 pm Some very knowledgeable lacrosse folks on this thread. I watch a lot of CAA lax. I happen to think it is one of top 4 conferences this year. Should get a at large. Going to ask simple question. Please Rate where you would put your favorite team in rankings(1-6). If ranking team first/second in categories, provide an explanation why. Attack, Offensive M, Def M,FO, G, Def,Coaching Towson Is team I back Attack 4. OM 5 DM 3. FO 6. G 1or2 Def/Lpm1.
Coaching. 1or2
Getting an at large may be tough...
calourie

Post by calourie »

I love watching CAA lacrosse, but doubt it is a 2 bid league. Not only do the CAA teams eat their own , but they really have no signature wins.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Missed this earlier,

LSN reported during Hofstra - UMass game,
Alex Concannon is expected back this season,

prior to CAAs ?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

calourie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:59 pm I love watching CAA lacrosse, but doubt it is a 2 bid league. Not only do the CAA teams eat their own , but they really have no signature wins.
They do eat their own, they beat the daylights out of each other.
Its tremendous lacrosse, generally free from unwanted
drama.
The Towson-Delaware overtime game, the Hofstra-UMass
recent game, the Hofstra-Stony Brook 20-17 Ryan Tierney
11 point game.
There just aren’t enough at large slots, not that the NCAA
should increase the at large number.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Weekly CAA Awards,
MEN'S LACROSSE
4/13/2021 10:52:41 AM
CAA MEN'S LACROSSE WEEKLY AWARDS - APRIL 13
RICHMOND, Va. (April 32, 2021) – Drexel senior attack Aidan Coll is this week’s winner of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Men’s Lacrosse Player of the Week, while Towson redshirt freshman attack Andrew Milani earns CAA Rookie of the Week honors.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Aidan Coll, Drexel
Senior | Attack | Litchfield, Conn./The Hill School
Aidan Coll scored a career-high five goals in the 12-9 win at No. 12 Delaware on Saturday. Coll also had an assist, which tied his career-high with six points, as the Dragons won for the fourth straight time and had their second straight win against a top 20 team. Coll had two goals in the third quarter, as the Dragons to a 12-7 lead into the final period.

ROOKIE OF THE WEEK:
Andrew Milani, Towson
Redshirt Freshman | Attack | Catonsville, Md./St. Paul’s
Andrew Milani had another game-winning goal in another Towson one-goal affair. The Catonsville, Maryland native was integral to Towson’s come-from-behind win over Fairfield on Saturday, scoring two goals and three assists in the final 16 minutes of the game. In the fourth, he scored a game-tying goal to make it 10-10 before scoring what stood up as the game-winner, a nifty behind-the-back goal with 5:50 to play. His assist in final minute of the third quarter sparked a six-goal run for the Tigers for the 12-11 win.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

You’ve got the Hens at 4 and 1.
Then the others except Fairfield,

3 & 2, 3 & 2, 3 & 2, 2 & 3,

sheesh !!!
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

10 Stone 5,

Not that I want mayhem. But there is a scenario after Saturday's games where the leading 4 teams are all 4-2. Not a likely scenario but if Hofstra beats Delaware, UMass beats Towson and Drexel beats Fairfield - Hofstra, Drexel, Delaware and UMass are all 4-2. You want to talk "Sheesh."

I like the other scenario where Delaware beats Hofstra, Towson beats UMass and Fairfield beats Drexel. Then Delaware is 5-1, Hofstra, Drexel, Towson and UMass are ALL 3-3. NOW THAT IS MAYHEM!!!! :lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”