The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: SCOTUS

Post by youthathletics »

Keep an eye on Jeff Flake's purchases over the next year. My guess, he adds another 5k sq/ft to his home, a new sports car, and his wife sports new jewelry. Would be interested to see his tax return/investments as well.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:Keep an eye on Jeff Flake's purchases over the next year. My guess, he adds another 5k sq/ft to his home, a new sports car, and his wife sports new jewelry. Would be interested to see his tax return/investments as well.
Wow, youth, that sort of accusation, if serious, is below you.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Can someone explain how the FBI is getting involved? I read last week on this forum that the FBI does not investigate these types of situations? Someone should call Wray and tell him he is wrong.

What a douche
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Keep an eye on Jeff Flake's purchases over the next year. My guess, he adds another 5k sq/ft to his home, a new sports car, and his wife sports new jewelry. Would be interested to see his tax return/investments as well. EDIT: ;)
I forgot the winky emoji.

EDIT: Forgot to add sarcasm emoji at original post time. Thanks for calling me out.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote:
youthathletics wrote:This could get interesting. IF and a big IF the FBI comes back with a clean bill of health on BK for the 7th time, what does the left do and how do they vote.
You mean how do they voted on confirmation? If they know what's good for them, it's a big fat no. Voting for Kav would be calling Dr. Ford a liar in the eyes of 100% of liberals.

Every lib I know is livid. Question is: with the election in six weeks, does this spike D voter turnout? If it does, look out Republican party.
Who cares about liberals, the republicans have a women problem. :lol: Unless women are convinced a complete investigation has been done this is not going to go away. This investigation is going to go for a week and see where they are. If there is progress, but the FBI needs more time, women will insist on more time, and they will not take no for an answer. Kavanaugh and the repubicans need to decide whether they want the investigation to proceed in private -- the FBI, or Dr. Ford's lawyers and Montgomery County Police, with private investigators doing the leg work to feed into the Montgomery County system. You have no idea what Ford's lawyers might already be in the process of developing. Someone yesterday was wondering what Dr. Ford was going to do with $.5 million in her gofundme account. She and her attorneys have infinite money to spend, more than they will ever need, through this mechanism, all they have to do is ask. They will need far less than what it takes to run a Presidential campaign.

The smart move is for Kavanaugh to withdraw, the chances of him coming out of this with his name intact is ZERO. He will be lucky to come out of it without a perjury charge if the FBI gets turned on. The republicans are just wasting more of their time before the election. The republicans can end this anytime they like. I don't know what it will take to call off the women. The republicans moving on with their SCOTUS pick doesn't mean the women vs Kavanaugh will. That is a separate negotiation.

We live in interesting times.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Keep an eye on Jeff Flake's purchases over the next year. My guess, he adds another 5k sq/ft to his home, a new sports car, and his wife sports new jewelry. Would be interested to see his tax return/investments as well. EDIT: ;)

EDIT: Forgot to add sarcasm emoji at original post time. Thanks for calling me out.
It seemed out of character...we really do need a few more emoji's! :)

These are nutso times; we need to keep giving each other, regardless of whether we agree or disagree on something, at least the space to explain themselves and definitely not assume the worst of each other. Be well.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wonder why Ford would want a second door, yet host complete google intern strangers?
~Livy
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:

It seemed out of character...we really do need a few more emoji's! :)

These are nutso times; we need to keep giving each other, regardless of whether we agree or disagree on something, at least the space to explain themselves and definitely not assume the worst of each other. Be well.
What has surprised me more than anything is how great Kavanaugh’s background is on paper, but he is one of the least impressive people I have ever seen sit in front of Congress. This is the best we can do? Jeez, we have fallen.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Yesterday this Kavanagh(?) chap screwed the pooch big time. His attitude toward women is, of course, appalling...but common knowledge. His Charley Brown ("why's everybody always picking on me) like outburst, attacking everyone but his mamma, was evidence that he is unfit to serve in the SC.

If someone came before him who was within 6 degrees of separation from the Clintons, a Democrat, a person that didn't belong to a country club or a was a moderate drinker, abandon all hope.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-k ... s%20Select
Typical Lax Dad

wahoomurf wrote:Yesterday this Kavanagh(?) chap screwed the pooch big time. His attitude toward women is, of course, appalling...but common knowledge. His Charley Brown ("why's everybody always picking on me) like outburst, attacking everyone but his mamma, was evidence that he is unfit to serve in the SC.

If someone came before him who was within 6 degrees of separation from the Clintons, a Democrat, a person that didn't belong to a country club or a was a moderate drinker, abandon all hope.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-k ... s%20Select
Low quality individual. Find a better candidate....a liar at worst...untruthful at best. I wouldn’t accept those kinds of answers from employees let alone someone I am looking to hire.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:What has surprised me more than anything is how great Kavanaugh’s background is on paper, but he is one of the least impressive people I have ever seen sit in front of Congress. This is the best we can do? Jeez, we have fallen.
Compare his demeanor to C Justice Roberts. Roberts looked and acted like a judge. Impeccable CV.

Finally watched Kavanaugh's full testimony. Wow, did he look like a the three spoiled prep kids from Scent of a Woman. He brought up the Dems? The Clintons? The election? And this is supposed to be a smart man? He acted like a child who lost his lolly.

Hey Kavanaugh: for those of us with IQ's above room temperature, we all see that the correct play is to comport yourself with dignity and few words. You let the R Senators act like wild dogs.....that way you can look cool, calm, and collected...while still venting spleen. You did none of these things, you boob. Clarence Thomas did a better job in his hearing, and that's saying something.

Straight from the BAR Assn.:

Rule 1.2: Promoting Confidence in the Judiciary
A judge shall act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence in the independence,* integrity,* and impartiality* of the judiciary, and shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.

After watching that mess of a hearing, I wouldn't hire Kavanaugh to watch my dog, let alone sit on a Federal bench after that performance. Geez, dude. Not a bright moment for you.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

George Washington, in his 1796 Farewell Address, warned against "the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally," which was quickly disregarded as political parties took hold.

Washington warned then of what we see today.

"It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions."

Madison and Jefferson made similar warnings too.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

jhu72 wrote:the republicans have a women problem. :lol: Unless women are convinced a complete investigation has been done this is not going to go away.
I wouldn't be too sure of that jhu. Yes, within certain women groups the R's have a problem - and they always will. But I have read and talked to a LOT of women who say things along the line of: "I have sons, grandsons, brothers, a father and a husband who are all at risk of being destroyed at the whim of an accusation." They equate that senate hearing to McCarthy-like inquiries.

heck, I have had women tell me, "who cares if he even did it, all she's talking about is a little dry hump and ineptly trying to feel her up" :shock:

there are a LOT of different perspectives out there. :?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

thatsmell wrote:George Washington, in his 1796 Farewell Address, warned against "the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally," which was quickly disregarded as political parties took hold.

Washington warned then of what we see today.

"It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions."

Madison and Jefferson made similar warnings too.
Yep.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:What has surprised me more than anything is how great Kavanaugh’s background is on paper, but he is one of the least impressive people I have ever seen sit in front of Congress. This is the best we can do? Jeez, we have fallen.
Compare his demeanor to C Justice Roberts. Roberts looked and acted like a judge. Impeccable CV.

Finally watched Kavanaugh's full testimony. Wow, did he look like a the three spoiled prep kids from Scent of a Woman. He brought up the Dems? The Clintons? The election? And this is supposed to be a smart man? He acted like a child who lost his lolly.

Hey Kavanaugh: for those of us with IQ's above room temperature, we all see that the correct play is to comport yourself with dignity and few words. You let the R Senators act like wild dogs.....that way you can look cool, calm, and collected...while still venting spleen. You did none of these things, you boob. Clarence Thomas did a better job in his hearing, and that's saying something.

Straight from the BAR Assn.:

Rule 1.2: Promoting Confidence in the Judiciary
A judge shall act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence in the independence,* integrity,* and impartiality* of the judiciary, and shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.

After watching that mess of a hearing, I wouldn't hire Kavanaugh to watch my dog, let alone sit on a Federal bench after that performance. Geez, dude. Not a bright moment for you.
His opening statement was disqualifying in my mind. It was down hill from there.....when asked if he ever passed out from drinking, he said, I have never passed out but I have fallen asleep. He fails rule 1.2 on many levels. Find a better conservative candidate. It should not be hard. When asked about the ralphing references in his year book he came up with some lame lie about eating food that disagreed with his stomach......are people supposed to be stupid? It's not about those things being important.....it's a matter of his truthfulness today. There are so many things he has shaded the truth on, he could be up for perjury. He has been a political operative more than a judge and it shows. We don't need a Supreme Court judge with an agenda. A bias is fine but an agenda is something different.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote:Wonder why Ford would want a second door, yet host complete google intern strangers?
claustrophobia - afraid of being closed in, not having an alternative way out.
Last edited by jhu72 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Kavanaugh should have taken a page from this book but he is what he is. He was exposed. I still can't get over how unimpressive he was.....constantly looking over to the senators to throw him a life raft whenever he took on water.....
Typical Lax Dad

Cry a river for Kavanaugh.....how must Garland feel.....

A left wing nut is going to walk through the doors of the White House in 12-16 years and it ain't going to be pretty......thanks GOP....you proved traditions and norms don't matter....
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”