Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Taliban reclaims Afghanistan

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:27 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am Hopefully this Taliban-approved evacuation flight of Americans and other allies to Quatar today will be the first of many.

Others are crossing the border into Pakistan.

Hope those other private rescue flights that have been held up are allowed in and out safely.

Meanwhile, "patriots"🙃 root for disaster...
Nice attempt at spin. You don't have to be a patriot to understand what a disaster looks like. In case you didn't notice, which apparently you have not, the disaster already occured. The adults now have to try and clean up your girlfriend's f***up. Let's concentrate on Covid Vax for all federal employees. The clutch is engaged but you can hear the gears grinding in the Biden administration.
uh huh, "patriot" 🙃..I guess you're finally admitting that you're nothing but another angry partisan, not a patriot who actually cares about American lives.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:31 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am Hopefully this Taliban-approved evacuation flight of Americans and other allies to Quatar today will be the first of many.

Hope those other private rescue flights that have been held up are allowed in and out safely.

Nice attempt at spin. You don't have to be a patriot to understand what a disaster looks like. In case you didn't notice, which apparently you have not, the disaster already occured. The adults now have to try and clean up your girlfriend's f***up. Let's concentrate on Covid Vax for all federal employees. The clutch is engaged but you can hear the gears grinding in the Biden administration.
uh huh, "patriot" 🙃..I guess you're finally admitting that you're nothing but another angry partisan, not a patriot who actually cares about American lives.
Sorta like all you angry "patriots" who spent 4 years ripping on trump? When did you serve your country and what branch did you serve in again? Being a lax goalie doesn't exactly make you a patriot. ;) You are confusing anger for frustration. I'm too old to be angry anymore. Your never too old to be frustrated by incompetent people, especially politicians.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:43 am

Sorta like all you angry "patriots" who spent 4 years ripping on trump? When did you serve your country and what branch did you serve in again? Being a lax goalie doesn't exactly make you a patriot. ;) You are confusing anger for frustration. I'm too old to be angry anymore. Your never too old to be frustrated by incompetent people, especially politicians.
Fine, frustrated old man who never went to war, never managed a large budget, never: hired many people, built a company, or many companies, served on non-profit boards. A grunt in the peacetime military makes you a "patriot"?

Seriously, I'm not actually questioning your patriotism, but I am questioning your vitriol toward fellow Americans based on party.

Sure, I "ripped on Trump" but not as a partisan.
Gross corruption, dishonesty and incompetence, nativism, racism, misogyny...authoritarianism...one does not need to be a partisan for either side to find these traits abhorrent in a POTUS.

But you hate Dems and despise "RINO's"...applaud the right wing at nearly every turn (not completely, which is why I bother to discuss with you).

IMO, You've fallen into this rathole of "disaster" in Afghanistan as something you actually seem to want to see play out in the worst possible ways and you make fun of efforts to reduce the number of people in America infected and dying from Covid...neither IMO is reflective of an actual "patriot". But a "patriot"🙃 yes.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:59 am

Fine, frustrated old man who never went to war, never managed a large budget, never: hired many people, built a company, or many companies, served on non-profit boards. A grunt in the peacetime military makes you a "patriot"?

Seriously, I'm not actually questioning your patriotism, but I am questioning your vitriol toward fellow Americans based on party.

Gross corruption, dishonesty and incompetence, nativism, racism, misogyny...authoritarianism...one does not need to be a partisan for either side to find these traits abhorrent in a POTUS.

But you hate Dems and despise "RINO's"...applaud the right wing at nearly every turn (not completely, which is why I bother to discuss with you).

IMO, You've fallen into this rathole of "disaster" in Afghanistan as something you actually seem to want to see play out in the worst possible ways and you make fun of efforts to reduce the number of people in America infected and dying from Covid...neither IMO is reflective of an actual "patriot". But a "patriot"🙃 yes.
This peace time patriot also saw my own share of death. January 8 1982 my unit made a night jump over St. Mere Englise DZ. It was a windy rainy night. Bravo company flew back to Pope AFB because it was to windy for them to jump. My unit A Company 2/508 loaded up on the C130s figuring we would not jump either. Wrongo we were. There was a one star general there to observe a nightime parachute jump. Our battalion commander was going to show him how "tough" his men were. I helped a young paratrooper named Michael Rickettson put on his chute and helped him rig up the drop line on his weapons case and ruck sack. We chatted since like me he was from NYS. He was making his "cherry blast" with his unit. Your cherry blast is your first jump with your unit. He jumped a few troopers before me. The wind was too much that night. He hit his head when he landed and drowned in a mud puddle on the DZ. I was there when I heard someone scream for the medivac. I held him in my arms when they said he was gone. I'm sorry I wasn't the combat warrior of your dreams. Until I left the Army the steel pot he wore that night, still covered in dried mud sat on top of my locker. F**K YOU ... Hardly a day has gone by where I have not thought about that night.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We’ve all experienced death. You’re nothing special and I have no basis to believe you are anymore competent than politicians. What on your resume indicates you aren’t a bigger hack than all these folks?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm We’ve all experienced death. You’re nothing special and I have no basis to believe you are anymore competent than politicians. What on your resume indicates you aren’t a bigger hack than all these folks?
We have all experienced death. Very seldom do any of us hold that person in our arms and question ourself if we did something wrong. I wouldn't expect you to understand. You ever felt you might have been responsible for someone dying? Thanks for your kind comments.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kudos to you cradle. The audacity for MD's comparison based on lists that are not life threatening each day is quite pompous. For as much as he says he hates Trump, he sure sounds exactly like the braggadocious Trump that he hates so much.:lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm We’ve all experienced death. You’re nothing special and I have no basis to believe you are anymore competent than politicians. What on your resume indicates you aren’t a bigger hack than all these folks?
We have all experienced death. Very seldom do any of us hold that person in our arms and question ourself if we did something wrong. I wouldn't expect you to understand. You ever felt you might have been responsible for someone dying? Thanks for your kind comments.
Yes I feel responsible for my father dying. He got c diff after a three month stretch of ischemia in the hospital where he couldn’t have a hip replacement finally getting the surgery. I pulled him out of the rehab place post hospital after three weeks because he wasn’t getting enough therapy there and got him in home. This was after moving him columbus day weekend 2011 from Binghamton to Atlanta because he was divorced his parents were gone my sister was in Cali and we were going to start a family. When I wasn’t traveling for work I was around him, cleaning up the apt but working a lot and my wife was pregnant with our first child. I was annoyed with him for being a Luddite and not always answering his phone so I rolled into his (unlocked apartment) Saturday morning about to rip him for not answering his phone and I found him laying face first on the floor because he had fallen the night before and literally couldn’t get back up. I got him up, was picking him up to take him to our place to watch the Hobart-Denver lacrosse game. We sat there he had some oj then said he was ok to go. So I’m taking him down the hallway in our apartment, he’s got the walker being older with the most crippling form of rheumatoid arthritis a person could have (got an ulcer from crappy medication for it in the 80s even, this was second hip replacement he had no cartilage in his body). Passes out in the hallway and spent a week in icu from septic shock before dying Easter night. Son was born in Aug that year barely buried him.

Oh and beyond convincing him to moving south and not doing enough for him to stay alive the entire hip replacement was supposed to be planned but he called me the Friday between thanksgiving and that CFB sat where I was running the Ga Tech/UGA tailgait instead of those nerds, had a margarita machine for Mexican theme with the coup de gras being a custom made Bulldog piñata with werthers (gold and black like yellowjackets) inside. He thought he had a heart attack. I spent most of the night in emergency room with him they tested the sh*t out of him found nothing so I took him to our place at like 2am. Around 3:30 I hear banging and told jen she needed to get the door because I was murderous tired but turns out my dad had fallen in the other bathroom and couldn’t get up breaking the turd out of the hip that we planned on getting the surgery on once he was settled. He had pneumonia and the hospital didn’t catch it. So now he needs the replacement on the spot and we’re heading to India and Nepal for 3 weeks before I was going to plant the seed, which I did in the trip, the only good thing in me is my shot. Having helped him summer before my FR yr at Hobart when he had his first replacement I figured he’d be well into rehab from surgery by the time we got back but nothing had occurred he couldn’t pass food or fluids and they couldn’t figure out why but they sure as sh*t didn’t do any oral care because I had to nearly get arrested to get a nurse to clean his tongue which had a yellow coating on it.

So I brought my father south and effectively killed him. Recall the doctor in ICU starting the “hey we can’t get dialysis in on 2nd try and can’t get him more adrenaline so..” to which I cut him off and politely told him I hear you but am not ready. Saw the (smoking hot) nurses come out bloody like Sweeney Todd from a third try and I asked them to call the doc back because this turd wasn’t fair to anyone else in the hospital. As I started to choke out the “heck it pull the plug” he flatlined and saved me from that.

So you any be older than me and have some tough times but you don’t know jack and are just a bitter, old man. I’m at least trying to have a life here, make people around me happier or better and move forward even if it’s hard while you keep being a biyach.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:26 pm
Yes I feel responsible for my father dying. He got c diff after a three month stretch of ischemia in the hospital where he couldn’t have a hip replacement finally getting the surgery. I pulled him out of the rehab place post hospital after three weeks because he wasn’t getting enough therapy there and got him in home. This was after moving him columbus day weekend 2011 from Binghamton to Atlanta because he was divorced his parents were gone my sister was in Cali and we were going to start a family. When I wasn’t traveling for work I was around him, cleaning up the apt but working a lot and my wife was pregnant with our first child. I was annoyed with him for being a Luddite and not always answering his phone so I rolled into his (unlocked apartment) Saturday morning about to rip him for not answering his phone and I found him laying face first on the floor because he had fallen the night before and literally couldn’t get back up. I got him up, was picking him up to take him to our place to watch the Hobart-Denver lacrosse game. We sat there he had some ok then said he was ok to go. So I’m taking him down the hallway in our apartment, he’s got the walker being older with the most crippling form of rheumatoid arthritis a person could have (got an ulcer from crappy medication for it in the 80s even, this was second hip replacement he had no cartilage in his body). Passes out in the hallway and spent a week in icu from septic shock before dying Easter night. Son was born in Aug that year barely buried him.

Oh and beyond convincing him to moving south and not doing enough for him to stay alive the entire hip replacement was supposed to be planned but he called me the Friday between thanksgiving and that CFB sat where I was running the Ga Tech/UGA tailgait instead of those nerds, had a margarita machine for Mexican theme with the coup de gras being a custom made Bulldog piñata with werthers (gold and black like yellowjackets) inside. He thought he had a heart attack. I spent most of the night in emergency room with him they tested the sh*t out of him found nothing so I took him to our place at like 2am. Around 3:30 I hear banging and told jen she needed to get the door because I was murderous tired but turns out my dad had fallen in the other bathroom and couldn’t get up breaking the turd out of the hip that we planned on getting the surgery on once he was settled. He had pneumonia and the hospital didn’t catch it. So now he needs the replacement on the spot and we’re heading to India and Nepal for 3 weeks before I was going to plant the seed, which I did in the trip, the only good thing in me is my shot. Having helped him summer before my FR yr at Hobart when he had his first replacement I figured he’d be well into rehab from surgery by the time we got back but nothing had occurred he couldn’t pass food or fluids and they couldn’t figure out why but they sure as sh*t didn’t do any oral care because I had to nearly get arrested to get a nurse to clean his tongue which had a yellow coating on it.

So I brought my father south and effectively killed him. Recall the doctor in ICU starting the “hey we can’t get dialysis in on 2nd try and can’t get him more adrenaline so..” to which I cut him off and politely told him I hear you but am not ready. Saw the (smoking hot) nurses come out bloody like Sweeney Todd from a third try and I asked them to call the doc back because this turd wasn’t fair to anyone else in the hospital. As I started to choke out the “heck it pull the plug” he flatlined and saved me from that.

So you any be older than me and have some tough times but you don’t know jack and are just a bitter, old man. I’m at least trying to have a life here, make people around me happier or better and move forward even if it’s hard while you keep being a biyach.
I don't know if I know jack or not. I never claimed I did. I can relate to you with your experience with your dad. My brother and sisters and I watched my dad die from dementia. For the last six months of his life he was in hospice care. He didn't know who any of his kids were. Damned if he always remembered my dog Tugger even when he didn't know who I was anymore. It sucks beyond words watching someone you love dying in front of your eyes in bits and pieces. My wife's mom died suddenly of a massive heart attack dancing with her friends at a birthday party. She was 48. I told my wife that for what it was worth her mom doing something she loved and passed away with her family and friends by her side. My dad died all alone with none of us there to hold his hand and comfort him. FTR I am not angry or bitter or resentful against any human being. I do have painful memories that never go away completely. I think most all of us here share similar memories.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:26 pm
Yes I feel responsible for my father dying. He got c diff after a three month stretch of ischemia in the hospital where he couldn’t have a hip replacement finally getting the surgery. I pulled him out of the rehab place post hospital after three weeks because he wasn’t getting enough therapy there and got him in home. This was after moving him columbus day weekend 2011 from Binghamton to Atlanta because he was divorced his parents were gone my sister was in Cali and we were going to start a family. When I wasn’t traveling for work I was around him, cleaning up the apt but working a lot and my wife was pregnant with our first child. I was annoyed with him for being a Luddite and not always answering his phone so I rolled into his (unlocked apartment) Saturday morning about to rip him for not answering his phone and I found him laying face first on the floor because he had fallen the night before and literally couldn’t get back up. I got him up, was picking him up to take him to our place to watch the Hobart-Denver lacrosse game. We sat there he had some ok then said he was ok to go. So I’m taking him down the hallway in our apartment, he’s got the walker being older with the most crippling form of rheumatoid arthritis a person could have (got an ulcer from crappy medication for it in the 80s even, this was second hip replacement he had no cartilage in his body). Passes out in the hallway and spent a week in icu from septic shock before dying Easter night. Son was born in Aug that year barely buried him.

I don't know if I know jack or not. I never claimed I did. I can relate to you with your experience with your dad. My brother and sisters and I watched my dad die from dementia. For the last six months of his life he was in hospice care. He didn't know who any of his kids were. Damned if he always remembered my dog Tugger even when he didn't know who I was anymore. It sucks beyond words watching someone you love dying in front of your eyes in bits and pieces. My wife's mom died suddenly of a massive heart attack dancing with her friends at a birthday party. She was 48. I told my wife that for what it was worth her mom doing something she loved and passed away with her family and friends by her side. My dad died all alone with none of us there to hold his hand and comfort him. FTR I am not angry or bitter or resentful against any human being. I do have painful memories that never go away completely. I think most all of us here share similar memories.
You asked the question and I answered. I doubt you thought you’d get such an answer though when you presented the question.

As I’ve already discussed my mother died alone spring of 20 because of stupid Covid and I wasn’t allowed in the hospital the last couple of months before she died. That wasn’t my fault but I know she died worries about me so you could argue...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:12 pm Kudos to you cradle. The audacity for MD's comparison based on lists that are not life threatening each day is quite pompous. For as much as he says he hates Trump, he sure sounds exactly like the braggadocious Trump that he hates so much.:lol:
Youth, excuse me?
cradle was making light of Americans dying of Covid, and at the same time cheering for 'disaster' in Afghanistan. But otherwise this had nothing to do with "life threatening" or death. But if you want to go there, ok.

I'd commented that "patriots" were rooting for bad outcomes in our exit from Afghanistan, cheering for "disaster".

He attacked me as not having "served my country", "which branch did you serve in", the cranky response of those who think having simply been in the military service provides some sort of nobility...but it's a far cry from those who have been actually risking their lives in Afghanistan, several of whom I know personally.

cradle did not risk his life in war, he risked his life in the peacetime military no more than lots of other, non-military people do every day in their personal and professional lives. There are all sorts of jobs that "serve" one's community, one's country, including many in which there is direct physical risk.

And others that actually save lives.

I was speaking more generally about the various ways other posters have 'served'; but more specific to me, I certainly believe that multiple of the companies I've helped build have not only employed a whole lot of people, they have actually saved lives. The company I'm currently helping build and run certainly does so. If we're successful, and that remains a big if, we will have helped millions of Americans live healthier, longer and happier lives.

so, please don't lecture me about "service" to my country or fellow Americans...not while making light of the efforts of doctors and nurses and scientists trying very hard to save lives from Covid, despite the obstinance of the partisan, "frustrated".

cradle, I'll address the personal tragedy you experienced separately.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:59 am

This peace time patriot also saw my own share of death. January 8 1982 my unit made a night jump over St. Mere Englise DZ. It was a windy rainy night. Bravo company flew back to Pope AFB because it was to windy for them to jump. My unit A Company 2/508 loaded up on the C130s figuring we would not jump either. Wrongo we were. There was a one star general there to observe a nightime parachute jump. Our battalion commander was going to show him how "tough" his men were. I helped a young paratrooper named Michael Rickettson put on his chute and helped him rig up the drop line on his weapons case and ruck sack. We chatted since like me he was from NYS. He was making his "cherry blast" with his unit. Your cherry blast is your first jump with your unit. He jumped a few troopers before me. The wind was too much that night. He hit his head when he landed and drowned in a mud puddle on the DZ. I was there when I heard someone scream for the medivac. I held him in my arms when they said he was gone. I'm sorry I wasn't the combat warrior of your dreams. Until I left the Army the steel pot he wore that night, still covered in dried mud sat on top of my locker. F**K YOU ... Hardly a day has gone by where I have not thought about that night.
I think you've previously shared this tragedy with us. I'm sure it was traumatic, awful.

Yes, training exercises in the military can be quite dangerous, especially when someone up the chain of command thinks that being 'tough' is worth the risk to the actual soldiers.

My dad was a young Army LT...peacetime, right after Korea. He was assigned to an amphibious assault unit, out of Virginia Beach. Great lifestyle, many a fun story...but not all ...I forget all the terminology, but they were ordered to do a training exercise in what was predicted to be a bad noreaster. He raised his hand, overruled...tragically lost 4 men from his unit when one of the boats (WWII vintage) swamped...initially he was blamed for the "accident" but he'd recently done a full re-write and update to the training manual and they'd worked it...but the weather didn't care about training...he was later deployed to Arctic Circle to work on the DEW line. Proud of his service, but glad to be out and moving on with his life.

He never claimed any sort of nobility or superiority for having served.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:12 pm Kudos to you cradle. The audacity for MD's comparison based on lists that are not life threatening each day is quite pompous. For as much as he says he hates Trump, he sure sounds exactly like the braggadocious Trump that he hates so much.:lol:
Youth, excuse me?
cradle was making light of Americans dying of Covid, and at the same time cheering for 'disaster' in Afghanistan. But otherwise this had nothing to do with "life threatening" or death. But if you want to go there, ok.

I'd commented that "patriots" were rooting for bad outcomes in our exit from Afghanistan, cheering for "disaster".

He attacked me as not having "served my country", "which branch did you serve in", the cranky response of those who think having simply been in the military service provides some sort of nobility...but it's a far cry from those who have been actually risking their lives in Afghanistan, several of whom I know personally.

cradle did not risk his life in war, he risked his life in the peacetime military no more than lots of other, non-military people do every day in their personal and professional lives. There are all sorts of jobs that "serve" one's community, one's country, including many in which there is direct physical risk.

I was speaking more generally about the various ways other posters have 'served'; but more specific to me, I certainly believe that multiple of the companies I've helped build have not only employed a whole lot of people, they have actually saved lives. The company I'm currently helping build and run certainly does so. If we're successful, and that remains a big if, we will have helped millions of Americans live healthier, longer and happier lives.

so, please don't lecture me about "service" to my country or fellow Americans...not while making light of the efforts of doctors and nurses and scientists trying very hard to save lives from Covid, despite the obstinance of the partisan, "frustrated".

You view ivy league grads in the same vein, yes?

carry on......Uniformed soldiers (some ) are out.

What's the budget look like, for spending on Afghanistan, in the current budget being parlayed ?

Come on now, sleuths....we ain't OUT until the budget is cut. IN this case, by 99%. Has that occured, or does the CARES act contain decades long software service and private "rambo" units.....getting sum
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:17 pm
Youth, excuse me?

You view ivy league grads in the same vein, yes?

carry on......Uniformed soldiers (some ) are out.

What's the budget look like, for spending on Afghanistan, in the current budget being parlayed ?

Come on now, sleuths....we ain't OUT until the budget is cut. IN this case, by 99%. Has that occured, or does the CARES act contain decades long software service and private "rambo" units.....getting sum
In the same vein as what?
No, certainly Ivy grads have no claim to any sort of noble calling or service.
Some might, but not by virtue of their "Ivy" status.

rrr, I'm glad our folks are no longer in a shooting war.
However, there are legit reasons to influence through soft power.
That's not free.
But no, the CARES Act is not the budget for such.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:51 pm

rrr, I'm glad our folks are no longer in a shooting war.
However, there are legit reasons to influence through soft power.
That's not free.
But no, the CARES Act is not the budget for such.
No funds, at all, in the CARES act, for our military branches.

Nope.....none. geez, Money, and LOTS of it....for our military. It mite want to educate yourself. FIND word-military.

https://www.congress.gov/116/plaws/publ ... ubl136.pdf

starts on page 238

TITLE III
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
MILITARY PERSONNEL
NATIONAL GUARD PERSONNEL, ARMY
For an additional amount for ‘National Guard Personnel,
Army’’, $746,591,000,

Air
Force’’, $482,125,000, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to
coronavirus, domestically or internationally:

‘‘Operation and Maintenance,
Army’’, $160,300,000, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to
coronavirus, domestically or internationally

Navy’’, $360,308,000, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to

Marine Corps’’, $90,000,000, to prevent, prepare for, and respond
to coronavirus, domestically or internationally:

Air Force’’, $155,000,000, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to

Army Reserve’’, $48,000,000, to prevent, prepare for, and respond
to coronavirus, domestically or internationally:

and so many, many, many more. Pathetic. Nice money grap, war is a racquet gang.

and, why not, just throw in a couple of billion for, you know, this and that

‘‘Defense Production Act Purchases’’, $1,000,000,000, to remain available until expended, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus, domestically or internationally: Provided, That for the two-year period beginning with
the date of enactment of this Act, the requirements described in
Section 301(a)(3)(A) and 302(c)(1) of Public Law 81–774, shall be
waived: Provided further, That such amount is designated by the
Congress as being for an emergency requirement pursuant to section
251(b)(2)(A)(i) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.
REVOLVING AND MANAGEMENT FUNDS
DEFENSE WORKING CAPITAL FUNDS
For an additional amount for ‘‘Defense Working Capital Funds’’,
$1,450,000,000, to prevent, position, prepare for, and respond to
coronavirus, domestically or internationally: Provided, That of the
amount provided under this heading in this Act, $475,000,000 shall
be for the Navy Working Capital Fund, $475,000,000 shall be for
the Air Force Working Capital Fund, and $500,000,000 shall be
for the Defense-Wide Working Capital Fund: Provided further, That
such amount is designated by the Congress as being for an emergency requirement pursuant to section 251(b)(2)(A)(i) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985

These funds, are on top of the DoD defense budget act........which most of the taats voted YES to fund.

you sure you are always opinionated........like the onion.......only, unfunny, like trampline, woman with breasts, jimmy kimmel.

who is your favorite late nite guy, mdlaxfan ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

why do I bother? :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 pm why do I bother? :roll:
What does that even mean?

What a troll you are, bashing facts and people, thinking it's cool.

Dude, you made the claim that zero military dollars went to them, via the covid CARES act.

I provided a very detailed accounting of the billions......EXTRA......the military got .

and you come back with, "why do I bother" ?

bother with, what, ever posting ? Please, feel free to leave, when called out. Or, you could just be polite, and respond interesting.

Do you disagree, that legislation, voted on, and passed, by Congress....than signed by the POTUSA.......are pointless.

geez go away. You've stunk up the place long enough with your fake news. And even faker etiquite.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Exactly.
Non stop rambling vitriol from you.

No, the CARES act doesn't have $ for military fighting in Afghanistan. Or "on Afghanistan".

Covid.

"What's the budget look like, for spending on Afghanistan, in the current budget being parlayed ?

Come on now, sleuths....we ain't OUT until the budget is cut. IN this case, by 99%. Has that occured, or does the CARES act contain decades long software service and private "rambo" units.....getting sum"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

What about the women? What about the women? Pro war news media parrot words such as these and act as if Afghanistan is now a hell hole for women. The facts, however, show it was far more of a hell hole under the puppet regime imposed by traitor Bush:

“In the countryside, the endless killing of civilians turned women against the occupiers who claimed to be helping them.”

https://madisonvfp.org/new-yorker-the-o ... and-gopal/

Corrupt puppet regime and American/ally expansionist forces kill indiscriminately while destroying property. One atrocity after another. No surprise that Afghanis despise the colonialist terrorists and adopt the Taliban forces as their own. This is why those patriots were readily able to take back their government and their country from the Western collaborators. When you think about it, this goes to show you how forgiving and how benevolent the Muslims are in allowing domestic traitors who had a major hand in killing off 100,000 of their own countrymen to go away scot free. Come to think of it, maybe the Taliban deserve the Nobel Prize since they liberated their country from foreign imperialistic evil and brought peace to their land.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... neither does having served in the US armed forces!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”