Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 pm I don't think the point is, Nothing matters. I think the point is, Nothing matters unless you can make it stick.
Yes.

And as Mrs Cooper stated this evening and one of the committee members added, that in May there was a policy declaring that Ukraine was cleared to be a country worry of receiving aid, and yet their newly elected President was only elected a month prior.

How in the heck did congress and State evaluate Ukraine and deem them trustworthy enough to receive weapons of mass destruction, when only a couple months prior they were the #3 most corrupt country in the world.

Heck....ggait told me it takes months just to prepare for a simple hearing.

Maybe, just maybe, all his hoopla is more about kicking the shot out of Russia and grandstanding that Russia is the bad guy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:12 pm Disagree completely. What matters is that we're telling future Presidents that this is impeachable behavior.
Personally, I agree. I'm just saying the perspective of the Trump-ers.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:12 pm
I am not lawyer - circumstantial can you or ggait convict on that - if you can, I will hire both of you tomorrow - I have a case ready.
Our jails would be empty if there wasn't circumstantial evidence. In Trump's case, the evidence has to be circumstantial unless we have video of Trump saying "I hereby order the Code Red."

Circumstantial evidence is evidence that allows the judge/jury to infer that a fact exists. Snow on the front lawn in the morning is circumstantial evidence, but it supports the INFERENCE that it snowed overnight. Even where I was asleep and didn't see it snowing. Fingerprints, DNA and ballistics are all circumstantial evidence.

No one sees who shot LandM. But ballistics matches the bullet taken out of LandM to the gun found at the scene. The gun has my fingerprints on it. Records show I purchased that gun. Footprints on the front walk and inside the house are for size 10 Air Jordans. Size 10 Air Jordans with matching treads are found at my house. Tire treads matching the treads on my SUV are found in the driveway. Other records show that I (being an avid skier) was in Telluride at the time in question. I'm going to get convicted even though 100% of the evidence is circumstantial.

It is possible that someone planted all that circumstantial evidence to frame me. It is also possible that OJ wasn't at the crime scene -- the blood DNA evidence was only 1 in 170 million. It is possible that Trump really cared about corruption in UK. But it is extremely reasonable to infer that Trump, OJ and I are all guilty and thus convict.
OJ was exonerated!
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

How in the heck did congress and State evaluate Ukraine and deem them trustworthy enough to receive weapons of mass destruction, when only a couple months prior they were the #3 most corrupt country in the world.
The law passed by Congress and signed by Trump set out the precise conditions to releasing the aid. State and DOD performed the required assessment and provided the required certification. In May 2019.

It is illegal for Trump on his own to come up with a bunch of other conditions unilaterally. Even if the conditions and concerns were legit. Which, of course, they were not.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:07 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:51 pm Sondland: "Was there a quid pro quo? The answer is yes."

This was his testimony. He repeatedly testified that Zelensky was required to make a "a public announcement" that he was investigating the 2016 election and Burisma/Biden before there would be a White House meeting and the aid was released. I now think Bandito is Kevin McCarthy.
The why does this differ? https://www.instagram.com/p/B5GGYN_nrVl/
Because he bumbled, because he sometimes spoke in connection with a specific call or conversation. I listened to Goldman's entire examination of him. He repeatedly confirmed that the WH meeting and the aid were on ice until President Z made the public statement.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then there is this: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5GYUEWndoD/ :lol:

Just got real today in Ukraine, story unfolding: https://tass.com/world/1090971

Biden Crime Syndicate in full action: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... million-mp
Good old Tass. Russian propaganda at its best...
.:lol:. ...it took only 3 min to dismiss you for citing TASS.
Here's what Reuters is reporting :
www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-im ... SKBN1XU2N7
Look's like the new PG is kicking over some rocks.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:24 pm
The law passed by Congress and signed by Trump set out the precise conditions to releasing the aid. State and DOD performed the required assessment and provided the required certification. In May 2019.

It is illegal for Trump on his own to come up with a bunch of other conditions unilaterally. Even if the conditions and concerns were legit. Which, of course, they were not.
And as Ms. Cooper testified, there were perhaps two possibly legal ways to implement the hold, but neither avenue was utilized. Thus, there was no legal basis for the hold.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not buying it sir. Common sense applies to handing over weapons of destruction. Trust but verify.....especially in a climate of discontent, corruption, and leadership change.

Agree to disagree.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:12 pm Disagree completely. What matters is that we're telling future Presidents that this is impeachable behavior.
... as well as this one

+1
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Not buying it sir. Common sense applies to handing over weapons of destruction. Trust but verify.....especially in a climate of discontent, corruption, and leadership change.

Agree to disagree.
You disagree with the law?

https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... ns-ukraine
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

I think Trump wanted a QPQ, but he was cagey enough not to explicitly state it (except maybe to Rudy & Mulvaney),
or to tweet it (which is the only "written" correspondence he originates).
Instead -- he uses terms like "do me a favor" & "just do the right thing".

Everyone makes mobster movie analogies but I think more apt is the "Potomac two step" from Clancy's Clear & Present Danger.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Agree to disagree.

If that’s what it takes, yes.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:24 pm The law passed by Congress and signed by Trump set out the precise conditions to releasing the aid. State and DOD performed the required assessment and provided the required certification. In May 2019.
In May 2019, Poroshenko was still President & Lutsenko still PG, but the "interagency process' certified Ukraine corruption free enough to receive nearly $.4 billion in aid (for just this year).

Is this the same Lutsenko that Amb Masha & Schiff claim is too corrupt to talk to Rudy ?
What a bucket of eyewash.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm Not buying it sir. Common sense applies to handing over weapons of destruction. Trust but verify.....especially in a climate of discontent, corruption, and leadership change.
:lol: Rrriiiiight.

So when did Trump verify anything? Take your time. Or better yet, ask Trump.

All your ridiculous, nonsensical defenses for what happened here reminds of this Kids in the Hall sketch:

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Agree to disagree.

If that’s what it takes, yes.
That is why judges have and use discretion, and this is not even a legal hearing. If abiding by the law/statutes were strictly enforced we’d have to build hundreds of more prisons. Maybe your horse is too tall and and you need to hop off of it.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:12 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm Not buying it sir. Common sense applies to handing over weapons of destruction. Trust but verify.....especially in a climate of discontent, corruption, and leadership change.
:lol: Rrriiiiight.

So when did Trump verify anything? Take your time. Or better yet, ask Trump.

All your ridiculous, nonsensical defenses for what happened here reminds of this Kids in the Hall sketch:

Is this a legal proceeding? ;)
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

Yes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:27 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:25 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 pm yeah, RED, we try to read these stories in more normal, well respected "news" outlets.....but they just don't seem to cover many of these types of stories.
Maybe because there is really nothing there...
what does this even mean........nothing there?
As in not a real story...
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Forget where I heard it:

"There's a tradition of adding -gate onto scandals. What would you call this one?"

"Stupid Watergate"
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:47 pm Forget where I heard it:

"There's a tradition of adding -gate onto scandals. What would you call this one?"

"Stupid Watergate"
Stupid Watergate II is what John Oliver has been using for the past several weeks on Last Week Tonight...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Is this the same Leshchenko that Amb Masha & Schiff claim is too corrupt to talk to Rudy ?
What a bucket of eyewash.
As Cooper testified, there were a couple of ways to legally pause the aid. Trump didn't follow those, of course. Instead he just ready fire aimed it with Rudy. Which was illegal.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”