Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
flushlax77

Re: Games Today

Post by flushlax77 »

I’m still not sold on Navy only because of how their perceived big wins look in hindsight. How this affects your view of Drexel win might vary.

Wins:

Duke-struggling this year. Went up big and almost choked it away. Won by one

Richmond- Smacked them 14-5 which at the time was impressive. The Spiders followed up that dud with getting running clocked on the road by a solid UVA team.

East Carolina- looked like they turned a corner last season but dropped a game to W&M (much maligned on these boards) by 7+.

Villanova- a darling of Lacrosse Extras and ILwomen; lost to Columbia by 2 goals.

I think we are going to have to wait to see on how big that Drexel win ends up being after games with Loyola, St. Joe’s, and Army.
Bart

Post by Bart »

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:10 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:35 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:12 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:19 am A lot of hype about Treanor not a lot results.
I think that's true of Syracuse and not just Treanor.
Curious what results is she not living up to? If I am not misremembering I believe the Orange were in the final 4 last year?
Based on their roster last year and the year before - they underperformed at the worst times (ACC tourney, NCAA semis, etc).
OK, I see where you are coming from. I may not agree but I can see your point of view.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Light slate today. While OSU/UM would be a fantastic football game, today's lax game won't be close. Not a lot tomorrow either, but we cap it off nicely with Denver @ Northwestern. Saturday has a couple intriguing games. Look for the Heels to stomp on the Tigers. Lines to come out soon! I know you all are waiting with bated breath!
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 pm Just received a threatening message from reality checks I decided to share with you.

A. Never attacked his daughter. Said she was a great player but overrated as the number 1 recruit. Believe I actually said his player AE was better. Just like everyone does every year. IE wurtzberger, hassleback and now Humphrey.
B. Never attacked SB. Said Masera flops. She does.
C. What I think about Joe is shared by hundreds including the majority of his own club.
D. Apparently you didn’t go back far enough. I also have a 2023 daughter. So you don’t need to threaten my 2025. Just have him reach out to her coach to intervene. Then again nothing will happen. Pretty sure she’s not a fan either.
E. This is a message forum. That’s what people do. They criticize and talk the sport. You think this is bad go on the LI forum BOTC
F. Ridiculous I even have to spend my time with this nonsense
Congratulations on the deep dive into my posts. Hope the time was well spent. Btw. I doubt JS would take the time to look into this and try to hurt kids because of what their parents said but maybe I’m wrong. I welcome it. It would prove The 95% of the club parents that dislike him right and he’s a clown.

There you go. There’s my response. Have at it.
🤦🏻‍♂️
Uncalled for RealityChecks. Definitely the type of parent looking at texts and overreacting to perceived slights.

I appreciate people on this forum being able to keep it real and share. Way less toxic here than some other forums.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:13 am
Relax77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 pm Just received a threatening message from reality checks I decided to share with you.

A. Never attacked his daughter. Said she was a great player but overrated as the number 1 recruit. Believe I actually said his player AE was better. Just like everyone does every year. IE wurtzberger, hassleback and now Humphrey.
B. Never attacked SB. Said Masera flops. She does.
C. What I think about Joe is shared by hundreds including the majority of his own club.
D. Apparently you didn’t go back far enough. I also have a 2023 daughter. So you don’t need to threaten my 2025. Just have him reach out to her coach to intervene. Then again nothing will happen. Pretty sure she’s not a fan either.
E. This is a message forum. That’s what people do. They criticize and talk the sport. You think this is bad go on the LI forum BOTC
F. Ridiculous I even have to spend my time with this nonsense
Congratulations on the deep dive into my posts. Hope the time was well spent. Btw. I doubt JS would take the time to look into this and try to hurt kids because of what their parents said but maybe I’m wrong. I welcome it. It would prove The 95% of the club parents that dislike him right and he’s a clown.

There you go. There’s my response. Have at it.
🤦🏻‍♂️
Uncalled for RealityChecks. Definitely the type of parent looking at texts and overreacting to perceived slights.

I appreciate people on this forum being able to keep it real and share. Way less toxic here than some other forums.
So true about this forum. You want to see Spallina comments go on Back of the Cage. It got so bad there admin has to read every comment to approve it before it’s posted.

I read the comments. I feel Relax was kinda complimentary of Spallina. Idk. Well, maybe minus the used car thing. It is horrible form to send a message and say you are telling on him to screw with his daughter. For what? Talking on a forum? Look at every single comment on this board and insert a response to it. “You’re attacking Coach X, I’m gonna tell her.” Heck, imagine how many times we would have to call Halfpenny or Kimel over the last few years saying you’re getting attacked on fanlax. “They’re saying you suck as a coach and have talent but can’t win.” Then you honestly think Halfpenny is gonna call up UNC and say “hey Shelly’s father said mean things about me, can you cut her?” Realitychecks should change their screen name to Hall Monitor. I’ve seen it all now.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Michigan and Ohio State is going to be a glorious game today. Both rosters are full with talent so much they all can be stars on other teams. Both coaches are in the upper echelon of coaching. Both programs are great. They really are great schools as well. Whoever is taking the draw will be the best draw takers in lax. The goalies are the best in the world as well. They have no weaknesses. The refs are going to be the best refs in the world as well. ESPN + announcers are the greatest announcers ever. And their coverage is top notch.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:54 am
Fischer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:59 am it’s not Smith and Olivia that are stepping up for this team.
What does this mean?
Sorry dmac Auto correct Should say Nat Not not 😂
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

To be fair, Relax77 did call JS a used car salesman, a worm and an Italian leprechaun. I agree that critiquing and sometimes criticizing coaches is fair game here, but personal attacks should not be common place on this forum. As you say, coaches at ND and Duke are criticized here as are many others for their job performance, but I have not seen any personal attacks on any of those other coaches. Just calling it as I see it........
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:34 am
McLax9777 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:27 am
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:36 pm Drexel over navy is the most important result of the day…..
Did NOT expect that.
This was a good game. Did not expect that either.
I know easy to say now, but I actually meant to comment on this pre game yesterday. Drexel is no pushover.
Drexel changed coaches a year and an half ago in spectacular fashion and tasked Katie O’Donnell to right the ship. O’Donnell grabbed coach Katrina Geiger from PSU. I believe they were ranked top 25 that year they had the issue with Hillier. So I agree. I’m not surprised. They aren’t a pushover.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:02 am Michigan and Ohio State is going to be a glorious game today. Both rosters are full with talent so much they all can be stars on other teams. Both coaches are in the upper echelon of coaching. Both programs are great. They really are great schools as well. Whoever is taking the draw will be the best draw takers in lax. The goalies are the best in the world as well. They have no weaknesses. The refs are going to be the best refs in the world as well. ESPN + announcers are the greatest announcers ever. And their coverage is top notch.
I see what you did here...
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

laxguy516 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:10 am To be fair, Relax77 did call JS a used car salesman, a worm and an Italian leprechaun. I agree that critiquing and sometimes criticizing coaches is fair game here, but personal attacks should not be common place on this forum. As you say, coaches at ND and Duke are criticized here as are many others for their job performance, but I have not seen any personal attacks on any of those other coaches. Just calling it as I see it........
Fair assessment. You forgot I also said he was a really good coach. 😁 and I said he looks like an Italian leprechaun. It wasn’t a personal attack. I was making a joke. But I get it. I’m Italian. Only reason why I said it. But going after my daughters because of it? Not a little nuts l, someone who posted 22 times going through 600 posts to find a clue to where his daughters go to school. Obviously realitychecks is a relative. Whatever. And I stand by what I said. I never ever disparaged SB. Or Masera. Or JS’s daughter. Go back to Charlotte North days. Is it a personal attack to say you don’t like the way she celebrates. Masera flops. It’s on tv. That don’t mean she’s not great. Look at Lebron.
Last edited by Relax77 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:20 am
Relax77 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:02 am Michigan and Ohio State is going to be a glorious game today. Both rosters are full with talent so much they all can be stars on other teams. Both coaches are in the upper echelon of coaching. Both programs are great. They really are great schools as well. Whoever is taking the draw will be the best draw takers in lax. The goalies are the best in the world as well. They have no weaknesses. The refs are going to be the best refs in the world as well. ESPN + announcers are the greatest announcers ever. And their coverage is top notch.
I see what you did here...
👍
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Last I’ll say about this. And then I’m moving on. Realitychecks in Sept reached out to me in a personal message sniffing around where my daughter plays. Coincidentally right after I mentioned that Alexa, although a phenomenal player, might not be able to have the same success in college and I felt she was overrated as the #1 recruit. I said it respectfully. And there was no malice on it. Right after I received a message from reality asking if my daughter likes her time at the school. Do I think it’s Joe. Of course not. Relative. Maybe. Acolyte. Definitely.

I apologize to any Italian or Irish people about the leprechaun joke. It was good hearted. I didn’t mean to disparage Italians or leprechauns. While I still maintain it’s not an issue, I sincerely apologize if that hurt your feelings.

I am moving on. And I am sorry to have had this taken away from this forum which I obviously love. I have one daughter in the ACC and one going to the Big Ten in a year and a half. Feel free to contact their coaches if you can figure it out and try to get their scholarships revoked because I posted on a forum. Probably not a good enough reason to get that done but feel free if you have the time. Or maybe get off message boards if you are that thin skinned.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice win by UVA over Richmond. I didn't realize that Richmond was so much reduced going in. Still, while not a fan as such, I think Virginia can play some nice lacrosse, and they sure appear to have a good goalie.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:18 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:23 pm Shock of the day is probably Columbia over Nova.

Now I have believed since the beginning of the season that Columbia would be on the up, but even I didn't see this happening.

Didn't think Nova had fallen this much. Watched the 2nd half of the game and score was no fluke.
The one thing that is always puzzling to me is how some of these "higher academic" schools just don't perform well on the lacrosse field. Patriot League comes to mind with great schools just not getting it done.

Good for Columbia - they have been at the bottom for a long time. I know the school is not located in the best area, but it's Columbia - an amazing school - and it sits in the middle of a lacrosse hotbed. I always thought that with the right coach - they could build a great program.

My alma mater is no different. We languished over the years with the former coaching staff. We never made it to the Ivy League Playoffs, we never went to a single NCAA tournament game. You bring in a new coach with the right attitude like Katrina Dowd and she has her girls playing like a different team right now. But most importantly the girls love her and they are having a blast!
I think I have mentioned this before. But my 25 went on a visit there this September. Across my 3 committed/playing lacrosse daughters, i've probably been to 14 or 15 in-person visits-- Anne Murray was one of the 2 most impressive coaches we've seen. Disappointed a bit that my daughter chose another school.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

I'll have what you're drinking!!!
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:36 am Last I’ll say about this. And then I’m moving on. Realitychecks in Sept reached out to me in a personal message sniffing around where my daughter plays. Coincidentally right after I mentioned that Alexa, although a phenomenal player, might not be able to have the same success in college and I felt she was overrated as the #1 recruit. I said it respectfully. And there was no malice on it. Right after I received a message from reality asking if my daughter likes her time at the school. Do I think it’s Joe. Of course not. Relative. Maybe. Acolyte. Definitely.

I apologize to any Italian or Irish people about the leprechaun joke. It was good hearted. I didn’t mean to disparage Italians or leprechauns. While I still maintain it’s not an issue, I sincerely apologize if that hurt your feelings.

I am moving on. And I am sorry to have had this taken away from this forum which I obviously love. I have one daughter in the ACC and one going to the Big Ten in a year and a half. Feel free to contact their coaches if you can figure it out and try to get their scholarships revoked because I posted on a forum. Probably not a good enough reason to get that done but feel free if you have the time. Or maybe get off message boards if you are that thin skinned.
She not in the top 10 for that age group - WAY BETTER ATHLETES and in college, BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER.

And please disparage Leprechauns, they scare me!
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Seems like a good day to shout out one of our homegrown greats, senior captain for Ohio State, Jamie Lasda. My daughters and so many others have played with and looked up to Jamie because she both plays the game and leads the right way—by quietly setting a good example and selflessly including/lifting everyone around her. The Buckeyes may not be playing for a championship at the end of the year but I will be rooting for them (and that is not easy for me to say!) to cause some chaos in the B1G. Cheers to Jamie and her wonderful family who have meant so much to the development and success of girls lacrosse in Upstate NY.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Count me in on all of that too, quite a lax family indeed!!
You go wich yo bad self, Jamie!!!
(I don't get the B1G Minus, so I don't get to see her play much.)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:28 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 pm Oh please! Give Stony Brook credit. They scrapped and battled all game. They never quit and they scored some great crunch time goals. The Finn to Masera goal was spectacular. Masera took the team on her back in the extra session. Swift to the ball for the draw control, level-headed control of the ball and drawing a legitimate green card. Maddy Baxter wasn't thinking at all when she drew the green card. Same old Syracuse--brainless undisciplined play when the game is on the line. Then Masera's falling down beauty of a game-winner. Gimme a break with this sour grapes whining. Waaaah! they flopped. Waaaah! the refs didn't call the game right. Go get your diapers changed. Or better yet--grow up.
Not sure what you’re referring to. Never said they didn’t deserve credit. I don’t think she flopped on the goal. She may actually have been hit in the head. She certainly flopped fifteen seconds before that when she had the ball and came around a crease roll. She thought she was about to turn it over so she threw herself to the ground. Grow up? Because I think an insignificant touch foul running down the field shouldn’t be a “power play.” How about don’t be a dick. Half the people here already think you are. You added another one to that. Jerkoff
I skimmed through all the posts regarding the Stony Brook/Syracuse game. Never made note of who wrote what. My post was addressed generally, hence diapers--plural. I never quoted you, I never mentioned you. But if the shoe fits…
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:28 pm How about don’t be a dick. Half the people here already think you are. You added another one to that. Jerkoff
Classy.

Yah--me and half the other people… Oh brother.

Easily remedied...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”