All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Just heard the number of confirmed cases in NYS jumped about 200% (tripled) over night. At least they seem to be doing significant testing.

JHU COVID site does not reflect this yet.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

All schools in Montgomery County, one of the big Philly "ring" counties, closed for two weeks. Lax season was all set to start, and will - no doubt - now be pushed back at least, if not outright cancelled...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:23 pm All schools in Montgomery County, one of the big Philly "ring" counties, closed for two weeks. Lax season was all set to start, and will - no doubt - now be pushed back at least, if not outright cancelled...

MLB canceling spring training. Pushing back opening day at least 2 weeks.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brett Baier reporting Moscow Mitch is now saying he will keep the Senate in session until CV bill passed.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Moscow Mitch has gone home for the weekend. Yes. I know. It’s Thursday.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:32 pm Moscow Mitch has gone home for the weekend. Yes. I know. It’s Thursday.
Interesting.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:42 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:32 pm Moscow Mitch has gone home for the weekend. Yes. I know. It’s Thursday.
Interesting.
Maybe some politicking to avoid being booted out of office in November...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:40 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:27 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:01 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:51 am

:roll:
I saw this live. What a joke. He calls for non-partisan cooperation, then tells us what great leadership OD displays. Just like 6ft. They call for this is serious and no time for politics - all the while injecting politics into the discussion. :roll:
The politics and mass panic is coming from YOU and those like you.

Trump closed the borders to China in January. Thank goodness or things would be worse.He was labeled a xenophobe.

The borders you insist should be open.
I never once said banning Chinese travel was a bad idea. NOT ONCE. I have in fact on a number of occasions said the action helped. I also said it did not help as much as the Chinese self imposed travel ban, worldwide.

Pay attention.

PS - there is now evidence that the virus was already in the US, undetected at the time, prior to Trump's border closing.
PSS -- so what ? The travel bans & restrictions limit the number of new carrier vectors inserted into the population.
As jhu72 compliments the EU and is upset over the Trump travel ban, along with also acknowledging the virus was already in the US, as if it is not in the EU. He must eat "waffles" all the time.
Sorry, I am not "upset" over the travel ban. There is no emotion associated with my statement regarding my read of his ban. It is quite dispassionate. I am used to Trump's BONE HEAD DECISIONS. Given the new information that the Euros supply our reagent for the CDC test kits, it is easy to understand Trump's decision, and in fact even more clear it is BONE HEAD.

I actually think this will turn out to be another of Trump's decisions that will not really take much effect as it will be quietly rolled back so as not to embarrass him with his base.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

CNN says NCAA cancels bball. Sorry if that's not news.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:21 pm CNN says NCAA cancels bball. Sorry if that's not news.
Confirmed:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... ronavirus/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:58 pm
Jim Malone wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:48 pm What is problem with travel ban?

Of the 35 states reporting infections, 30 of them have infections which originated in Europe per reporting I have read.

Unless this stat is wrong, it makes perfect sense for European travel ban.
#OrangeManBad. I am sure jhu, MD, and trinity will let us know shortly.
Closing the barn door after the horse is out much?
How about adding that sprinkler system after the fire....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Attachments
3759B248-1CD8-49C0-98CF-F984B4518B79.jpeg
3759B248-1CD8-49C0-98CF-F984B4518B79.jpeg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:18 pm Just heard the number of confirmed cases in NYS jumped about 200% (tripled) over night. At least they seem to be doing significant testing.

Two pieces of news:

Disneyland in Anaheim just closed.

Ohio officials estimate that 100,000 state residents have been infected with novel coronavirus. :shock: :o

Ohio officials said Thursday that more than 100,000 people in the state are believed to carry the novel coronavirus, reinforcing fears that infections are far more widespread in the United States than limited testing confirms.

“We know now, just the fact of community spread says that at least 1 percent, at the very least 1 percent of our population is carrying this virus in Ohio today,” said Amy Acton, director of the Ohio Department of Health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... R2DGUIEPIA

The Zombie Apocalypse is here, and the person responsible for leading the response is Donald Trump.

:shock:

I’m going to make some hot chocolate and go back to bed ....

DocBarrister :(
@DocBarrister
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Go to ncaa.com or ncaa.org - they are cancelling ALL winter and spring championships...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So now Faux News is claiming there are only 37 US deaths. Everyone else says 38. They do have a larger number of confirmed virus count. The difference between JHU COVID site and Faux is about right if you consider the JHU COVID has not yet accounted for all of the NYS overnight increase.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

There are at least a couple of people for who the word stupid would be a step up.

Trump’s travel van did not include countries he had golf courses in as I wrote this AM.

I don’t have a problem with travel restrictions but the WH is already trying to walk back his stupidity of last night.

Workers can be compensated by a check sent to every tax filer for some amount. Anyone with an income over X can be skipped. The most efficient way to get money out and into circulation save for the legitimate issue of contagion
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

"590 people have tested positive in the UK."

"The UK Government’s chief scientific advisor says the number of the people infected at the moment could be as high as 10,000."

Why is the UK exempted from Trump's new travel ban?”

Rachel Maddow.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:42 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:18 pm Just heard the number of confirmed cases in NYS jumped about 200% (tripled) over night. At least they seem to be doing significant testing.

Two pieces of news:

Disneyland in Anaheim just closed.

Ohio officials estimate that 100,000 state residents have been infected with novel coronavirus. :shock: :o

Ohio officials said Thursday that more than 100,000 people in the state are believed to carry the novel coronavirus, reinforcing fears that infections are far more widespread in the United States than limited testing confirms.

“We know now, just the fact of community spread says that at least 1 percent, at the very least 1 percent of our population is carrying this virus in Ohio today,” said Amy Acton, director of the Ohio Department of Health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... R2DGUIEPIA

The Zombie Apocalypse is here, and the person responsible for leading the response is Donald Trump.

:shock:

I’m going to make some hot chocolate and go back to bed ....

DocBarrister :(
Yeh you've been crying wolf for 4 fn years.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:34 pm "590 people have tested positive in the UK."

"The UK Government’s chief scientific advisor says the number of the people infected at the moment could be as high as 10,000."

Rachel Maddow.
Because they speak English?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:56 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:34 pm "590 people have tested positive in the UK."

Rachel Maddow.
Because they speak English?
Golf resorts in UK and Ireland (also exempt)!

Return to “POLITICS”