Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I am assuming traveling by limo was not an option?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Try reading the thread. Ever driven in & around Paris ?

It was Veterans Day (aka Armistice Day), not Memorial Day (aka Decoration Day).
There's a difference, ...beyond long weekends & mattress sales.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:Try reading the thread. Ever driven in & around Paris ?

It was Veterans Day (aka Armistice Day), not Memorial Day (aka Decoration Day).
There's a difference, ...beyond long weekends & mattress sales.
I have not driven but I have been a passenger many times with friends....... never on that particular holiday but Christmas and New Years yes...I read that the POTUS has limos stationed around the globe and the POTUS also travels with his cars.....since it is DOPUS I will chalk it up to more poor contingency planning.....thanks for asking.
Typical Lax Dad

Trump and his handler are the only two folks with ear pieces..... receiving orders.

holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I believe most of us got over it almost immediately. I think the main point is that this is the kind of stuff that would have run on Fox for a couple of days and I would have seen it all over Facebook and other media from my conservative friends had it been the previous administration. We're just pointing out the hypocrisy as well as Trump's insincere pandering to the self-styled military supporters.
ggait

Post by ggait »

50 degree temps, drizzle, light winds and 600 foot ceiling? GMAFB. The guys piloting Marine One consider that great flying weather. If not you could have driven -- Kelly and Dunford got there AOK. Or you could have gone to another backup site closer by. Or you could decide to just hang at the hotel to watch TV and mean tweet instead.

You might be inclined to believe the WH explanation except for two things. First, Trump has zero credibility on just about everything. Second, Cadet Bone Spur's repeated behavior proves he basically doesn't give a rip about the military. Except to the extent that saying some empty words about vets/military periodically will bring him votes.

Couldn't get out to the cemetery. Didn't make it out to Arlington. Doesn't like guys who get captured. Hasn't yet found the time to visit any troops overseas. Presumably there's been plenty of time and clear weather during the last two years to do that. But doing those type visits would seriously cut into the time allocated for more important things -- golf, dumb ass rallies, tweeting and executive time.

The jock sniffing is back and better than it ever has been!!

P.S. Cool photo of Dunford drinking out of the bull dog fountain at the cemetery. I'd never heard that story before.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote:I believe most of us got over it almost immediately. I think the main point is that this is the kind of stuff that would have run on Fox for a couple of days and I would have seen it all over Facebook and other media from my conservative friends had it been the previous administration. We're just pointing out the hypocrisy as well as Trump's insincere pandering to the self-styled military supporters.
Trump is funding the military, while the only deployment he's added has been to our southern border.

His chiding of our under-investing, under-deployable allies resonates.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote:50 degree temps, drizzle, light winds and 600 foot ceiling? GMAFB. The guys piloting Marine One consider that great flying weather. If not you could have driven -- Kelly and Dunford got there AOK. Or you could have gone to another backup site closer by. Or you could decide to just hang at the hotel to watch TV and mean tweet instead.

You might be inclined to believe the WH explanation except for two things. First, Trump has zero credibility on just about everything. Second, Cadet Bone Spur's repeated behavior proves he basically doesn't give a rip about the military. Except to the extent that saying some empty words about vets/military periodically will bring him votes.

Couldn't get out to the cemetery. Didn't make it out to Arlington. Doesn't like guys who get captured. Hasn't yet found the time to visit any troops overseas. Presumably there's been plenty of time and clear weather during the last two years to do that. But doing those type visits would seriously cut into the time allocated for more important things -- golf, dumb ass rallies, tweeting and executive time.

P.S. Cool photo of Dunford drinking out of the bull dog fountain at the cemetery. I'd never heard that story before.
Sure thing Ace. Let's see your pilot's cert & logbook. How many off airport landings have you made ?

If Trump had tied up Paris traffic (twice -- going out & back), you'd still be criticizing him for gridlocking the city, just to lay a wreath.

Give us the parts to fix our gear & spare us the gratuitous bi-annual ceremonial photo ops.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/defunct-pa ... 1542139220

Whitaker’s scam patent company in Miami featured Trump in a promotional video.
Your Attorney General. Might just have to recuse from Russia after all.
Fraudsters flock together.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote:https://www.wsj.com/articles/defunct-pa ... 1542139220

Whitaker’s scam patent company in Miami featured Trump in a promotional video.
Your Attorney General. Might just have to recuse from Russia after all.
Fraudsters flock together.
Whitaker may outlast Mooch but not by much.....Donald does not like people using his name to make a buck unless he wets his beak.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote:
ggait wrote:50 degree temps, drizzle, light winds and 600 foot ceiling? GMAFB. The guys piloting Marine One consider that great flying weather. If not you could have driven -- Kelly and Dunford got there AOK. Or you could have gone to another backup site closer by. Or you could decide to just hang at the hotel to watch TV and mean tweet instead.

Sure thing Ace. Let's see your pilot's cert & logbook. How many off airport landings have you made ?

If Trump had tied up Paris traffic (twice -- going out & back), you'd still be criticizing him for gridlocking the city, just to lay a wreath.

Give us the parts to fix our gear & spare us the gratuitous bi-annual ceremonial photo ops.
Horse Hockey!! How about spare us the endless excuses for his inability to actually carry out some of the simplest, yet some of the office's most important duties.

They got there, he should have gotten there. Since when does DOPUS give a fig about people jammed up about his travel plans.

For a guy who is all about NATIONALISM he sure is lazy...or doesn't real care about being patriotic....or something else is going on.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sure thing Ace. Let's see your pilot's cert & logbook. How many off airport landings have you made ?

Come on. This is the job, old salt.

While we all appreciate the lesson in flight mechanics (truly), the rest of the world's leaders made it to the event just fine. Do they have magic beans?

They HAMMERED Obama for military optics at every single turn. You know that. Why should Trump get a pass on this count? Welcome to the job....where no matter what you do, half the nation thinks its wrong. BFD. Take the criticism like a man, and move on.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Easy guys, EASY. We gotta give these Navy types some leeway, after all, they have a hard time keeping their ships from running into each other out in the open ocean...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote:
old salt wrote:

Horse Hockey!! How about spare us the endless excuses for his inability to actually carry out some of the simplest, yet some of the office's most important duties.

They got there, he should have gotten there. Since when does DOPUS give a fig about people jammed up about his travel plans.

For a guy who is all about NATIONALISM he sure is lazy...or doesn't real care about being patriotic....or something else is going on.
Important to you. Macron's hokey ceremony was choreographed to be a rebuke of Trump. He refused to play along.
Typical Lax Dad

foreverlax wrote:
old salt wrote:

This guy made it:

old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote:
old salt wrote: Sure thing Ace. Let's see your pilot's cert & logbook. How many off airport landings have you made ?

While we all appreciate the lesson in flight mechanics (truly), the rest of the world's leaders made it to the event just fine. Do they have magic beans?

They HAMMERED Obama for military optics at every single turn. You know that. Why should Trump get a pass on this count? Welcome to the job....where no matter what you do, half the nation thinks its wrong. BFD. Take the criticism like a man, and move on.
The other leaders went to events closer in, which did not require helo lifts & required less security & less disruption.
Trump did go to a cemetery ceremony, but the MSM just covered it to hammer him for making a joke about the rain.
The Paris event was a joke. Compare it to the events in London. It's obvious why the Brits stayed home.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote:
old salt wrote:

You know, for a guy who argued vehemently again and again that the $92MM military parade Trump proposed would be a great morale boost to servicemen and veterans, and to the country as whole, well worth the bucks spent, old Randy sure is quick to dismiss even the easiest lay-ups at demonstrating respect.

Why? Because it's Trump...'jock-sniffing' is an appropriate turn of phrase for some, unfortunately.

As I wrote earlier, this truly isn't all that difficult to understand. He got spanked last Tuesday and nothing has gone well since. So, temper tantrum.

My mother would have suggested that I "go out to the garden and eat worms' had I stomped my feet and held my breath like this knucklehead...stopped doing it by age 6!
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:
a fan wrote:

The other leaders went to events closer in, which did not require helo lifts & required less security & less disruption.
Trump did go to a cemetery ceremony, but the MSM just covered it to hammer him for making a joke about the rain.
The Paris event was a joke. Compare it to the events in London. It's obvious why the Brits stayed home.
If it were such a joke you should be upset that he wasted our money going.

The move sparked incredulity among some of Trump’s critics: Nicholas Soames, the Conservative MP and grandson of Sir Winston Churchill, tweeted: “They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic inadequate @realDonaldTrump couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen #hesnotfittorepresenthisgreatcountry.”

Floridians twerk for Trump during traffic jam he caused
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
old salt wrote:

You know, for a guy who argued vehemently again and again that the $92MM military parade Trump proposed would be a great morale boost to servicemen and veterans, and to the country as whole, well worth the bucks spent, old Randy sure is quick to dismiss even the easiest lay-ups at demonstrating respect.

Why? Because it's Trump...'jock-sniffing' is an appropriate turn of phrase for some, unfortunately.

As I wrote earlier, this truly isn't all that difficult to understand. He got spanked last Tuesday and nothing has gone well since. So, temper tantrum.

My mother would have suggested that I "go out to the garden and eat worms' had I stomped my feet and held my breath like this knucklehead...stopped doing it by age 6!
Did you even bother to watch & listen to the Paris events ?
The Paris ceremony was a farce, sucking up to the EU, bashing Nationalism.
Macron & Merkel have reason to be worried.
Trump chose not to be a prop, while they bashed him.
Listen to Macron's condescending speech.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
a fan wrote:

If it were such a joke you should be upset that he wasted our money going.

The move sparked incredulity among some of Trump’s critics: Nicholas Soames, the Conservative MP and grandson of Sir Winston Churchill, tweeted: “They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic inadequate @realDonaldTrump couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen #hesnotfittorepresenthisgreatcountry.”
After watching the Paris events, I am upset that he went.
He walked into a PR trap, choreographed to chastise & rebuke him.

Return to “POLITICS”