Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:39 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:30 pm Every vote counts, or maybe he’ll demonstrate how votes can be fraudulent: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/160 ... g9QfZL3skg
That's one of the stupid things he's been doing since he bought it.

Claims there are tons of bots, then uses user polls to decide policy?
Another mirage by Elmo. He is getting big-time pressure from the Tesla board to return to being CEO. This stunt gives him the pesudo vox populi credibility in his own mind to appoint some figurehead at Twitter. He'll still run things.....into the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mega moron.
Yup.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:36 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:39 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:30 pm Every vote counts, or maybe he’ll demonstrate how votes can be fraudulent: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/160 ... g9QfZL3skg
That's one of the stupid things he's been doing since he bought it.

Claims there are tons of bots, then uses user polls to decide policy?
Another mirage by Elmo. He is getting big-time pressure from the Tesla board to return to being CEO. This stunt gives him the pesudo vox populi credibility in his own mind to appoint some figurehead at Twitter. He'll still run things.....into the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mega moron.
Yup.
Yet at the end of day he will still be worth mega billions and could care less what people think of him. I thought that not too many years ago Muskrat was the darling of FLP elitists. His fan base sure is pretty fickle. They use to love trump in NYS back when he was handing out all that campaign money to the bigwig Democrats running NYC.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Starlink reaches the 1 million user mark. Worldwide transfer speeds are down quarter over quarter as expected. Starlink has begun to impose user bandwidth limits as expected. Nothing new here. Starlink has degraded to the point where it is only 2-3 times faster than other satellite (legacy based) solutions.

Starlink story.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Wall Street firm Oppenheimer & Co. has downgraded its rating of Tesla because Elon Musk's management of Twitter has "severely damaged" market sentiment around Tesla.

In a private note to its clients released this AM, Oppenheimer said challenges involving Musk and Twitter have not only left sentiment towards Tesla shares "severely damaged," but they said it could very well be "lasting damage."

TSLA closed below $150/share yesterday. Has not been that low since July 2021. Down 8% today to a new 52 week low $140.86.

BOD has to be paying attention along with holders of large stakes in the company.

Tourniquet anyone?
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Makes sense, since must Tesla buyers are Libs. ;) :lol: They are probably upset the cars do not have crying rooms. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:48 am
Makes sense, since must Tesla buyers are Libs. ;) :lol: They are probably upset the cars do not have crying rooms. :lol:
Thanks DR.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

My guess is the Biden/Cali push for EVs will slow down a lot too, now that Elon is the left's enemy du jour.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:10 am
My guess is the Biden/Cali push for EVs will slow down a lot too, now that Elon is the left's enemy du jour.
Why, when ALL American car companies are pushing hard and fast on EVs?

Tesla ain’t the only player, by a long shot.

Musk’s personal brand had been genius, golden boy who could not err, but that has been exploded by his own doing.

Tesla had enjoyed that brand aura, the benefit of the doubt, but they have also executed a heck of business platform. But with the benefit of extremely easy money due to the Musk aura. Virtuous cycle.

My personal projection is that if Musk somehow can wean himself away from Twitter, both personally and professionally, Tesla and his other businesses can thrive again under his leadership, continuing to be an innovation leader in their arenas.

But if he can’t get control of his self destructive impulses, they will suffer.

And investors have become skeptical about his impulse control.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Do you know what the CARB is and why it exists?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:21 am
Yes. A way to foist $100k cars/public transportation upon the American people.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:14 pm
:lol: Formed by your man Ronald Reagan, Kram, way back in 1967. Have you seen pictures of LA back then? You want to go back to that?

https://timeline.com/la-smog-pollution-4ca4bc0cc95d

So.......gonna blame Reagan for $100k cars?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Of course there's already a dozen EVs out there in the $20k - $50k range and growing...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:09 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:14 pm
:lol: Formed by your man Ronald Reagan, Kram, way back in 1967. Have you seen pictures of LA back then? You want to go back to that?

https://timeline.com/la-smog-pollution-4ca4bc0cc95d

So.......gonna blame Reagan for $100k cars?
Yes. And it's undoubtedly the same people he appointed?

;)
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:27 pm Of course there's already a dozen EVs out there in the $20k - $50k range and growing...
There sure are. And what do you get for your money? My coworker drove a well appointed Mercedes a E-Class. His wife made him go electric. For the same money he's now in a cloth and cardboard-seated e-Hyundai.

:lol:

Unfortunately It's another assault on the American working citizenry. Let them bear the monetary brunt of political decisions. Tax them one way or the other. In this case they can pay more money to drive sh1ttier cars.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:56 pm Yes. And it's undoubtedly the same people he appointed?

;)
No, but he's on the hook for starting it, my man! And for making LA livable.

Your point is well taken...the pendulum has swung too far in California in many areas. I prefer middle grounds.

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:56 pm Unfortunately It's another assault on the American working citizenry. Let them bear the monetary brunt of political decisions. Tax them one way or the other. In this case they can pay more money to drive sh1ttier cars.
The problem isn't that the working class is taxed....the problem is that corporate America ISN'T.

Wanna get rid of ALL subsidies, and taxing the working class for them? Sign me up! But don't just make it for EVs', my man.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... don't think the customers are the problem. It's the owner going out of his way to piss them off. Elmo has to be pretty stupid to antagonize his customer base. Even fascist republiCONs aren't that stupid.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... won't have any effect at all. The "left" doesn't worship personalities. Plenty of companies are now seriously working on EVs. Some of them will win, some will lose. The fact that the "left" doesn't worship personalities is what has Elmo all spun up. He thought he would be the left's hero, put up on a pedestal. For what, making use of an old idea? He didn't invent electric automobiles! Far from clear he even does it the best these days.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:27 pm Of course there's already a dozen EVs out there in the $20k - $50k range and growing...
And headed down as scale is reached.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:56 pmThere sure are. And what do you get for your money? My coworker drove a well appointed Mercedes a E-Class. His wife made him go electric. For the same money he's now in a cloth and cardboard-seated e-Hyundai.

:lol:

Unfortunately It's another assault on the American working citizenry. Let them bear the monetary brunt of political decisions. Tax them one way or the other. In this case they can pay more money to drive sh1ttier cars.
Hyundai's EVs and Hybrids start at $25k- $41k. E-Class starts at $55k. Mercedes has an electric SUV (EQB) starting at $55k. :lol:

For the same price as a well-appointed e-class, your coworker could have had his choice of an electric Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc. :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”