2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by seacoaster »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:14 pm Strange :lol: :lol:
Man, that's a lot of TDS.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:40 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:08 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:00 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am Finding this hard to understand.

Mailin and absentee ballots are already being cast.

2 months prior to election day.

Why Oh Why do democrats need 2,3,6,12 days after election day to "count" them?

Could it be democrats want to win the election AFTER the real election?

Sounds pretty politburo to me.
this is the reaction to republiCONS sabotaging the USPS.
Prove it.
"Sabotaging" the USPS by inventing the internet and e-mail, starting a 2 decade long massive downturn in letter-sized mail, and systematically locking and removing unused, regularly stolen, and damaged mail boxes. Then repairing and removing outdated and broken letter sorting devices (in favor of more needed parcel handling technology.)

Diabilical.

Those Republicans sure can play the long game!

The origin of the infamous shut-down mailbox pictures that have been recently trending on Twitter:
https://www.dailynews.com/2016/04/23/th ... ke-action/
Kram, we didn't have this problem of long delays in mail delivery 6 months ago.

It's not a 'long game'.
We've encountered sporadic inordinate snail mail delays also, from both near & far. No pattern.
Listening to the PG's Congressional hearings, I attribute it to covid caused staffing shortages.
He emphasized that USPS has a very liberal sick leave policy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Prove it.
"Sabotaging" the USPS by inventing the internet and e-mail, starting a 2 decade long massive downturn in letter-sized mail, and systematically locking and removing unused, regularly stolen, and damaged mail boxes. Then repairing and removing outdated and broken letter sorting devices (in favor of more needed parcel handling technology.)

Diabilical.

The origin of the infamous shut-down mailbox pictures that have been recently trending on Twitter:

It's not a 'long game'.
We've encountered sporadic inordinate snail mail delays also, from both near & far. No pattern.
Listening to the PG's Congressional hearings, I attribute it to covid caused staffing shortages.
He emphasized that USPS has a very liberal sick leave policy.
plus elimination of overtime...and some sorting machines...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

A timely article from WaPo. Two courts have already found against Dejoy and friends.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

News article posted on Electoral-vote.com:

Yesterday, House Democrats unveiled a 158-page bill that would curb future presidents and take back power Congress has ceded to the Executive Branch over the years. Among other provisions it:

Limits the president's power to declare emergencies
Prevents federal officials from enriching themselves
Accelerates the process of enforcing congressional subpoenas
Protects inspectors general and whistleblowers
Increases penalties for officials who subvert congressional appropriations
Puts real teeth in the Hatch Act, including fines of $50,000 per violation
Safeguards elections against foreign interference
Requires the attorney general to keep a log of communications with the White House
Stops the clock for the president on the statute of limitations for any federal crime
Requires the president to spend funds appropriated by Congress in a timely manner
Forces the president to turn over documentation pertaining to any pardon
Forbids the president from pardoning himself
Requires political committees to turn over evidence of foreign meddling in elections to the FBI
Enforces both the foreign and domestic emoluments clauses of the Constitution
Nevertheless, there are areas that it doesn't deal with that it should, especially the use of acting appointments to circumvent the Senate confirmation process. The bill could have stated: "When a cabinet position is vacant, the highest-ranking Senate-confirmed person in the department becomes acting secretary for up to 60 days. If there is no such person, the president may install an acting secretary for up to 60 days a person who has been confirmed by the Senate as a secretary, deputy secretary, or assistant secretary of another department."

The bill also doesn't address the president levying tariffs on his own, a power the Constitution explicitly grants to Congress. There are no doubt plenty of other things that will be added before the bill comes up to a vote. It has zero chance of being enacted this year, but if Joe Biden is elected president, Senate Republicans may gleefully sign up as cosponsors to the Senate version, just to hamstring him. Democrats will be happy to have them as cosponsors (as long as they don't try to weaken the bill) because they know Biden is not going to abuse the Constitution the way Donald Trump did. Further, Biden would be delighted to have his historical reputation be something like "the president who put the office back on an even keel, and salvaged the balance of powers between branches."
ggait

Post by ggait »

Here's the thing. Maybe Dejoy is completely correct that it is just standard operations stuff going on. Or maybe that's a complete lie. But no one is in a position to believe what he says. Why?

Because his boss spews FUD on a daily basis as a core competency. And his staffers do the same thing -- Michael Caputo for example.

Is he really going to nuke NK? Is he really going to refuse to acknowledge the election? Is he really going to run for a third term? Is he really going to end birthright citizenship (entrenched in the Constitution) via exec order? Is he really going to build a wall? And get Mexico to pay for it? Is he really going to fork with the post office? Does HCQ really work? Does this Covid vaccine really work?

Does he mean some of that? None of it? All of it? Do we take him literally? Or seriously? Or not seriously? Is he just joking?

Bottom line, it is counter-productive and dangerous for POTUS to constantly throw crazy poop around like an orangutang. Having essentially no credibility is a pretty big problem for the leader of the free world. It ain't like selling condos or used cars.

If people are deranged by Trump, perhaps that is a completely appropriate response. Most of the people who have worked for him seem to think so.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:52 pm A timely article from WaPo. Two courts have already found against Dejoy and friends.
oops
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Prove it.

Diabilical.

It's not a 'long game'.
Long delays in mail? When/where? None here.
You must mean long delays in packages/parcels. That directly coincides with people ordering all their food /dry goods/sundries and having them delivered.
I don't pay much attention to the mail delivery, but yesterday my wife informed me we had not seen any mail for nearly 10 days. Even the usual junk mail. We then received a bolus of mail yesterday worth about 10 days of normal delivery. As usual, mostly junk mail.

I have been ordering a bunch of stuff off Amazon lately for an electronics project I am working on at home. It has all been delivered on time, but none of it came through USPS. As part of the project I needed a 120 uH inductor to make an LC AC power line filter. Had to order that from an electronic parts supply company. They shipped it by priority mail. It took 12 days to arrive. The package was trackable through the USPS tracking system. Normally this package would have arrived 3 days after shipment. The USPS tracking system indicated it was picked up on time and moved to the local Baltimore distribution facility on time. On the 3rd day it indicated it was out for delivery with an I would see it late afternoon. Wasn't delivered. Next morning I had a note indicating it was out for delivery with expected delivery time. Wasn't delivered. This went on day after day until finally it was delivered. This is not normal. This occurred over two weeks ago.

Something is going on and it is very recent, in fact in a time period where the Rona numbers have been about the best they have been since it all started.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:00 pm Moody's pipes up about the election, with a financial prediction:

From Scott Wong's Twitter feed:
Moody's: "We conclude that Biden’s economic proposals would result in a stronger U.S. economy than Trump’s."
https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/media ... -biden.pdf

Largely because of Biden’s substantially more expansive fiscal policies, the economy would return to full employment more quickly coming out of the
pandemic than under Trump — in the second half of 2022 under Biden compared with the first half of 2024 under Trump."

"Biden’s reversal of Trump’s policies on foreign trade and immigration would also contribute to stronger economic growth, so that by the end of their terms in 2024, real GDP would be $960 billion, or 4.5%, larger under Biden than Trump This translates into 7.4 million more jobs"
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm
Here's the thing. Maybe Dejoy is completely correct that it is just standard operations stuff going on. Or maybe that's a complete lie. But no one is in a position to believe what he says. Why?

Because his boss spews FUD on a daily basis as a core competency. And his staffers do the same thing -- Michael Caputo for example.

Is he really going to nuke NK? Is he really going to refuse to acknowledge the election? Is he really going to run for a third term? Is he really going to end birthright citizenship (entrenched in the Constitution) via exec order? Is he really going to build a wall? And get Mexico to pay for it? Is he really going to fork with the post office? Does HCQ really work? Does this Covid vaccine really work?

Does he mean some of that? None of it? All of it? Do we take him literally? Or seriously? Or not seriously? Is he just joking?

Bottom line, it is counter-productive and dangerous for POTUS to constantly throw crazy poop around like an orangutang. Having essentially no credibility is a pretty big problem for the leader of the free world. It ain't like selling condos or used cars.

If people are deranged by Trump, perhaps that is a completely appropriate response. Most of the people who have worked for him seem to think so.
Calm down. We're trying to figure out why the snail mail is late so '72 can finish making his electrical gizmo.

Maybe it's those little green men in the parking lot of the Baltimore USPS regional distribution facility.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Prove it.

Diabilical.

It's not a 'long game'.
You must mean long delays in packages/parcels. That directly coincides with people ordering all their food /dry goods/sundries and having them delivered.
I don't pay much attention to the mail delivery, but yesterday my wife informed me we had not seen any mail for nearly 10 days. Even the usual junk mail. We then received a bolus of mail yesterday worth about 10 days of normal delivery. As usual, mostly junk mail.

I have been ordering a bunch of stuff off Amazon lately for an electronics project I am working on at home. It has all been delivered on time, but none of it came through USPS. As part of the project I needed a 120 uH inductor to make an LC AC power line filter. Had to order that from an electronic parts supply company. They shipped it by priority mail. It took 12 days to arrive. The package was trackable through the USPS tracking system. Normally this package would have arrived 3 days after shipment. The USPS tracking system indicated it was picked up on time and moved to the local Baltimore distribution facility on time. On the 3rd day it indicated it was out for delivery with an I would see it late afternoon. Wasn't delivered. Next morning I had a note indicating it was out for delivery with expected delivery time. Wasn't delivered. This went on day after day until finally it was delivered. This is not normal. This occurred over two weeks ago.

Something is going on and it is very recent, in fact in a time period where the Rona numbers have been about the best they have been since it all started.
Is LC a choke-capacitor? My mail has been very inconsistent. We go several days with nothing. Been leaving here for over 20 years and the mail has suddenly become odd.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:34 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:00 pm Moody's pipes up about the election, with a financial prediction:

From Scott Wong's Twitter feed:
Moody's: "We conclude that Biden’s economic proposals would result in a stronger U.S. economy than Trump’s."
https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/media ... -biden.pdf

Largely because of Biden’s substantially more expansive fiscal policies, the economy would return to full employment more quickly coming out of the
pandemic than under Trump — in the second half of 2022 under Biden compared with the first half of 2024 under Trump."

"Biden’s reversal of Trump’s policies on foreign trade and immigration would also contribute to stronger economic growth, so that by the end of their terms in 2024, real GDP would be $960 billion, or 4.5%, larger under Biden than Trump This translates into 7.4 million more jobs"
Yesterday I saw an article where some large number of economists had all come to this same conclusion, the economy would do better under Biden. I'll try to find it again.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Prove it.

Diabilical.

It's not a 'long game'.

Is LC a choke-capacitor? My mail has been very inconsistent. We go several days with nothing. Been leaving here for over 20 years and the mail has suddenly become odd.
Just for clarity, the part ordered was shipped in a standard USPS Priority Mail envelope. Nothing special about it from the perspective of handling. This kind of stuff is shipped through the mail all the time.

Inductors are sometimes also called chokes, but it depends on how they are configured during manufacture. This was not a choke. Normally chokes are used by themselves as general random electrical noise filters. I am trying to eliminate a specific type of non-random power line noise with known frequency characteristics.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm News article posted on Electoral-vote.com:

Yesterday, House Democrats unveiled a 158-page bill that would curb future presidents and take back power Congress has ceded to the Executive Branch over the years. Among other provisions it:

Limits the president's power to declare emergencies
Prevents federal officials from enriching themselves
Accelerates the process of enforcing congressional subpoenas
Protects inspectors general and whistleblowers
Increases penalties for officials who subvert congressional appropriations
Puts real teeth in the Hatch Act, including fines of $50,000 per violation
Safeguards elections against foreign interference
Requires the attorney general to keep a log of communications with the White House
Stops the clock for the president on the statute of limitations for any federal crime
Requires the president to spend funds appropriated by Congress in a timely manner
Forces the president to turn over documentation pertaining to any pardon
Forbids the president from pardoning himself
Requires political committees to turn over evidence of foreign meddling in elections to the FBI
Enforces both the foreign and domestic emoluments clauses of the Constitution
Nevertheless, there are areas that it doesn't deal with that it should, especially the use of acting appointments to circumvent the Senate confirmation process. The bill could have stated: "When a cabinet position is vacant, the highest-ranking Senate-confirmed person in the department becomes acting secretary for up to 60 days. If there is no such person, the president may install an acting secretary for up to 60 days a person who has been confirmed by the Senate as a secretary, deputy secretary, or assistant secretary of another department."

The bill also doesn't address the president levying tariffs on his own, a power the Constitution explicitly grants to Congress. There are no doubt plenty of other things that will be added before the bill comes up to a vote. It has zero chance of being enacted this year, but if Joe Biden is elected president, Senate Republicans may gleefully sign up as cosponsors to the Senate version, just to hamstring him. Democrats will be happy to have them as cosponsors (as long as they don't try to weaken the bill) because they know Biden is not going to abuse the Constitution the way Donald Trump did. Further, Biden would be delighted to have his historical reputation be something like "the president who put the office back on an even keel, and salvaged the balance of powers between branches."
"Accelerates the process of enforcing congressional subpoenas"

Unless your name is Eric Holder then it doesn't apply to you. :D

https://www.usnews.com/debate-club/was- ... 0committee.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:12 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:07 pm Who watches this show? Hunter Biden, facts ....please ignore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F09dS9AkKM
It’s not illegal.
yet.....other threads describes a "new" bill ......making it so ?? :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Prove it.

Diabilical.

It's not a 'long game'.

Just for clarity, the part ordered was shipped in a standard USPS Priority Mail envelope. Nothing special about it from the perspective of handling. This kind of stuff is shipped through the mail all the time.

Inductors are sometimes also called chokes, but it depends on how they are configured during manufacture. This was not a choke. Normally chokes are used by themselves as general random electrical noise filters. I am trying to eliminate a specific type of non-random power line noise with known frequency characteristics.
does this all mean i have 10 days longer to pay my bills?
Typical Lax Dad

Prove it.

Diabilical.

It's not a 'long game'.

Thanks. I have very little electrical mechanical expertise but I have had a lot of amplifiers built and filtering noise out of the power supply is important. I just had a new preamp delivered last month. Also have some huge plate chokes on my amplifier in addition to a filter choke.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:12 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:07 pm Who watches this show? Hunter Biden, facts ....please ignore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F09dS9AkKM
It’s not illegal.
yet.....other threads describes a "new" bill ......making it so ?? :roll:
Yep. I remember you being all over Trump’s Russian conflicts!
👍
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Prove it.

Diabilical.

It's not a 'long game'.

does this all mean i have 10 days longer to pay my bills?
... don't think so.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:54 pm PB cannot read again - there is nothing in his linked press release to support any notion of a crime - just that an investigation is occurring, and they have secured the cooperation of the officials from the election office.

Normally this would not even be in a press release but the currently politicized DOJ is trying to yank the chains of gullible suckers like PB.
Press release is GONE from the DOJ website!

(Oh - and they were PRIMARY ballots in question...)

Return to “POLITICS”