2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:14 pm Here's some good news on voting procedures that I hadn't focused on before.

Despite its reputation (hanging chads), Florida actually seems to have its voting act fairly pulled together:

lots of prior experience with mail/remote voting
lots of prior experience using drop boxes (although being open 24/7 would be better than 9-5)
ballot delivery deadline is poll close on Election Day -- 7PM ET (so ballots can't trickle in via mail over the next several days)
they can start processing/counting votes three weeks in advance

So unless it is Bush/Gore close, FL (unlike Mich, WI, OH, PA) should be able to release results fairly early on election night. If it goes to Joe, that's pretty much ballgame. If it goes for Trump, then the game continues into the other swing states.

AZ should also be able to release results on election night, although it runs on Mountain time.

NC might be able to announce if it isn't too close. They do start counting early, but allow post-marked ballots to dribble in for three days.

WI cuts off ballots on election day (good) but don't start counting until election day (bad/dumb).

Mich, OH, PA allow ballots to dribble in (bad) for several days and they don't start counting (under current law unless changed) until election day (bad/dumb).

Let's hope Mike's cash dump nails FL down for Joe.
what is the reasoning for having ballots allowed to come in after election, postmarked day of, etc, if you know?

as i ask the question, there's not one legitimate reason i can think of that would sway me to say "that makes sense".
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:30 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:14 pm Here's some good news on voting procedures that I hadn't focused on before.

Despite its reputation (hanging chads), Florida actually seems to have its voting act fairly pulled together:

lots of prior experience using drop boxes (although being open 24/7 would be better than 9-5)
ballot delivery deadline is poll close on Election Day -- 7PM ET (so ballots can't trickle in via mail over the next several days)

So unless it is Bush/Gore close, FL (unlike Mich, WI, OH, PA) should be able to release results fairly early on election night. If it goes to Joe, that's pretty much ballgame. If it goes for Trump, then the game continues into the other swing states.

AZ should also be able to release results on election night, although it runs on Mountain time.

NC might be able to announce if it isn't too close. They do start counting early, but allow post-marked ballots to dribble in for three days.

WI cuts off ballots on election day (good) but don't start counting until election day (bad/dumb).

Mich, OH, PA allow ballots to dribble in (bad) for several days and they don't start counting (under current law unless changed) until election day (bad/dumb).

what is the reasoning for having ballots allowed to come in after election, postmarked day of, etc, if you know?

as i ask the question, there's not one legitimate reason i can think of that would sway me to say "that makes sense".
I vote the day of the election, my vote doesn't count?

Frankly, I think there's a lot to be said for all sorts of nationwide reforms to make voting super easy to do and for votes to be counted without delay.

Perhaps 5 days of in-person voting, including over a weekend, as well as voting at least a month ahead by mail, with ballots distributed universally.

But make it much easier to register to vote and to cast that vote. Including same day registration and vote. Then if you want to say that a vote postmarked 3 days earlier is the last date postmarked ballot will be accepted (no matter when the USPS gets around to delivering it) then fine. There's no excuse for mail taking longer than 3 days!

Quick note, a client (big accounting firm) mailed a large check via USPS on the 8th, confirmed...still not delivered now 10 days later...tell me the USPS hasn't screwed the pooch...this never happened before...
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Early in-person voting started today here in Virginia. Wait times of 30-60 minutes reported in some areas as a lot of people want to vote in person and there are limited #'s of people allowed at a time in the voting areas for COVID. I imagine that will settle down as early voting areas get the hang of it.

There are 5 early in-person voting locations here in Virginia Beach that also serve as mail-in ballot drop off locations. Nice to see our state take the bull by the horns on this one, hopefully everything goes pretty smoothly here.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:24 pm Early in-person voting started today here in Virginia. Wait times of 30-60 minutes reported in some areas as a lot of people want to vote in person and there are limited #'s of people allowed at a time in the voting areas for COVID. I imagine that will settle down as early voting areas get the hang of it.

There are 5 early in-person voting locations here in Virginia Beach that also serve as mail-in ballot drop off locations. Nice to see our state take the bull by the horns on this one, hopefully everything goes pretty smoothly here.

Virginia is full of federal bureaucrats intent on ruining a great state. Northern Virginia has more TDS virus than any other area locale. All because of federal bureaucrats.

The sane part of Virginia should secede and take UVA with it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

:lol: :lol:

God you guys are gonna be bummed on election night. Florida will go for trump by more than 5%. Mike could dump $50 billion and it wouldn’t move the needle.

Anyway, there are three counties which will fight and claw and sue (of course) to get days late ballots counted, IF THE RACE IS TIGHT. Many though not all federal judges, here like elsewhere, tend to be partisan democrats and will entertain arguments to receive ballots even if they vote twice days after the election date. It’s all such a clown car with Democrats involved. We just have to hope Trump wins nationally by enough to make the fraud by Democrats irrelevant.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:20 am It only took 3 years, thank goodness for the election cycle of PR would never get the much need funds approved by Congress, from IMPOTUS. And the F'er will take credit for it too...

Today the White House announced several major disaster aid packages for Puerto Rico, amounting to the largest allotment of disaster aid in U.S. history. Most of the money will be used to rebuild the power grid that was destroyed by Hurricane Maria, 3yrs ago today.
There is better late and then there is never. From what I have read the government of Puerto Rico did a terrible job distributing the aid that was given to them. How much aid was found in that warehouse not having been distributed? I don't know for a fact but maybe it took 3 years for the leaders in Puerto Rico to prove they finally had their chit together.
Everyone was to blame. I had a friend visit family there and she found them sharing power with 3 other families on their street. Power Grid and roadway infrastructure still down from storm; away from urban centers. Emergency Aid is a shotgun approach, you just hope to help out enough people quickly. Look at any Emergency Aid program, like the CARES ACT. However, 3 years later is deplorable, just because the Governor was upset with IMPOTUS... PETTY
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:49 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:20 am It only took 3 years, thank goodness for the election cycle of PR would never get the much need funds approved by Congress, from IMPOTUS. And the F'er will take credit for it too...

Today the White House announced several major disaster aid packages for Puerto Rico, amounting to the largest allotment of disaster aid in U.S. history. Most of the money will be used to rebuild the power grid that was destroyed by Hurricane Maria, 3yrs ago today.
There is better late and then there is never. From what I have read the government of Puerto Rico did a terrible job distributing the aid that was given to them. How much aid was found in that warehouse not having been distributed? I don't know for a fact but maybe it took 3 years for the leaders in Puerto Rico to prove they finally had their chit together.
Everyone was to blame. I had a friend visit family there and she found them sharing power with 3 other families on their street. Power Grid and roadway infrastructure still down from storm; away from urban centers. Emergency Aid is a shotgun approach, you just hope to help out enough people quickly. Look at any Emergency Aid program, like the CARES ACT. However, 3 years later is deplorable, just because the Governor was upset with IMPOTUS... PETTY
The need to bring pharma mfg back to the US from China made this a smart move.
Before the tax laws changed, PR was a pharma mfg powerhouse. Much of the infrastructure & work force remain.
Trump's right about the endemic corruption.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:45 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:24 pm Early in-person voting started today here in Virginia. Wait times of 30-60 minutes reported in some areas as a lot of people want to vote in person and there are limited #'s of people allowed at a time in the voting areas for COVID. I imagine that will settle down as early voting areas get the hang of it.

Virginia is full of federal bureaucrats intent on ruining a great state. Northern Virginia has more TDS virus than any other area locale. All because of federal bureaucrats.
Yep. And your team keeps pumping more, and more, and more money into that area.

Way to go, Pete. But yeah, little D's are bad, Pete.

Who do you think will spend more, Pete? Biden, or Trump.

:lol: Gee, it's SUCH a tough call, my liberal friend. Big government RULES, right Pete?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Yep. And your team keeps pumping more, and more, and more money into that area.

Way to go, Pete. But yeah, little D's are bad, Pete.

Who do you think will spend more, Pete? Biden, or Trump.

:lol: Gee, it's SUCH a tough call, my liberal friend. Big government RULES, right Pete?

Could you explain why all these federal bureaucrats whom you claim have it so great under Trump support him at roughly ZERO PERCENT?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:54 pm Could you explain why all these federal bureaucrats whom you claim have it so great under Trump support him at roughly ZERO PERCENT?

Answer: for the same reason that you don't think that U Florida is a liberal, government institution, Pete. You WILLING got your education from an institution that you think inherently sucks. You think Government is bad, and private industry is the only real choice.

Yet you attended a Government University because.....you don't think about such things.

Same goes for the government workers. Do you really think that the every growing DC bureaucrats making $150K or less would REALLY understand that Trump's reckless spending is the reason that a new position was made for them?

Come on.

Lobbyists get it. CEO"s get it. Private companies like yours that feast off of government spending get it. Military contractors get it.

Rank and file? It never occurs to them. They just to to work, and collect a check, and figure out where they're heading for their next vacation.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:54 pm Could you explain why all these federal bureaucrats whom you claim have it so great under Trump support him at roughly ZERO PERCENT?

Answer: for the same reason that you don't think that U Florida is a liberal, government institution, Pete. You WILLING got your education from an institution that you think inherently sucks. You think Government is bad, and private industry is the only real choice.

Yet you attended a Government University because.....you don't think about such things.

Same goes for the government workers. Do you really think that the every growing DC bureaucrats making $150K or less would REALLY understand that Trump's reckless spending is the reason that a new position was made for them?

Come on.

Lobbyists get it. CEO"s get it. Private companies like yours that feast off of government spending get it. Military contractors get it.

Rank and file? It never occurs to them. They just to to work, and collect a check, and figure out where they're heading for their next vacation.
Yep. Pay people just enough to keep them distracted.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Come on.

Not very nice calling public servants ‘idiots’. You won’t get to keep your DNC card with that attitude.

:lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Come on.

Not very nice calling public servants ‘idiots’.

:lol:
More TrumpLand "he didn't say that, so I'm just going to claim he said that anyway!", Pete?

Didn't call them idiots. I simply said it never occurs to them.

Just as it never-----not once----occurred to you that you INTENTIONALLY got your University education from a Government that you swear sucks at everything it does.

I will admit, that I absolutely get a chuckle that this never once occurred to you....until you came here.

And Im not a Dem. And many of those civil servants vote Republican, despite your hysteria. Same goes for the employees at U Florida....some of them vote Republican, too.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Oh no!!! People might actually vote!!!

Pete!!! You need to put a stop to this anti-Democratic nonsense where your fellow Americans vote for their preferred candidates.

You know: Putin wouldn't allow this nonsense. I have no clue why your team puts up with this stuff.

Minnesota sees 'absolute shattering' of record for absentee ballot requests
More than 1 million absentee ballots have been requested in the state.

And because Pete is Pete...it would never occur to him that Republicans vote remotely, too.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/minneso ... d=73101334
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:49 pm Oh no!!! People might actually vote!!!

Pete!!! You need to put a stop to this anti-Democratic nonsense where your fellow Americans vote for their preferred candidates.

You know: Putin wouldn't allow this nonsense. I have no clue why your team puts up with this stuff.

Minnesota sees 'absolute shattering' of record for absentee ballot requests
More than 1 million absentee ballots have been requested in the state.

And because Pete is Pete...it would never occur to him that Republicans vote remotely, too.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/minneso ... d=73101334

When I see Trump supporters I see nothing but smiles. People who dare to be happy.

Liberals are a miserable bunch, yelling and screaming and shrieking and behaving violently or issuing death threats.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:59 pm When I see Trump supporters I see nothing but smiles. People who dare to be happy.

Liberals are a miserable bunch, yelling and screaming and shrieking and behaving violently or issuing death threats.

More trolling. Pete......you have liberal friends, and liberal coworkers. Just stop with this stuff. No one is buying the act.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pete, I’m going to psychoanalyze you were here.

I have noticed that your tone has gotten more mean-spirited and your commentary has gotten crazier and crazier and less reality-based.

My diagnosis is that you are becoming more and more concerned that Trump is going to lose the election. Hence the striking out.

You’re welcome. I will submit my bill under separate cover. I take Visa, MasterCard and cash. But none of that CSA southern money.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:08 pm Pete, I’m going to psychoanalyze you were here.

I have noticed that your tone has gotten more mean-spirited and your commentary has gotten crazier and crazier and less reality-based.
Naaah. He's just upping his hourly social media intake----and, shocker.....it's telling him0---hourly-----that the Dems are bad, and the world is gonna burn down if TrumpyPants isn't reelected. Oh, and some kid in Portland, or some random city councilmember with a little D by their name has more power that the sitting President of the United States. So ignore what our President does, and worry about some kid named Steve that threw a rock.

Oh, and the Dems are bad. Never forget that, am I right? They're REALLY bad. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:08 pm Pete, I’m going to psychoanalyze you were here.

Naaah. He's just upping his hourly social media intake----and, shocker.....it's telling him0---hourly-----that the Dems are bad, and the world is gonna burn down if TrumpyPants isn't reelected. Oh, and some kid in Portland, or some random city councilmember with a little D by their name has more power that the sitting President of the United States. So ignore what our President does, and worry about some kid named Steve that threw a rock.

Oh, and the Dems are bad. Never forget that, am I right? They're REALLY bad. :lol:
Steve threw a rock at the police!! Some guy name Greg said it on the internet!!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”