Coaching Carousel

D1 Womens Lacrosse
cltlax

Re: Finally!

Post by cltlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:00 pm Furman names Kirkland Lewis head coach.

https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2021/11 ... coach.aspx
At least they got it done before Presidents Cup this week. Last big recruiting tournament of the Fall.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Are there coaching vacancies yet to be filled?
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:17 pm Are there coaching vacancies yet to be filled?
There are no D1 head coach vacancies as far as I know
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Coachlax11 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:12 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:09 am Saw Merrimack posted today, looking at their site have they really been without a coach for over a year, if so you just now post? Was moving to DI really a good move? Does anyone know where Coach Duffy went?

… Duffy was let go for breaking COVID protocols repeatedly. At least that’s the word on the streets. Afterward they went through a hiring process back in January and hired UNH alum and former Southern Maine (D3) HC Ashley Durepo. Not sure where she went but she was barely there for 4 months and now the job is posted again….
Looks like Jen "Fox" Sargent was tapped for the head coaching position back in September.

https://merrimackathletics.com/news/202 ... aches.aspx

https://merrimackathletics.com/sports/w ... rgent/1203
LaxCoach13

Eastern Michigan

Post by LaxCoach13 »

With their first season on the Horizon and just announcing a big recruiting class news comes that their HC resigns? What is the world is going on?
8meterPA

Re: Eastern Michigan

Post by 8meterPA »

She is still listed as the HC on the website - where did you see the resignation?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

https://emueagles.com/news/2021/12/21/g ... osse-coach
Groveston Jackson Resigns; Lane Named Interim Lacrosse Coach
YPSILANTI, Mich. (EMUEagles.com) - Eastern Michigan University Vice President/Director of Athletics Scott Wetherbee announced today, Dec. 22, that Head Lacrosse Coach Alicia Groveston Jackson has resigned from her position for a family opportunity out of state. Allison Lane, who has been with the program since June 2021, will serve as the interim head coach.

EMU will conduct a national search for the program's next head coach in the spring.

"I'd like to thank Alicia for helping us start the lacrosse program and for establishing an outstanding foundation of student-athletes that will lead the program into the future," said Wetherbee. "Although I am sad to see her leave Eastern Michigan, I understand her desire to be close to family and why this was such a difficult decision. EMU Lacrosse is primed for success on and off the field and I am excited to see this program continue to grow in excellence into the future. In the program's best interest, I'm thankful that Allison has agreed to step up into the role as interim head coach. This will allow us to maintain continuity within the program and provide the best possible student-athlete experience as our team gets ready to play its inaugural season in 2023."

Eastern, which announced that it would be adding women's lacrosse as the 19th varsity sport on Nov. 6, 2019, begins play in the 2022-23 academic year. EMU will be the seventh Mid-American Conference institution to sponsor the sport at the NCAA Division I level. Others in the MAC include Akron, Central Michigan, Detroit Mercy, Kent State, Robert Morris, and Youngstown State.

"I would like to thank Scott Wetherbee and Stacie McMullen for this amazing opportunity and their never-ending support for this program," said Groveston Jackson. "I am disappointed to not be able to finish what I started, but I know that this program will do big things. Allison and I have worked hand in hand over the last six months and this program will continue to excel under her watch. With the addition of Morgan Gott to our staff, Allison has exactly who she needs in place to support her in this endeavor. Their partnership will ensure success for this program moving forward."

EMU recently signed its second-ever recruiting class that features 29 student-athletes from 14 states and one province. In 2021, Eastern inked seven student-athletes, including one USA Lacrosse All-American.

Groveston Jackson, who began her duties at EMU on Nov. 16, 2020, will hand the reins of the program over to Lane on Jan. 7, 2022.

"It has been a pleasure to work with Alicia these past six months," Lane added. "Her leadership has truly set this program up for success. I wish her and her family all the best in their next chapter. I am very excited to assume the position of interim head coach. I'm looking forward to continuing our efforts of developing our student-athletes currently on campus, welcoming the 29 joining us next year, and building our Eagle lacrosse family. Thank you to Director of Athletics Scott Wetherbee and our sport administrator, Stacie McMullen, for their guidance as we create the foundation for Eastern Michigan University women's lacrosse."

Prior to her arrival in Ypsilanti, Lane served as a graduate assistant coach (2018-20) and volunteer assistant coach (2020-21) at Central Michigan University. As a member of the Chippewas' coaching staff, she assisted with the offense and draw-takers.

Before coming onto the scene in Mount Pleasant, Mich., Lane received her bachelor's degree in Communications at Marquette University. On the field, she was a four-year letterwinner and two-time captain as a standout midfielder for the Golden Eagles. During her time in Milwaukee, she was named to the All-Big East First Team twice (2016, 2018), All-Big East Second Team once (2017), and Big East All-Academic team three times (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18).

As a senior, Lane recorded career-highs in goals (39), assists (14), points (53), ground balls (47), draw controls (82), and caused turnovers (25). Her 47 ground balls remain the most in a single season in program history at Marquette. She concluded her senior campaign at the 2018 Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) Senior All-Star Game where she was selected to the North team.

For updates on all things lacrosse, continue to check EMUEagles.com or follow the team on Instagram, @EMU_Lacrosse, and Twitter, @EMU_Lacrosse.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

This seems to happen all too often across D1, D2 and D3. If you're not committed to the program, why do you take the job in the first place?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

If the program, department, and university are not committed to you, then why make your family pass up on opportunities so you can stay?

There is little chance Groveston was being compensated well enough to tell her wife “I know you have this great opportunity, but we should stay here.”
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

So she knew the salary and obviously it was acceptable when she took the job so how was the univ not committed to her?
urgettingwhatuaxed4

Post by urgettingwhatuaxed4 »

Very strange expectation. No other coaches, or people for that matter, pass up better opportunities, why should she?
Saban left his job for Alabama, among others
Obama left the Senate to be President
Shall I continue?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

urgettingwhatuaxed4 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:44 am Very strange expectation. No other coaches, or people for that matter, pass up better opportunities, why should she?
Saban left his job for Alabama, among others
Obama left the Senate to be President
Shall I continue?
we can certainly have a difference of opinion about commitment and you can continue if you'd like, but not sure your examples are helping your argument.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't you kind of have to know what the "family opportunity" is that she left for before criticizing her for the move?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

DMac wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:10 pm Don't you kind of have to know what the "family opportunity" is that she left for before criticizing her for the move?
I wouldn't disagree with that. My point was about a comment about schools not being committed to a coach so why would the coach be committed to the school.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Agree, that marriage needs a two-way commitment.
Dasher

Winthrop HC Coach Resigns

Post by Dasher »

Just curious. Anyone have any color on a replacement? Timing unfortunate this close to the season starting.
8meterPA

Re: Winthrop HC Coach Resigns

Post by 8meterPA »

opens the door for the return of Sung!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:23 pm opens the door for the return of Sung!
oh boy! %$*&@
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Dasher wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:34 pm Just curious. Anyone have any color on a replacement? Timing unfortunate this close to the season starting.
The state of the athletic department at Winthrop is unfortunate.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

8meterPA wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:19 pm This seems to happen all too often across D1, D2 and D3. If you're not committed to the program, why do you take the job in the first place?
This was NOT about a lack of commitment at all. This was really about an unexpected opportunity for Alicia's family.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”