Unfit Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: President Elect Biden

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:50 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:38 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:18 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:35 am What the H*LL is Joe Biden doing talking to foreign heads of state.

No ones officially clalled the election.

Doesn't he know about the Logan Act! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Filling a vacuum? The Toddler can't be bothered.
Talking in secret and lying to cover it up.... versus....official call with readout...

Put aside that these congratulatory calls happen with every transition when it becomes clear who the winner of the election is (which no allied leader questions is Biden), the big deal is that you don't do secret calls, compromising the United States in the process.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laughter because I responded cogently and coherently to a stupid trolling post?

ok, you were just joking/trolling.
Cogently?

Joe Biden raised the Logan Act when everyone in the Obama inner circle wanted to drop the Flynn investigation.

Because Joe TELLS us all he's violating it its OK with you. Cause hes got a D after his name.
:roll: Let me help you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized American citizens with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.

Text:
§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

Flynn violated the Act. He specifically was discussing a dispute with the US and urging an adversary to take a course of action with a promise that the dispute would be resolved favorably to the adversary once the new Admin took over.

The decision to not prosecute Flynn for this violation was prosecutorial discretion, they chose instead to prosecute him for lying to federal officers, which he then copped to having done...given that they had tapes...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:04 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:50 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:38 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:18 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:35 am What the H*LL is Joe Biden doing talking to foreign heads of state.

No ones officially clalled the election.

Doesn't he know about the Logan Act! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Filling a vacuum? The Toddler can't be bothered.
Talking in secret and lying to cover it up.... versus....official call with readout...

Put aside that these congratulatory calls happen with every transition when it becomes clear who the winner of the election is (which no allied leader questions is Biden), the big deal is that you don't do secret calls, compromising the United States in the process.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laughter because I responded cogently and coherently to a stupid trolling post?

ok, you were just joking/trolling.
Cogently?

Joe Biden raised the Logan Act when everyone in the Obama inner circle wanted to drop the Flynn investigation.

Because Joe TELLS us all he's violating it its OK with you. Cause hes got a D after his name.
:roll: Let me help you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized American citizens with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.

Text:
§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

Flynn violated the Act. He specifically was discussing a dispute with the US and urging an adversary to take a course of action with a promise that the dispute would be resolved favorably to the adversary once the new Admin took over.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

And your emojis mean what exactly, just more trolling?
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am Joe Biden raised the Logan Act when everyone in the Obama inner circle wanted to drop the Flynn investigation.

That's not how this works. They didn't charge Flynn with violating the Logan Act.

YOU laughed at the idea that Flynn violated the act. Remember?

So you don't get to complain when 'someone else" does what Flynn did.

At the time, I said that what Flynn did with wasn't illegal, and wasn't unethical.

But I did say it was a dumb practice. And I think it's a dumb practice if Biden has policy conversations with leaders before he's sworn in.

But my opinion doesn't count.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:10 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am Joe Biden raised the Logan Act when everyone in the Obama inner circle wanted to drop the Flynn investigation.

That's not how this works. They didn't charge Flynn with violating the Logan Act.

At the time, I said that what Flynn did with wasn't illegal, and wasn't unethical.

But I did say it was a dumb practice. And I think it's a dumb practice if Biden has policy conversations with leaders before he's sworn in.

Whos complaining. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. The guy who gave the administration the reason to continue the Flynn investigation is doing exactly the same thing Flynn did. Exactly
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:15 am Whos complaining. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.
Yeah, that's not how this works. You can't do that without pointing out YOUR hypocrisy.

You said what Flynn did was no big deal. That's your stand. That's FoxNation's stand.

So you shouldn't even notice when Biden does it.....

And if you remember, no one charged Flynn with Logan violations. So there's no problem here.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:22 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:15 am Whos complaining. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.
Yeah, that's not how this works. You can't do that without pointing out YOUR hypocrisy.

You said what Flynn did was no big deal. That's your stand. That's FoxNation's stand.

And if you remember, no one charged Flynn with Logan violations. So there's no problem here.
And unless Biden is actively trying to modify foreign policy, taking a congratulatory call is not a violation of the Logan Act.

The issue with Flynn was whether he was making assurances of actions to be taken by a future Trump administration. No one has come up with any credible evidence that Biden is doing that at this point. So the Logan Act is irrelevant.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:57 am

And unless Biden is actively trying to modify foreign policy, taking a congratulatory call is not a violation of the Logan Act.

The issue with Flynn was whether he was making assurances of actions to be taken by a future Trump administration. No one has come up with any credible evidence that Biden is doing that at this point. So the Logan Act is irrelevant.
Roll the tape:

https://apnews.com/article/d47a5be3e464 ... 7dc52278f3
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:02 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:57 am

Roll the tape:

https://apnews.com/article/d47a5be3e464 ... 7dc52278f3
Gee, that requires reading comprehension...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:15 am

Whos complaining. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. The guy who gave the administration the reason to continue the Flynn investigation is doing exactly the same thing Flynn did. Exactly
... be sure to point out your own sparky. You are now arguing the Logan Act is relevant while althrough the Flynn case you argued it wasn't and "he didn't do nuttin". :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:25 pm

... be sure to point out your own sparky. You are now arguing the Logan Act is relevant while althrough the Flynn case you argued it wasn't and "he didn't do nuttin". :lol: :lol:
O sir I am not. I don't care at all about it. Just an example of the hypocrisy soon to fall heavily on us
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

The behavior of Trump and Biden on Veterans Day is a stark reminder that they are not all the same.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:41 pm The behavior of Trump and Biden on Veterans Day is a stark reminder that they are not all the same.
Oh no, TAATS. :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Catchy!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:16 pm

O sir I am not. I don't care at all about it. Just an example of the hypocrisy soon to fall heavily on us
Please stop with this. Read the darn Logan Act.

It's not a close call.

It's just dishonest or ignorant to say otherwise at this point, so stop.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:51 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Please stop with this. Read the darn Logan Act.

It's not a close call.

It's just dishonest or ignorant to say otherwise at this point, so stop.
S.O.P
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MSNBC called Arizona and Georgia for Biden. I assume CNN and others have now done the same. No real suspense. Blind squirrels could have made the call on Monday and been right.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 pm MSNBC called Arizona and Georgia for Biden. I assume CNN and others have now done the same. No real suspense. Blind squirrels could have made the call on Monday and been right.
I thought both states were a done deal days ago? i thought the republicans already moved on to circling their wagons for the senate race in Georgia, being the peaches that they are.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It's a thing called Karma ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”