2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:23 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:34 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:23 am
DMac wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:11 am Put me on record as agreeing with Sharpton and Jemele.....a very rare occasion.
"What is scary is that people are buying into it,"
Indeed it is, and it boggles my mind how commonplace this is anymore.
Very disappointed in many of my fellow citizens.
This is the quote for me in that article DMac: "I don't think they vetted him or cared: 'Put a Black guy, there's a Black guy, here's my guy.' And as he began to become exposed … it doesn't matter: 'We're throwing a Black guy in the ring with a Black guy.'

I mean, what's the difference, right?
Way back in the day a black guy named Ali was thrown into the ring with some guy named Foreman. Was one of them a better black guy than the other? On that night the best man won. The people of Georgia will decide in 2 weeks. With all the talk about "voter supression " the early voting results show record numbers of Georgians having already voted. May the best candidate win.
Thanks for this curious bit of point missing, again.
What point is there to miss counselor?? I understand the point. My reading comprehension is 20/20. The fact does not change one iota counselor. One of these 2 black men will be the next US Senator from the state of Georgia. The people of the state of Georgia will make their decision. If you paid attention to detail, that is what I have been saying all along. FTR, to assuage all of the complaints about voter suppression the early voting numbers are off of the charts. I think it is a fair assumption to say this will be a fair election in the state of Georgia. Do you disagree that it will be a fair and honest election??
There's zero doubt that one of these black men is "better" than the other. That's not how elections work though....
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:03 pm Armed people camped out by voter drop boxes in AZ, intimidating voters.

All you dumbasses, by all means, keep playing with this fire, and keep pretending like you're too fu*king stupid to understand that these games can't possibly spin out of control.

And shocker, they're all white men. It's almost as if this has NOTHING to do with voting. :roll:
If you don't denounce it, you are complicit. Period.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/rub ... n-florida/

Rubio Supporter Savagely Beaten While Canvassing in Florida

By ARI BLAFF, October 24, 2022 2:29 PM

A man wearing a t-shirt supporting Senator Marco Rubio was brutally attacked in Hialeah, Fla., Sunday night because he was in the neighborhood canvassing on behalf of a Republican, the senator tweeted Monday.

According to Rubio’s tweet, the man suffered internal bleeding as well as a broken jaw and “will need reconstructive surgery.” The unidentified man was also reportedly wearing a hat supportive of Florida governor Ron DeSantis.

The local police department confirmed Monday afternoon that an unnamed 27-year-old victim was assaulted while handing out fliers but, according to police, there was only one attacker.

The victim was told by his attacker not to distribute the flyers. When he tried to walk away, the attacker, Javier Lopez, 25, followed him, and began striking him repeatedly in the head and face, Hialeah Sgt. Jose Torres noted to the Miami Herald in an email.

Rubio addressed the attack at a Monday rally held to mark the start of early voting in Florida.

“Sadly, we get the news and we’re still waiting for details. It’s always important to have details. We’re not like these other people that always jump to conclusions, but we know this: Someone wearing a Rubio T-Shirt and a DeSantis hat was walking in a neighborhood not far from here yesterday when four individuals assaulted him, broke his nose, broke his jaw,” Rubio told the crowd.

The comedienne Kathy Griffin responded to Rubio’s tweet by saying: “You have lied too much over the years for us to believe you now.” In 2017, Griffin participated in a photo shoot with a beheaded and bloodied mannequin of Trump.

Since the Supreme Court’s summer ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, conservative people and organizations across the country have been repeatedly targeted for vandalism, harassment, and outright assault.

Despite nearly 50 incidents of vandalism, including firebombings, at pregnancy centers across the country since June, the FBI has not arrested a single perpetrator.

The FBI announced it planned to treat such violence “as acts of domestic violent terrorism” following the spate of attacks and the urgings of over 124 Republican Members of Congress.
You should be afraid. I heard Soros is invovled in the FBI cover up.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:11 am Put me on record as agreeing with Sharpton and Jemele.....a very rare occasion.
This is the quote for me in that article DMac: "I don't think they vetted him or cared: 'Put a Black guy, there's a Black guy, here's my guy.' And as he began to become exposed … it doesn't matter: 'We're throwing a Black guy in the ring with a Black guy.'

Way back in the day a black guy named Ali was thrown into the ring with some guy named Foreman. Was one of them a better black guy than the other? On that night the best man won. The people of Georgia will decide in 2 weeks. With all the talk about "voter supression " the early voting results show record numbers of Georgians having already voted. May the best candidate win.
What point is there to miss counselor?? I understand the point. My reading comprehension is 20/20. The fact does not change one iota counselor. One of these 2 black men will be the next US Senator from the state of Georgia. The people of the state of Georgia will make their decision. If you paid attention to detail, that is what I have been saying all along. FTR, to assuage all of the complaints about voter suppression the early voting numbers are off of the charts. I think it is a fair assumption to say this will be a fair election in the state of Georgia. Do you disagree that it will be a fair and honest election??
What's important to note here is that democrats have NEVER run an unvetted, unqualified candidate, pandered to voters, or engaged in identity politics before. Ever.

:lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:03 pm Armed people camped out by voter drop boxes in AZ, intimidating voters.

All you dumbasses, by all means, keep playing with this fire, and keep pretending like you're too fu*king stupid to understand that these games will spin out of control.

And shocker, they're all white men. It's almost as if this has NOTHING to do with voting. :roll:
Not arguing with you, but before you go off the deep end....
Ballot Drop boxes do have surveillance laws that must be abided by. In Georgia for instance:

The opening slot of a drop box shall not allow ballots to be tampered with or removed and shall be designed to minimize the ability for liquid or other substances that may damage ballots to be poured into the drop box. A drop box shall be labeled "OFFICIAL ABSENTEE BALLOT DROP BOX" and shall clearly display the signage developed by the Secretary of State pertaining to Georgia law with regard to who is allowed to return absentee ballots and destroying, defacing, or delaying delivery of ballots. The drop box location shall have adequate lighting and be under constant surveillance by an election official or his or her designee, law enforcement official, or licensed security guard.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections ... umber.aspx
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:51 pm

What's important to note here is that democrats have NEVER run an unvetted, unqualified candidate, pandered to voters, or engaged in identity politics before. Ever.

:lol:
I literally just pointed out the treatment of Kamala before and after the election as experessed by her beign put in the box afterwards in a note within the last two days.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

reich wing intimidation of voters at the drop in ballot boxes:

Right-wing Vigilantes Sued for Intimidating Arizona Voters
October 24, 2022

https://www.democracydocket.com/news-al ... na-voters/

WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Monday, Oct. 24, the Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans and Voto Latino filed a lawsuit against Clean Elections USA, its affiliates and unidentified individuals (who allegedly have been “recruited or encouraged” by Clean Elections USA to monitor drop boxes) challenging the organization’s voter intimidation practices in Arizona. The plaintiffs allege that there were at least five instances last week wherein Clean Elections USA supporters “gathered at ballot drop boxes in Maricopa County with the express purpose of deterring voters.” The plaintiffs argue that Clean Elections USA’s alleged “coordinated campaign of vigilante voter intimidation” practices violate both the Voting Rights Act (VRA) and the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871. The plaintiffs request immediate relief preventing Clean Elections USA from further engaging in intimidation practices as Arizonans have begun early voting and there are only 15 days until Election Day.

This lawsuit comes after multiple instances of voter intimidation in Arizona were reported last week. When a voter was photographed and followed by a group of individuals while driving home to Phoenix after attempting to drop off their ballot at one of the two early voting drop box locations in Maricopa County, the Arizona secretary of state’s office referred this report of voter intimidation to the Arizona attorney general and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Later in the week, the Arizona secretary of state’s office referred two more reports of voter intimidation — again at drop boxes in Maricopa County — to the Arizona attorney general and DOJ.

The plaintiffs argue that Clean Elections USA was formed to intimidate voters in the wake of the debunked “2000 Mules” propaganda movie that spread false claims of voter fraud by painting voters as “mules” — “a term arising from a debunked conspiracy theory in which a shadowy, sprawling political cabal collects or forges absentee ballots and deposits them in drop boxes.” The plaintiffs note that Clean Elections USA’s founder, Melody Jennings, has “repeatedly and openly” stated that the purpose of Clean Elections USA is “to discourage the use of drop boxes.” The plaintiffs allege that the purpose behind Jennings’ efforts to “recruit[] a network of large groups deployed across Arizona at drop boxes is clear—to prevent voters from approaching drop boxes and using those tools to vote.” The plaintiffs argue that the defendants’ claim that they are deterring “ballot mules” is defunct: ‘“ballot mules’ are an invention of a debunked propaganda film; they do not exist. The people that Defendants are actually seeking to intimidate to prevent them from using ballot drop boxes are simply voters.” The plaintiffs further note that Jennings “has threatened to use the images and video captured by those crowds to ‘dox’ people; that is posting online a person’s personal information, opening them up to harassment by the general public.”

In today’s complaint, the voting rights groups detail several instances of alleged voter intimidation last week. The plaintiffs cite an incident from Oct. 17 where a voter filed a complaint with the state reporting “that a group of individuals were filming and photographing voters as they approached the drop box outside of the Maricopa County’s Mesa Juvenile Court. These drop box monitors also accused these voters of being ‘a mule.’ These monitors also took photographs of the voters’ license plate, of the voters, and followed the voters into the parking lot all while continuing to film.” The plaintiffs cite another incident in which “Maricopa County [sheriff’s office] responded to complaints about two individuals stationed around the Mesa drop box in the evening with full disguises, tactical ​​gear, and magazine clips.” The Maricopa County sheriff’s office later confirmed the cited individuals were armed.

Screenshot of two tweets by Nicole Grigg with an attached picture of two armed individuals in tactical gear in a parking lot. The text of the screenshot says "BREAKING: @MCSOAZ tells @ABC15 they are looking into several individuals watching a voter drop box in Mesa, AZ." The second Tweet says "MCSO confirms two individuals were armed."
In response to the reports of Clean Elections USA supporters in tactical gear, Jennings posted on Truth Social defending the right of these individuals to be armed:

Screen shot of Truth Social Post from @trumperMel which reads, "Someone called in seeing 2 of our people in tactical gear and armed. They will always gear up for a call like that. Thankfully wearing tactical gear and carrying in our country where the right to bear arms is an inalienable right, can and should be respected, especially when the goal is protecting the sovereign rights granted of every American citizen to a free and fair election. To me it was all a win/win."

The plaintiffs allege that the defendants’ actions violate Section 11(b) of the VRA, which prohibits voter intimidation, and the Ku Klux Klan Act, which prohibits “‘conspir[ing] to prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any citizen who is lawfully entitled to vote, from giving his support or advocacy in a legal manner.”’ The plaintiffs request that the defendants be temporarily and permanently prevented from “[g]athering within sight of drop boxes,” “[f]ollowing, taking photos of, or otherwise recording voters or prospective voters, those assisting voters or prospective voters, or their vehicles at or around a drop box” and “[t]raining, organizing, or directing others to do the same.” The plaintiffs argue that, without such relief, “voters will be subjected to intimidation, threats, and perhaps even force or physical harm at the hands of vigilante drop box watchers.”

Biden is nowhere to be found in all this. Instead, he is concerning himself with the Russia-Ukraine conflict rather than in campaigning for Democrat candidates. He will have no one to blame but himself if the Dems lose the Congressional majority since their priorities are in helping others rather than in helping those who need the help domestically.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

All you dumbasses, by all means, keep playing with this fire, and keep pretending like you're too fu*king stupid to understand that these games can't possibly spin out of control.

A man wearing a t-shirt supporting Senator Marco Rubio was brutally attacked in Hialeah, Fla., Sunday night because he was in the neighborhood canvassing on behalf of a Republican, the senator tweeted Monday.

According to Rubio’s tweet, the man suffered internal bleeding as well as a broken jaw and “will need reconstructive surgery.” The unidentified man was also reportedly wearing a hat supportive of Florida governor Ron DeSantis.

The local police department confirmed Monday afternoon that an unnamed 27-year-old victim was assaulted while handing out fliers but, according to police, there was only one attacker.

The victim was told by his attacker not to distribute the flyers. When he tried to walk away, the attacker, Javier Lopez, 25, followed him, and began striking him repeatedly in the head and face, Hialeah Sgt. Jose Torres noted to the Miami Herald in an email.

Rubio addressed the attack at a Monday rally held to mark the start of early voting in Florida.

“Sadly, we get the news and we’re still waiting for details. It’s always important to have details. We’re not like these other people that always jump to conclusions, but we know this: Someone wearing a Rubio T-Shirt and a DeSantis hat was walking in a neighborhood not far from here yesterday when four individuals assaulted him, broke his nose, broke his jaw,” Rubio told the crowd.

The comedienne Kathy Griffin responded to Rubio’s tweet by saying: “You have lied too much over the years for us to believe you now.” In 2017, Griffin participated in a photo shoot with a beheaded and bloodied mannequin of Trump.

Since the Supreme Court’s summer ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, conservative people and organizations across the country have been repeatedly targeted for vandalism, harassment, and outright assault.

Despite nearly 50 incidents of vandalism, including firebombings, at pregnancy centers across the country since June, the FBI has not arrested a single perpetrator.

The FBI announced it planned to treat such violence “as acts of domestic violent terrorism” following the spate of attacks and the urgings of over 124 Republican Members of Congress.
You might want to poke around on this story some more.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/15 ... 8229038080
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Strange the police in the Sun Sentinel article aren't telling the same story. Not claiming political motivation.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:23 pm

Yep. He deserved a beat down. No question.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:58 pm

All you dumbasses, by all means, keep playing with this fire, and keep pretending like you're too fu*king stupid to understand that these games will spin out of control.

Ballot Drop boxes do have surveillance laws that must be abided by. In Georgia for instance:

The opening slot of a drop box shall not allow ballots to be tampered with or removed and shall be designed to minimize the ability for liquid or other substances that may damage ballots to be poured into the drop box. A drop box shall be labeled "OFFICIAL ABSENTEE BALLOT DROP BOX" and shall clearly display the signage developed by the Secretary of State pertaining to Georgia law with regard to who is allowed to return absentee ballots and destroying, defacing, or delaying delivery of ballots. The drop box location shall have adequate lighting and be under constant surveillance by an election official or his or her designee, law enforcement official, or licensed security guard.

I don't understand-----is it your impression that these are election officials, or local police?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:29 pm

Well, I never said anything like that. I think the point you miss -- the one you always, always miss -- is that Rubio has a white supremacist who appeared in Charlottesville with "a lot of very nice people," canvassing for him. One wonders how the incident actually got started. What? Not waiting for the facts OS? Understood; when they appear to fit your malignant narrative, factual elucidation isn't, you know, so important.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:30 pm

I don't understand-----is it your impression that these are election officials, or local police?
Absolutely; local election officials are known to cover and block their license plate numbers, where tactical gear, and tote AR-15s while surveilling the drop boxes. Ask ggait; this is how it works in Colorado for sure.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... no indication they are local police. In photos they certainly don't look like police in an urban area like Maricopa County.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:33 pm

Well, I never said anything like that. I think the point you miss -- the one you always, always miss -- is that Rubio has a white supremacist who appeared in Charlottesville with "a lot of very nice people," canvassing for him. One wonders how the incident actually got started. What? Not waiting for the facts OS? Understood; when they appear to fit your malignant narrative, factual elucidation isn't, you know, so important.
The poor guy's obviously confused. Isn't he one of the replacements ? Should have been wearing his helmet instead of a DeSantis ball cap.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Calling him a White Supremacist is offensive. All kinds of people believe they are supreme in some way. Just like White Nationalists. Why wouldn’t we want them in the military?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:43 pm

Calling him a White Supremacist is offensive. All kinds of people believe they are supreme in some way. Just like White Nationalists. Why wouldn’t we want them in the military?
Is he a White Christian Nationalist ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:45 pm

Islamic
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:49 pm

Islamic
Whew. That's a relief. I thought he might have been... ya know.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Arizona and federal officials seem to think they are cases of intimidation. Apparently 6 such incidents in Arizona so far. Have also heard this type of activity is occurring in Colorado as well as Nevada.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:49 pm

Islamic
Whew. That's a relief. I thought he might have been... ya know.
Yep…I know…

:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”