Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:41 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:58 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:33 am It is not uncommon to file initial charges and then amend those complaints with additional ones as the investigation uncovers more evidence and facts.

So I would not be hanging my hat on what is out there right now. Watch the indictments of these various individuals and then watch them again because indictments often get superseded as well.

That said, sedition and incitement are high bars to clear for prosecution but if the evidence and testimony ultimately supports it the Feds will proceed with that.

Not for nothing, but it will be Merrick Garland's DoJ who will do it - a history check indicates he is the DoJ attorney who led the McVeigh CAPITAL case which ended in a conviction and execution.
I would hope that AG Garland enters his new job with no axes to grind. With the new rules against capital punishment that his boss believes in Timothy McVeigh would still be alive and kicking today. I wonder if Garland has any regrets about Timmy being put to death by the US gubmint? IMO he should sleep very well at night.
Regardless of who was POTUS in 2001, Garland was the lead prosecuting attorney for DoJ and he supported and won a CAPITAL case in 1997 while Bill Clinton was the sitting President. I don't think he could use a prescription for Ambien. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Garland could never win a capital case today working under his new boss. Timmy would be sitting in a federal prison today building LEGO buildings filled with imaginary federal employees and then knocking them to the ground. If Timmy committed the same crime today Garland would be advocating that he not be put to death. It is interesting the change in attitudes of people. Timmy blew up that federal building 30 years to soon. Instead of being put to death he would be sitting in prison cell and being able to relive his bravado with all of his new convict friends.
Actually, if you had actually read up on "Timmy" you would also know that he told his lawyers to stop filing appeals and this contributed to if not led directly to his fate. He wanted to be a martyr.
Yes, I understand that. I'm guessing your having troubles with your reading comprehension today. Please allow me to repeat it for you again. What I said was if Timmy wanted to become a martyr today the death penalty could never be put on the table. If Timmy was so dead set ( :D ) on becoming a martyr give him a hunk of rope and let him impose his own sentence on himself.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2021/ ... community/

So why not toss a live hand grenade into this discussion. If your white, should you feel guilty? If you don't feel guilty and you are white does that make you a racist?
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:30 am https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2021/ ... community/

So why not toss a live hand grenade into this discussion. If your white, should you feel guilty? If you don't feel guilty and you are white does that make you a racist?
I see it like this.....If White guilt is a noun (a thing), and BLM is a verb (action). How will BLM measure White Guilt did their job, so that there is no more need for BLM?

There seems to be no winners in this, progress struggles to happen when it is either judged as cynical, or done by someone you typically disagree with. Look no further than the Trump admin. and their steps to work with the black community.....its seen as pandering, fake, those in the room at the roundtables were uncle Tom's, it served no purpose, it only scratched the surface, it wasn't enough, he's a racist.

Part of the problem is the same one we have with material things and how marketing has destroyed the fabric of our thinking.....One bad part and you must throw it all away, the product is crap....no one knows how to work on problems and fix anything, just replace it with a shiny new thingamajiggy or a distraction to move us past staying engaged. Our way of thinking has evolved into 140 characters or less and it needs to work when I push the damned buttons.....he look, a butterfly... moving on.

Hell, we cant even shake a damn hand or give someone a hug anymore....it effing sucks.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:30 am https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2021/ ... community/

You do realize that these signs were most likely made and displayed by white supremacist sorts? Or is that what you're saying too?

Are you really asking whether white people should feel 'guilt' because white supremacist racism and institutionalized racism remains alive and well in America? I'd say outrage, not guilt.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:05 am

I see it like this.....If White guilt is a noun (a thing), and BLM is a verb (action). How will BLM measure White Guilt did their job, so that there is no more need for BLM?

There seems to be no winners in this, progress struggles to happen when it is either judged as cynical, or done by someone you typically disagree with. Look no further than the Trump admin. and their steps to work with the black community.....its seen as pandering, fake, those in the room at the roundtables were uncle Tom's, it served no purpose, it only scratched the surface, it wasn't enough, he's a racist.

Part of the problem is the same one we have with material things and how marketing has destroyed the fabric of our thinking.....One bad part and you must throw it all away, the product is dump....no one knows how to work on problems and fix anything, just replace it with a shiny new thingamajiggy or a distraction to move us past staying engaged. Our way of thinking has evolved into 140 characters or less and it needs to work when I push the damned buttons.....he look, a butterfly... moving on.

Hell, we cant even shake a damn hand or give someone a hug anymore....it effing sucks.
Totally agree on the last para!!!

Interesting analogy/thesis in the third para...agree as to 'hey, look a butterfly'...

On efforts seen as pandering, the issue will always be whether the efforts are indeed sincere, whether they actually comprehend the issue, or whether instead the knee jerk reaction is to deny the issue and point to "my black friend"...Let's be clear: there are genuinely good, non-racist conservatives fully capable of not 'pandering' in such efforts. Trump is not one such, nor is Steven Miller nor the idiots on prime time Fox, OAN, NewsMax, much of talk radio...

As to the first, I don't think BLM is promoting white guilt, I think they want equal justice. If so, I'm all-in.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:10 am

You do realize that these signs were most likely made and displayed by white supremacist sorts? Or is that what you're saying too?

Are you really asking whether white people should feel 'guilt' because white supremacist racism and institutionalized racism remains alive and well in America? I'd say outrage, not guilt.
The sign is 3 very simple words. No white guilt. I have no idea what the underlying message is suppose to be. You are correct in the respect it could be a message from some white supremicist group. It it could just as easily be a simple message that some folks should not feel guilty because of the color of their skin. This dovetails into the same thing I have said about the BLM movement. I was all on board with it until the cold hard fact was they did not care about black lives. They cared about black lives taken by police officers. The rest of the black lives taken in the holocaust that takes place on the streets of urban America everyday... that does not fit the agenda.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:38 am

The sign is 3 very simple words. No white guilt. I have no idea what the underlying message is suppose to be. You are correct in the respect it could be a message from some white supremicist group. It it could just as easily be a simple message that some folks should not feel guilty because of the color of their skin. This dovetails into the same thing I have said about the BLM movement. I was all on board with it until the cold hard fact was they did not care about black lives. They cared about black lives taken by police officers. The rest of the black lives taken in the holocaust that takes place on the streets of urban America everyday... that does not fit the agenda.
Nonsense about BLM not caring about lives lost to crime. Huge issue, just a different issue. You're simply wrong. Which is ok, because you clearly do care about the other issue. But your ire is misplaced re BLM. Get over it, stop grinding your teeth on it.

Re the sign, I'm just reading the article, sure sounds like that was the most likely purpose of the sign.

Again, I'd say outrage, not guilt, is the best response to racism.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Nonsense about BLM not caring about lives lost to crime. Huge issue, just a different issue. You're simply wrong. Which is ok, because you clearly do care about the other issue. But your ire is misplaced re BLM. Get over it, stop grinding your teeth on it.

Re the sign, I'm just reading the article, sure sounds like that was the most likely purpose of the sign.

Huge issue but different? Last summer in downtown rochester at a late night house party a disagreement between some young black kids resulted in one group coming back and turning the party into a shooting gallery. 2 teenagers shot dead and 16 others suffered gunshot wounds. That same evening a group of SBLM folks were protesting the death of Daniel Prude.They cared so much about those black kids that not a single person from that group came by the scene of the shooting to show support for the traumatized kids that were still there. They were a whole 5 minutes away from where the shooting took place. Nobody has been arrested in this mass shooting murder. The odds are the police know exactly who did the shooting. Everybody there knows who did the shooting. Huge problem but different you say? Bull effing chit. If you want to address a really huge problem start discussing the no snitch policy. There are 2 dead black teenagers and nobody will speak up and tell the police what they saw. Time for everybody to go back to the Daniel Prude protest and tell everybody that black lives matter. It is a huge thing... but it's just different. Yeah... got it Lima Charlie... Some Black Lives Matter. Those other lives are just another nagging problem to be dealt with down the road.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:46 am
Where's the justice for all the business owners who had their buildings torched or looted, or innocent people who were terrorized in their car or while dining out.
:lol:
Is he advocating for slave reparations, too?
The looting was just reparations. Senior citizens accosted while trapped when dining out or in their car were as terrified as members of Congress, locked down in their chamber behind armed security or evacuated to secure locations. It's no big deal for regular citizens to be terrified by political violence. It's healthy & therapeutic for the mob.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:40 pm

Huge issue but different? Last summer in downtown rochester at a late night house party a disagreement between some young black kids resulted in one group coming back and turning the party into a shooting gallery. 2 teenagers shot dead and 16 others suffered gunshot wounds. That same evening a group of SBLM folks were protesting the death of Daniel Prude.They cared so much about those black kids that not a single person from that group came by the scene of the shooting to show support for the traumatized kids that were still there. They were a whole 5 minutes away from where the shooting took place. Nobody has been arrested in this mass shooting murder. The odds are the police know exactly who did the shooting. Everybody there knows who did the shooting. Huge problem but different you say? Bull effing chit. If you want to address a really huge problem start discussing the no snitch policy. There are 2 dead black teenagers and nobody will speak up and tell the police what they saw. Time for everybody to go back to the Daniel Prude protest and tell everybody that black lives matter. It is a huge thing... but it's just different. Yeah... got it Lima Charlie... Some Black Lives Matter. Those other lives are just another nagging problem to be dealt with down the road.
man, why do you persist in acting dense?
Different issue from BLM, get over the branding of the name, their focus is on police violence against unarmed black folks.

In no way does that diminish importance of the issue you're grinding on.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:46 pm
Where's the justice for all the business owners who had their buildings torched or looted, or innocent people who were terrorized in their car or while dining out.
The looting was just reparations. Senior citizens accosted while trapped when dining out or in their car were as terrified as members of Congress, locked down in their chamber behind armed security or evacuated to secure locations. It's no big deal for regular citizens to be terrified by political violence. It's healthy & therapeutic for the mob.
Who one here suggests such nonsense? Just you.

But yeah, violent insurrection and sedition, egged on by those in authority, is quite different from what you describe, important as it is.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:55 pm

But yeah, violent insurrection and sedition, egged on by those in authority, is quite different from what you describe, important as it is.
Yes they are different. When you are a victim of the latter, 20,000 troops show up to protect you.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Yes they are different. When you are a victim of the latter, 20,000 troops show up to protect you.
Democracy is the 'victim', and if YOU decide to join the insurrection with your buddies, expect the whirlwind.

Why do I respond to you? :roll: You've become nothing more than another troll.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Different issue from BLM, get over the branding of the name, their focus is on police violence against unarmed black folks.

The misleading branding of their name is exactly why a shlub like me no longer supports them. Your all torqued out about police violence, I get that we all do. In the meantime the holocaust of black on black violence continues unabated. Your such an effing social justice warrior that you tell us don't worry about that. That will be addressed someday soon. You do know that someday never comes? This may come as a shock to you MD, the SBLM people can probably walk and chew gum at the same time. What organization would be BETTER qualified at this time to address BOTH issues. I think if they actually believed that black lives matter they could be an advocate for both points of view. So tell me there my social justice warrior friend, when does this nation put the same effort into ending black on black crime? What is your objective first things first? While you have your panties all in a knot about ending police violence thousands of young black kids are being slaughtered on the streets of America. Don't be concerned about that cradle, we can deal with that some other day...GOT IT Lima Charlie. When does that day come MD?
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:37 am

The misleading branding of their name is exactly why a shlub like me no longer supports them. Your all torqued out about police violence, I get that we all do. In the meantime the holocaust of black on black violence continues unabated. Your such an effing social justice warrior that you tell us don't worry about that. That will be addressed someday soon. You do know that someday never comes? This may come as a shock to you MD, the SBLM people can probably walk and chew gum at the same time. What organization would be BETTER qualified at this time to address BOTH issues. I think if they actually believed that black lives matter they could be an advocate for both points of view. So tell me there my social justice warrior friend, when does this nation put the same effort into ending black on black crime? What is your objective first things first? While you have your panties all in a knot about ending police violence thousands of young black kids are being slaughtered on the streets of America. Don't be concerned about that cradle, we can deal with that some other day...GOT IT Lima Charlie. When does that day come MD?
The same day we put a focus on ending white on white crime, cradle. People kill who they know, who they are contact with. But young black men do kill more young black men than any other demographic group, drug trade primarily.

According to the FBI, violent crime rate has dropped nearly 50% from 1993-2019...almost no change however in past 4 years.https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... n-the-u-s/

I've written plenty about my own feeling that the key element of reducing crime further, the decriminalization of drugs...won't repeat that all again now, but IMO that's the key to reducing in particular the killing of young black men by other young black men in the drug trade and lots of victims in the way.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 am

The same day we put a focus on ending white on white crime, cradle. People kill who they know, who they are contact with. But young black men do kill more young black men than any other demographic group, drug trade primarily.

According to the FBI, violent crime rate has dropped nearly 50% from 1993-2019...almost no change however in past 4 years.https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... n-the-u-s/

I've written plenty about my own feeling that the key element of reducing crime further, the decriminalization of drugs...won't repeat that all again now, but IMO that's the key to reducing in particular the killing of young black men by other young black men in the drug trade and lots of victims in the way.
I respect your opinion even though I disagree with your premise. We fought the 2nd world war on 2 fronts. We had to deal with 2 enemies at the same time. We did not have the option of dealing with nazi germany first before turning our attention to the Japanese in the Pacific. We fought both wars at the same time, we had no other choice. We can do the same thing here. We can hold our police officers accountable for their actions and expect the people that live in our cities to hold the criminals that live among them equally accountable for the crimes they commit. Unless your solution is to fight one war and put the other one off for another day. :roll:
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Democracy is the 'victim', and if YOU decide to join the insurrection with your buddies, expect the whirlwind.

Why do I respond to you? :roll: You've become nothing more than another troll.
+1
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:27 am

I respect your opinion even though I disagree with your premise. We fought the 2nd world war on 2 fronts. We had to deal with 2 enemies at the same time. We did not have the option of dealing with nazi germany first before turning our attention to the Japanese in the Pacific. We fought both wars at the same time, we had no other choice. We can do the same thing here. We can hold our police officers accountable for their actions and expect the people that live in our cities to hold the criminals that live among them equally accountable for the crimes they commit. Unless your solution is to fight one war and put the other one off for another day. :roll:
Nope, the racist, violent police are not allies with the drug traffickers killing for corner dominance.

Different problems, different solutions, not one war.

But I do think they should both be addressed in parallel.

And I'd agree, if this is also your point (I don't think you said so, but I will), that there's a relationship between police militarization ethos and the lethality of the drug trade battle, the danger a person (with or without a badge) faces when confronting a soldier in the drug trade.

I suspect that most BLM participants and their leadership understand this problem, the difference being (perhaps) that they don't blame the existence of the drug trade on black people. Nor do I, though the individual drug lords deserve no quarter or sympathy, IMO.

It needs to decriminalized, controlled, with addiction treated as a health issue, and the profits removed for the illicit trade. Huge benefits in reduced violent crime, reduced incarceration costs, reduced policing costs.

Dollars that could be far better spent on improving education and economic opportunity, especially in areas long damaged by redlining, both de jure and de facto.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:57 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:27 am

Nope, the racist, violent police are not allies with the drug traffickers killing for corner dominance.

Different problems, different solutions, not one war.

But I do think they should both be addressed in parallel.

And I'd agree, if this is also your point (I don't think you said so, but I will), that there's a relationship between police militarization ethos and the lethality of the drug trade battle, the danger a person (with or without a badge) faces when confronting a soldier in the drug trade.

I suspect that most BLM participants and their leadership understand this problem, the difference being (perhaps) that they don't blame the existence of the drug trade on black people. Nor do I, though the individual drug lords deserve no quarter or sympathy, IMO.

It needs to decriminalized, controlled, with addiction treated as a health issue, and the profits removed for the illicit trade. Huge benefits in reduced violent crime, reduced incarceration costs, reduced policing costs.

Dollars that could be far better spent on improving education and economic opportunity, especially in areas long damaged by redlining, both de jure and de facto.
"Nope, the racist, violent police are not allies with the drug traffickers killing for corner dominance."

Where is the predominance of the body count stacking up?

i could not disagree with you more in this respect. I understand how bad some of our cops are and the disconnect between the badge and the people they serve. When i was a young smart mouth teenager I had 2 incidents with the RPD that wound up with me getting my ass beat. I learned never to bust a police officers balls by calling them a "pig" I received an invitation to the back of a police cruiser where a couple of RPDs finest officers beat the hell out of me. When they took me home and i complained about the mistreatment given to me my dad felt so sorry for me he gave me an additional ass whipping for getting porky with a cop. The second time I was not moving fast enough for the officer who grabbed me, picked me up and slammed my head into a brick wall splitting my forehead open and letting me bleed all over the place. I still have the scar on my forehead but i never said jack chit to the cop. i just held my t shirt to my forehead until the bleeding stopped. Then I was arrested for loitering outside the gym where we were playing basketball a few minutes before. I get who the cops are. I will be 63 in a few more months and I still have resentments towards law enforcement. I understand their job better today than i did all those years ago. I understand that some of them are sick, sadistic SOBs. I never understood the flip side of the coin until my nephew became a police officer. The police will never be respected or earn the respect of the people they serve in many neighborhoods. That has not changed in hundreds of years. IMO by our own nature we have resentment towards authority, I know I did as a teenager. Don't snitch, don't squeel, don't rat out your friends don't ever tell the cops anything. So tell me again how the cops change the dynamics and persuade people to co-operate with the police when your entire life you have been told the exact opposite? :roll:
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”