Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: Voting Rights

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:08 pm Had to equivocate huh
Yepper.. if your gonna go high or low your nothing but a sexual predator. King Andy wanted to be POTUS. Too bad that dream will never happen.
Interesting that his party finally did something about it. Good for them. Would have been nice to see that back in 2016... Something something all the same or whatever.
NattyBohChamps04

Speaking of IDs and barriers to vote, could you pass this Louisiana literacy test in 10 minutes? One wrong answer (graded by cranky old white dudes) and you fail. This isn't ancient history, there are people voting today who had to take these.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/voting-literacy-test
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:13 pm Speaking of IDs and barriers to vote, could you pass this Louisiana literacy test in 10 minutes? One wrong answer (graded by cranky old white dudes) and you fail. This isn't ancient history, there are people voting today who had to take these.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/voting-literacy-test
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5qdCeMBiIU
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:12 pm
Yepper.. if your gonna go high or low your nothing but a sexual predator. King Andy wanted to be POTUS. Too bad that dream will never happen.
Interesting that his party finally did something about it. Good for them. Would have been nice to see that back in 2016... Something something all the same or whatever.
Maybe Trump can be the next predator charged. I never thought NYS prosecutors would actually charge Cuomo with a crime, but they are going to go through with it
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:00 am
Maybe Trump can be the next predator charged. I never thought NYS prosecutors would actually charge Cuomo with a crime, but they are going to go through with it
Please note that it was the sheriff who posted the charge not the DA which is the norm. The DA was/still is currently equivocating on whether he will proceed. At the end of the day its a he/she said case which are very hard to win in court. Likely sheriff thought the DA would give the king a pass. This does show the depth of dislike of the king inside the NYS Dem party as both the sheriff and DA are elected Dems. They will all be thrilled to see him arraigned even if he is never prosecuted.....meaning they will never have to run against him in a Dem primary for Governor ever.

NEW: Then Albany County D.A. in a letter to the court says the criminal complaint against former NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo was "deficient" by not including a sworn statement from the victim. Also more importantly, it describes the presence of *exculpatory testimony.*. They're postponing Cuomo's first court appearance from November to January 7th. The bet is that before January they will toss it all out.
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:11 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:00 am
Please note that it was the sheriff who posted the charge not the DA which is the norm. The DA was/still is currently equivocating on whether he will proceed. At the end of the day its a he/she said case which are very hard to win in court. Likely sheriff thought the DA would give the king a pass. This does show the depth of dislike of the king inside the NYS Dem party as both the sheriff and DA are elected Dems. They will all be thrilled to see him arraigned even if he is never prosecuted.....meaning they will never have to run against him in a Dem primary for Governor ever.
Hmm, maybe I don’t recall well but didn’t Eliot spitzer catch a charge and was close to running again?

Or he will pull a Paul Giamatti in Billions and run for AG!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Starting already. Fairfax County misses early ballot deadline.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:03 pm Starting already. Fairfax County misses early ballot deadline.
:lol: :lol: Trumpnista (Youngkin) getting their excuse for losing all lined up (surrogates been doing it for a week). So he won, will we hear anymore about this conspiracy??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:28 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:03 pm Starting already. Fairfax County misses early ballot deadline.
:lol: :lol: Trumpnista (Youngkin) getting their excuse for losing all lined up (surrogates been doing it for a week). So he won, will we hear anymore about this conspiracy??
Just reporting I heard on the WTOP last night.....
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I guess jhu72 got it wrong yet again. :lol: 🤡

(youth: Fairfax did delay, and the initial reaction among many was, here we go again…as it was, it was some kind of computer card which was not reading…lawyers from both sides were there and both signed off on the delay)

In any event, Virginia dodged a bullet last night by electing Youngkin, McAuliffe is such an awful person, no core principle other than his own wallet, he would have simply allowed a continued destruction of the ethos and culture of Virginia.

There is a silver lining for Democrats here, and that is, Youngkin didn’t win in a blowout, as I’d hoped. 2%. Not enough to claim some massive mandate from the voters.

But…. That’s a huge swing from 2020 obviously; the reality is america still has a massive problem with voters pulling levers for Democrats. I don’t mean to malign every Democrat, but let’s be real: their policies allow anti american Marxists to infiltrate more benign institutions like school boards, an institution which you generally would never think of, and wink at very cancerous themes like critical race theory, whose sole goal is to make American kids hate the very country they live in! Imagine hating America…you’re standing on the soil of hero’s who allowed you to have a venue to type on platforms like Fanlax. Every possible item of luxury you have today is because of freedom, of this country’s past, yet you spend your days hating it, and promoting (at best, simply objecting to) people who do nothing but absolutely despise this country,

It’s amazing to me. I can only vote for those who appreciate America and love her. That precludes most Democratic politicians. Truth.

Glenn will need to navigate gently here. He doesn’t have mandate per se, but he’s a smart guy who has a natural instinct of leadership which should give him multiple terms if he wants that. Another good benefit: he won with zero assistance from Trump, even keeping him at arms length, that helps most Republicans. McAuliffe tried to make this election all about Trump…meanwhile voters care more about their kids in school.

Murphy will win New Jersey, but the good news there is that doofus blowhard’s ego will be dented, at least for a few months. How anyone can pull the lever for this oaf is beyond me; new Jersey will continue to crater, meaning the voters just voted to delay their day of reckoning four more years. And the successful residents will continue to move to my state to escape the nihilism of Democratic policies. Unreal.
NattyBohChamps04

Back here in reality, it's a bad day for Virginia and the D's. McAuliffe did a good job as governor before and the Democrats have run the state well the past few years. We're one of the best states in the nation.

The Democrats are terrible at campaigning and letting the media and the right drive the narrative. CRT? :lol: You mean they're gonna ban the thing that's not taught in schools and most of the R's in the state can't even explain? If D's had simply touted all the policy wins they've had the past few years, they would have been sitting pretty today. McAuliffe handed the election in the second debate.

Hopefully Youngkin is a "moderate" as some extremists claim and governs for all Virginians, but we all saw how that panned out after 2016. :roll:

Honestly the best thing Republicans could do is absolutely nothing. Ride the coattails of the Democrats successes and coast to another win the next go-around. If they start pushing hard Republican and anti-American policies and drag Virginia down with them, they're gonna get kicked to the curb.

As far as voting rights, nearly all Virginians (R or D) weren't allowed to vote in the Republican primary. Youngkin was picked by the party, not voters.
Insanely undemocratic.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:06 am
Just reporting I heard on the WTOP last night.....
... I saw the same reports. One of Youngkin's surrogates (a died in the wool Trumpnista from southwestern VA) has been claiming she has proof of the democrats stealing the Youngkin election. This is the WTOP story. WaPo ran an article on her bullsh*t, presumably Youngkin owns this as well, yesterday morning. Gingrich has also been pushing the democrats are going to steal the election as well. Typical Trumpnista bullsh*t.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:09 am Back here in reality, it's a bad day for Virginia and the D's. McAuliffe did a good job as governor before and the Democrats have run the state well the past few years. We're one of the best states in the nation.

The Democrats are terrible at campaigning and letting the media and the right drive the narrative. CRT? :lol: You mean they're gonna ban the thing that's not taught in schools and most of the R's in the state can't even explain? If D's had simply touted all the policy wins they've had the past few years, they would have been sitting pretty today. McAuliffe handed the election in the second debate.

Hopefully Youngkin is a "moderate" as some extremists claim and governs for all Virginians, but we all saw how that panned out after 2016. :roll:

Honestly the best thing Republicans could do is absolutely nothing. Ride the coattails of the Democrats successes and coast to another win the next go-around. If they start pushing hard Republican and anti-American policies and drag Virginia down with them, they're gonna get kicked to the curb.

As far as voting rights, nearly all Virginians (R or D) weren't allowed to vote in the Republican primary. Youngkin was picked by the party, not voters.
Insanely undemocratic.
It is true that the republican primary was highly controlled by the party elite. It is more than fair to say the voters did not pick Youngkin to run against McAuliffe. This was an effort to keep the obvious, hardcore Trumpnista out. So the best we can hope for is Youngkin will not give the Trumpnista the time of day, but I am highly highly skeptical. I predict a hard push on Youngkin by Trump and his supporters. I am on record as not believing he can stand the pressure. He is weak. He will cave. Trump is going to want Youngkin to bend a knee in the near future.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:09 am Back here in reality, it's a bad day for Virginia and the D's. McAuliffe did a good job as governor before and the Democrats have run the state well the past few years. We're one of the best states in the nation.

Insanely undemocratic.

Not trying to embarrass you, but seriously, how are so many educated lacrosse fans so unaware of facts? Media? I’m ever-amazed at the obtuse nature of so many Democrats….if you ever wonder why this country elects jokes like McAuliffe, look no further than Natty opining on a topic he literally has no clue about:

McAuliffe himself was the first Virginia governor to promote CRT. In 2015, then-Governor McAuliffe's Department of Education instructed Virginia public schools to "embrace critical race theory" in order to "re-engineer attitudes and belief systems." They explicitly endorsed CRT.

Under the Northam administration, Superintendent of Public Instruction James Lane sent a memo to Virginia public schools endorsing "Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education," calling it an "important analytic tool" that can "further spur developments in education."

Right now, on its website, the Virginia Department of Education recommends "Critical Race Theory in Education" as a "best practice" and derives its definitions of "racism," "white supremacy," and "education equity" explicitly from "critical race theory."

At the district level, Loudoun County Schools hired a consulting firm to implement "critical race theory" and developed a high school class explicitly teaching "critical race theory." Even the district superintendent admitted the curricula "align with the ideology of CRT."

McAuliffe is playing a linguistic shell game to obfuscate about critical race theory. But the reality is that Virginia Department of Education promotes all of the *concepts* of critical race theory: "systemic racism," "white supremacy," "white privilege," "white fragility," etc.

You can see the official public documents I’m referencing here:

https://christopherrufo.com/mcaullifes-crt-lie/

Let’s not even get into how many wealthy Virginians have fled that state the last few years.
NattyBohChamps04

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 am Not trying to embarrass you, but seriously, how are so many educated lacrosse fans so unaware of facts? Media? I’m ever-amazed at the obtuse nature of so many Democrats….if you ever wonder why this country elects jokes like McAuliffe, look no further than Natty opining on a topic he literally has no clue about:

McAuliffe himself was the first Virginia governor to promote CRT. In 2015, then-Governor McAuliffe's Department of Education instructed Virginia public schools to "embrace critical race theory" in order to "re-engineer attitudes and belief systems." They explicitly endorsed CRT.

Under the Northam administration, Superintendent of Public Instruction James Lane sent a memo to Virginia public schools endorsing "Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education," calling it an "important analytic tool" that can "further spur developments in education."

Right now, on its website, the Virginia Department of Education recommends "Critical Race Theory in Education" as a "best practice" and derives its definitions of "racism," "white supremacy," and "education equity" explicitly from "critical race theory."

At the district level, Loudoun County Schools hired a consulting firm to implement "critical race theory" and developed a high school class explicitly teaching "critical race theory." Even the district superintendent admitted the curricula "align with the ideology of CRT."

McAuliffe is playing a linguistic shell game to obfuscate about critical race theory. But the reality is that Virginia Department of Education promotes all of the *concepts* of critical race theory: "systemic racism," "white supremacy," "white privilege," "white fragility," etc.

Let’s not even get into how many wealthy Virginians have fled that state the last few years.

You should look in the mirror. So can you actually show me where CRT is being taught to kids? Because I don't see it as an option for my kids here in Virginia. Or are you just gonna use buzz-words scared about rather than dive into the actual topics being discussed? Amazing how much of that DOE stuff was debunked a long time ago too.

CRT is an idea that college educated teachers can learn about to teach more effectively. It's a great thing for teachers to know. You people are scared about teachers teaching actual unbiased history.

It's like being mad at school lunches being healthy.

Amazing with all the hatred and divisiveness you throw at it, Virginia is still a better state. Even with Youngkin.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:40 am

Insanely undemocratic.
It is true that the republican primary was highly controlled by the party elite. It is more than fair to say the voters did not pick Youngkin to run against McAuliffe. This was an effort to keep the obvious, hardcore Trumpnista out. So the best we can hope for is Youngkin will not give the Trumpnista the time of day, but I am highly highly skeptical. I predict a hard push on Youngkin by Trump and his supporters. I am on record as not believing he can stand the pressure. He is weak. He will cave. Trump is going to want Youngkin to bend a knee in the near future.
Been back to the Martinsville/Danville area lately? Met up last spring with a buddy who runs a bank out of Martinsville, but we actually had breakfast in Greensboro and their ultimately moving the bank to NC. That SW VA area is stunning in geographic beauty but a mess otherwise, even Roanoke.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:30 am

Insanely undemocratic.
Been back to the Martinsville/Danville area lately? Met up last spring with a buddy who runs a bank out of Martinsville, but we actually had breakfast in Greensboro and their ultimately moving the bank to NC. That SW VA area is stunning in geographic beauty but a mess otherwise, even Roanoke.
Sounds like a great place to buy some land...maybe on the cheap?
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:42 am

Insanely undemocratic.
I want it somewhere between the VaTech exits and 199 (W&L territory/natural bridge) but not within 10 or so mi of Blacksburg or Roanoke off I81 for retirement. (and some kind of cold weather condo in AZ, NM or between Naples and Tampa) that's basically how I'd like to retire.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:42 am

Insanely undemocratic.
I'd go up to Harrisonburg or so actually, something like this

https://www.loopnet.com/search/commerci ... 2277c1851a
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:26 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 am Not trying to embarrass you, but seriously, how are so many educated lacrosse fans so unaware of facts? Media? I’m ever-amazed at the obtuse nature of so many Democrats….if you ever wonder why this country elects jokes like McAuliffe, look no further than Natty opining on a topic he literally has no clue about:

You should look in the mirror. So can you actually show me where CRT is being taught to kids? Because I don't see it as an option for my kids here in Virginia. Or are you just gonna use buzz-words scared about rather than dive into the actual topics being discussed? Amazing how much of that DOE stuff was debunked a long time ago too.

CRT is an idea that college educated teachers can learn about to teach more effectively. It's a great thing for teachers to know. You people are scared about teachers teaching actual unbiased history.

It's like being mad at school lunches being healthy.

Amazing with all the hatred and divisiveness you throw at it, Virginia is still a better state. Even with Youngkin.
So, if we are to take Petey's link at face value, CRT, as well as other constructs aimed at teaching critical analysis of texts, (eg environment, gender, etc) is being exposed to Loudoun County teachers such that they can be more aware of how the texts they are using reflect, are construed, can be understood or misunderstood, through various perspectives other than perhaps their own...in other words to be better critical readers and thinkers themselves.

The do NOT teach CRT to their students, but they DO (hopefully) become better teachers, more sensitive to a variety of issues they may well have been unaware of, or insensitive to, in the past.

Man, I want teachers at my school to be better critical readers and thinkers, and to help me learn to be as well. Don't teach me dogma, teach me to think critically.

So, what is it that parents are afraid is happening, and why are they so afraid about it?

Pretty obvious isn't it?

Return to “POLITICS”