The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: SCOTUS

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote:The damage that Kavanaugh has done to the Court he supposedly reveres will be lasting and maybe irreparable -- if he gets confirmed.
Agree, sc. If he gets confirmed I'll be throwing in the towel, you might see me on TV. I'll be the guy in the stands with the Vietnam Veteran hat (have never worn one...real good for effect here though) on, sitting during the National Anthem in the Dome.
:D
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

They were honoring Renate. If only she had known. I’m sorry. He’s a dirtbag.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote:
seacoaster wrote:The damage that Kavanaugh has done to the Court he supposedly reveres will be lasting and maybe irreparable -- if he gets confirmed.
Agree, sc. If he gets confirmed I'll be throwing in the towel, you might see me on TV. I'll be the guy in the stands with the Vietnam Veteran hat (have never worn one...real good for effect here though) on, sitting during the National Anthem in the Dome.
:D
That's a statement coming from you. :shock:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

And, all this time, I thought liberals were supported of treatment programs and the people in them. Comments here, and elsewhere, regarding mark judge, tell another story. From the same tribe the LOVES the redemption of one tiger woods. Fn hypocrites, that's all honey, just them.

We learned NOTHING from today. Except Ms. Ford vacations well. Or new terms, like "beach friends".
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Jennifer Rubin in the Post:

"The worst moment was his confrontation with Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) who questioned him about blackout drinking. She explained that she understood alcohol abuse because her father was an alcoholic. Have you ever blacked out? she asked. He sneered in response, “Have you?” It was a moment of singular cruelty and disrespect. One saw a flash in the exchange with Klobuchar the same sense of entitlement, cruelty and lack of simple decency that Christine Blasey Ford allegedly experienced way back when, the memory seared in her brain of two obnoxious teens laughing at her ordeal.

After the break, no doubt advised by a White House minder, he apologized. But the damage was done. The spontaneous reaction was the real one."

Mean drunk? Partisan political player and animal? Entitled rich kid from the Swamp suburbs? Friend of Mark Judge? Jesus, what a mess.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Clarance Thomas has already done that.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The guy that went before the SJC today...I believe his name is Kavanagh, was belligerent, arrogant and borderline ;) out of control. He looks like the same person that embarrassed himself and his wife/mommy(?) or whomever he dragged along on the interview on AILES NEWS.

So here's a person whose name was put forward by a Republican President and questioned by a majority Republican committee, suddenly and dramatically went into an I'm a rich-kid, free-form freak-out, meltdown. The coda was his knee-jerk screed that blamed THEM THERE DEMOCRATS. He obviously consumed a fair share of the Graham, Hannity, Miller, Huckabuck Koolade.

JEEZ....and all this time I thought he was a beer drinker. :shock:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU77 wrote:
ggait wrote:So the question is...how is this playing with Corker, Flake, Collins, Murkowski?
And Shelly Moore Capito (R-WV), a Holton-Arms alumna.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09 ... -kavanaugh
Ms. Ford apparently developed claustrophobia b/c of this alleged assault. That stinks. But, I was curious, since she is consistent with the upstairs bedroom story, WHAT song was turned up on the stereo? Like smells conjure up memories, so does music. Some songs invoke different memories.

I hear Carole Kings "it's too late baby" and I think of car rides returning from the beach. nice memory.

Extended version of the cures "a Forest", first song heard in the car after camping in the WHite Mountains and driving to Mt. Washington Hotel to sip G & T's with the lifelong friends. Awesome memory.

Any Led zepplin song reminds of the first youthful weed purchased, laced with angel dust. Because that was what was playing. Not cool. Bad memory. Got revenge on the scumbag though.

Music memories captured in this classic scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZxpZ5n2N8
DMac

Post by DMac »

We did learn something, russy, he'll lie and fib. "I never blacked out". That's a lie. Do I know that? Bet your nuts I do, I didn't have to witness it to know it.
I went through college a virgin. That's dealing from the bottom of the deck and holding back some cards. Sure not putting them on the table face up.
Guy's not applying for the sales manager job at the Chevy store.
He want to be da judge. The truth, whole truth, and all that.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Reports are that Collins, Flake, Murkowski, and Munchin are meeting privately. Boy, wouldn’t you like to be a fly on the wall?

After his performance today, I think Cavanaugh would be getting his just desserts if Susan Collins came out and said, you know, going into the day today, I was inclined to vote in favor of the nomination but after I saw his temper and anger, I have changed my mind; he doesn’t have the appropriate temperament for supreme court justice.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote:
Trinity wrote:Boofing is now farting and ralphing is because he had a weak stomach. But please, Brett, keep crying and yelling at us.

Here you go TLD: boofing
The act of inserting drugs into the anus for a longer trip. Most often occurs at Disco Biscuits shows by spun-out kids on ketamine.
What does the Preppy Handbook say it is?

Urban dictionary does NOT have booting as a descriptor for vomiting. HS guy was nicknamed "booter" b/c he vomited quite often. Anyone ever use that term?

What's a benie? Or a shoebee? How about a strilly dog? What does y'ant mean?

Presidents can be druggies, just not Supremes? Didn't know Supremes had the "football" and could invade countries :roll:
Last edited by runrussellrun on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seriously?

Post by seriously? »

"I never drank beer until I passed out."

No you drank Jack Daniels to pass out.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

ardilla secreta wrote:
DMac wrote:Sounds to me as if ol' Brett chose the wrong poison, should've hung out with the pot heads. Wouldn't have been blacking out and acting like an aggressive maniac. Just sayin'.
:mrgreen:
He’s a George Hugeley without the murder rap.

I find him an emotional wreck and unbelievable. I also find his combative answers troublesome.
Wow...how disgustingly accurate. Hugeley was a charter member of the suburban Washington sleazeball brigade. Perhaps, George was an admirer of that virginal, studious, ultra-religious, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, teetotaler. Thank God GH is in the hoosegow. He may have been nominated for the SC down the road. :x
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote:
Clarance Thomas has already done that.
Disagree old friend and distiller. Thomas was truculent and angry and said the famous phrase. But I don't think he called up the recent election, political payback by the Clintons, or chastised the Bluecoats so vehemently, so full of partisan vitriol. This performance -- and that is the difference between him and Dr. Ford; his was theatre -- was remarkable and malignant.

Who do I believe? Ford. "100%."
seriously?

Post by seriously? »

He sneered in response, “Have you?” It was a moment of singular cruelty and disrespect. One saw a flash in the exchange with Klobuchar the same sense of entitlement...
I don't know how any woman could watch that exchange and not feel the deep-rooted misogyny and total disrespect just hiding right below the surface.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Almost a half a million bucks raised for Ms. Fords go fund me account. What, did she hire one of Obama's friends "private" security firms to protect her. They ARE expensive. 4 People at 10 hour shifts, total of 10. A thousand bucks a day. Hey, works for 75% of armed folks in our military conflicts "overseas".
Something about a budget and Septmeber 30th !
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seriously? wrote:
He sneered in response, “Have you?” It was a moment of singular cruelty and disrespect. One saw a flash in the exchange with Klobuchar the same sense of entitlement...
I don't know how any woman could watch that exchange and not feel the deep-rooted misogyny and total disrespect just hiding right below the surface.
I'm not sticking up for him but let's be accurate...Klobuchar didn't mention her alcoholic parent until after K apologized. He didn't say "have you?" knowing that personal info.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote:Kavanaugh is so clearly a political animal. Judge - not so much.
Be honest, did you feel this way in the spring? Was an important judge, judging on important judgements at the time. Sell it in Dundalk.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:
thatsmell wrote:The Dr was extremely credible, IMO.
Regardless if she can't name a time, date and place.
Lindsay Graham is rightfully upset because Feinstein did use her as a pawn and kept her complaint in the dark to pull a last minute "gotcha" when she could have brought the issue to light earlier,before BKL was nominated.
Graham has a serious, valid point. Until he then said that he is going to go ahead and confirm BK to teach the Dems a lesson for playing politics.
:lol: A valid point? How soon we forget. Why do you think there's an opening on the court in the first place? That's right. Because Graham and his fellow Republican wankers decided to "play politics" and deny Garland a vote. Any tears for Garland?

If Graham had "played fair", Garland would already be on the bench, and none of this Kavanaugh stuff would ever have happened. Kavanaugh would be a well paid judge enjoying his career.

In short, F you, Graham, you hypocritical moron that's too stupid to understand his own hypocrisy.

Edit to add, ThatSmell-----wanted to make it clear, since I didn't put it in words, that I thought what Feinstein did was disgusting. She's as big of a POS as there is on the hill, and sandbagging both Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford by holding on to Fords story until it was maximum political benefit is as low as it gets. I hope Ford figures out what Feinstein did and why she did it, and pens one hell of an op-ed. However.....Feinstein not the only POS in that room, is my point.
Well paid :lol: $200k in the DC area is a joke. What, is he taking the MARC train from Harper Ferry of Hagerstown? Prep schools ain't cheap. I guess Woodward, BCC or Churchill are good enough though. Not Perry Hall though. Linganore to far? Tough to pay the mortgage in Chevy Chase taking home only $140K

Return to “POLITICS”