Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by a fan »

This nation is lost. I just....how the F can you hear this and think 'everything is fine'.....???
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 pm Fiona Hill destroys the Ukraine-Did-it conspiracy theory and scolds the staff lawyer pushing helpful-to-Russia propaganda. Read the transcript.
She just destroys Sondland. She destroys Mulvaney. She destroys Giuliani. She smacks the Minority Counsel, Castor. She makes Zeldin look like a turnip. She tells all Americans that Trump and friends are playing right into the Russian playbook. The Trump GOP is fatally stupid and venal.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Could someone humor me for a minute. My dad went to fight a war twice during his time because all the smart people thought a little pi$$ ant country was going to overtake a certain part of the world if not stopped. Said pi$$ ant little country got no farther then their beating up fellow country person's in the south. Chinese were happy because no issues on their border. What serious value does Ukraine have to the US? Russia rebuilding the USSR? Perhaps all the smart people should look at the Russian economy - it was faulting back in the day when we all trained for the Russians then you found out how poor they were - no different then today. The election interference was caused more by the people in US NOT doing their homework. Same issue, same battle, and we are not gonna "win". Why let a pi$$ ant little country take all the oxygen - both sides have exploited it.

afan, I will respectfully disagree with you on this country. We have our faults but in my travels, no place better then here IMHO - stupid and all.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I hope Bill Barr heard Fiona Hill and Tom Bossert. He can sell that Crowdstrike fable elsewhere unless he wants to be an accessory after the fact. Meanwhile, Ukraine remains a US ally under attack by Russians. Republicans used to care about that until it was inconvenient for Trump.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 am Could someone humor me for a minute. My dad went to fight a war twice during his time because all the smart people thought a little pi$$ ant country was going to overtake a certain part of the world if not stopped. Said pi$$ ant little country got no farther then their beating up fellow country person's in the south. Chinese were happy because no issues on their border. What serious value does Ukraine have to the US? Russia rebuilding the USSR? Perhaps all the smart people should look at the Russian economy - it was faulting back in the day when we all trained for the Russians then you found out how poor they were - no different then today. The election interference was caused more by the people in US NOT doing their homework. Same issue, same battle, and we are not gonna "win". Why let a pi$$ ant little country take all the oxygen - both sides have exploited it.

afan, I will respectfully disagree with you on this country. We have our faults but in my travels, no place better then here IMHO - stupid and all.
Read the Fiona Hill and Alexander Vindman transcripts. Note where Ukraine is, geographically, in relation to our supposed allies in Europe and NATO. Your travels through our fair land aren't enough to answer the questions. Dr. Hill can and does.

The "piss ant" country (I love this sort of belittling hubris) is being used -- ready? -- by Republicans to deflect the fact, confirmed by the entire intelligence community, that Russia is meddling in and influencing the elections and electoral processes of many democratic nations, including in particular ours. Read a little before posting man.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Sea,
I believe I wrote pi$$ ant and not tick ant;
I am a registered I which means I have voted for Bill, Hillary and Barack;
The Russians have been messing with our elections since before i was born (1960) and we theirs - so tell me something someone is going to enlighten me on - it is a he said/she said - instead of people looking at the high-light reels - educate yourselves with an opposing sense of hesitation;
Been in every continent, know most of the cultures and have passable language in many - yes, it is good to explore - but I have had fun in the states the last 6 months :D
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:42 am Sea,
The Russians have been messing with our elections since before i was born (1960) and we theirs - so tell me something someone is going to enlighten me on - it is a he said/she said - instead of people looking at the high-light reels - educate yourselves with an opposing sense of hesitation;
Been in every continent, know most of the cultures and have passable language in many - yes, it is good to explore - but I have had fun in the states the last 6 months :D
I wrote the word "p*ss" without putting the asterisk in and the Powers That Be auto-changed it to "tick."

The Russians have infinitely better means today to influence and interfere with elections. Read the Hill transcript, and especially the part where she chaps the examiner's a** for suggesting the "Ukraine, not Russia, interfered with our election." She is a professional intelligence analyst, studied at Harvard with the leading Sovietologist of his generation, Richard Pipes, worked in three administrations, and had Russia, Ukraine and Turkey in her portfolio. Her alarm and passion is clear from the cold transcript. And the GOP is pushing the narrative that alarms her, to support a President who is flouting the norms and mores of this country we both love. Seriously, read it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:50 am
I wrote the word "p*ss" without putting the asterisk in and the Powers That Be auto-changed it to "tick."

The Russians have infinitely better means today to influence and interfere with elections. Read the Hill transcript, and especially the part where she chaps the examiner's a** for suggesting the "Ukraine, not Russia, interfered with our election." She is a professional intelligence analyst, studied at Harvard with the leading Sovietologist of his generation, Richard Pipes, worked in three administrations, and had Russia, Ukraine and Turkey in her portfolio. Her alarm and passion is clear from the cold transcript. And the GOP is pushing the narrative that alarms her, to support a President who is flouting the norms and mores of this country we both love. Seriously, read it.
Too many people would rather put their head in the sand than read facts that counter their opinion. I work with a guy like that. He won’t read any facts. Would rather parrot talking points from the administration. It’s remarkable.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

Too many people would rather run around scared and NOT deal with the issue. If you honestly think this is news or new you are sorely mistaken. What are you gonna do in 2020, cry home to momma? Back in the day you always looked for the weak sister - make him cry and the rest of the team cries. Crying does not get you out of the situation.......buckle up, you are gonna have more crying.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:07 am

Too many people would rather put their head in the sand than read facts that counter their opinion. I work with a guy like that. He won’t read any facts. Would rather parrot talking points from the administration. It’s remarkable.
Facts like unemployment numbers, black employment best in history, stock market.....those are facts, do they matter? Or depends on political affiliation?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Of course they matter, YA. But they don’t matter to impeachment issues. Even the best economy, the lowest unemployment, etc., don’t matter if the President is engaged in bribery in his official duties. Good metrics elsewhere don’t exonerate. Please don’t pretend we all want the economy to tank, etc.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:32 am

Facts like unemployment numbers, black employment best in history, stock market.....those are facts, do they matter? Or depends on political affiliation?

The fact is all of those numbers were trending down and there is no inflection point that indicates anything Trump did has changed the direction. That’s the fact. Black unemployment is still about double that of whites. When there is closer parity, you can beat your chest.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trump ... yment/that

Obama cut black Unemployment by 1/2. Let me know when Trump matches that.

This is tangible. Trump’s hires: https://www.npr.org/2018/11/15/66748358 ... lification
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:51 am

The fact is all of those numbers were trending down and there is no inflection point that indicates anything Trump did has changed the direction. That’s the fact. Black unemployment is still about double that of whites. When there is closer parity, you can beat your chest.
Not arguing when it started or who gets credit.....just stating 'current facts'. In the instagram post I added earlier, the black MSNBC host, asks a panel of black guests about Trump....and they each speak highly of the current stats for Black Americans. They are living in the now, not the past. The point, your colleague may echo stats from talking heads....well, so do many others, including these black guests.

Had that historical trend line started to go up under Trump, I am quite certain you would call out that inflection point.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:07 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:51 am

Not arguing when it started or who gets credit.....just stating 'current facts'. In the instagram post I added earlier, the black MSNBC host, asks a panel of black guests about Trump....and they each speak highly of the current stats for Black Americans. They are living in the now, not the past. The point, your colleague may echo stats from talking heads....well, so do many others, including these black guests.

Had that historical trend line started to go up under Trump, I am quite certain you would call out that inflection point.
Just stop.
Typical Lax Dad

Here is another stupid observation. For example.... The stock Market is at a all time high. Who cares if your return is only 10% versus 25% under Obama. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Another stupid fact: my house is at its peak value! I paid $800k for it and now it’s peaked to $900k. Never been worth that much!!! The guy that sold it to you bought it for $300k and sold it to you for $800k. :roll: :roll: :roll: Keep beating your chest.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I thought you said stop it? No, means no. ;) :lol:
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:10 am Here is another stupid observation. For example.... The stock Market is at a all time high. Who cares if your return is only 10% versus 25% under Obama. :roll: :roll: :roll:
You are better than this. There are only roughly 10 stocks that have sustained that 10 year ROI.
Last edited by youthathletics on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:18 am I thought you said stop it? No, means no. ;) :lol:
:roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 am Too many people would rather run around scared and NOT deal with the issue
Yes. You're doing it yourself. You've now said we should ignore what Trump has done, and ignore what Russia has done, stop complaining....and take all that energy and vote.

How does that solve these issues? Voting won't fix the problem. Saying "quit complaining until the election" is literally running around scared and not dealing with the issues.

Return to “POLITICS”