Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ABV 8.3%

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:24 pm Kram, what do your posts have to do with the thread topic?
You serious with this question?

Interesting, I wrote about this phenomana yesterday.

you know, pulling the "stay on topic", card. You are hardly alone. Something we all do. Why single Kram out, and not the fellas posting boob pictures on the important V19 thread.

In fact, your last comment on THIS topic mentioned that guy with the deadbeat dad. Christ and his band of ians.

Enough with the kjaren, policing of the threads. Unless you feel that V19 IS not a serious topic. Perhaps we could talk about Trump on the crACK thread.

Stay principled, mdlaxfan........What flea market did you get the golf balls. Visiting a friend in the Tampa area, but will stay at my Florida favorite, Mt. Dora and the springs. IS weed legal in Florida?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:24 pm Kram, what do your posts have to do with the thread topic?
You serious with this question?

Interesting, I wrote about this phenomana yesterday.

you know, pulling the "stay on topic", card. You are hardly alone. Something we all do. Why single Kram out, and not the fellas posting boob pictures on the important V19 thread.

In fact, your last comment on THIS topic mentioned that guy with the deadbeat dad. Christ and his band of ians.

Enough with the kjaren, policing of the threads. Unless you feel that V19 IS not a serious topic. Perhaps we could talk about Trump on the crACK thread.

Stay principled, mdlaxfan........What flea market did you get the golf balls. Visiting a friend in the Tampa area, but will stay at my Florida favorite, Mt. Dora and the springs. IS weed legal in Florida?
Yes, I seriously don't see the connection between Kram's posts and this topic...Race in America. He may have one in mind, though, so I asked.

I did see the connection with the whites-only faux 'church' topic.

I decided not to comment on the pictures of various gals at all. Had nothing witty to add.

I'm not policing these or any other threads, just commenting when I think I have something relevant to say, asking questions if I don't understand something someone has posted.

For instance, I have no idea about the legality of weed in Florida, but feel confident you will adapt to whatever...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Plenty relevant- This thread has been THE spot for police bashing and defund the police chatter before.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:44 am Plenty relevant- This thread has been THE spot for police bashing and defund the police chatter before.
Police who kill unarmed black people or just corrupt police?

The first would be relevant, the second not so much, right?
Likewise would be the targeted killing of police as a racial protest...

But just police being in dangerous situations...not so much?

Or are you suggesting that because police do put themselves at risk for the community, they should be given universal 100% support and protection from liability, regardless of their corruption or bigotry or any other bad act?

Serious questions.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Mewish you would care about all the other threads that veer off into bull the way you suddenly care about this one. Or just not.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 am Mewish you would care about all the other threads that veer off into bull the way you suddenly care about this one. Or just not.
Just asking a serious question Kram...if you're saying that you veered off into bull on this one, that's ok with me too.

I just didn't understand the point of your posts.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:51 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:44 am Plenty relevant- This thread has been THE spot for police bashing and defund the police chatter before.
Police who kill unarmed black people or just corrupt police?

The first would be relevant, the second not so much, right?
Likewise would be the targeted killing of police as a racial protest...

But just police being in dangerous situations...not so much?

Or are you suggesting that because police do put themselves at risk for the community, they should be given universal 100% support and protection from liability, regardless of their corruption or bigotry or any other bad act?

Serious questions.
MD you have all the concern in the world when a cop shoots a black individual, be they armed or unarmed. Where is the concern when day in and day out 24/7/365 so many young black kids are shooting their fellow young black men dead on the street corners of America. Funny how the BLM folks never say anything about the slaughter of these young black kids on the streets of America everyday. It only becomes an issue when it involves a cop. Got it lima charlie there sir. That is why I will refer to that organization simply as Some Black Lives Matter. I'm still waiting at the outrage at the cold blooded murder of Latasha Shaw in the city of Rochester right around the corner from where I lived and grew up. At least 50 people witness her being beaten to death in the middle of the street trying to protect her daughter. She was a black woman, murdered by a black woman in broad daylight and the vast majority of witnesses were also black. So tell me again how black lives matter when the don't snitch rule forces law abiding black people to keep their mouths shut over the threat of retribution to their own families? The sad truth is that only Some Black Lives Matter. That must make me a racist for pointing out the obvious. I did not choose the name for this organization. I will point out the hypocrisy involved that that don't care about black lives. They are only making a political statement while young black men and women are being murdered on the streets of America everyday. It ain't the cops doing the killing. If they are going to claim that black lives matter why are they not encouraging the black community to speak up and defend ALL black lives. The no snitch rule is a sorry ass excuse for letting cold blooded killers to run free.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

well, you're consistent, cradle.

However, this thread isn't about violent crime, the drug trade, and its victims. Interesting topic certainly but just not this one, right? I've expressed myself plenty on that topic too.

The topic, here, though, is about the causes of, and appropriate responses to, protests-riots against police bigotry and systemic racism.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:37 am well, you're consistent, cradle.

However, this thread isn't about violent crime, the drug trade, and its victims. Interesting topic certainly but just not this one, right? I've expressed myself plenty on that topic too.

The topic, here, though, is about the causes of, and appropriate responses to, protests-riots against police bigotry and systemic racism.
Sorry, you lost me when a political organization proclaimed their cause to be SBLM. That is the genesis of all of the protests. You know me, I'm a very simple minded individual who believes that WORDS MEAN THINGS. What should the response be for all those other thousands of young black men murdered in the streets of our cities? I am 100 percent for holding any police officer that uses excessive force accountable. Those thousands of other murdered young black men will never see their killers brought to justice. Why, because black folks are intimidated to never snitch. I don't understand the selective outrage. I have never forgotten the cold blooded murder of Latasha Shaw, a young black mother trying to protect her own daughter. Maybe I will believe that BLM when some of the people that witnessed the murder of Ms Shaw also come to the realization that BLM. Excuse me, that should be SBLM..
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:20 pm

Sorry, you lost me when a political organization proclaimed their cause to be SBLM. That is the genesis of all of the protests. You know me, I'm a very simple minded individual who believes that WORDS MEAN THINGS. What should the response be for all those other thousands of young black men murdered in the streets of our cities? I am 100 percent for holding any police officer that uses excessive force accountable. Those thousands of other murdered young black men will never see their killers brought to justice. Why, because black folks are intimidated to never snitch. I don't understand the selective outrage. I have never forgotten the cold blooded murder of Latasha Shaw, a young black mother trying to protect her own daughter. Maybe I will believe that BLM when some of the people that witnessed the murder of Ms Shaw also come to the realization that BLM. Excuse me, that should be SBLM..
keep grinding on Ms. Shaw, makes you consistent. There are many thousands of such victims.

You want to discuss violent crime and its victims, start a thread. You want to discuss 'don't snitch' and say it only applies to black folks and you'll find some pushback, I think...but those aren't the topics of this thread, though you're free to discuss what you want...

As to BLM, the issue they are addressing is specific to police violence against blacks, not all violence in which blacks are the victims, nor even non-police violence, racially motivated violence against blacks.

Bothers you that that's their meaning in the phrase BLM? Ahh well...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:28 pm

keep grinding on Ms. Shaw, makes you consistent. There are many thousands of such victims.

You want to discuss violent crime and its victims, start a thread. You want to discuss 'don't snitch' and say it only applies to black folks and you'll find some pushback, I think...but those aren't the topics of this thread, though you're free to discuss what you want...

As to BLM, the issue they are addressing is specific to police violence against blacks, not all violence in which blacks are the victims, nor even non-police violence, racially motivated violence against blacks.

Break it down MD. Black Lives Matter.I have a pretty good understanding of the english language. I take that as litteraly as can be taken. I did not create the phrase or the organization. I am only pointing out the blatant hypocrisy the organization claims to stand for. Perhaps they should have put more thought into their name. If your organization claims that BLM I take that to be inclusive of that fact that all black lives matter to them. Maybe someone in their organization should have explained to them the proper use of an asterisk.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

What bothers me is a name being used that does not represent what the group stands for. My suggestion for the organization is really very simple and strait forward. Some Black Lives Matter, other black lives they don't care about that much.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:47 pm

What bothers me is a name being used that does not represent what the group stands for. My suggestion for the organization is really very simple and strait forward. Some Black Lives Matter, other black lives they don't care about that much.
I hate to call you dense or a jerk about this, cradle, but that's actually what I think on this insistence that BLM be about more than police abuse of black folks, particularly the killing of unarmed black men and women.

I get it, you care about any life lost needlessly...right? Me too. But stop trying to fit all such needlessly lost lives into the purpose of any particular group or organization.

Otherwise, it does just come across as being critical of folks who are demonstrating and organizing against a particular type of loss, a particular type of abuse. And yeah, feels like it's got a racist tinge to be so exercised about it. Not so sure you'd be all bent out of shape about the American Cancer Society...heck, why don't they care about heart attacks?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

A forking 12-year old? Really? A threat? A toy gun and they shoot him?

These clowns are not fit to be peace officers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ut-charges
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:44 pm A forking 12-year old? Really? A threat? A toy gun and they shoot him?

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:44 pm A forking 12-year old? Really? A threat? A toy gun and they shoot him?

Like a horror movie. Imagine if that were your boy...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 pm

Like a horror movie. Imagine if that were your boy...
Nick Saban mistakes 12 year olds for 20 year olds all the time. Walk down to your local 6 grade class and let me know how many kids look 20?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“Death by call to the police”
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Don’t have video of the guy shot in the back with his keys in his door and one foot inside carrying a bag of subway sandwiches.

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”