Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Voters to Trump: "You're FIRED!"

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:29 pm How much were they paid ?
We don't know. That's a problem, don't you think?

Does this mean you understand the conflict of interest problem now?

Because this is yet another problem with the Trump family conflicts of interest you don't care about.

And yet you want Hunter investigated. For conflicts. With a straight face.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Because this is yet another problem with the Trump family conflicts of interest you don't care about.

Please provide the specific details of a Trump family member's conflict of interest as overt as Biden's Burisma deal.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Well, we beat the dead horse that is Prestwick.

Then there's Trump hotel in DC.

Then there's Mar a lago.

Then there's Kush. Do you know what his financial interests are in Saudi Arabia? Or for TrumpFamily? No? That's because no one does.

Ivanka. China. IP.

We don't know about all the conflicts, old salt. That's the problem.

And guess what? Since AG Barr is in Trump's pocket, he won't do his job and check for conflicts.

But he'll go after Hunter with zeal. Sense major Constitutional issues here yet?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 amPlease provide the specific details of a Trump family member's conflict of interest as overt as Biden's Burisma deal.
Like shooting fish in a barrel:
Associated Press
Published: 1:27am, 22 Jan, 2019

The Chinese government has granted Ivanka Trump’s company preliminary approval for another five trademarks this month, as her father’s administration pushes ahead on trade negotiations with China.
Four trademarks, including child care centres, sunglasses and wedding dresses, were approved on Sunday.

A fifth, covering brokerage, charitable fundraising and art valuation services, was approved on January 6, according to online trademark office records. The applications were filed in 2016 and 2017.

If no one objects, they will be finalised after 90 days.

Critics argue that by asking a foreign government for valuable intellectual property rights, White House officials could open themselves to pressure in government negotiations.

There is also concern that the family’s global trademark portfolio would open the way for lucrative business opportunities once Donald Trump leaves office.

“The sheer number of foreign trademarks Ivanka Trump has gotten while working in the White House would be troubling enough, but the fact that she just got one for charitable fundraising when her father’s namesake foundation – which she served as a board member for and is closing in scandal following a New York Attorney General investigation outlining numerous legal violations – is especially troubling,” Jordan Libowitz, a spokesman for watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said in an email.
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united- ... marks-amid

That's the foundation that was just ordered to pay a $2M penalty, isn't it? Why yes I believe it is.

Meanwhile, here's a fact check on what Hunter Biden actually got paid:

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/10/17/fa ... -payments/
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:23 am
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 amPlease provide the specific details of a Trump family member's conflict of interest as overt as Biden's Burisma deal.
Like shooting fish in a barrel:
Associated Press
Published: 1:27am, 22 Jan, 2019

The Chinese government has granted Ivanka Trump’s company preliminary approval for another five trademarks this month, as her father’s administration pushes ahead on trade negotiations with China.
Four trademarks, including child care centres, sunglasses and wedding dresses, were approved on Sunday.

A fifth, covering brokerage, charitable fundraising and art valuation services, was approved on January 6, according to online trademark office records. The applications were filed in 2016 and 2017.

If no one objects, they will be finalised after 90 days.

Critics argue that by asking a foreign government for valuable intellectual property rights, White House officials could open themselves to pressure in government negotiations.

There is also concern that the family’s global trademark portfolio would open the way for lucrative business opportunities once Donald Trump leaves office.

“The sheer number of foreign trademarks Ivanka Trump has gotten while working in the White House would be troubling enough, but the fact that she just got one for charitable fundraising when her father’s namesake foundation – which she served as a board member for and is closing in scandal following a New York Attorney General investigation outlining numerous legal violations – is especially troubling,” Jordan Libowitz, a spokesman for watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said in an email.
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united- ... marks-amid

That's the foundation that was just ordered to pay a $2M penalty, isn't it? Why yes I believe it is.

Meanwhile, here's a fact check on what Hunter Biden actually got paid:

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/10/17/fa ... -payments/
You left out this part :
Ivanka Trump closed her fashion brand in July. Her representatives assert that trademark filings are a normal business practice and are needed to protect her name from copycats seeking to capitalise on her fame.

Companies apply for trademarks for a range of reasons. They can be signs of corporate ambition, but many also are filed defensively, particularly in China, where trademark squatting is rampant.
The trademark applications were not generating new income.
They were protective of existing business, which she was divesting or winding down.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Those trademarks have value, whether or not they are currently used.

If they are worthless, why didn't she just drop the registration request? Or refuse them now?

The question answers itself: they are actually extremely valuable, and every Trump knows it.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:45 am Those trademarks have value, whether or not they are currently used.

If they are worthless, why didn't she just drop the registration request? Or refuse them now?

The question answers itself: they are actually extremely valuable, and every Trump knows it.
Things of value from a foreign government, while working in the WH...sounds like a conflict of interest, if you're a Dem.
CU88

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by CU88 »

Say it with me friends, it wasn’t a “shadow foreign policy”: It was a use & abuse of access to foreign leaders, official acts & public officials, for personal political gain. That’s not conducting US foreign policy, that’s corruptly executing a political strategy for a candidate.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 am
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Please provide the specific details of a Trump family member's conflict of interest as overt as Biden's Burisma deal.

Reminds me of a great scene in Shawshank Redemption - "How can you be so obtuse?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7wREOySaxU
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:45 am Those trademarks have value, whether or not they are currently used.

Just sad.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CU88 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:16 am Say it with me friends, it wasn’t a “shadow foreign policy”: It was a use & abuse of access to foreign leaders, official acts & public officials, for personal political gain. That’s not conducting US foreign policy, that’s corruptly executing a political strategy for a candidate.
Extortion. Bribery. Violation of the American public trust.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Just go with bribery.

Because treason, bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Bribery, yes. #defensedollarsfordirt
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/doc ... mentID=815

Transcripts of Lt. Col Vindman and Dr. Fiona Hill linked here

Looks like Mick Mulvaney was coordinating “the ask” for Trump. Amazing he didn’t show up to testify today.

Zelensky was actually ready to appear on Cnn because he needs the money to to fight off Putin. Trump, Pence, Giuliani, Pompeo, Mulvaney, Barr, Bolton all need to testify.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ggait

Post by ggait »

Highlights from Vindman and Hill:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploaded ... 913864.pdf

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploaded ... 137591.pdf

I'm impressed how Schiff is building the case progressively -- WB report, appearances announced, then written opening statements come out, then in-person secret SCIF appearances, then highlight transcripts released, then full transcripts released, then live hearings on TV, then impeachment deliberations in the House.

Considering the stonewall coming from the WH, pretty good job in keeping the narrative on this going. And he's building a lot of credibility as each latest brick that comes out confirms what the earlier bricks said.

Classic rhetorical technique -- (i) tell ’em what I am going to tell ’em; (ii) tell ’em; (iii) tell ’em what I’ve told ’em.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

A key witness to the impeachment inquiry literally just admitted his source was the NYT. You just can’t make this stuff up!!
So in other words, he admits that he relied on the most dishonest, most liberal left biased, and most worthless newspaper in the country.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm A key witness to the impeachment inquiry literally just admitted his source was the NYT. You just can’t make this stuff up!!
So in other words, he admits that he relied on the most dishonest, most liberal left biased, and most worthless newspaper in the country.
Who? What did he say?

Instead of ranting, try to contribute.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:46 pm Highlights from Vindman and Hill:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploaded ... 913864.pdf

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploaded ... 137591.pdf

I'm impressed how Schiff is building the case progressively -- WB report, appearances announced, then written opening statements come out, then in-person secret SCIF appearances, then highlight transcripts released, then full transcripts released, then live hearings on TV, then impeachment deliberations in the House.

Considering the stonewall coming from the WH, pretty good job in keeping the narrative on this going. And he's building a lot of credibility as each latest brick that comes out confirms what the earlier bricks said.

Classic rhetorical technique -- (i) tell ’em what I am going to tell ’em; (ii) tell ’em; (iii) tell ’em what I’ve told ’em.
It's EZ to be a genius when the defense is muzzled, there's no judge, & no Grand Jury secrecy.

Banana Republic sham "legal" proceedings. Political theatre. Horrible precedent which will be regretted.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm It's EZ to be a genius when the defense is muzzled, there's no judge, & no Grand Jury secrecy.

Banana Republic sham "legal" proceedings. Political theatre. Horrible precedent which will be regretted.
So we're back to your game of "everyone needs to act ethically except Trump and the Republicans".

Refusing subpoenas is cool with you. But you're mad that Pelosi is following the rules of the House?

Pot. Kettle.

Return to “POLITICS”