All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

cradleandshoot

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

Cooter wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:02 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:28 am
Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:50 pm

There actually is a large body in the Republican party who are devout Christians. :idea:

professing, not "devout" Christians

Your heroes Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, tRUMP ~ all wealthy elites who call themselves Christian but who refuse to give away their wealth to the poor as is required by their Bible.
Not all my heroes, although I did like Bush 1.
I think one can be a devout Christian without giving away all one's wealth.

I have known many people who were devout or good Christians, if you prefer, and republicans and who were very good people - only middle class, and were certainly not described by "only those antichrists believe in is the materialist cult of the Almighty Dollar."
you are wasting your time and energy trying to have a conversation with this person. every reply will go back to your hero... fill in the blank.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:38 am Pence said this will largely be over by Memorial Day.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... morial-day
did he say what year? ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

You know? He did not.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Prince said to party like it was 1999 once.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I have known many people who were devout or good Christians, if you prefer, and republicans and who were very good people - only middle class, and were certainly not described by "only those antichrists believe in is the materialist cult of the Almighty Dollar."

I have known Jews and atheists who are better "Christians" than most Republicans in that they actually practice the generosity and human kindness taught by the New Testament. It is seriously doubtful that our forum pal Cradle and his right wing cohorts could possible match their good conduct.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:41 am
Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:38 am Pence said this will largely be over by Memorial Day.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... morial-day
did he say what year? ;)
Maybe they learned this was all the result of a bad concoction in flu shot this year. Things that make you go hmmmm.....
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:40 am

There actually is a large body in the Republican party who are devout Christians. :idea:

Your heroes Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, tRUMP ~ all wealthy elites who call themselves Christian but who refuse to give away their wealth to the poor as is required by their Bible.

you are wasting your time and energy trying to have a conversation with this person. every reply will go back to your hero... fill in the blank.
It appears so. Back to discussing coronavirus.
Live Free or Die!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

All too often the replies given by delusionals of the far right are nothing more than blank space. Small wonder why they lose every debate in the forum.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Cooter wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:13 am

The more voices outside the left that you listen to, the more you realize that these are not bad people. They are not racists, nazis, or white supremacists. You can have differences of opinions on social and economic issues, but a difference of opinion does not make your opponent inherently evil.

The Right can justify their opinions using arguments, rather than the shouting and ranting you see coming from the Left. Brook is symptomatic of the Left's bubble mentality. No harm, just a sad existence.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:45 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:11 pm https://www.post-gazette.com/news/healt ... 2004080113

The new far UVC lamps, in production by Ushio America Inc. and Eden Park Illumination, are not yet approved for medical uses but could be soon.

“The two roadblocks are ramping up to high capacity production and (Food and Drug Administration) approval,” Mr. Brenner said. “A couple of weeks ago my best guess for both might be nine months but we are now trying to go faster than that.

Late last month the FDA issued an advisory that clears the way for use of sterilizer and disinfection devices, including the far-UVC lamps, in hospitals and other public health settings during the unique coronavirus pandemic and prior to formal FDA approval.

Dr. David Atcheson, a retired oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Pittsburgh, said it’s past time to accelerate the UVC approval process and utilize the technology.

“We need someone to push this technology along, someone to shine a light onUV light,” Dr. Atcheson said. “We need to get these lights out there and in use sooner than nine months from now.”
It would be SUPER easy to put UV lights inside of both air intakes and air outtakes where humans wouldn't be anywhere close being exposed to the radiation.

Assuming this kills this particular virus? Sounds like a fantastic way to make being insidoors statistically safer.
Correct....this technology and implementation has been around for decades and put into practice with proven success. https://www.heraeus.com/en/group/produc ... tions.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:52 am

I have known Jews and atheists who are better "Christians" than most Republicans in that they actually practice the generosity and human kindness taught by the New Testament. It is seriously doubtful that our forum pal Cradle and his right wing cohorts could possible match their good conduct.
Come on, please don't go personal with this.

The critique of hypocritical 'Christians' is fine, but let's not do it personally.

BTW, I think you can find lots of people who "practice the generosity and human kindness taught by the New Testament" who are indeed Christians (whether one means evangelicals or includes mainline, Mormons, etc too). some or Republicans, some Dems, some neither.

Likewise you can find these same traits and practices among those who are from a myriad of religions, and from those with no particular religious faith. IMO, no one has an exclusive on this. It does bother me when religious folks claim that their version alone has such an 'exclusive' or that those who do not believe in a higher power necessarily have it right either.

I think your critique is that some of those who proclaim the loudest their devout beliefs often are the least in their actual alignment with these values. And in America, most of that group doing so as "Christians" have aligned in the GOP. I agree.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 am

The more voices outside the left that you listen to, the more you realize that these are not bad people. They are not racists, nazis, or white supremacists. You can have differences of opinions on social and economic issues, but a difference of opinion does not make your opponent inherently evil.

The Right can justify their opinions using arguments, rather than the shouting and ranting you see coming from the Left. Brook is symptomatic of the Left's bubble mentality. No harm, just a sad existence.
I quite agree with "a difference of opinion does not make your opponent inherently evil." Nor stupid. Nor delusional.

However, there's an awful lot of hate of the LEFT that spews from you PB...pot meet kettle.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:54 pm

Assuming this kills this particular virus? Sounds like a fantastic way to make being indoors statistically safer.
This was brought up a 4-5 weeks ago. UV lightning in places where people congregate. Not sure how to get a powerful light inside the body though.
What I meant was, killing the virus in the air recirculation system of buildings....in the ductwork.

If you already have the virus, UV isn't going to help. Someone needs to point that out to Trump, obviously.
Yes. I saw that. That’s a good idea as well. Really a need on something like an airplane. I was just pointing out that using UV rays in the environment has been postulated. Trump’s use of it was mangled as usual. Just how he is. Nothing new. Anyone that has had to deal with him off camera knows he is not the smartest guy. His mental capacity is sliding in front of the nation’s eyes. I have heard from people that said I told them but they didn’t really believe it because “he is Donald Trump”. I will give him credit for his ability to brand himself and gain publicity.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:30 am

Assuming this kills this particular virus? Sounds like a fantastic way to make being indoors statistically safer.
This was brought up a 4-5 weeks ago. UV lightning in places where people congregate. Not sure how to get a powerful light inside the body though.
What I meant was, killing the virus in the air recirculation system of buildings....in the ductwork.

If you already have the virus, UV isn't going to help. Someone needs to point that out to Trump, obviously.
Yes. I saw that. That’s a good idea as well. Really a need on something like an airplane. I was just pointing out that using UV rays in the environment has been postulated. Trump’s use of it was mangled as usual. Just how he is. Nothing new. Anyone that has had to deal with him off camera knows he is not the smartest guy. His mental capacity is sliding in front of the nation’s eyes. I have heard from people that said I told them but they didn’t really believe it because “he is Donald Trump”. I will give him credit for his ability to brand himself and gain publicity.
Says the Joe Biden supporter! :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:25 am

I quite agree with "a difference of opinion does not make your opponent inherently evil." Nor stupid. Nor delusional.

However, there's an awful lot of hate of the LEFT that spews from you PB...pot meet kettle.

To the core fundamental issue of why the United States was established, most Democrats are inherently against that framework (freedom of speech, individualism, entrepreneurialism, small government, excellence, American exceptionalism).

I'm generally surprised the country has tolerated it as long as we have, except for this fact: most people are not doers, and Democrats by and large are not doers. The tolerance comes from knowing that the mob is larger than the creators, and so you need to compromise.

Not too complicated.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 am

I will vote for a tree stump.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am

Which might be more alert than Joe.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am

To the core fundamental issue of why the United States was established, most Democrats are inherently against that framework (freedom of speech, individualism, entrepreneurialism, small government, excellence, American exceptionalism).

I'm generally surprised the country has tolerated it as long as we have, except for this fact: most people are not doers, and Democrats by and large are not doers. The tolerance comes from knowing that the mob is larger than the creators, and so you need to compromise.

Not too complicated.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
I rest my case.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:56 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am

Which might be more alert than Joe.
#DTIAC
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:00 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am

Not too complicated.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
I rest my case.
Doers: https://www.zippia.com/advice/10-states ... od-stamps/
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”