All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

RedFromMI

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:50 pm This is one of those gross topics, but I think its bizarre nature is relevant today. My wife had to explain to me in horrific details when she was being trained to work in the rooms during fecal transplant procedures. I could describe it to you all but none of you would ever enjoy a chocolate milkshake again. The theory among some gastroenterologists was the bacteria in these shakes could help some issues with the colon they had no other good options for. Yes the tool of choice was your good old fashioned blender. One of course you would never use again. The point is, a doctor will do just about anything to help a patient. If that means whipping up a poop shake then that is what you try and do.
Yup, but giving them cancer is not on the list.
Give them cancer by what means?
UV, the kinds of dosages necessary to actually kill a virus...
How do you already know this?
What it might take to kill a virus which is probably hardier than a living lung cell (and they tend to be delicate anyway) is likely to cause great damage. And a heck of a lot more surface area to deal with in a lung than say a tooth portion getting hardened. Look at the eye protective wear the dentist wears when doing that work.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:50 pm This is one of those gross topics, but I think its bizarre nature is relevant today. My wife had to explain to me in horrific details when she was being trained to work in the rooms during fecal transplant procedures. I could describe it to you all but none of you would ever enjoy a chocolate milkshake again. The theory among some gastroenterologists was the bacteria in these shakes could help some issues with the colon they had no other good options for. Yes the tool of choice was your good old fashioned blender. One of course you would never use again. The point is, a doctor will do just about anything to help a patient. If that means whipping up a poop shake then that is what you try and do.
Yup, but giving them cancer is not on the list.
Give them cancer by what means?
UV, the kinds of dosages necessary to actually kill a virus...
How do you already know this?
What it might take to kill a virus which is probably hardier than a living lung cell (and they tend to be delicate anyway) is likely to cause great damage. And a heck of a lot more surface area to deal with in a lung than say a tooth portion getting hardened. Look at the eye protective wear the dentist wears when doing that work.
We just do not know and should not be saying things like it causes cancer when we know nothing about it. We can do darned near anything when we put our collective minds towards it.

The virus has already been shown to be eliminated in a very short time under certain light, temp, and humidity condition. Once someone hones in on what differentiates the virus cell vs a safe cell....we are making progress. Heck....even learning that certain UV light can kill it fast is progress.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:47 pm Maybe Trump was “riffing” on his experience. Has anyone seen Trump with short sleeves or short pants?

If I did not know better....this is actually a positive post, that has the word Trump in it. Nicely done TLD. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:47 pm Maybe Trump was “riffing” on his experience. Has anyone seen Trump with short sleeves or short pants?

If I did not know better....this is actually a positive post, that has the word Trump in it. Nicely done TLD. :lol:
You can root for politicians. Do you shop at the fan store?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

fredo cuomo's wife taking clorox baths, among other things that might not be fda recommended. as has been said, you can't make this stuff up.
https://thepuristonline.com/2020/04/the ... ol-week-3/
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

While it's gross, I find the whole fecal transplant thing wild - it seems to solve a number of different ailments, especially with some antibiotics wiping out the gut biome. Apparently there are similar issues with that during birth as c-sections are a lot cleaner for kids than traditional birth and they don't get exposed to things that would help their gut and immune system.

And even though it's a relatively new thing medically, there are tons of baby animals that literally eat their mother's excrement :shock: as it gives their gut biome and immune system a kick start. Amazing the stuff we can find that helps us just by looking around with an open mind.

And kudos to your wife for figuratively and literally giving a sh!t ;)
Last edited by holmes435 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:29 pm fredo cuomo's wife taking clorox baths, among other things that might not be fda recommended. as has been said, you can't make this stuff up.
https://thepuristonline.com/2020/04/the ... ol-week-3/
Not sure about COVID effectiveness at that concentration, but we give our 2yo daughter clorox baths (like 1/4 cup of clorox in a bathtub) every so often as she is prone to staph infections on her rear end (pediatrician recommended). Definitely no injections though despite some other recommendations ;)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:45 pm

I doubt whether many Republicans gleefully wish them away. Their are a lot of Democrats who ignore the elderly also. Say for example my sister, who only visited my Mother 3 or 4 times during that 2.6 years my Mother was in the nursing home.
I would be guessing that a lot of the religious-minded republicans care a lot more about the elderly than the typical Democrat.

Just another gentle reminder that it is your fellow Republicans who eliminated Obamacare and replaced it with tRUMP-noncare which leads to the needless deaths and bankruptcies of many including seniors. The only religion those antichrists believe in is the materialist cult of the Almighty Dollar.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:10 pm
Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:45 pm

I doubt whether many Republicans gleefully wish them away. Their are a lot of Democrats who ignore the elderly also. Say for example my sister, who only visited my Mother 3 or 4 times during that 2.6 years my Mother was in the nursing home.
I would be guessing that a lot of the religious-minded republicans care a lot more about the elderly than the typical Democrat.

Just another gentle reminder that it is your fellow Republicans who eliminated Obamacare and replaced it with tRUMP-noncare which leads to the needless deaths and bankruptcies of many including seniors. The only religion those antichrists believe in is the materialist cult of the Almighty Dollar.
Those tricky Democrats....posing as Republicans In Texas

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

from an old online pal of mine:

100 years after the events shown here, the issues and solutions remain the same
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Those tricky Democrats....posing as Republicans In Texas

I well remember when that half wit Rick Perry threatened secession because of his Obama hatred. Then, when Obama used federal funds to bail out his sorry a$$ because of the state's deficit, the ba$$turd clammed up and stopped whining.

Republicans - yeah, the party of principle. Pure horseshtt as usual.

a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:11 pm https://www.post-gazette.com/news/healt ... 2004080113

The new far UVC lamps, in production by Ushio America Inc. and Eden Park Illumination, are not yet approved for medical uses but could be soon.

“The two roadblocks are ramping up to high capacity production and (Food and Drug Administration) approval,” Mr. Brenner said. “A couple of weeks ago my best guess for both might be nine months but we are now trying to go faster than that.

Late last month the FDA issued an advisory that clears the way for use of sterilizer and disinfection devices, including the far-UVC lamps, in hospitals and other public health settings during the unique coronavirus pandemic and prior to formal FDA approval.

Dr. David Atcheson, a retired oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Pittsburgh, said it’s past time to accelerate the UVC approval process and utilize the technology.

“We need someone to push this technology along, someone to shine a light onUV light,” Dr. Atcheson said. “We need to get these lights out there and in use sooner than nine months from now.”
It would be SUPER easy to put UV lights inside of both air intakes and air outtakes where humans wouldn't be anywhere close being exposed to the radiation.

Assuming this kills this particular virus? Sounds like a fantastic way to make being insidoors statistically safer.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:45 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:11 pm https://www.post-gazette.com/news/healt ... 2004080113

The new far UVC lamps, in production by Ushio America Inc. and Eden Park Illumination, are not yet approved for medical uses but could be soon.

“The two roadblocks are ramping up to high capacity production and (Food and Drug Administration) approval,” Mr. Brenner said. “A couple of weeks ago my best guess for both might be nine months but we are now trying to go faster than that.

Late last month the FDA issued an advisory that clears the way for use of sterilizer and disinfection devices, including the far-UVC lamps, in hospitals and other public health settings during the unique coronavirus pandemic and prior to formal FDA approval.

Dr. David Atcheson, a retired oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Pittsburgh, said it’s past time to accelerate the UVC approval process and utilize the technology.

“We need someone to push this technology along, someone to shine a light onUV light,” Dr. Atcheson said. “We need to get these lights out there and in use sooner than nine months from now.”
It would be SUPER easy to put UV lights inside of both air intakes and air outtakes where humans wouldn't be anywhere close being exposed to the radiation.

Assuming this kills this particular virus? Sounds like a fantastic way to make being insidoors statistically safer.
This was brought up a 4-5 weeks ago. UV lightning in places where people congregate. Not sure how to get a powerful light inside the body though.
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:10 pm The only religion those antichrists believe in is the materialist cult of the Almighty Dollar.
You seem rather uninformed.
Live Free or Die!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 pm

Over the years in the old LP forum I got that same statement from right wing delusionals when they knew I wrote the truth.

Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:37 pm
Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 pm

Over the years in the old LP forum I got that same statement from right wing delusionals when they knew I wrote the truth.
There actually is a large body in the Republican party who are devout Christians. :idea:
Live Free or Die!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:54 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Assuming this kills this particular virus? Sounds like a fantastic way to make being indoors statistically safer.
This was brought up a 4-5 weeks ago. UV lightning in places where people congregate. Not sure how to get a powerful light inside the body though.
What I meant was, killing the virus in the air recirculation system of buildings....in the ductwork.

If you already have the virus, UV isn't going to help. Someone needs to point that out to Trump, obviously.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:50 pm

There actually is a large body in the Republican party who are devout Christians. :idea:

professing, not "devout" Christians

Your heroes Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, tRUMP ~ all wealthy elites who call themselves Christian but who refuse to give away their wealth to the poor as is required by their Bible.

Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:28 am
Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:50 pm

professing, not "devout" Christians

Your heroes Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, tRUMP ~ all wealthy elites who call themselves Christian but who refuse to give away their wealth to the poor as is required by their Bible.
Not all my heroes, although I did like Bush 1.
I think one can be a devout Christian without giving away all one's wealth.

I have known many people who were devout or good Christians, if you prefer, and republicans and who were very good people - only middle class, and were certainly not described by "only those antichrists believe in is the materialist cult of the Almighty Dollar."
Live Free or Die!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pence said this will largely be over by Memorial Day.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... morial-day
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”