Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by old salt »

It gives me great hope to see these young antifa street warriors, in their yellow yoga pants w/black knee pads & rainbow sneakers, stomping fallen defenseless senior citizens. We may have a new greatest generation. Good for Pres elect Biden for condemning white supremacists.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:02 am It gives me great hope to see these young antifa street warriors, in their yellow yoga pants w/black knee pads & rainbow sneakers, stomping fallen defenseless senior citizens. We may have a new greatest generation. Good for Pres elect Biden for condemning white supremacists.
You really need to stop these racist posts.

You do understand that condemning white supremacists is a good thing?

Also, “antifa” is largely a creation of delusional right-wing nuts.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:11 pm Md and Gov Hogan excited about new appointment:

Out of more than 40 applicants, an AA woman, Amal Awad named Chief of Police on Anne Arundel County, MD.
You think Hogan couldn’t do any better?
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:42 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:11 pm Md and Gov Hogan excited about new appointment:

Out of more than 40 applicants, an AA woman, Amal Awad named Chief of Police on Anne Arundel County, MD.
What?! W T F are you talking about?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Just saw the President of the Atlanta FED on CNBC.

Great discussion.

How could a BLACK MAN rise to a level of such importance and prestige in a systemically racist culture like America?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:11 am

You have a fair point. Just playing “Devils advocate”...I should have saved it for another poster. I thought about it after I posted it. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today for some reason. Your W T F is a fair response. My fault.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:30 am
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:02 am It gives me great hope to see these young antifa street warriors, in their yellow yoga pants w/black knee pads & rainbow sneakers, stomping fallen defenseless senior citizens. We may have a new greatest generation. Good for Pres elect Biden for condemning white supremacists.

How about you take a break, and stop with this stuff for the Biden Administration. Calling your fellow posters racists for no reason whatsoever is both offensive, and counterproductive.

And condemning the spoiled, violent little brats in Antifa as they make problems worse instead of better ain't racist. So just stop. Hiding behind the idea that you're "fighting fascism" doesn't mean you get to do whatever the heck you want, with zero repercussions. Heck, many of these white supremacists justify their cr*p by claiming they're fighting a fascist media. So stop enabling violent behavior, willya?

So how about you turn over a new leaf with this DocB character of yours, and move in a new direction?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:18 am

You have a fair point. Just playing “Devils advocate”...I should have saved it for another poster. I thought about it after I posted it. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today for some reason. Your W T F is a fair response. My fault.
No problem. :D

I'm known to have some cranky moments here too!

And to clarify, I live in MD and was excited to hear the announcement. She seems like a great candidate. Highly experienced and really beloved by all who have worked for/with her. Think it was a great hire, in the State's capital.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:21 am

And to clarify, I live in MD and was excited to hear the announcement. She seems like a great candidate. Highly experienced and really beloved by all who have worked for/with her. Think it was a great hire, in the State's capital.
Hopefully her tenure goes without controversy. We have had enough of it.
“I wish you would!”
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am

How about you take a break, and stop with this stuff for the Biden Administration. Calling your fellow posters racists for no reason whatsoever is both offensive, and counterproductive.

And condemning the spoiled, violent little brats in Antifa as they make problems worse instead of better ain't racist. So just stop. Hiding behind the idea that you're "fighting fascism" doesn't mean you get to do whatever the heck you want, with zero repercussions. Heck, many of these white supremacists justify their cr*p by claiming they're fighting a fascist media. So stop enabling violent behavior, willya?

So how about you turn over a new leaf with this DocB character of yours, and move in a new direction?
+1....Good start to the day, a person of reason has spoken. How many people post regularly on this “political” thread? Fifteen? My guess on why the number is so low is the constant vitriol that is spewed. There are very few occasions where one can read any semblance of a comment “hey good point”. Talk about the country is divided, congress is divided etc...yup this thread seems to be proof of that too often.
a fan

Post by a fan »

If Republicans reject Trumpism, you're gonna lose Hogan to a Presidential campaign in three years. Given what I've read and listened from Hogan (I don't see it all, obviously) I'd vote for him over Biden in a heartbeat.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6x6 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:41 am
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am

+1....Good start to the day, a person of reason has spoken. How many people post regularly on this “political” thread? Fifteen? My guess on why the number is so low is the constant vitriol that is spewed. There are very few occasions where one can read any semblance of a comment “hey good point”. Talk about the country is divided, congress is divided etc...yup this thread seems to be proof of that too often.
The exchange between TLD and Kram right above this was a positive one.

I, too, thought Doc went too far with the 'racist' point at Salty though I understand the anger at the subterfuge those on the Trumpist hard right have employed in conflating Antifa with BLM and in turn both with rioters, opportunists and anarchists.

And yes, that conflation has a large "racist" element to it. It's on purpose.
Just as was the birtherism attack at its core all about race.
And less obviously, the Tea Party was really about racial demographics.

All that said, a fan is quite correct, IMO, about violent behaviors undermining any moral justification that might otherwise be present in the Antifa cause.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:15 am Just saw the President of the Atlanta FED on CNBC.

Great discussion.

How could a BLACK MAN rise to a level of such importance and prestige in a systemically racist culture like America?
Wait you hate him. Here’s the punchline:

- Born in NYC
- Went to Harvard and

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

HE’S GAY!

I’ve liked some other Fed chairs but Atlanta has always had quality folks in that seat.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:15 am Just saw the President of the Atlanta FED on CNBC.

Great discussion.

Why do you ask 6ft?

Are you assuming that because we have now had a President who is not lily white and a VP elect who is not lily white and a Fed member is not lily white there is no racism in America, no systemic friction making it harder for such to occur than for whites? So systemic issues in our justice system, our economic system?

What exactly are you trying to say?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:20 am

Great discussion.

Why do you ask 6ft?

Are you assuming that because we have now had a President who is not lily white and a VP elect who is not lily white and a Fed member is not lily white there is no racism in America, no systemic friction making it harder for such to occur than for whites? So systemic issues in our justice system, our economic system?

That this is the 21st century and you're systemic race issue fails miserably in the face of reality
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:19 am

Great discussion.

- Born in NYC
- Went to Harvard and

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

HE’S GAY!

I’ve liked some other Fed chairs but Atlanta has always had quality folks in that seat.
What you don't know about me would fill volumes.

If his sexual preference mattered I'd have brought it up.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:23 am

Great discussion.

- Born in NYC
- Went to Harvard and

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

HE’S GAY!

I only know the nonsense you toss around here.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:00 am

If Republicans reject Trumpism, you're gonna lose Hogan to a Presidential campaign in three years. Given what I've read and listened from Hogan (I don't see it all, obviously) I'd vote for him over Biden in a heartbeat.
We are unfortunately already losing him.
He's in his second term as Gov in MD, and most former Govs dont stick around for other duties in MD.
If he doesn't win the presidency, I'd love him to take a leadership role in the Republican Party. Steele did it too, but he didn't have a vision. Just a few smarmy talking points. He then found it was easier and more lucrative to be a talking head on TV.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:38 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:23 am

Great discussion.

- Born in NYC
- Went to Harvard and

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

HE’S GAY!

I only know the nonsense you toss around here.
He brought up "BLACK MAN" because that "mattered" to him. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:20 am

Great discussion.

Why do you ask 6ft?

That this is the 21st century and you're systemic race issue fails miserably in the face of reality
Did we have systemic racism during the 20th Century?

When exactly was it stamped out?

Return to “POLITICS”