Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by Trinity »

More US troops headed to the southern border to prop up Trump’s manhood.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:18 am More US troops headed to the southern border to prop up Trump’s manhood.
Would you prefer that United States uniformed warriors head to Venenzuala instead?

btw, who is the PR firm that makes the caravan press announcements? How does our press even know about a group of people going for a long hike?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Fox News embeds.

Not sure how to best help Venezuela return to a functional democracy. It’s complicated. My wife’s State Dept dad worked there a few years and even had the Soviet Ambassador defect to him at a garden party. (It was in all the papers) My wife still speaks with friends there and the situation has gone from awful to disastrous.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 am Fox News embeds.

Not sure how to best help Venezuela return to a functional democracy. It’s complicated. My wife’s State Dept dad worked there a few years and even had the Soviet Ambassador defect to him at a garden party. (It was in all the papers) My wife still speaks with friends there and the situation has gone from awful to disastrous.
I don't watch tv infotainment......unless at the gym with DropKickMurphs, Dickies or DeadKennedys blasting thru 5 below headphones.

So, that would be a yes. You want our 19 year olds to go kill people in Venezuela, instead of protecting this country from an invasion. Unless, of course, all those pretend caravaners all have passports, then it's NOT an invasion.
see the difference CNN Jim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c37GdAzgQo
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trump's Homeland ($70b+)budget request for 2018 -
$1.6 billion for 32 miles of new border wall construction, 28 miles of levee wall
along the Rio Grande Valley, and 14 miles of new border wall system that will
replace existing secondary fence in the San Diego Sector, where apprehensions are
the highest along the Southwest Border, and where a border wall system will deny
access to drug and alien smuggling organizations.
$131.5 million for E-Verify operations and upgrades for U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services (USCIS), including new investments to expand the E-Verify
program. The purpose of expanding E-Verify is to support mandatory use of EVerify nationwide within three years. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that
compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility
Verification, to data from DHS, the Social Security Administration, and State
Department of Motor Vehicle records to confirm employment eligibility.
Trump's Homeland ($74b+)budget request for 2019 -
$1.6 billion for 65 miles of new border wall construction in the Rio Grande Valley Sector
to deny access to drug trafficking organizations and illegal migration flows in high traffic
zones where apprehensions are the highest along the Southwest Border.
$131.9 million for E-Verify operations and upgrades, $22.8M is included in funding to
continue investing in E-Verify to prepare for eventual mandatory use for all U.S. workers
nationwide. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares available information
across many national databases to confirm employment eligibility.
1. Why didn't he ask for what he wanted when he set his budgets?

2. Why don't we here about the money spent on e-verify??
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 amNot sure how to best help Venezuela return to a functional democracy. It’s complicated.
US court indictments of Maduro & the Generals complicit in the drug trade,
....then offer them a way out -- amnesty, reconciliation, a pension, & a villa (in Cuba or Bolivia for Maduro).

Haven't heard anything about the location of the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group since Mac McLardy let slip they're offshore Caracas.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:55 am
Trinity wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 amNot sure how to best help Venezuela return to a functional democracy. It’s complicated.
....then offer them a way out -- amnesty, reconciliation, a pension, & a villa (in Cuba or Bolivia for Maduro).

Haven't heard anything about the location of the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group since Mac McLardy let slip they're offshore Caracas.
You Mean Like This?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm

You Mean Like This?
History for dummies
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm

You Mean Like This?
History for dummies
Speak for yourself.... you mean the "Pineapple" that we had installed, I mean supported, in Panama? Old news.

With Friends Like US, Who Needs Enemies
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I think we might actually be welcomed as liberators in Venezuela. But of course that is always the plan.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm

You Mean Like This?
History for dummies
Speak for yourself.... you mean the "Pineapple" that we had installed, I mean supported, in Panama? Old news.

With Friends Like US, Who Needs Enemies
...& El Chapo's Robin Hood. I hate us too.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Longest shutdown ever. Trump settles for less than before it.
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:06 pm Longest shutdown ever. Trump settles for less than before it.
He would lose on Canal Street.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/after- ... rder-wall/ What a win for Trump this could be. You confiscate Chapos money to build the wall then you can claim Mexico helped pay for the wall after all. :lol: Since the feds can do pretty much anything they want this 14 billion could easily be confiscated to build a wall. Why not, what would congress have to say about it. BHO sent the money plane over to Iran and congress had no say in that little give away of cash money. Such a development would make many Democrats chit their pants. It would probably even get Trump re-elected... :evil: :twisted: Can't let that happen. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:26 pm http://www.theamericanmirror.com/after- ... rder-wall/ What a win for Trump this could be. You confiscate Chapos money to build the wall then you can claim Mexico helped pay for the wall after all. :lol: Since the feds can do pretty much anything they want this 14 billion could easily be confiscated to build a wall. Why not, what would congress have to say about it. BHO sent the money plane over to Iran and congress had no say in that little give away of cash money. Such a development would make many Democrats chit their pants. It would probably even get Trump re-elected... :evil: :twisted: Can't let that happen. :D
I say use 8 Billion of it on the wall and bi-partisan immigration fixes, then the remainder on drug rehabilitation services.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Maybe some of the widows and orphans he created should get some.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Art Of The Kneel: How Trump’s Tactics Kept Shrinking His Wall

"No big, beautiful wall after all.

After forcing the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, seeing his poll numbers take a hit and stirring consternation from a broad swath of Republicans, President Trump looks poised to accept a bipartisan deal that would get him just $1.375 billion for new border money, not the $5.7 billion in wall money he was seeking. That’s enough for only 55 miles of new physical barriers, and even less than the $1.6 billion he’d been offered by Democrats in pre-shutdown negotiations.

That’s the latest failing chapter in Trump’s border wall saga — one that’s frustrated Trump’s allies, infuriated GOP moderates, alienated independent voters and left him with almost nothing to show for it.

For more than two years of his presidency, most of it with unified Republican control of the city, Trump promised he’d build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. But he walked away at multiple points over the last two years that could have gotten him that deal, refusing to prioritize it or make real concessions to win enough support to pass legislation. He walked away from a Democratic offer in 2017 for $25 billion to fund the entire wall in exchange for protections for undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children. He made a more concrete and more hardline proposal in early 2018 that Democrats were never going to be able to stomach. Then he waited until his party lost the House late last year to throw down the gauntlet on the border wall, forcing the longest government shutdown in U.S. history to try to get his way."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am
Trinity wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:18 am More US troops headed to the southern border to prop up Trump’s manhood.
Would you prefer that United States uniformed warriors head to Venenzuala instead?

btw, who is the PR firm that makes the caravan press announcements? How does our press even know about a group of people going for a long hike?

I thought the answer to this was self evident. Faux News. It is their never ending outrage.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:59 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am

I thought the answer to this was self evident. Faux News. It is their never ending outrage.
CNN or the WashPost don't have caravan stories? (I know the latter doesn't have the alleged Duke basketball rape story....hmm....why IS that? )

oopps...... :roll:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... 3042113cb3
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Faux News is the PR firm. Once they announce it, the others decide whether they want to cover the "story" or not.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”