Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Voting Rights

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:44 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:32 pm Can anyone please share succinctly, why this Texas voting bill is a bad thing? To me, all it seems to do is provide standards for a higher security protection of the voting process? Where does it even begin to come close to Jim Crow shenanigan's as Biden claims?

Each of the bullet points listed here: https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 953443002/
Explained here:

https://www.vox.com/2021/7/13/22573680/ ... ion-quorum

Seems to me that it's clear that voters of color, primarily working class such, used overnight voting and drive thru voting disproportionately to white voters in rural, less dense areas. Texas limits the number of voting places and machines in heavily populated areas, typically densely Dem, which causes long lines waiting to vote...which is much harder to deal with if you are poor or working class...overnight and drive thru made it easier to actually vote. It was pandemic inspired, but scared the bejesus out of the GOP as it really did enable more voters to vote...legally. Jim Crow voter suppression laws involved all sorts of ways intended to make voting harder, to discourage black and brown voters from having access or risking repercussions...simply from voting.

But partisan poll watchers is probably the most directly akin to the bad old days of Jim Crow voter intimidation. What they're demanding is the right for the partisan poll watcher to come up directly to voters, identify them (as a partisan), challenge them, watch them vote up close. Jim Crow worked...voters were intimidated.

There's really no question that Texas has existing laws that are intentionally favoring votes from likely GOP areas and voters, and suppressing likely Dem voters...and these are intended to ratchet that up.
your article is full of extra words to dance around the subject matter.

Try this one on for size: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/lo ... g/2680154/
Where does it say partisan poll watchers can engage with voters?

So the argument is black voters like to vote at night....does requesting a mail in ballot make voting harder or easier for any race? Last I checked even ggait praises Colorado's mail in procedures. All Texas asks....is prove you are who you say you are. I bet those minority democrats showed thier ID to fly to DC. :lol:

The arguments brought forth seem to make it much safer, especially with video recording....you know, like that thing all police now wear for "documenting purposes"...I'm sure that'll be seen as racists any day now as well. :lol: :roll:
--- you can drive a truck through the phrase give poll watchers more "freedom of movement." Just who the fu*k are these poll watchers?? how does one get to be a poll watcher?? Are their equal numbers from the two parties?? How many are there?? Why can no one working at the polling place challenge their behavior?? Seems an awful lot of power being vested in these people. Sounds like the definition of "head Nazi".
They already have poll watchers, it’s nothing new, other than the ability to move more freely and observe the elections workers. It’s merely neutral checks and balances.
... that's the problem. Poll watchers with limits now exist. What does more freedom of movement mean and why is it necessary to give priority to these people over "neutral" poll workers running the election? Freedom of movement means they can get in a voters face, sure does sound like that is not forbidden behavior. What happens if the various partisan poll watchers are freely moving into conflict with each other? Poll watcher behavior is currently circumscribed.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:32 pm Can anyone please share succinctly, why this Texas voting bill is a bad thing? To me, all it seems to do is provide standards for a higher security protection of the voting process? Where does it even begin to come close to Jim Crow shenanigan's as Biden claims?

Each of the bullet points listed here: https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 953443002/
Explained here:

Seems to me that it's clear that voters of color, primarily working class such, used overnight voting and drive thru voting disproportionately to white voters in rural, less dense areas. Texas limits the number of voting places and machines in heavily populated areas, typically densely Dem, which causes long lines waiting to vote...which is much harder to deal with if you are poor or working class...overnight and drive thru made it easier to actually vote. It was pandemic inspired, but scared the bejesus out of the GOP as it really did enable more voters to vote...legally. Jim Crow voter suppression laws involved all sorts of ways intended to make voting harder, to discourage black and brown voters from having access or risking repercussions...simply from voting.

But partisan poll watchers is probably the most directly akin to the bad old days of Jim Crow voter intimidation. What they're demanding is the right for the partisan poll watcher to come up directly to voters, identify them (as a partisan), challenge them, watch them vote up close. Jim Crow worked...voters were intimidated.

There's really no question that Texas has existing laws that are intentionally favoring votes from likely GOP areas and voters, and suppressing likely Dem voters...and these are intended to ratchet that up.

Try this one on for size: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/lo ... g/2680154/

So the argument is black voters like to vote at night....does requesting a mail in ballot make voting harder or easier for any race? Last I checked even ggait praises Colorado's mail in procedures. All Texas asks....is prove you are who you say you are. I bet those minority democrats showed thier ID to fly to DC. :lol:

The arguments brought forth seem to make it much safer, especially with video recording....you know, like that thing all police now wear for "documenting purposes"...I'm sure that'll be seen as racists any day now as well. :lol: :roll:
--- you can drive a truck through the phrase give poll watchers more "freedom of movement." Just who the fu*k are these poll watchers?? how does one get to be a poll watcher?? Are their equal numbers from the two parties?? How many are there?? Why can no one working at the polling place challenge their behavior?? Seems an awful lot of power being vested in these people. Sounds like the definition of "head Nazi".
They already have poll watchers, it’s nothing new, other than the ability to move more freely and observe the elections workers. It’s merely neutral checks and balances.
... that's the problem. Poll watchers with limits now exist. What does more freedom of movement mean and why is it necessary to give priority to these people over "neutral" poll workers running the election? Freedom of movement means they can get in a voters face, sure does sound like that is not forbidden behavior. What happens if the various partisan poll watchers are freely moving into conflict with each other? Poll watcher behavior is currently circumscribed.
If it’s too much of a conflict, just close the polling location until order is restored…
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a forceful statement to his sock drawer this week, President Biden condemned Republican lawmakers' efforts to disenfranchise black voters by making them show ID to vote—since black people don't understand what IDs are or how to get them.

Sources say that in addition to controlling elections at the federal level, Biden has other plans for protecting democracy—such as confiscating guns, checking private citizens door to door for vaccination status, and dissolving the Galactic Senate to reorganize the Republic into the first Galactic Empire.
:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:42 pm

Explained here:

Law abiding citizens.
In an open carry state...and if someone does something egregious, they get a warning not removal...next person steps up...warning...

youth calls that "neutral" :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Explained here:

If it’s too much of a conflict, just close the polling location until order is restored…
Create the problem, close the polling station...limited hours...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:55 am

Explained here:

You left out the “you see, we told you there were problems….we had to close it down”…..
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:55 am

Explained here:

You left out the “you see, we told you there were problems….we had to close it down”…..
:D ;)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Voting wrongs:

https://i.imgur.com/t547zNF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/20Est3A.png

Brought to you by the war party which insists we must have foreign wars to preserve our freedoms - the same freedoms suppressed by repukeblicons.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MLB commissioner Rob Manfred went from yanking the all star game from Atlanta a couple months ago to seeing the Atlanta Braves providing DOPUS with tickets to the World Series in Atlanta tonight. Quite the journey for the league.

Spokesman for the Braves says, DOPUS called looking for four tickets which they provided which, I guess is their excuse.........that it wasn't their idea :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:07 pm MLB commissioner Rob Manfred went from yanking the all star game from Atlanta a couple months ago to seeing the Atlanta Braves providing DOPUS with tickets to the World Series in Atlanta tonight. Quite the journey for the league.

Spokesman for the Braves says, DOPUS called looking for four tickets which they provided which, I guess is their excuse.........that it wasn't their idea :oops:
They could have given him nosebleed seats in the upper deck.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:53 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:07 pm MLB commissioner Rob Manfred went from yanking the all star game from Atlanta a couple months ago to seeing the Atlanta Braves providing DOPUS with tickets to the World Series in Atlanta tonight. Quite the journey for the league.

Turns out they gave him an entire luxury suite.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:58 pm

Probably with all of the big Macs and diet cokes he wanted. Hi
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:00 pm

Actually filled with girls from tattletales and pastors from the rural pets of the state.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:22 pm

Actually filled with girls from tattletales and pastors from the rural pets of the state.
If they will be groping females. I wonder if one of those tickets went to King Andy? He could go high while Dump went low.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Had to equivocate huh
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:22 pm

And, of course the lying POS issued a statement today thanking the Commissioner for the invitation to attend. The Braves/Commissioner's Office then had to issue a clarification that former DOPUS requested tickets and they provided them but NOBODY invited him the POS to attend.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:08 pm Had to equivocate huh
Yepper.. if your gonna go high or low your nothing but a sexual predator. King Andy wanted to be POTUS. Too bad that dream will never happen.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

[deleted]
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”