The Abortion Thread

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: The Abortion Thread

Post by PizzaSnake »

Another growth industry for our trading partner to the South.

“Mexico’s supreme court has decriminalized abortion across the country, two years after ruling that abortion was not a crime in one northern state.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... s-abortion
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

In-person voting for a November ballot measure over abortion rights began Wednesday in Ohio, the latest state where voters will decide the issue.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:05 pm Another growth industry for our trading partner to the South.

“Mexico’s supreme court has decriminalized abortion across the country, two years after ruling that abortion was not a crime in one northern state.”

Time for a modern remake of “Losin It”?

Like the recent Ghostbusters and Oceans 8 remakes?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0085868/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:25 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:05 pm Another growth industry for our trading partner to the South.

As long as Jackie Earle Haley has a prominent role. Of course, maybe more age appropriate. He would be good for a shadowy, "fixer" type who acted as a "healthcare mule" for those in need of services who cannot "escape" their Gilead-like state/prison of record.

Needs to be more film noir than teen escapism/romp.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:06 pm

As long as Jackie Earle Haley has a prominent role. Of course, maybe more age appropriate. He would be good for a shadowy, "fixer" type who acted as a "healthcare mule" for those in need of services who cannot "escape" their Gilead-like state/prison of record.

Oh come on. Can’t you imagine the trailer voice going:

“Four teenage girls with bright futures and great grades who’ve been abused and taken advantage of want to find a solution to the problem holding back the rest of their lives. Enjoy the ensuing hijinks as they navigate snakes, mysoginists and general Pious pieces of s**t on their adventure to get back alley abortions with coat hangers and mezcal in the land where women have more freedoms! Come along for a ride filled with bloody laughter and misery.”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:47 pm

“Four teenage girls with bright futures and great grades who’ve been abused and taken advantage of want to find a solution to the problem holding back the rest of their lives. Enjoy the ensuing hijinks as they navigate snakes, mysoginists and general Pious pieces of s**t on their adventure to get back alley abortions with coat hangers and mezcal in the land where women have more freedoms! Come along for a ride filled with bloody laughter and misery.”
My appetite and affection for satire and irony have been supplanted by an appreciation for unvarnished "reality."

But I like your approach. It emphasizes the back-handed infiltration by masking true intent in fluff. Also good for plausible deniability and career extension. Perhaps at this point in my life I'm losing the long view and embracing more immediate expression of thought. Another of my defects expressing in my senescence.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:47 pm

My appetite and affection for satire and irony have been supplanted by an appreciation for unvarnished "reality."

But I like your approach. It emphasizes the back-handed infiltration by masking true intent in fluff. Also good for plausible deniability and career extension. Perhaps at this point in my life I'm losing the long view and embracing more immediate expression of thought. Another of my defects expressing in my senescence.
Well that and the fact that I’m a twisted f**k.

Lemons out of lemonade baby! (I say I’m leaning into it but that’s too on the nose)
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Roe v. Wade repeal impacts where young women choose to go to college, PSU researcher finds

Unsurprising, and yet more brain drain from those states. Wonder if women's lax is seeing any impact.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Why would most want to stay in a place that is a bottom dweller state with a poor education system, broken economy, a deteriorating health system and shortening life expectancy?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kansas judge finds the usual stupid republiCON laws aimed at making women second class citizens unenforceable.

More and more red states are finding doctors abandoning these states and now realize something will have to be done to keep OBGYN doctors, nurses and women's health workers from abandoning these states. It's not like there was no warning given to these elected red state fascists.
ggait

Post by ggait »

NY Times projecting a 15 point win in Ohio for pro-choice.

Trump won Ohio in 2020 by 8 points.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:52 pm NY Times projecting a 15 point win in Ohio for pro-choice.

... at this hour (10:30 PM) it looks like Youngkin's House majority is evaporating and Virginia's democratic Senate is picking up more democratic seats. Andy Beshear wins by a margin that looks like it will be 10 times bigger than last election. If this holds up, real bad night for the fascists. :D :D

Good night, democracy 3 for 3, pulling away.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:29 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:52 pm NY Times projecting a 15 point win in Ohio for pro-choice.

... at this hour (10:30 PM) it looks like Youngkin's House majority is evaporating and Virginia's democratic Senate is picking up more democratic seats. Andy Beshear wins by a margin that looks like it will be 10 times bigger than last election. If this holds up, real bad night for the fascists. :D :D

Good night, democracy 3 for 3, pulling away.
People are tired of the nonsense like we see spewed around here. It’s inhuman.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

What a guy. Thinks he’s “bullet-proof” after the sickening display in the Tejas state senate.

Keep up the anti-abortion nuttery. Might be Biden’s saving grace.

“The Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton, has threatened to prosecute any doctor who provides an abortion to Kate Cox, a woman with a non-viable pregnancy, advising hospitals to ignore a court order issued on Thursday allowing her to get the procedure.

The rightwing Paxton issued the warning to three Houston-area hospitals after a Texas judge ruled this week that Cox, a pregnant woman with a lethal fetal diagnosis, may obtain an abortion under the narrow medical exceptions offered by the state bans.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... n-kate-cox
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:34 pm What a guy. Thinks he’s “bullet-proof” after the sickening display in the Tejas state senate.

Keep up the anti-abortion nuttery. Might be Biden’s saving grace.

“The Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton, has threatened to prosecute any doctor who provides an abortion to Kate Cox, a woman with a non-viable pregnancy, advising hospitals to ignore a court order issued on Thursday allowing her to get the procedure.

The rightwing Paxton issued the warning to three Houston-area hospitals after a Texas judge ruled this week that Cox, a pregnant woman with a lethal fetal diagnosis, may obtain an abortion under the narrow medical exceptions offered by the state bans.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... n-kate-cox
It gets worse. Now the Texas SC has put a temporary halt to the court order…
DMac

Post by DMac »

Why would you do this, anyone can give me one justifiable reason (because it's Texas makes it understandable but doesn't make it justifiable)? God is telling the evangelical to protect this women from herself and her desire for such wrong doings? This is just soooooooooo wrong.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:18 am Why would you do this, anyone can give me one justifiable reason (because it's Texas makes it understandable but doesn't make it justifiable)? God is telling the evangelical to protect this women from herself and her desire for such wrong doings? This is just soooooooooo wrong.
It is way more than sooooooo wrong. WWJD?? This issue tends to get more complicated every day. The different scenarios never end. This is a prime example of a woman who has already lost her baby and wants to retain the ability to have another baby someday.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:45 am
DMac wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:18 am Why would you do this, anyone can give me one justifiable reason (because it's Texas makes it understandable but doesn't make it justifiable)? God is telling the evangelical to protect this women from herself and her desire for such wrong doings? This is just soooooooooo wrong.
It is way more than sooooooo wrong. WWJD?? This issue tends to get more complicated every day. The different scenarios never end. This is a prime example of a woman who has already lost her baby and wants to retain the ability to have another baby someday.
Dmac - because the AG is a thermonuclear a-hole.

Cradle - idiot pols in Texas don't give a shite about women's health. Sadly, they have a LOT of company and being mean also means you have no clue about the opposite sex. :oops:

Bottom line - it is not right. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”