Maryland 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Cooter

Re: Maryland 2020

Post by Cooter »

ckstevenson wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:58 am

Your comment/s on BTN proper are similar to what I and the other person wrote, BTN's lacrosse coverage is lacking.
Just pay the $14.95 for BTN+ and stop whining.
Live Free or Die!
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

Cooter wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:04 am

Your comment/s on BTN proper are similar to what I and the other person wrote, BTN's lacrosse coverage is lacking.
No thanks. I'd rather try and get the service I already pay for to be better. And as a result help the sport of lacrosse have a wider reach and sphere of influence.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Dan Morris back in College Park as the Director of Operations for the team. That will give the goalies a Coach
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

ckstevenson wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:08 am
Cooter wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:04 am

No thanks. I'd rather try and get the service I already pay for to be better. And as a result help the sport of lacrosse have a wider reach and sphere of influence.
Good luck with that.
Live Free or Die!
aalax88

Post by aalax88 »

I just heard that there is no game tomorrow. Navy has canceled because their players are sick. Wishing everyone good health. This is one of the worst Flu seasons I can remember.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... story.html

Upwards of 30 Navy men’s lacrosse players and staff members have contracted the symptoms consistent with Norovirus since arriving back in Annapolis following Tuesday’s game at Richmond.

Out of an abundance of caution and for the sake of public health, the medical staffs at both the Naval Academy and the University of Maryland have determined that Saturday’s men’s lacrosse game should be postponed to prevent the spread of this highly-infectious illness both among both teams.

The Naval Academy is working with the facilities and athletic training staff to ensure current athletic facilities are being disinfected to prevent further spread.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

With no open weekend it will tough to reschedule the Navy game. Maryland coming off of a mid-week lost Tills is probably not happy with doing another one. Looking at the schedule the time btw ND and Albany might work. Those are both home games.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Agreed....each mid week slot between now and end of season puts Navy up against a conference opponent the following Saturday on short rest, so I like your idea, that both teams do not have to travel on the 7th of March after a mid-week game.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

I wouldn't be so sure that Tills doesn't want to reschedule that game. Navy and Maryland have played each other for 72 straight years (if I counted correctly), and Tills has a lot of respect for Navy and traditions like Maryland vs Navy. A mid-week reschedule later in the year can be highly productive as a team gets ready for tournament play. Recall in 2017 when the Albany-Maryland game was cancelled due to frigid weather in Albany. They rescheduled that game for midweek in between Penn St and Rutgers. If you're Amplo, you probably want to reschedule that game too. To be the best, you have to beat the best, right?
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

aalax88 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:11 pm I just heard that there is no game tomorrow. Navy has canceled because their players are sick. Wishing everyone good health. This is one of the worst Flu seasons I can remember.
Norovirus, from what I read. Pretty serious. Son #3 almost died from that when he was 18 months old. Hospitalized for almost a week.
PatBurkeAnnapolis

Ludwig Stadium

Post by PatBurkeAnnapolis »

Just finished watching Penn State Yale, what a great complex. We need to make Ludwig a soccer lacrosse stadium. Move track to the farm and buff out that place to hold 15K. No way should the games be played in the football stadium, just to big for 5,8 10K people. Ludwig would have people right on top of the action. You could build locker rooms, suites, both teams draw very well and would give us great home field advantage. Fans are too spread out and get lost in the stadium.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Tills likes Byrd. They are getting new locker rooms at Byrd

Next Saturday
ESPN @CollegeGameDay at XFINITY @11
@TerpsMLax vs. Notre Dame
@TerrapinHoops vs. Sparty

So glad BB plays at Xfinity
Cno3putts

Post by Cno3putts »

Penn State-Yale a real lacrosse game. Don't think Maryland can compete at that level.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Cno3putts wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:23 am Penn State-Yale a real lacrosse game. Don't think Maryland can compete at that level.
I watched the game, and actually thought the 2 teams looked rather shoddy. Yale 23 turnovers, Penn state 25 turnovers.
Yale 11 of 22 on the clears - just about the worst clearing i have ever seen.
Live Free or Die!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Cooter wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:46 am
Cno3putts wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:23 am Penn State-Yale a real lacrosse game. Don't think Maryland can compete at that level.
I watched the game, and actually thought the 2 teams looked rather shoddy. Yale 23 turnovers, Penn state 25 turnovers.
I agree. Kept wondering if I was watching 2 really good teams and just 2 good teams. The unforced TOs were bad. What I didn't get about PSU was their early sliding to everything. Yale has 1 player that consistently runs by his defender (Brandau), but PSU treated every Yale player like they were Brandau.
Cno3putts

Post by Cno3putts »

I think it was just very aggressive defense from both teams
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

Wheels wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:01 pm
I agree. Kept wondering if I was watching 2 really good teams and just 2 good teams. The unforced TOs were bad. What I didn't get about PSU was their early sliding to everything. Yale has 1 player that consistently runs by his defender (Brandau), but PSU treated every Yale player like they were Brandau.
It's still February I'm not sure there are any really good teams yet. I think both teams are currently good with the potential of being really good. I know the Ivies start practicing later but Yale looked like they'd never practiced a clear way to many times. The advantage Ierlan provides just makes them so tough to defend.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Pensky Material wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:32 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:01 pm
It's still February I'm not sure there are any really good teams yet. I think both teams are currently good with the potential of being really good. I know the Ivies start practicing later but Yale looked like they'd never practiced a clear way to many times. The advantage Ierlan provides just makes them so tough to defend.
Penn State had a good ride but it was a brutal day for Yale on clears. Andy Shay said: “we couldn’t clear our throats.” One factor (although no excuse for a failure rate that would be high at the high school level) is that the goalie has only 6-7 career starts. The incumbent, currently out with an injury, was outstanding in the clear game. Normally that one area would’ve cost Yale the win even with TD Ierlan, but Penn State also struggled with turnovers. It was definitely a physical and intense game.

Depending on the day, I think Maryland could beat either team or lose to either team. There is a lot of parity in college lacrosse right now and we could be looking at a season like last year, when UVA got hot down the stretch and carried it through to the title.
terp talk

Post by terp talk »

Tune into WNST.net at 8AM or replay at Noon for interview with Coach John Tillman asa well as a review on the controversial loss to Ohio State.

terptalk.com

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”