All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:42 pm As fouled up as the world is Doc I can only say I am glad you are on the sidelines here. If the USA was following your lead we would all be dead and dead broke to boot.
Yep. That was made clear when Doc said "you can't overreact to a virus".
a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:33 am
ggait wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:47 am
Trump’s mass negligent homicides, for which his supporters share moral culpability, constitute a crime against humanity.

DocBarrister
USA -- 152 deaths per million pop.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the leaderships of Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, Netherlands, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium. All of which have way more per capita deaths.

Is Macron (335) worse than Hitler? Is the guy running Belgium (560) like a triple Satan in your infantile view? You and Petey Brown are quite the pair.
+1 objective, nonpartisan post
Shhh. Don't tell Doc.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:32 pm
PB ... your views were out of date in the 18th century, needless to say bordering on nonsensical fantasy in the 21st century.

A large, strong, activist federal government isn’t a problem, it’s a necessity. And no delusional uber-libertarian fantasy will change that cold, harsh reality.

Besides ... the “free market” isn’t some golden calf that you are supposed to worship. No, it’s a dumb, brutish oxen that you place a yoke around and regulate, letting it do the hard work of tilling the field. But you don’t let the stupid animal tell you how to respond to a frickin’ global pandemic.

DocBarrister 8-)

I am nominating the above DocB post for FanLax's inaugural Saddest Post of the Year 2020. I can not imagine anyone topping it.

Imagine someone not understanding why America is so great, so wealthy, so charitable. To think that has come at the hands of government, either as the birth mother or the authoritarian cop, is sad. The only reason we are not yet light years ahead of where we are today is because government has held back human beings since time beginning. If not for government, you and I would be taking trips to Mars right now with regularity; cancer would be cured; and male hair loss a long ago memory. Government exists to deny you your rights, your destiny, and your freedoms; that is the fundamental premise of what it is.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 am It's fascinating to see the DNC-orchestrated response to Trump's harmless riff from yesterday. Trump is probably going on zero sleep 3 weeks, and for sure he has a habit of lazily intruding on serious convo's with what he perceives as a helpful suggestion or two. So right now is not the time to listen to everything he says literally, but rather conceptually. But not our fearsome press!
:lol: And you give this pass to Dem Governor's right?

Or to every POTUS we've ever had (as if you sleep great as a President).

He's a big boy. He's responsible for what he says. Just like every other Dem Politician that you cite constantly.....picking apart what they say.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:29 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:52 pm I am the world's greatest believer in the free market. That means, you will suffer as well as thrive, and the thriving far outweighs the suffering. Unfortunately for you Red, the one and only time I violate my creed of never saying never (besides that oxymoron of course) is I will never veer from my embrace of the free market. The free market always wins.
No it doesn't. And we've established that over and over and over. We wouldn't have great public schools and universities if that was even close to being the case.

Or public parks. Or public beaches. Or public roads. Or public libraries. Or, or, or......
Obviously PB is a product of private school education over the course of his lifetime.
Explain this further, please.
I don't want to make any assumptions about you, TLD.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 am It's fascinating to see the DNC-orchestrated response to Trump's harmless riff from yesterday. Trump is probably going on zero sleep 3 weeks, and for sure he has a habit of lazily intruding on serious convo's with what he perceives as a helpful suggestion or two. So right now is not the time to listen to everything he says literally, but rather conceptually. But not our fearsome press!
:lol: And you give this pass to Dem Governor's right?

Or to every POTUS we've ever had (as if you sleep great as a President).

He's a big boy. He's responsible for what he says. Just like every other Dem Politician that you cite constantly.....picking apart what they say.

I don't rip any Dem governor, only in jest and only as a relative point of contention how the Dems here regularly go after DeSantis, who has clearly outperformed every other national governor at this stage.

All of these people are trying, POTUS and Govs. This is the most unique crisis the modern world has ever suffered. No one could have been expected to have been perfectly prepared.

And in less than a year, we will look back and laugh, better prepared for the next one, stronger as a result. This is the arc of human development, suffer a crisis, get better as a result. That is also the arc of capitalism. They go hand in glove.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:52 pm I am the world's greatest believer in the free market. That means, you will suffer as well as thrive, and the thriving far outweighs the suffering. Unfortunately for you Red, the one and only time I violate my creed of never saying never (besides that oxymoron of course) is I will never veer from my embrace of the free market. The free market always wins.
No it doesn't. And we've established that over and over and over. We wouldn't have great public schools and universities if that was even close to being the case.

Or public parks. Or public beaches. Or public roads. Or public libraries. Or, or, or......
Obviously PB is a product of private school education over the course of his lifetime.

Not to mention the fact that I attended a public university! :lol:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Never knew we would have to say this to a president, but there is no place for "sarcastic" comments on drinking or injecting bleach to treat COVID-19.

Americans are dying. Health care workers don’t have enough protective equipment. We don’t have enough tests.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:50 pm
PB ... your views were out of date in the 18th century, needless to say bordering on nonsensical fantasy in the 21st century.

A large, strong, activist federal government isn’t a problem, it’s a necessity. And no delusional uber-libertarian fantasy will change that cold, harsh reality.

Besides ... the “free market” isn’t some golden calf that you are supposed to worship. No, it’s a dumb, brutish oxen that you place a yoke around and regulate, letting it do the hard work of tilling the field. But you don’t let the stupid animal tell you how to respond to a frickin’ global pandemic.

DocBarrister 8-)

I am nominating the above DocB post for FanLax's inaugural Saddest Post of the Year 2020. I can not imagine anyone topping it.

Imagine someone not understanding why America is so great, so wealthy, so charitable. To think that has come at the hands of government, either as the birth mother or the authoritarian cop, is sad. The only reason we are not yet light years ahead of where we are today is because government has held back human beings since time beginning. If not for government, you and I would be taking trips to Mars right now with regularity; cancer would be cured; and male hair loss a long ago memory. Government exists to deny you your rights, your destiny, and your freedoms; that is the fundamental premise of what it is.
Absolute BS.

It was government that got us into space. With a lot of help from business, but directed by them (government).

You really have no idea of the difficulty of space travel. There is a reason we have not sent someone to Mars yet - and it ain't because government is in the way.

And you lack a basic understanding of how cancer works - and why a "cure" for some forms is not likely to happen. And most of the research into those treatments than can lead to "cures" gets funded by the government because they are the only ones with big enough pockets to do it.

Your last sentence about government is highly colored (say deep dyed) by your outlook on the world. But it is only your opinion, just like a lot of the stuff you post. And has little relationship to what our federal/state governments serve to do.

Oh - and male pattern hair loss is treatable. Not sure than anyone has figured out how to engineer out the genetic predisposition to having it though. Those private companies that you so love to tout are happy to take your money to regrow hair. Or you can move what you have around. $$$. Free markets...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm Never knew we would have to say this to a president, but there is no place for "sarcastic" comments on drinking or injecting bleach to treat COVID-19.

Americans are dying. Health care workers don’t have enough protective equipment. We don’t have enough tests.
It is just the latest attempt to cover up what he actually said/meant. The right wing noise machine attempt to tell us we did not actually understand what he meant didn't work so now this.

In reality the job has far surpassed his abilities - and it is getting worse. He is only doing the press conferences because he craves the attention he gets through the press conflicts (missing his rallies to stoke his ego).

But given the talents of some of the rest of the WH (Pence/Ivanka/Jared/Mnuchen for example) I am not sure that invoking the 26th amendment would actually lead to an improvement.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:50 pm

DocBarrister 8-)

Absolute BS.

It was government that got us into space. With a lot of help from business, but directed by them (government).

You really have no idea of the difficulty of space travel. There is a reason we have not sent someone to Mars yet - and it ain't because government is in the way.

And you lack a basic understanding of how cancer works - and why a "cure" for some forms is not likely to happen. And most of the research into those treatments than can lead to "cures" gets funded by the government because they are the only ones with big enough pockets to do it.

Your last sentence about government is highly colored (say deep dyed) by your outlook on the world. But it is only your opinion, just like a lot of the stuff you post. And has little relationship to what our federal/state governments serve to do.

Oh - and male pattern hair loss is treatable. Not sure than anyone has figured out how to engineer out the genetic predisposition to having it though. Those private companies that you so love to tout are happy to take your money to regrow hair. Or you can move what you have around. $$$. Free markets...

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. :lol:

The rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is possessed by all regardless of particular circumstances. These rights exist beyond the reach of any government’s power. Absolute government power corrupts absolutely. America, defined.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:11 pm

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. :lol:

The rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is possessed by all regardless of particular circumstances. These rights exist beyond the reach of any government’s power. Absolute government power corrupts absolutely. America, defined.
Nice slogans. But the part I bolded is absolute BS. And you should know it.

You have had government help for all your life - you just fail to recognize it.

And if your home was whacked by a hurricane or a tornado you would be helped by FEMA. Don't tell me you would not accept it.

And look at all that government run/built infrastructure you use. Or the company you work for (aviation is heavily subsidized, but you know that).

You are always complaining about hypocrisy. You are hypocritical to argue as you do.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Private good.. Public Bad.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:11 pm The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. :lol:
And what did Reagan do after he said that?

You got it: He increased the size of the Federal Government by 50%. And gave us the permanent Farm Bill---handing out money to farmers, and distorting the free market. And guys like you pretended that it was the big, bad Federal government that pulled us out of the recession....and guys like you believed Reagan, because you ALWAYS believe what a R President tells you when the chips are down.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:11 pm The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. :lol:
And what did Reagan do after he said that?

You got it: He increased the size of the Federal Government by 50%. And gave us the permanent Farm Bill---handing out money to farmers, and distorting the free market. And guys like you pretended that it was the big, bad Federal government that pulled us out of the recession....and guys like you believed Reagan, because you ALWAYS believe what a R President tells you when the chips are down.
Is that not the deal he had to make with Tip to get all the military goodies he wanted? That is what horse trading was back in the Reagan /Tip O'neill era, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's the Republican myth----that Republicans don't want pork, handouts, and big govermment for their voter base.

You and I both know that's a big, fat lie.

Bush could have cut government all he wanted. He had Congress.

Trump, too. For two years.

What did they do, instead? You got it. Bush outspent Clinton, and blew the budget surplus.

And Trump blew by Obama-level spending BEFORE this crisis hit. Trump will go down as the biggest big government President of all time.

All while his fans deny the math, and deny what Trump did.....
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:04 pm That's the Republican myth----that Republicans don't want pork, handouts, and big govermment for their voter base.

You and I both know that's a big, fat lie.

Bush could have cut government all he wanted. He had Congress.

Trump, too. For two years.

What did they do, instead? You got it. Bush outspent Clinton, and blew the budget surplus.

And Trump blew by Obama-level spending BEFORE this crisis hit. Trump will go down as the biggest big government President of all time.

All while his fans deny the math, and deny what Trump did.....
That was when the flood gates were opened. Reagan wanted all those shiny new military toys. I remembered seeing some of them come on line. Our Hueys went away to be replaced by Blackhawks. The M60 tanks were replaced by M1s. M113s were replaced by Bradleys and so on and so on and so forth that was for all the branches of the military. You can disagree all day long and I understand that. Reagan was never going to get what he wanted without giving Tip something in return. Their horse trading was chicken feed to what goes on today. They both did lay the groundwork for the out of control spending we live with today.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 pm You can disagree all day long and I understand that. Reagan was never going to get what he wanted without giving Tip something in return. Their horse trading was chicken feed to what goes on today. They both did lay the groundwork for the out of control spending we live with today.
Actually, I agree with every word here. Especially your last sentence.

My point, is simply that Republican Congressmen wanted the domestic spending....socialism, handouts, whatever you prefer to call it.....just as much, if not more than the Dems did.

Happy to hear the missus is done with her tour of duty. I think I can speak for everyone here when i ask you to give her a big hug, and an even bigger thank you from her fellow Americans.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 pm You can disagree all day long and I understand that. Reagan was never going to get what he wanted without giving Tip something in return. Their horse trading was chicken feed to what goes on today. They both did lay the groundwork for the out of control spending we live with today.
Actually, I agree with every word here. Especially your last sentence.

My point, is simply that Republican Congressmen wanted the domestic spending....socialism, handouts, whatever you prefer to call it.....just as much, if not more than the Dems did.

Happy to hear the missus is done with her tour of duty. I think I can speak for everyone here when i ask you to give her a big hug, and an even bigger thank you from her fellow Americans.
I so agree with you, she is very happy to go back to her real job.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”