All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

tech37

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:56 am This video of Birx today is worth a thousand words. Thousand yard stare.

https://twitter.com/NC5PhilWilliams/sta ... 3046385670
She may have been praying at that moment :?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

“Watch Dr. Birx’ soul slowly die.” The camera angle showing her reaction as Chump mumbles gibberish about “heat and light” is priceless...

Jeebus. The “bottom” has turned into a bottomless Black Hole.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
tech37

Post by tech37 »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 am “Watch Dr. Birx’ soul slowly die.” The camera angle showing her reaction as Chump mumbles gibberish about “heat and light” is priceless...

:lol: Takes a Black Hole to know one
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:16 am “Watch Dr. Birx’ soul slowly die.” The camera angle showing her reaction as Chump mumbles gibberish about “heat and light” is priceless...

It's fascinating to see the DNC-orchestrated response to Trump's harmless riff from yesterday. Trump is probably going on zero sleep 3 weeks, and for sure he has a habit of lazily intruding on serious convo's with what he perceives as a helpful suggestion or two. So right now is not the time to listen to everything he says literally, but rather conceptually. But not our fearsome press!

So Trump is listening in to the DHS guy and what Trump hears is that sunlight and disinfectant are a good one-two punch to kill the virus on surfaces (duh...everyone in Florida knows that already; one reason our death toll is so low relative to the rest of the US). Trump then suggests to Birx that people go outside (check! good thing) and for the scientists to determine a chemical compound (like any drug) to in effect 'disinfect' a human. Conceptual stuff, not literal. We all do the same from time to time.

The press immediately goes batsh!! because what they hear is Trump just said the American people need to mainline Lysol straight into their veins. You could see this in real time on Twitter how the press and DNC lie in wait, waiting to spring into action on anything they hear over a two hour presser to attack Trump. At that stage, for the rest of the presser, every Tweet by every blue check journo and DNC hit man was about Trump telling everyone to inject Lysol into their veins...I wish I was kidding.

And naturally, the DNC/press cues are then taken up by the witting and unwitting, such as disslaxx's post above. It just goes around and around every day. Not saying Trump doesn't deserve criticism when warranted, but it is no wonder he continually calls the MSM 'fake'. They are scavengers looking to get their likes and tv hits, that is all; zero help, they deserve your mockery.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:25 pm WTFiretruck!

ok, so this fellow Bryan just tells us about the impact of sunlight on the half life of the virus..UV rays making the virus die faster...

Makes a lot of sense.

But then Trump talks about blasting people with UV rays....then he suggests sticking UV rays INSIDE -people!!!
Keeps blathering on...

Then, we get a question back to Bryan about putting sunlight inside people...he says, we don't do that in our lab.

Of course, you don't!!!

Trump tries to get him to agree...
It wasn't Trump's idea. The stupid ABC reporter asked the DHS guy about "injecting ", shortly before the stupid CBS reporter asked why New Orleans was a hot spot because it's hot & humid.
Whoa, I watched it live. The question came later.
I rolled it back and watched it again, it was so outrageous...and he kept doubling down.

It was exactly as described.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:40 am

ok, so this fellow Bryan just tells us about the impact of sunlight on the half life of the virus..UV rays making the virus die faster...

Makes a lot of sense.

But then Trump talks about blasting people with UV rays....then he suggests sticking UV rays INSIDE -people!!!
Keeps blathering on...

Then, we get a question back to Bryan about putting sunlight inside people...he says, we don't do that in our lab.

Of course, you don't!!!

It wasn't Trump's idea. The stupid ABC reporter asked the DHS guy about "injecting ", shortly before the stupid CBS reporter asked why New Orleans was a hot spot because it's hot & humid.
I rolled it back and watched it again, it was so outrageous...and he kept doubling down.

So over a two-hour presser, this was your one and only takeaway, that Trump suggest you inject Lysol into your veins?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

futures reverse and turn up.

clorox up pre mkt.

no word yet from oracle on spinning sun microsystems back out.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It is SOO amusing watching our Trumpist friends twisting themselves into pretzels defending Chump and the World of Alternative Facts he moves in daily. He is his own best "disinfectant" to rid the Body Politic of the infection he has brought to our country. Keep it up! I hope he keeps having these rallies, someone called them "pressers" but really they are more of his Reality Show ratings driven campaign. It is reliably reported that he watches the ratings for these things very closely...and he can't be happy...

We will come out of this in spite of Chump and his feeble show biz approach to governing.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 am

It's fascinating to see the DNC-orchestrated response to Trump's harmless riff from yesterday. Trump is probably going on zero sleep 3 weeks, and for sure he has a habit of lazily intruding on serious convo's with what he perceives as a helpful suggestion or two. So right now is not the time to listen to everything he says literally, but rather conceptually. But not our fearsome press!

So Trump is listening in to the DHS guy and what Trump hears is that sunlight and disinfectant are a good one-two punch to kill the virus on surfaces (duh...everyone in Florida knows that already; one reason our death toll is so low relative to the rest of the US). Trump then suggests to Birx that people go outside (check! good thing) and for the scientists to determine a chemical compound (like any drug) to in effect 'disinfect' a human. Conceptual stuff, not literal. We all do the same from time to time.

The press immediately goes batsh!! because what they hear is Trump just said the American people need to mainline Lysol straight into their veins. You could see this in real time on Twitter how the press and DNC lie in wait, waiting to spring into action on anything they hear over a two hour presser to attack Trump. At that stage, for the rest of the presser, every Tweet by every blue check journo and DNC hit man was about Trump telling everyone to inject Lysol into their veins...I wish I was kidding.

And naturally, the DNC/press cues are then taken up by the witting and unwitting, such as disslaxx's post above. It just goes around and around every day. Not saying Trump doesn't deserve criticism when warranted, but it is no wonder he continually calls the MSM 'fake'. They are scavengers looking to get their likes and tv hits, that is all; zero help, they deserve your mockery.
PB, IMO, one of Trump's major flaws is his constant unawareness of what he's saying and how he sets himself up for ridicule from MSM and resistance nation. At times he says stuff just to p*ss off the opposition, but other times, like last night, with his stream of consciousness (or unconsciousness) he steps directly into a steaming pile. I think calourie said it best on another post..."shut the F up!" He doesn't know when to...he can't help himself.
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Best advice yet. Keep women out of grocery stores because they take too long and therefore contribute to overcrowding at the stores! Yes! Some truth, finally!

Japanese mayor says men should grocery shop during pandemic as women 'take a longer time'

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/24/asia ... urce=twCNN

:lol: :lol:

(for the 'smart' set on FanLax: the above post is not to be taken literally, but instead is what the rest of the world calls "humor"...thank you)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:40 am

Makes a lot of sense.

Keeps blathering on...

Of course, you don't!!!

So over a two-hour presser, this was your one and only takeaway, that Trump suggest you inject Lysol into your veins?
no, and BTW, I didn't takeaway that you should inject Lysol.
But that's because I'm not an IDIOT or OUT OF MY MIND !

But yeah, Trump actually thought it was great idea along with the equally stupid idea of UV rays inside you.

On this particular aspect of the presser, which was on in the background as I worked on a business article I was writing, Bryan's chart caught my eye first. I rolled back the tape to hear what he was saying again. As I said, I found it interesting, that it was making sense. It had been a question I'd had as to whether they'd tried testing in the lab the effects of sunlight, heat and humidity given that these do decrease other virus transmission.

I found it credible and interesting.

and then Trump stepped to the podium and started spewing total nonsense...yes, dangerous nonsense.
That caused me to roll it back again as I couldn't believe I'd actually heard what he'd said...

I followed some of the questioning thereafter, including not wanting to talk about McConnell's comments about blue state bankruptcies (which he did answer in part later) and then the question came back as to whether he'd really said injecting ...the reporters couldn't believe they'd heard it either! And Trump doubled down, Bryan and Birx squirming mightily.

It was flabbergasting.

Put aside the specific moments of stupidity, and that he could have at least had the judgment to ask such a question privately instead of in front of the world (of course, he might have and wanted to press it again?), but what does it tell us of his capacity to actually process information and make decisions?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:14 am

PB, IMO, one of Trump's major flaws is his constant unawareness of what he's saying and how he sets himself up for ridicule from MSM and resistance nation. At times he says stuff just to p*ss off the opposition, but other times like last night, with his stream of consciousness (or unconsciousness) he steps directly into a steaming pile. I think calourie said it best on another post..."shut the F up!" He doesn't know when to...he can't help himself.

I think we all agree (by all, I mean those that do no have TDS). But it does not mean that we should not call out the incredible duplicity of the media and DNC, who spend two hours trying with every fiber of their being to find the one thing Trump says that sounds mildly batsh!!.

Trump looked tired yesterday imo. What he was trying to say versus how it came out are two very different things; anyone who is conscious knows exactly what he was trying to convey. The lie is in the transparent attempt by the media/DNC who are desperate for others to think Trump just advised citizens to mainline Lysol. Not what he meant, not even what he said. But round and round it goes.

Trump said something inartfully. The DNC/media go batsh!!. Twitter blue cheks repeat the press lie. Unwitting Dems at home rep;eat the lie. The sane among us reply 'not exactly what he meant nor said'. Today is a new day and the next presser.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PB, IMO, one of Trump's major flaws is his constant unawareness of what he's saying and how he sets himself up for ridicule from MSM and resistance nation. At times he says stuff just to p*ss off the opposition, but other times, like last night, with his stream of consciousness (or unconsciousness) he steps directly into a steaming pile. I think calourie said it best on another post..."shut the F up!" He doesn't know when to...he can't help himself.
Fair comment, tech37.

But I don't think this is merely about what he says, but also what he does and what he demands others do...from that same lack of reasoning and 'gut'.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:18 am Put aside the specific moments of stupidity, and that he could have at least had the judgment to ask such a question privately instead of in front of the world (of course, he might have and wanted to press it again?), but what does it tell us of his capacity to actually process information and make decisions?

On this point above, I understand where you're coming from, except the evidence is Trump appears to make relatively sane decisions when you are able to take a step back and weigh objectively.

He has been reluctant to go into wars even while his advisors like Bolton were egging him on. His selection of Gorsuch was a gift to America that will last 40 years. His reduction in federal taxes on income have been great. His prison reform bills have been outstanding (against the advice and suggestions of nearly every Republican and every Democrat).
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:21 am

PB, IMO, one of Trump's major flaws is his constant unawareness of what he's saying and how he sets himself up for ridicule from MSM and resistance nation. At times he says stuff just to p*ss off the opposition, but other times like last night, with his stream of consciousness (or unconsciousness) he steps directly into a steaming pile. I think calourie said it best on another post..."shut the F up!" He doesn't know when to...he can't help himself.

I think we all agree (by all, I mean those that do no have TDS). But it does not mean that we should not call out the incredible duplicity of the media and DNC, who spend two hours trying with every fiber of their being to find the one thing Trump says that sounds mildly batsh!!.

Trump looked tired yesterday imo. What he was trying to say versus how it came out are two very different things; anyone who is conscious knows exactly what he was trying to convey. The lie is in the transparent attempt by the media/DNC who are desperate for others to think Trump just advised citizens to mainline Lysol. Not what he meant, not even what he said. But round and round it goes.

Trump said something inartfully. The DNC/media go batsh!!. Twitter blue cheks repeat the press lie. Unwitting Dems at home rep;eat the lie. The sane among us reply 'not exactly what he meant nor said'. Today is a new day and the next presser.
I'm sure they are all exhausted and I feel for them (could easily explain Dr. Birx stare). That said, if he hadn't commented re any new evidence to fight virus, we wouldn't need to have this discussion.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:18 am Put aside the specific moments of stupidity, and that he could have at least had the judgment to ask such a question privately instead of in front of the world (of course, he might have and wanted to press it again?), but what does it tell us of his capacity to actually process information and make decisions?

On this point above, I understand where you're coming from, except the evidence is Trump appears to make relatively sane decisions when you are able to take a step back and weigh objectively.

He has been reluctant to go into wars even while his advisors like Bolton were egging him on. His selection of Gorsuch was a gift to America that will last 40 years. His reduction in federal taxes on income have been great. His prison reform bills have been outstanding (against the advice and suggestions of nearly every Republican and every Democrat).
So...some of the time he acquiesces to the sane around him?
Or does he get it right twice a day, like the proverbial broken clock?
(I disagree on taxes, but that's a separate question)

Seriously, you trust his capacity to make any decision based on his own actual rational thoughts?
I don't.

Now, as I said to my basement dweller last night, I get it that you still want to support him versus the option of the hated Dems...but let's not kid ourselves about the guy either.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Total baloney PB.
You know it, I know it, we all know it.

He didn't say one dumb thing, he said it over and over again in different ways, and tried to get the scientists to confirm what he was saying made sense (which they would NOT do) and then appeared pleased when he misunderstood their not getting up and screaming at him to shut up...as actual agreement.

Watch the whole thing PB.
Total whack job.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

No. I happened to be at dinner with a family I often eat meals with and the TV happened to be on during this now infamous exchange. All of us just watched it with jaws open. Their seventh grader even disappeared to the laundry room to fetch the bleach as a joke.

There is no good explanation other than he really is out of his element and really has no clue. Not inartful. Almost criminally stupid. Even Clorox is having to put out warnings.

Your devotion to the OD is blinding you to the truth.

Return to “POLITICS”