NFL

General Chatter
cradleandshoot

Re: NFL

Post by cradleandshoot »

NY governor Kathy Hochul is pleading with the Bills mafia to stay home and watch the game on TV. I'm taking her advice but the Bills mafia isn't paying attention. The Steelers fans will be well represented as well. There could be 18 inches of wind blown snow by game time. In Orchard Park that is football weather. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:42 am NY governor Kathy Hochul is pleading with the Bills mafia to stay home and watch the game on TV. I'm taking her advice but the Bills mafia isn't paying attention. The Steelers fans will be well represented as well. There could be 18 inches of wind blown snow by game time. In Orchard Park that is football weather. :D
Yeah--baby! 100%

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO! 👏-👏-👏👏👏
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:42 am NY governor Kathy Hochul is pleading with the Bills mafia to stay home and watch the game on TV. I'm taking her advice but the Bills mafia isn't paying attention. The Steelers fans will be well represented as well. There could be 18 inches of wind blown snow by game time. In Orchard Park that is football weather. :D
I saw a post on social media where it looked like the Stadium was soliciting people to come to the stadium at 10pm and work for 20/hr to shovel snow.....Shovel and food would be provided.

True?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
OuttaNowhereWregget

Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs

The only way America watches this game is if they ante up with Peacock streaming service (unless you live in Miami or Kansas City, that is). Six bucks to watch a football game? My response to that just on general principle...

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:02 am
I saw a post on social media where it looked like the Stadium was soliciting people to come to the stadium at 10pm and work for 20/hr to shovel snow.....Shovel and food would be provided.

True?
Very true.
cradleandshoot

Re: Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs

Post by cradleandshoot »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:14 am The only way America watches this game is if they ante up with Peacock streaming service (unless you live in Miami or Kansas City, that is). Six bucks to watch a football game? My response to that just on general principle...

It isn't going very well with most NFL fans. This is the new era for the NFL. I'm going over to my neighbors house to watch the game. This is a glimpse into the future.
youthathletics

Re: Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:18 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:14 am The only way America watches this game is if they ante up with Peacock streaming service (unless you live in Miami or Kansas City, that is). Six bucks to watch a football game? My response to that just on general principle...

It isn't going very well with most NFL fans. This is the new era for the NFL. I'm going over to my neighbors house to watch the game. This is a glimpse into the future.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

So now that they have moved the game to Monday, does the $20 an hour snow shoveling job offer still stand? Inquiring minds want to know.
njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:02 am

True?
What I saw was that it was BYOS. Bring your own shovel.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Governor Hochul just announced the game will be moved to Monday at 4:30. That is probably a very smart move. There will be alot of Bills mafia folks playing hooky on Monday.
njbill

Post by njbill »

What? Did cradle just say a Democrat did something that was very smart? :P Will wonders never cease. The next thing you know, he’ll be voting for her when she is up for reelection. :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:19 pm What? Did cradle just say a Democrat did something that was very smart? :P Will wonders never cease. The next thing you know, he’ll be voting for her when she is up for reelection. :lol:
Her one redeeming factor is she is a Buffalo girl. Anyone who has ever attended a Bills game understands what a nightmare it can be getting out of the parking lot with just a couple of inches of snow. It took us almost 3 hours to reach the NYS thruway after one such game. Not a lot of fun.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I am an NFC guy and usually root for the NFC teams, but this year I hate the Cowgirls and the Whiners. After the Eagles, I like the Ravens and the Bills. Favoring the Ravens, but the Bills are a close second.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:25 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:19 pm What? Did cradle just say a Democrat did something that was very smart? :P Will wonders never cease. The next thing you know, he’ll be voting for her when she is up for reelection. :lol:
Her one redeeming factor is she is a Buffalo girl. Anyone who has ever attended a Bills game understands what a nightmare it can be getting out of the parking lot with just a couple of inches of snow. It took us almost 3 hours to reach the NYS thruway after one such game. Not a lot of fun.
With her influence I’m sure the nearly $2 Billion will cover ingress and egress on her new stadium. Oops, the new stadium. I guess they avoided a roof so those bringing their shovels and earning the $20 hour will use that income to pay their taxes.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:45 pm So now that they have moved the game to Monday, does the $20 an hour snow shoveling job offer still stand? Inquiring minds want to know.
The shovel teams will be back Monday morning. They do this every time there’s a significant snowfall.
ardilla secreta

Ask him who the last governor from Western New York was. Does he think many governors from NYC give a rats ass about Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse?

Hochul could and hopefully will funnel more funds to the west than anyone ever has and that would be alright by me.

Last governor from Western NY was Grover Cleveland.
ardilla secreta

IMG_5489.jpeg
IMG_5489.jpeg (60.67 KiB) Viewed 232 times
njbill

Post by njbill »

His “namesake” Grover Cleveland Alexander won the Phillies first ever World Series game in 1915. The next World Series game they won was in 1980.
ardilla secreta

6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:49 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:25 pm
With her influence I’m sure the nearly $2 Billion will cover ingress and egress on her new stadium. Oops, the new stadium. I guess they avoided a roof so those bringing their shovels and earning the $20 hour will use that income to pay their taxes.
They avoided the roof because the fans don’t want one, like the wimpy cities.
OuttaNowhereWregget

More Unflattering Details Surface -- What Preceded Belichick's Firing

According to a lengthy ESPN article by Seth Wickersham and Wright Thompson, entitled “It was the Patriot way, until it wasn’t,” Belichick’s relationship with the Kraft family was even worse by the end than originally believed.

Here are six takeaways from the detailed report on the end of the dynasty in New England.

Belichick wanted to move on from Tom Brady in the early 2010s.
It’s widely understood that Belichick wanted to move on from Brady during the latter part of the legendary quarterback’s career. Ultimately that didn’t happen until the conclusion of the 2019 season. But, Belichick reportedly flirted with the idea of moving Brady in the early 2010s.

Wickersham and Thompson noted New England’s plateau from 2006-2013 — specifically after a pair of Super Bowl losses to the Giants — as a window where Belichick considered trading Brady. During that time, he had already begun expressing a desire to win a Super Bowl without his future Hall of Fame signal caller.

In 2014, Belichick even presented Kraft with a study about quarterbacks dropping off in their mid-30s. He used a second-round pick to draft Jimmy Garoppolo that same season, and positioned him to be Brady’s successor.

Ultimately, as the story goes, Kraft intervened at every turn to keep Brady with the Patriots until the two sides finally split. Fighting to keep Brady around turned out well for everybody, though, considering New England won three more Super Bowls during the time Belichick was reportedly ready to move on.

The disdain for Belichick’s move clearly still lingered with Kraft, though, and possibly still does. After Brady hoisted his seventh Lombardi Trophy with Tampa Bay, Kraft reportedly said privately that “Bill had told me [Brady] couldn’t play anymore, and then he goes out and wins the [expletive] Super Bowl.”

People around the NFL believed the Krafts were ‘too involved’ as owners.
One thing’s for sure, the Kraft family is passionate about the Patriots. However, in the eyes of some people, they’ve done too much meddling with the team since taking over ownership of it.

Belichick apparently knew of this before 2000; there was “word around the league that they meddled and liked to be involved in football matters.” Hence, Belichick included both Robert and Jonathan in a pre-draft strategy meeting, reportedly as a test of sorts. That was the same year Belichick drafted Brady in the sixth round.
In the final weeks of the 2023 season, Belichick reportedly told people around him that he thought Robert and Jonathan “eroded the culture he had built over two decades.”

In the final year of his time with New England, people around the league even began to feel sorry for Belichick, who’d been their enemy for years due to the dynasty he created. Wickersham and Thompson specifically cited how those people feeling bad about the way the Krafts allowed Belichick to “twist under a barrage of reports about his future.”

It doesn’t seem that involvement will go away in the new regime either. In fact, the Krafts — Jonathan specifically — might become more involved than ever. The article details that some plans were in place for J. Kraft to handle football operations alongside Robyn Glaser, a senior VP for the Kraft Group, in 2024 if Belichick was gone.

Once those plans got out internally, one source said “the Krafts’ meddling has got everyone spun around.”

There was serious tension between Belichick and Jonathan Kraft, too.
It seems like a foregone conclusion that Robert Kraft and Belichick’s relationship had soured beyond repair over the years. But, what’s less widely known is how much tension existed between Belichick and Jonathan.

According to Wickersham and Thompson, J. Kraft told friends he wanted Belichick gone in late 2022. Midway through this season, Belichick described him as “brutal,” riding Belichick hard about his decision-making as New England slumped.
J. Kraft wasn’t at Belichick’s farewell address, and Belichick didn’t mention him at any point in his statement. Bitter to the end on both sides, it seems.
Belichick was open to trading Mac Jones in the offseason.

Whether Mac Jones was doomed to fail by the carousel of coordinators in front of him, or he’s actually an NFL bust, it’s clear that he isn’t suited to be the Patriots quarterback. And frankly, wasn’t for the majority of 2023, at least.
So, it’s interesting to see that Belichick apparently brought up the idea of trading Jones prior to the 2023 season. A decision that was reportedly overruled by the Krafts.

Instead, the Patriots brought in Bill O’Brien to help fix things. According to Wickersham and Thompson’s sources, R. Kraft told one person, “I’m going to do what I need to get my quarterback the right people.” That move seemed to have the right intentions, but it missed the mark completely. Jones wasn’t any better in year three than year two, and now his stock is lower than ever if New England wanted to trade him this offseason.

It seems the Krafts’ lack of trust in Belichick and quarterbacks clouded their judgment on what, in hindsight, would have been a good decision to trade the young signal-caller.

Players and coaches rallied around Belichick in his final weeks.
No matter how ready the Krafts were to move on from Belichick, it seems most of the coaches and players in Foxborough didn’t share that sentiment.

Wickersham and Thompson wrote that the locker room “rallied around” Belichick late in the season when the team’s playoff hopes had already vanished. Captain Matthew Slater was vocal in press conferences and media scrums about his love for Belichick and Belichick’s ability to remain focused and consistent no matter the circumstances.
One Patriots assistant coach reportedly said the “Krafts should be ashamed of themselves,” about the way they treated Belichick at the end of his run.
The ‘amicable’ ending that was anything but.

At the end of the day, Belichick and R. Kraft stood on a stage, hugged, and shared a few touching moments together. Kraft said the decision was “mutual” and “amicable,” and Belichick looked at Kraft and told him he’d always be a Patriot.
Apparently, that was all for show, and exactly how the Krafts hoped to end the relationship. The reality was filled with far more disdain. One of Kraft’s confidants called it “an amazing performance because I don’t think Bill has given Robert eye contact in a year and a half.”

Now, at least both sides can hit the reset button away from what seemed to be a toxic relationship no matter how you spin it. Belichick will presumably go after Don Shula’s wins record with another team. And the Krafts will attempt to resurrect New England’s winning ways with Jerod Mayo at the helm.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”