York 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxattackjack

Re: York 2023

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxrules wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:22 pm Why the anger/hate for insideroll? Did I miss something? I asked a question and he answered. D3 players look elsewhere, especially if they aren't getting what they want academically or athletically. I am sure D1 will be knocking on their doors. Seen a good amount of that over the years.

Is it a knock on York? Maybe/Maybe not, but if there are a lot of undergraduates in the portal then something may be up. From the outside it does appear that York has an excellent lacrosse program led by a great coach.
I think insiderroll said his kid didn’t get recruited by York, so now he is bitter. He seems to troll this board. Regardless of the lax knowledge he has, It is odd how York seems to be his nemesis.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:27 pm
laxrules wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:22 pm Why the anger/hate for insideroll? Did I miss something? I asked a question and he answered. D3 players look elsewhere, especially if they aren't getting what they want academically or athletically. I am sure D1 will be knocking on their doors. Seen a good amount of that over the years.

Is it a knock on York? Maybe/Maybe not, but if there are a lot of undergraduates in the portal then something may be up. From the outside it does appear that York has an excellent lacrosse program led by a great coach.
I think insiderroll said his kid didn’t get recruited by York, so now he is bitter. He seems to troll this board. Regardless of the lax knowledge he has, It is odd how York seems to be his nemesis.
I don’t even think York had lacrosse when my kids went through their process. The York board is one of the most active so it’s bound to draw more criticism at times. I’ve complimented Childs and shown admiration for this program on multiple occasions. Much of this stemmed from the fact that last fall all of the York posters believed they could compete for a national championship, I looked at the talent they lost and what they returned and simply disagreed. For a year everyone on this forum strongly disagreed and went on and on about how close they were to being a championship team. I still disagreed. Turns out, they are in fact not competing for a national championship tomorrow, and did not in fact replicate the success of last year. I’m not sure how that’s personal. I also said Union wouldn’t be a top 10 in 2023, their fans didn’t get their panties in a bunch about it.

I then posted that the players in question are in fact in the portal because it seems to be at debate. I didn’t state a word of opinion as to why. Burbank is the other player in the portal for the record. I’ve never speculated as to the reason because I haven’t the slightest idea about why.

It seems that every time I present a statement of fact to people on this forum they really struggle to accept it.

Since it was also brought up. Cullen Decker from F&M and Colin McCarthy from Kenyon have also entered in as notable D3 underclass transfers. Guess I hate those programs too.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Same thing happened on the NESCAC board. Someone over there made a bracket prediction about the at large bids. This guy thought most of the conference should have received a bid and thought several should also have had a home game. I pointed out the Bowdoin was overrated. They all disagreed and their panties got in a wad. They all took it personally. And, as the season ended, Bowdoin didn’t get a first round home game. Sometimes fans take things too personally
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:16 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:27 pm

I don’t even think York had lacrosse when my kids went through their process. The York board is one of the most active so it’s bound to draw more criticism at times. I’ve complimented Childs and shown admiration for this program on multiple occasions. Much of this stemmed from the fact that last fall all of the York posters believed they could compete for a national championship, I looked at the talent they lost and what they returned and simply disagreed. For a year everyone on this forum strongly disagreed and went on and on about how close they were to being a championship team. I still disagreed. Turns out, they are in fact not competing for a national championship tomorrow, and did not in fact replicate the success of last year. I’m not sure how that’s personal. I also said Union wouldn’t be a top 10 in 2023, their fans didn’t get their panties in a bunch about it.

I then posted that the players in question are in fact in the portal because it seems to be at debate. I didn’t state a word of opinion as to why. Burbank is the other player in the portal for the record. I’ve never speculated as to the reason because I haven’t the slightest idea about why.

It seems that every time I present a statement of fact to people on this forum they really struggle to accept it.

Since it was also brought up. Cullen Decker from F&M and Colin McCarthy from Kenyon have also entered in as notable D3 underclass transfers. Guess I hate those programs too.
I never remember Insideroll is not anti York he is just putting out facts.Kids leave school for lots of reasons. There is no need to make some up.
DaleJr

Post by DaleJr »

What will York look like in 2024?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

DaleJr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:38 pm What will York look like in 2024?
With (at least) three key players in the portal
And up to 10 key players graduating
This team could look completely different.
I don’t think we will know until September
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:38 am
More kids rumored to be leaving than before. Very unheard of for this York program. A big freshman class coming in, hopefully they can make an immediate impact. Hoping they are also of decent size….
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

LaxFan1991 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:04 am
More kids rumored to be leaving than before. Very unheard of for this York program. A big freshman class coming in, hopefully they can make an immediate impact. Hoping they are also of decent size….
Other kids that are leaving were not contributors last year and with the kids coming back probably would not have seen the field again.
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

Asgot wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:01 am
LaxFan1991 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:04 am
Other kids that are leaving were not contributors last year and with the kids coming back probably would not have seen the field again.
Some contributors, some not. Aside from on the field performance, there are usually plenty of guys on the team who create the great atmosphere even if they don’t have the technical skill
Mijohnson

Post by Mijohnson »

Obvious issues......
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:27 pm I think insiderroll said his kid didn’t get recruited by York, so now he is bitter.
InsiderRoll didn’t say anything like that. You did though.
Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:29 pm You seem to be fixated on York. Did they cut you son?
Attributing your own comment to someone else to undermine their credibility is a bold strategy.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”