Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by houndace1 »

Laxfan01 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:04 am Really excited for this ‘20 class to get on campus, especially on the defensive side. Bean is a bigger, athletic kid who is still pretty raw, and has tons of potential. The kid from hill is very highly regarded, and is seen as one of the most underrated recruits in the class. Saffin should be a very promising ssdm(which you can never have enough nowadays). Lastly, Staudt might be the most exciting guy for us in the class. Top 5 ranked goalie in the country despite limited exposure, and will be walking into maybe the biggest position of need on the roster
Just curious, but where does it say that Staudt is a top 5 goalie in the 2020 class?

I like this group as well, has a great deal of defensive guys along with LSM's. I can't wait to see what Fairey (the hill academy recruit) can do. Also dont sleep on Gunnar Cheuvront (2019 kid) whos described as a quintessential LSM guy, thought he hasn't signed an NLI, yet...

Look at the 2021 class, have two strong middies so far (one is Mark Dixon's son), along with a great LSM recruit in Diego Roman
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:11 pm [quote=Laxfan01 post_id=93127 time=<a href="tel:1575129897">1575129897</a> user_id=2152]
Really excited for this ‘20 class to get on campus, especially on the defensive side. Bean is a bigger, athletic kid who is still pretty raw, and has tons of potential. The kid from hill is very highly regarded, and is seen as one of the most underrated recruits in the class. Saffin should be a very promising ssdm(which you can never have enough nowadays). Lastly, Staudt might be the most exciting guy for us in the class. Top 5 ranked goalie in the country despite limited exposure, and will be walking into maybe the biggest position of need on the roster
Just curious, but where does it say that Staudt is a top 5 goalie in the 2020 class?

I like this group as well, has a great deal of defensive guys along with LSM's. I can't wait to see what Fairey (the hill academy recruit) can do. Also dont sleep on Gunnar Cheuvront (2019 kid) whos described as a quintessential LSM guy, thought he hasn't signed an NLI, yet...

Look at the 2021 class, have two strong middies so far (one is Mark Dixon's son), along with a great LSM recruit in Diego Roman
[/quote]
If you go on inside lacrosse’s 2020 rankings I believe you’ll see him in there. He’s 80 something, which is pretty awesome considering the treatment Loyola kids get with the ranking systems. I’ve seen him play a couple times and he’s the real deal-I’ve heard lots of Galloway
comparisons.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

I'm just wondering if Peter Brown lost his modem dial up connection to the internet or AOL suspended his service.... :lol:
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

I think he's waiting for the season to just start.

Though i would be mightily impressed if his extremely bold predictions come true about the uva game, winning the PL, and the natty in either 2020 or further down with the classes they have coming in
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Last week,
but good win, good game for Northwestern,
Spencer beating Bradley.

https://nusports.com/sports/mens-basket ... core/16650
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Thanks for the link to Pat and NU. He got a lot of minutes and was high point man. He just has great court and field vision, coupled with his athleticism, and getting the ball, any ball, to the open man or taking it in himself.

Good point HoundAce. PB has his modem just waiting to spring into action.

Let's go see what they're talking about on the Hop page :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

More of the same on the Hop thread. You’re not missing anything. Just more old men who have never played, bashing their favorite team’s players.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Picked up another 2021 verbal recruit in Joey Anneta, D, from Holly Springs High School in North Carolina
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Anetta certainly looks the part. I always worry about level of competition when kids come from non-hotbed areas, but Toomey seems to usually get it right with those kids.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

I believe Q deemed that the staff has a knack for finding diamonds in the rough. Typically overlooked players with 1-2 studs in every recruiting class. DO you think he recruits for a play style?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Toomey seems to like:

Long, rangy defensemen,
Slippery attackmen with vision and stickwork.
Middies, regardless of size that can run.
LSMs that can run and thrive in transition.

Of course, most teams like the above types of players too...

:oops: :lol:

But Loyola always seems to get a lot of non-hotbed kids who really blossom.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Nice article. Some good video. Can't wait for springtime lacrosse.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... 2012/55666
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:45 pm Toomey seems to like:

Long, rangy defensemen,
Slippery attackmen with vision and stickwork.
Middies, regardless of size that can run.
LSMs that can run and thrive in transition.

Of course, most teams like the above types of players too...

:oops: :lol:

But Loyola always seems to get a lot of non-hotbed kids who really blossom.
Looks like we got the answer as to what Coach Toomey and staff look for when they're recruiting. Notice how he doesn't say much about stick skills, athleticism etc etc with what the other top coaches in the article mentioned.

"Obviously athleticism, love of the game and how hard they play. I can remember being a young coach when Top 205 was at Loyola you'd go out to the back field at Butler Field and see who was excited to come out and play. We're just looking for some of those moments to see how kids play in the third game of the day that may mean nothing. The non-negotiables are what kind of athlete they are on the field, how they take coaching — are they palms up guys, do they run to their teammates and celebrate after goals or are they upset that they weren't part of the play? Those are things we certainly all look for when we're out there evaluating.

The biggest thing for us if we've made a decision to bring you to campus, so much rides on that interaction on campus because that's how we start selling our culture, who we are and what makes us different than some of the other programs. You almost have to be a kid that's committed to the type of school and culture that we're asking you to be committed to. This isn't a knock on Loyola, but you're not gonna go to a big-time football game on Saturday — you are the football game when we're playing Johns Hopkins and our students are excited to go watch you play. We need kids that want to be a part of that and we [want to] see the buy-in from the day they step on campus."
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

For the northeasterners, Northwestern Bball plays UMD at UMD on February 18th at 7 PM. Wouldn't be crazy to think that there may be a lacrosse-fest at this game.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

You got that right - probably a few lax fans and family :) Thanks for the heads up.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NovaHound wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:10 pm I'm just wondering if Peter Brown lost his modem dial up connection to the internet or AOL suspended his service.... :lol:

I'm still here; just got bored of posting. And I am somewhat busy at work these days.

Can not wait to beat UVA...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:01 pm I think he's waiting for the season to just start.

Though i would be mightily impressed if his extremely bold predictions come true about the uva game, winning the PL, and the natty in either 2020 or further down with the classes they have coming in

Exactly on #1; on #2, I have not retreated from my predictions. Let's do this!!!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

IL and USLAX released their preseason top 20

Hounds come in at #14 and #15 respectively in both sources
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

14 sprints for the Hounds in January.
Cooter