All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:27 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:40 pm It's funny that most these critics were silent about the tens to hundreds of billions spent in Afghanistan annually for nearly two decades. Are they asking about the billions we send to Israel each year too?

There are valid questions regarding money we give domestically to the American military industrail complex to send arms and support to Ukraine, sure... it's just weird what they pick and choose to get upset about. Seems more one-sided politically driven than actually economically / fiscally driven or even political policy-driven.

They're also completely ignoring the other side of the American Interests discussion in Ukraine. There are a lot of things we are benefitting from with our support.

Plus, you know, doing the right thing still counts in this world, or no?
$1000 says that American Generals are THRILLED with the bang for the buck we're getting in Ukraine. We have DESTROYED the Russian military completely in, oh, around 9 months. And OS is here complaining, acting like he doesn't understand this.

Oh yeah, Biden came up with this strategy all on his own, and American Generals are clutching pearls, demanding Biden stop, and think about the children. :roll: :roll:

Old Salt isn't fooling anyone with this act.
The Russian military has proven to be powerful. All it needs is for Ukraine to stop receiving support from others.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:26 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:24 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:56 pm I give up. Biden sent a USAF jet to fetch Zelensky. His speech was a Hallmark tv Xmas infomercial staged to drag a pork laden earmarked omnibus bill across the finish line.

If we're going to fund a proxy war where Ukrainian soldiers kill Russian soldiers on our behalf, & consume US munitions & weapons systems to destroy Russia's munitions & weapons systems, we need a business plan & we're gonna have to crunch the numbers.
They're all just dead slavs, right ? We need new stuff anyway.

Can we trust DoD or Rand Corp to do it, or should we bring in McKinsey to tally the butchers bill ?
:lol: Again: where the F has this been the last decade plus on the forum?

"Suddenly" you care about casualties, and not just American casualties....all casualties?

"Suddenly" you care about money and spending after NEVER complaining about spending or cut taxes the ENTIRE time you've been here?

Give it up: you have NO STANDING here. None. Zippo. You've NEVER complained about this stuff before. That's what yours truly did!!!

Your "plan" to get out of Afghanistan was to stay. Forever. To the tune of $50 billion per year. And you NEVER mentioned all the Afghani civilians we've killed. Not once. Or in Iraq. Or in Syria. Or, or, or......suddenly, you're selling peace and wise spending? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So please.....move on. Your fake complaints mean NOTHING here. You're whining about Biden. You're not fooling anyone with your nonsense.
What did I tell you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How many Americans died on 9-11 ? Where did the terrorists come from ? Not all wars are the same.

The residual forces I argued for in Iraq & Afghanistan prevented a greater loss of life.
We still have a residual force in Iraq, Kuwait & Syria. It's not that costly in lives or $'s, so you don't hear about it.
The same can't be said about Afghanistan. You just can't face the reality that Biden bungled the Afghan pullout.
If we were killing so many Afghans, why did so many try to leave when we did ?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:40 pm It's funny that most these critics were silent about the tens to hundreds of billions spent in Afghanistan annually for nearly two decades. Are they asking about the billions we send to Israel each year too?

There are valid questions regarding money we give domestically to the American military industrail complex to send arms and support to Ukraine, sure... it's just weird what they pick and choose to get upset about. Seems more one-sided politically driven than actually economically / fiscally driven or even political policy-driven.

They're also completely ignoring the other side of the American Interests discussion in Ukraine. There are a lot of things we are benefitting from with our support.

$1000 says that American Generals are THRILLED with the bang for the buck we're getting in Ukraine. We have DESTROYED the Russian military completely in, oh, around 9 months. And OS is here complaining, acting like he doesn't understand this.

Oh yeah, Biden came up with this strategy all on his own, and American Generals are clutching pearls, demanding Biden stop, and think about the children. :roll: :roll:

... yup. From a purely Machiavellian perspective, Ukraine is a gold mine, the perfect war, totally cost effective. Huge return on investment for the US.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

So by your logic, the longer this war drags on, the more Russians killed, the better ?
Maybe we'll get lucky & drive Putin from power, leaving the largest nuc arsenal in the world in the hands of an unstable regime that hates us because of all their sons we've killed. You're a genius.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:53 pm

The Russian military has proven to be powerful. All it needs is for Ukraine to stop receiving support from others.
Ukraine would already be part of Russia (again) were it not for the support provided by the US & our lesser NATO allies.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:56 pm I give up. Biden sent a USAF jet to fetch Zelensky. His speech was a Hallmark tv Xmas infomercial staged to drag a pork laden earmarked omnibus bill across the finish line.

If we're going to fund a proxy war where Ukrainian soldiers kill Russian soldiers on our behalf, & consume US munitions & weapons systems to destroy Russia's munitions & weapons systems, we need a business plan & we're gonna have to crunch the numbers.

Can we trust DoD or Rand Corp to do it, or should we bring in McKinsey to tally the butchers bill ?

"Suddenly" you care about casualties, and not just American casualties....all casualties?

"Suddenly" you care about money and spending after NEVER complaining about spending or cut taxes the ENTIRE time you've been here?

Give it up: you have NO STANDING here. None. Zippo. You've NEVER complained about this stuff before. That's what yours truly did!!!

Your "plan" to get out of Afghanistan was to stay. Forever. To the tune of $50 billion per year. And you NEVER mentioned all the Afghani civilians we've killed. Not once. Or in Iraq. Or in Syria. Or, or, or......suddenly, you're selling peace and wise spending? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So please.....move on. Your fake complaints mean NOTHING here. You're whining about Biden. You're not fooling anyone with your nonsense.
F U ! I have as much standing to opine on this as you do. Nobody gave me a line item veto. I just quit bitching about deficit spending when Simpson-Bowles died & the sequester caps were blown off of domestic spending, because that was the only way to fix our hollowed out military while they were being tasked beyond their capability & readiness was falling to unsafe levels. You complain about wars. I didn't ask for them. I just asked for what's needed to win them once we were committed. I wasn't for nation building in Iraq or Afghanistan. I just wanted to kill the terrorists & keep them from coming back.

Dazzle us with your Russia vs EU GPD #'s & tell me why we should be paying more for this war in Europe than all of the EUroburghers combined, to protect them from a threat on their border. Unlike 9-11, we were not attacked nor were any of our NATO allies.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:34 am

F U ! I have as much standing to opine on this as you do. Nobody gave me a line item veto. I just quit bitching about deficit spending when Simpson-Bowles died & the sequester caps were blown off of domestic spending, because that was the only way to fix our hollowed out military while they were being tasked beyond their capability & readiness was falling to unsafe levels. You complain about wars. I didn't ask for them. I just asked for what's needed to win them once we were committed. I wasn't for nation building in Iraq or Afghanistan. I just wanted to kill the terrorists & keep them from coming back.

Dazzle us with your Russia vs EU GPD #'s & tell me why we should be paying more for this war in Europe than all of the EUroburghers combined, to protect them from a threat on their border. Unlike 9-11, we were not attacked nor were any of our NATO allies.
We cannot allow a democratic European nation to be militarily conquered by an expansionist and aggressive fascist regime in Russia. It’s as simple as that.

Europe’s wars are America’s wars. That’s been true for a century.

America’s national security is directly at stake in Ukraine.

How can you be so blind as to not understand that?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Oliver North in support of Freedom Fighters, using their blood and out bullets. Most of that money is spent right here in America....

In short.....taking the "long look".

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:54 am Oliver North in support of Freedom Fighters, using their blood and out bullets. Most of that money is spent right here in America....

I happened to see that interview live, the interviewer, former congressman, looked flabbergasted...not the answer he expected or wanted.

POS.

Good for Ollie.
Not someone I've liked over the years, but he's right.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:06 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:26 pm

What did I tell you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How many Americans died on 9-11 ? Where did the terrorists come from ? Not all wars are the same.

The residual forces I argued for in Iraq & Afghanistan prevented a greater loss of life.
We still have a residual force in Iraq, Kuwait & Syria. It's not that costly in lives or $'s, so you don't hear about it.
The same can't be said about Afghanistan. You just can't face the reality that Biden bungled the Afghan pullout.
If we were killing so many Afghans, why did so many try to leave when we did ?
We got out…. Good enough for me.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:16 am

Ukraine would already be part of Russia (again) were it not for the support provided by the US & our lesser NATO allies.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Navy Lacrosse would be good if Richie Meade were still there.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:11 am

So by your logic, the longer this war drags on, the more Russians killed, the better ?
Maybe we'll get lucky & drive Putin from power, leaving the largest nuc arsenal in the world in the hands of an unstable regime that hates us because of all their sons we've killed. You're a genius.
There is nothing “stable” about Putin or his fascist regime.

What is stable about it? His murder of dissidents on overseas soil? His routine invasions of neighboring countries? His attempts to sway democratic elections in the United States and other democracies? His promotion of racist, bigoted, and anti-Semitic far-right ideology? His commission of war crimes and crimes against humanity? His threats to use nuclear weapons?

The United States and its allies need to contain Putin and his fascist regime (what President Biden is trying to do in Ukraine) and ultimately work towards Putin’s demise.

Putin is a dangerous, unstable element in Europe and the entire world. He shares those traits with his fascist predecessors in the annals of tyrants. Putin is a terrorist and war criminal.

It’s the right time to do whatever we can to ensure history finally turns the page on that murderous thug.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

trump c0u1d ki11 putin
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kinduv wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:17 pm trump c0u1d ki11 putin
That'd do it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:54 am Oliver North in support of Freedom Fighters, using their blood and out bullets. Most of that money is spent right here in America....

... Faux News counter programming their boy Carlson. Mr., the Jew Zelansky is fighting a holy war against Christian mother Russia. :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:35 am

I happened to see that interview live, the interviewer, former congressman, looked flabbergasted...not the answer he expected or wanted.

POS.

Good for Ollie.
Not someone I've liked over the years, but he's right.
The Faux News interviewer is Jason Chavez, ex Utah congressman. Mike Flynn would have been a more compliant interviewee. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:34 am F U ! I have as much standing to opine on this as you do. Nobody gave me a line item veto. I just quit bitching about deficit spending when Simpson-Bowles died & the sequester caps were blown off of domestic spending, because that was the only way to fix our hollowed out military while they were being tasked beyond their capability & readiness was falling to unsafe levels. You complain about wars. I didn't ask for them.
Yes. You have. I've realized just how much you hate that you have a history here, and would prefer we all ignore it.

You have cheered every war, every intervention, and every "let's arm these guys" we've done, outside of the Gulf War. You have insisted that we have NO CHOICE but to play global cop------"keeping the shipping lanes open", and "keeping access to cheap ME oil". No choice, you told me. Mocking my naivety to dare to think otherwise.

THAT is the context, my man. Now? Suddenly after over a decade of lecturing all of us that we can't leave Iraq. Can't leave Afghanistan. Why we MUST be in Syria. And on and on.....you've seen the light of WarJeezus, and FINALLY decide in this one and only instance....we have choices.

It's spectacular. You FINALLY understand that NATO and the EU can keep lanes open, but choose not to. That NATO and the EU can pay for sh(t, and it doesn't have to be us.

I've been telling you this sh(t for over a decade, and all I got from you is mockery, and implying I'm too dumb to understand war. And now that for the first time we have a POTUS with a little D by his name doing the same sh*t your Republican Presidents have been doing all this time? Ohhhhh, we can't have that. We don't have the money. And out comes the "he's doing it wrong".

Yep, post what you want. Knock yourself out. But there isn't a poster here that doesn't understand that your fake complaints have NOTHING to do with your objection to funding war. Your complaint is all about Biden, and that little D.

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:34 am Dazzle us with your Russia vs EU GPD #'s & tell me why we should be paying more for this war in Europe than all of the EUroburghers combined, to protect them from a threat on their border.
Happy to! I already told you what Biden should do: he should cut taxes! That will pay for all this spending in Ukraine, and then some.

Whats the matter? Not buying your Republican Bullsh(t about how taxes work now that a Dem is in charge? :roll:

You didn't say a peep about Trump or Bush's reckless spending and tax cuts. Not a word. Trump increases spending by 66% in four years, and I can't get you to notice it.

So please, by all means. Cry us a river about spending now that the Dems are in charge. We're at the edges of our seats, and REALLY concerned about this new complaint of yours. Tell us more!!!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:32 pm
Kinduv wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:17 pm trump c0u1d ki11 putin
That'd do it.
... :lol: Trump couldn't do it. He'd be too busy kneeling in front of Putin.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:11 am So by your logic, the longer this war drags on, the more Russians killed, the better ?
:lol: I'm telling you, as you very well know, if Trump was still President, you'd be lecturing me that we're taking the teeth out of Putin's war machine at a minimal cost.

You never bother reading what I'm writing. I've NEVER supported what Biden is doing over there. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep had Biden done nothing.

All I've said is that Biden is between a rock and a hard place, and if (if) you believe we should help Ukraine, Biden has played his cards darn near perfect so far.
old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:11 am Maybe we'll get lucky & drive Putin from power, leaving the largest nuc arsenal in the world in the hands of an unstable regime that hates us because of all their sons we've killed. You're a genius.
:lol: Says the guy who told us that we HAD to go back in and take out Saddam.

After you and your pals thought it was a swell idea that we HAD to bankroll Saddam to provide a counter to Iran. And why did we need that "counter to Iran"? Well, because we thought it would be great to install a puppet in Iran "because" guys like you think we MUST have cheap oil, and have "no other choices"

And everyone here knows perfectly well you supported Charlie Wilson's (Reagan) game of arming and training crews who would eventually pass on their US Military training to those who hit us on 9/11. We HAD to go into the ME according to you. Oil. No other choice.

But sure, please lecture me about the consequences of Old Salt's interventions all around the world. We just HAD to wipe out Saddam and his forces, creating a massive power vacuum in the ME. :lol:

And propping up leaders in Afghanistan, because you think that's brilliant. Gee, I wonder if we'll have any blowback because of those choices.

Naaaaaaah. We only have to deal with consequences when Democrat Presidents make those choices. When those magic R's make these choices, nothing bad happens, no civilians die, and the cost of all of this is free. We pay for "Republican Wars" using grocery store coupons we clip out.

Sell this idiocy somewhere else. You have NEVER talked about consequences of our warmongering. You have NEVER talked about money we spend doing it. You have NEVER talked about civilian casualties. All you discuss is the mission. Until now. And everyone here knows why.
Last edited by a fan on Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:16 am

And the US (or some portion of CONUS) would be part of the UK if it weren't for the support provided by France.

So what's your point?

Oh, "lesser NATO Allies"? You superiority complex is showing...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”