Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: ...then 9-11 brought us back to reality. Meanwhile, thanks to unrestrained free trade (GATT, NAFTA, WTO) & Investment Bank schemes, we discovered we'd gutted our manufacturing sector & middle class.
I don't think Americans are even close to catching on to this.

If they did, they wouldn't have elected a card carrying member of the team the gutted the middle class and manufacturing sector.

Not to mention that we're still---and this goes for Trump and the R's in particular----not doing anything about this.

In fact, they're making this "gutting" worse, not better.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Carter was a lousy president because he spoke the truth....the malaise speech. Reagan made us feel good. Americans are simply characters in a meatloaf song. "...I swore I would love you til the end of time....."

any lie just to feel good, albeit briefly.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

runrussellrun wrote:Carter was a lousy president because he spoke the truth....the malaise speech. Reagan made us feel good. Americans are simply characters in a meatloaf song. "...I swore I would love you til the end of time....."

any lie just to feel good, albeit briefly.
Since it is all just a simulation, what difference does it make? Might as well pretend we are doing allright..... headbang1
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

Well, there goes the Trump administration.

After seeing the voter turn out, and seeing how Obama was treated, If was Pelosi, I'd deliver this speech to Trump and the R's....

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

What did I miss? Who treated Obama what way? Are you mad that he didn't host SNL or go on "late night" tv shows?

Obama lathered himself up with hillaryous oozing of lousyness all by his lonesome. You reap what you endorse. The Dems in my area spit in the face of Ayanna Pressley.....and Obama FINALLY got around to endorsing her this fall when she was running UN-Opposed. What is it about traditional DEMS not endorsing women?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote:What did I miss? Who treated Obama what way?
Congressional Republicans, remember?

Zero major bills in Obama's last 6 year, outside of the sequester, remember? They blocked it all. All under the guise of fake fiscal responsibility

And then people like you hit him for not "leading" and not getting anything done, remember? (I was guilty of that, too, if that is of any help)
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

a fan wrote:

Zero major bills in Obama's last 6 year, outside of the sequester, remember? They blocked it all. All under the guise of fake fiscal responsibility

And then people like you hit him for not "leading" and not getting anything done, remember? (I was guilty of that, too, if that is of any help)
Will be interesting to see what congressional Democrats do. I'm going to go out on a limb and say its going to be very similar to what the Republicans did. Except perhaps maybe under the guise of providing "checks and balances."
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Looking like Sessions is out...

From Trump Twitter..
@realDonaldTrump
6m6 minutes ago
We are pleased to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become our new Acting Attorney General of the United States. He will serve our Country well....

@realDonaldTrump

....We thank Attorney General Jeff Sessions for his service, and wish him well! A permanent replacement will be nominated at a later date.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, that takes care of the biggest dope bag in the war on drugs, maybe cannabis has a better chance of getting off Sched 1 now...maybe.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

"Mueller's investigation of Trump is going too far"
By Matthew Whitaker

Updated 5:21 PM ET, Sun August 6, 2017

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/06/opinions ... index.html
New acting AG may have to rescuse himself :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote:
"Mueller's investigation of Trump is going too far"
By Matthew Whitaker

Updated 5:21 PM ET, Sun August 6, 2017

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/06/opinions ... index.html
New acting AG may have to rescuse himself :lol:
I think 'have to recuse himself' imagines that he would listen to the ethics office. If we assume that he's been specifically selected to be DJT's personal protector from Mueller, then paying attention to the ethics goes out the window.

'should recuse' is another matter.

This is the beginning of the slow roll of a Saturday Night Massacre...and the key question is what is Trump afraid of if he's actually innocent of 'collusion'?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

jhu72 wrote:This may explain it.
"Donald Trump Jr. was only a part of my family for a very short period of time. I barely know him." - OD
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:

Come on......of the over 10,000 bills/laws introduced by the 113th Congress (2013-14), almost three hundred became law, signed by President Obama (296)

What, laws about re-naming Post offices and banning Nazis from collecting social security (hr 5739 ) isn't MAJOR enough for you? :D

https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7B%2 ... 2law%22%7D

The next congress passed 329 bills that became laws. In fact, the busiest beaver Congress of the past 40 years was the 95th, passing 803 bills that became laws. Not sure I like the 101st Congress' number of bills passed. 666. But, get your point. Do we REALLY need to pass a new law every other day Congress is in session?

Passing just over 12,000 new laws since 1973

Man....these congress types are busy beavers. Introducing about 50 new ideas every day they are in town. Why shouldn't they be able to be free of insider trading laws.

REPEAL the STOCK act......NOW.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote:

this is a double edged sword. Dems aren't elected to be obstructionists. Their base wants activists. By definition a conservative should value a certain degree of obstructionism - tapping the breaks is supposed to be in the conservative DNA - not so much the liberal DNA.

From a OD perspective looking at 2020 - Trump is probably QUITE pleased with how the election turned out.

1) In terms of control of the House, he now has a foil to blame for not getting things done. If the Dems go full CSI Capitol Hill I don't think it plays well over two full years. The Kav investigation didn't help the dems, but enough time lapsed between the hearings and the election that folks got distracted.

2) In Ohio and Florida - his coalition looks to be pretty strong. Those states are KEY to the 2020 election.

Someone on here said they hope Trump gets bored or tired of the fighting and drops out making room for a more attractive candidate - I hope so too. Because if that doesn't happen, I am thinking Trump gets re-elected.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

... you are a rude, terrible person ...

baby1 baby1 baby1
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

HooDat wrote:By definition a conservative should value a certain degree of obstructionism - tapping the breaks is supposed to be in the conservative DNA - not so much the liberal DNA.
Sorry, but respectfully, that's a CROCK. McConnell-style obstructionism had absolutely NOTHING to do with tapping the breaks...he and his gop'ers STOOD on the breaks in the most egregious political partisanship effort ever seen to shut down government and pound Obama over the head for being "do-nothing" or "ramming it down our throats". Look no further than healthcare, which, by the way, they are obstructing and destroying to this day...despite the nakedly partisan bleting about their (election season) "support" for the pre-existing conditions issue.

This sort of naked partisanship is going to turn around and kick their butts any day now... bang1

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

dislaxxic wrote:
HooDat wrote:By definition a conservative should value a certain degree of obstructionism - tapping the breaks is supposed to be in the conservative DNA - not so much the liberal DNA.
Sorry, but respectfully, that's a CROCK. McConnell-style obstructionism had absolutely NOTHING to do with tapping the breaks...he and his gop'ers STOOD on the breaks in the most egregious political partisanship effort ever seen to shut down government and pound Obama over the head for being "do-nothing" or "ramming it down our throats". Look no further than healthcare, which, by the way, they are obstructing and destroying to this day...despite the nakedly partisan bleting about their (election season) "support" for the pre-existing conditions issue.

This sort of naked partisanship is going to turn around and kick their butts any day now... bang1

Sometimes you are so busy looking for R -vs- D hit points that you don't read what people are saying.

I did not say anything about whether the R's were right or wrong in being obstructionist. I said nothing about what their motivations were for being obstructionist. And I used the word "obstructionist" to apply to both parties.

MY POINT was about voting habits and what each side will tolerate. R voters are going to have more patience with obstructionism than D voters because of their views on the role of government (and yes afan - I know that they say one thing and do another, but it is still how they vote).

FURTHER TO MY POINT - the Dems are to be credited for actually expecting their representative DO SOMETHING.....

sheesh..... bang1

a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: 1) In terms of control of the House, he now has a foil to blame for not getting things done.
Ordinarily, I'd agree. But Republican voters are so off the deep end that, as I mentioned before, they blame Pelosi for not getting an immigration bill passed. The R's could hold every single seat in the House and Senate, and FoxNation would STILL blame Dems for not getting bills passed. These people left critical thinking at the door 20 years ago.
HooDat wrote:Someone on here said they hope Trump gets bored or tired of the fighting and drops out making room for a more attractive candidate - I hope so too. Because if that doesn't happen, I am thinking Trump gets re-elected.
Depends on who runs against him. But my money is on Trump unless we get an economic collapse.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

DMac wrote:Well, that takes care of the biggest dope bag in the war on drugs, maybe cannabis has a better chance of getting off Sched 1 now...maybe.
Inconsolable Jeff Sessions Tries To Commit Suicide By Smoking Joint - The Onion :D

Return to “POLITICS”